/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Home Shaker Aamer

strivingobserver98
10-30-2015, 06:30 PM
:sl:

Shaker Aamer Guantanamo Bay detainee back in the UK.

After 13 years, he is back!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34675324

“The reason I have been strong is because of the support of people so strongly devoted to the truth. If I was the fire to be lit to tell the truth, it was the people who protected the fire from the wind. My thanks go to Allah first, second to my wife, my family, to my kids and then to my lawyers who did everything they could to carry the word to the world. I feel obliged to every individual who fought for justice not just for me but to bring an end to Guantanamo. Without knowing of their fight I might have given up more than once; I am overwhelmed by what people have done by their actions, their thoughts and their prayers and without their devotion to justice I would not be here in Britain now.

The reality may be that we cannot establish peace but we can establish justice. If there is anything that will bring this world to peace it is to remove injustice.”

- Shaker Aamer, 30th October 2015

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
10-31-2015, 02:00 AM
Moazzam Begg shuts down David Rivkin.

strivingobserver98
11-12-2015, 05:28 AM
Shaker Aamer just sent a message to two of his supporters with this pic:

"Hi Joanne and Andy, please send this message below to all of those who campaigned with We Stand With Shaker, the Save Shaker Aamer Campaign, those who fasted for me, MPs, and everyone else you know who has fought for my release.

"I can't tell you how much I want to speak to all of you and stand with all of you, carrying on the struggle for justice for everybody who has been oppressed and needs our help. If there is one thing we can do to save the whole world it is to fight for justice. We will work hard together to close #Guantanamo and every unlawful facility run by any government worldwide. Justice has no colour or religion or race.

"I promise all of you good people -- those whose names I know, and those whose names I do not know -- that my heart and my spirit feel your thoughts of justice. I care for you all.

"Yours sincerely, Shaker Aamer ISN 239"

BeTheChange
12-16-2015, 06:16 PM
David Rivkin - "kept in humane conditions".

If the tables were turned your hypocrisy will show mate.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!