/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What's stopping us from having a Chatroom?

BlueOwl358
10-30-2015, 07:46 PM
I had a thought based on the thread as to why the forum ain't that lively. Why isn't there a chatroom. We could easily set up a chatroom on a free online web server and even make it private if we want to. Link it to the forum, and maybe even link accounts. I see a bunch of people online at any single point, and I know that there isn't a mega supply of thoughts or discussions, but a chat room circumvents that problem by creating a real time discussion. I mean, what is really stopping us. At first, it'll me a fun experiment, and if it becomes something more, than that much the better, am I right? :shade:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
10-30-2015, 07:53 PM
For a public chatroom it will need to be strictly moderated, otherwise freemixing will be open doors.

We do already have private chatrooms, but you will need to apply for brothers section [emoji41].

BlueOwl358
10-30-2015, 07:55 PM
Ooh. :D But wait, ^o) what's the Brothers Section? :skeleton:

strivingobserver98
10-30-2015, 07:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BlueOwl358
Ooh. :D But wait, ^o) what's the Brothers Section? :skeleton:
The cave of the Lions [emoji41].

Scroll down to "Private sections" and you will see "Brothers section".

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BlueOwl358
10-30-2015, 08:00 PM
But I don't have the 200 posts required for joining, cause that is what it says. imsad

strivingobserver98
10-30-2015, 08:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BlueOwl358
But I don't have the 200 posts required for joining, cause that is what it says. imsad
After 200 posts, there will be a short wait. But at the end it will all be worth it [emoji4].

aflawedbeing
10-30-2015, 09:19 PM
I can't believe no one has mentioned this yet.
Chatrooms are lame and attract morons.

*charisma*
10-31-2015, 12:09 AM
Assalamu Alaikum,

When the forum was very active, there actually was a chatroom, but only briefly. It wasn't that popular and I'm sure it was a pain in the behind to moderate, so it was removed.

Umm Abed
10-31-2015, 07:54 AM
We can have a public chatroom for a limited amount of time, that will be fair and no extra time for the chat to get too random.

Farhan you should consider it:Dbtw, how do you get those whatsapp-type smileys?:shade:

BlueOwl358
10-31-2015, 08:07 AM
What whatsapp smileys? Maybe its just code that automatically becomes smileys by detections. And I am getting more and more intrigued by this secret section, it seems like a giant conspiracy everyone is trying to hide. Ahh its killing me.

This shall be my new goal, to be the very best. Gotta catch them all. All the smileys shall be mine. This is my new dedicaiton.

strivingobserver98
10-31-2015, 04:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed
arhan you should consider itbtw, how do you get those whatsapp-type smileys?
:ia: we can consider it for a specific event or something :).

You have to use forum via tapatalk, then you can use emojis.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!