/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Keep calm death will find you

ajr
11-02-2015, 07:25 PM
Death is often a subject most of us don't like broaching. We shy away from it as if it doesn't apply to us. We hear of death and we utter ''inna lilahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon-from Allah we come and to Allah is our return''. That is so profound, knowing that we come from jannah, that our very souls were Created there, why then is it so difficult for us to want to go back there? Why dont we yearn for that abode again?
And they said, “There is no (other life) but our (present) life of this world, and never shall we be resurrected.”
The word dunya is from the root letters dal-noon-wau and it means “closeness or lowliness”. Dunya is both closer in time (than the Akhirah) and lowly in status.
Question arises then, why do we not understand the Hereafter is real? Its because we are not prepared for accountability. if we believe in accountability then we wont be able to do whatever we want, we will then live within the boundaries set forth for us and adhere to it.
How can we be content with this worldly life, the dunya is so lowly and imperfect.
Allah says: If you could but see when they will stand before their Lord! He will say, “Is not this the truth?” They will say, “Yes, by our Lord!” He will then say, “So taste you the torment because you used not to believe.” (surah anaam, verse 30)
Once the angel of death (Hadrat Izra'il) appeared in the form of human being in the court of Prophet Sulaiman (peace be upon him) and gazed continously at a person present there for some time. When the angel of death vanished, that person asked Prophet Sulaiman (peace be upon him): "Who was that person?" He told him that that was the angel of death. He remarked: "The angel of death had gazed at me in such a manner as if he had determined to take my life." Prophet Sulaiman (peace be upon him) asked him: "What do you want?" He requested him to drop him in India. Prophet Sulaiman commanded the air to carry him up and drop him in India. Consequently the air carried him to India (which was very far from where he was). The angel of death came to Prophet Sulaiman (peace be upon him). He asked him "Why did you fix your gaze at that person?" Angel of death told: "I wondered that the Almighty Allah had commanded me to