/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Washing dishes - therapeutic?

Umm Abed
10-31-2015, 08:04 AM
There's nothing nicer than washing a sinkful of dishes in warm soapy water. My mom used to enjoy doing the dishes, she found it relaxing. Id agree with her as well, (although I do prefer the dishwasher lol).

Do you also find washing dishes therapeutic?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
10-31-2015, 10:41 AM
I donĀ“t but I could invite you to here to relax a little - specially after I have baked or cooked something.

:D

Free dishbrush includes the offer and maybe some cookies too.

Mehnaaz
10-31-2015, 11:00 AM
Not at all. I wish I had a genie who would do the dishes for me. ^o)
Oh, wait. I do have a dishwasher. :) But I would so love it that a dish gets cleaned the very instant I'm done using it - no loading the dishwasher and a very clean sink.

Oh, so many wishes....

~Zaria~
10-31-2015, 05:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed
There's nothing nicer than washing a sinkful of dishes in warm soapy water. My mom used to enjoy doing the dishes, she found it relaxing. Id agree with her as well, (although I do prefer the dishwasher lol).

Do you also find washing dishes therapeutic?

Assalamu-alaikum,

One can spend the time during such chores (and all other times when not intensely engaged in activity) in the Zikr (remembrance) of Allah.
This is referred to as Wuqoof-e-qalb (Vigilance of the Heart).

In this way, that activity can become a means of worship, reward and nearness to our Rabb, in shaa Allah (versus activities with benefits that are just related to this dunya).

:wa:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AhmedGassama
10-31-2015, 05:16 PM
I don't find it therapetic at all :D

lonewolf007
10-31-2015, 07:38 PM
hmmmm well with me it depends on what my moods like and the situation, at times i find it therapeutic and at other times i get really frustrated ;D

Umm Abed
11-02-2015, 08:02 AM
With the responses, lol, you guys must be thinking this is a joke thread and that Im weird for thinking washing dishes is therapeutic ;D.

I suppose we'r so busy who has time to enjoy washing dishes haha. I myself find it a chore loading the dishwasher but that's a separate issue lol.

Washing dishes by hand gets really tiring when you have to do it all day. But generally, doing a sinkful of dishes in hot, sudsy water is nice sometimes - not those big greasy sticky pans though, thats a big turn off:mmokay:

Thanks for the responses everyone.

eesa the kiwi
11-02-2015, 09:25 AM
recite quran or listen to islamic lectures when you do your chores
you get the job done and earn hasanat at the same time inshaallah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!