/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Benefits of Reciting Surah Baqarah

ajr
11-02-2015, 06:55 PM
The blessing of Reciting Surah Baqarah:
To drive out shaitaan; barakah in the house.
The Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said, ‘Learn how to recite Surah al-Baqarah for there is a blessing in it, and there is sorrow for abandoning it, and it is unbearable for the idle’ and that ‘al Baqarah and al Imran are like two flowers which will shade their learner on the day of Judgement, as if there were two large clouds or two flocks of birds’. [Ahmad 21872 & Buraida al-Aslami Muslim 1/553]
DO NOT turn your houses into graves. Verily, Shaytan does not enter the house where Surat Al-Baqarah is recited.) At-Tirmidhi said, "Hasan Sahih.
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (Peace be upon him) as saying: Do not make your houses as graveyards. Satan runs away from the house in which Surah Baqarah is recited.(Muslim 4:1707)
In his Musnad, Ad-Darimi recorded that Ibn Mas`ud said, "Shaytan departs the house where Surat Al-Baqarah is being recited, and as he leaves, he passes gas.'' Ad-Darimi also recorded that Ash-Sha`bi said that `Abdullah bin Mas`ud said, "Whoever recites ten Ayat from Surat Al-Baqarah in a night, then Shaytan will not enter his house that night. (These ten Ayat are) four from the beginning, Ayat Al-Kursi (255), the following two Ayat (256-257) and the last three Ayat.'' In another narration, Ibn Mas`ud said, "Then Shaytan will not come near him or his family, nor will he be touched by anything that he dislikes.
Al-Bukhari recorded that Usayd bin Hudayr said that he was once reciting Surat Al-Baqarah while his horse was tied next to him. The horse started to make some noise. When Usayd stopped reciting, the horse stopped moving about. When he resumed reading, the horse started moving about again. When he stopped reciting, the horse stopped moving, and when he resumed reading, the horse started to move again. Meanwhile, his son Yahya was close to the horse, and he feared that the horse might step on him. When he moved his son back, he looked up to the sky and saw a cloud radiating with light that looked like lamps. In the morning, he went to the Prophet and told him what had happened and then said, "O Messenger of Allah! My son Yahya was close to the horse and I feared that she might step on him. When I attended to him and raised my head to the sky, I saw a cloud with lights like lamps. So I went, but I couldn't see it.'' The Prophet said, "Do you know what that was'' He said, "No.'' The Prophet said, They were the angels, they came close hearing your voice (reciting Surat Al-Baqarah), and if you had kept reading, the people would have been able to see the angels when the morning came, and the angels would not be hidden from their eyes.
The Prophet said, ‘The Qur’an and those who committed themselves to it will be presented on the Day of judgement, preceded by Surah al-Baqarah and Surah al Imran’.
[Muslim 805]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
10-17-2018, 12:55 PM
In Musnad Ahmad, Sahih Muslim, At-Tirmidhi and An-Nasa'i, it is recorded that Abu Hurayrah RA said that the Prophet s.a.w said, (Do not turn your houses into graves. Verily, Shaytan does not enter the house where Surat Al-Baqarah is recited.) At-Tirmidhi said, "Hasan Sahih.

Also, `Abdullah bin Mas`ud RA said, "Shaytan flees from the house where Surat Al-Baqarah is heard.''

This Hadith was collected by An-Nasa'i in Al-Yawm wal-Laylah, and Al-Hakim recorded it in his Mustadrak, and then said that its chain of narration is authentic.

In his Musnad, Ad-Darimi recorded that Ibn Mas`ud RA said, "Shaytan departs the house where Surat Al-Baqarah is being recited, and as he leaves, he passes gas.''

Ad-Darimi also recorded that Ash-Sha`bi said that `Abdullah bin Mas`ud RA said, "Whoever recites ten Ayat from Surat Al-Baqarah in a night, then Shaytan will not enter his house that night.(These ten Ayat are) four from the beginning, Ayat Al-Kursi (255), the following two Ayat (256-257) and the last three Ayat.''

In another narration, Ibn Mas`ud ra said, "Then Shaytan will not come near him or his family, nor will he be touched by anything that he dislikes. Also, if these Ayat were to be recited over a senile person, they would wake him up.''

Further, Sahl bin Sa`d ra said that the Messenger of Allah s.a.w said,

(Everything has a hump (or, high peek), and Al-Baqarah is the high peek of the Qur'an. Whoever recites Al-Baqarah at night in his house, then Shaytan will not enter that house for three nights. Whoever recites it during a day in his house, then Shaytan will not enter that house for three days.)

This Hadith was collected by Abu Al-Qasim At-Tabarani, Abu Hatim Ibn Hibban in his Sahih and Ibn Marduwyah.

At-Tirmidhi, An-Nasa'i and Ibn Majah recorded that Abu Hurayrah ra said, "The Messenger of Allah s.a.w sent an expedition force comprising of many men and asked each about what they memorized of the Qur'an. The Prophet s.a.w came to one of the youngest men among them and asked him, `What have you memorized (of the Qur'an) young man' He said, `I memorized such and such Surahs and also Al-Baqarah.' The Prophet s.a.w said, `You memorized Surat Al-Baqarah' He said, `Yes.' The Prophet s.a.w said, `Then you are their commander.' One of the noted men (or chiefs) commented, `By Allah! I did not learn Surat Al-Baqarah, for fear that I would not be able to implement it. The Messenger of Allah said, (Learn Al-Qur'an and recite it, for the example of whoever learns the Qur'an, recites it and adheres to it, is the example of a bag that is full of musk whose scent fills the air. The example of whoever learns the Qur'an and then sleeps (i.e. lazy) while the Qur'an is in his memory, is the example of a bag that has musk, but is closed tight.)

This is the wording collected by At-Tirmidhi, who said that this Hadith is Hasan.

In another narration, At-Tirmidhi recorded this same Hadith in a Mursal manner, so Allah knows best.

Also, Al-Bukhari recorded that Usayd bin Hudayr ra said that he was once reciting Surat Al-Baqarah while his horse was tied next to him. The horse started to make some noise. When Usayd ra each stopped reciting, the horse stopped moving about. When he resumed reading, the horse started moving about again. When he stopped reciting, the horse stopped moving, and when he resumed reading, the horse started to move again. Meanwhile, his son Yahya was close to the horse, and he feared that the horse might step on him. When he moved his son back, he looked up to the sky and saw a cloud radiating with light that looked like lamps.
In the morning, he went to the Prophet s.a.w and told him what had happened and then said, "O Messenger of Allah! My son Yahya was close to the horse and I feared that she might step on him. When I attended to him and raised my head to the sky, I saw a cloud with lights like lamps. So I went, but I couldn't see it.'' The Prophet s.a.w said, "Do you know what that was'' He said, "No.'' The Prophet s.a.w said, (They were the angels, they came close hearing your voice (reciting Surat Al-Baqarah), and if you had kept reading, the people would have been able to see the angels when the morning came, and the angels would not be hidden from their eyes.)

(by Imam Abu Ubayd Al-Qasim bin Salam in his book Fada'il Al-Qur'an.)

azc
10-19-2018, 05:11 AM
Ibn ‘Abbas narrated ra:

“While Jibril a.s. was with the Messenger of Allah s.a.w, he heard a noise from above. Jibril lifted his sight to the sky and said:“This is a door in the Heavens being opened, and it has never been opened before now.”An Angel descended from that door and came to the Prophet s.a.w and said:
“Receive the glad tidings of two lights that you have been given, which no other Prophet before you was given: the Opening of the Book, and the last verses of‘al-Baqarah.’You will not read a letter of them except that you will gain its benefit.””

(‘Sahih at-Targhib wat-Tarhib’; # 1456)

“Verily, Allah Wrote a Book one thousand years before He Created the Heavens and the Earth; from this Book descended the last two verses of‘al-Baqarah.’These verses are not recited for three nights in any home except that no devil can come near it.”

(‘Sahih al-Jami”; # 1799)

آمَنَ الرَّسُولُ بِمَا أُنزِلَ إِلَيْهِ مِن رَّبِّهِ وَالْمُؤْمِنُونَ ۚ كُلٌّ آمَنَ بِاللَّهِ وَمَلَائِكَتِهِ وَكُتُبِهِ وَرُسُلِهِ لَا نُفَرِّقُ بَيْنَ أَحَدٍ مِّن رُّسُلِهِ ۚ وَقَالُوا سَمِعْنَا وَأَطَعْنَا ۖ غُفْرَانَكَ رَبَّنَا وَإِلَيْكَ الْمَصِيرُ

Amana arrasoolu bimaonzila ilayhi min rabbihi walmu/minoona kullun amanabillahi wamala-ikatihi wakutubihiwarusulihi la nufarriqu bayna ahadin min rusulihiwaqaloo samiAAna waataAAna ghufranakarabbana wa-ilayka almaseer
The Messenger has believed in what was revealed to him from his Lord, and ]so have[ the believers. All of them have believed in Allah and His angels and His books and His messengers, ]saying[, “We make no distinction between any of His messengers.” And they say, “We hear and we obey. ]We seek[ Your forgiveness, our Lord, and to You is the ]final[ destination.”
لَا يُكَلِّفُ اللَّهُ نَفْسًا إِلَّا وُسْعَهَا ۚ لَهَا مَا كَسَبَتْ وَعَلَيْهَا مَا اكْتَسَبَتْ ۗ رَبَّنَا لَا تُؤَاخِذْنَا إِن نَّسِينَا أَوْ أَخْطَأْنَا ۚ رَبَّنَا وَلَا تَحْمِلْ عَلَيْنَا إِصْرًا كَمَا حَمَلْتَهُ عَلَى الَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِنَا ۚ رَبَّنَا وَلَا تُحَمِّلْنَا مَا لَا طَاقَةَ لَنَا بِهِ ۖ وَاعْفُ عَنَّا وَاغْفِرْ لَنَا وَارْحَمْنَا ۚ أَنتَ مَوْلَانَا فَانصُرْنَا عَلَى الْقَوْمِ الْكَافِرِينَ
La yukallifu Allahu nafsanilla wusAAaha laha ma kasabatwaAAalayha ma iktasabat rabbana latu-akhithna in naseena aw akhta/narabbana wala tahmil AAalayna isrankama hamaltahu AAala allatheena minqablina rabbana wala tuhammilnama la taqata lana bihi waAAfuAAanna waghfir lana warhamnaanta mawlana fansurna AAalaalqawmi alkafireen

Allah swt does not charge a soul except (with that within) its capacity. It will have the consequence of what (good) it has gained, and it will bear ]the consequence of[ what (evil) it has earned.“Our Lord, do not impose blame upon us if we have forgotten or erred. Our Lord, and lay not upon us a burden like that which You laid upon those before us. Our Lord, and burden us not with that which we have no ability to bear. And pardon us; and forgive us; and have mercy upon us. You are our protector, so give us victory over the disbelieving people.”

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!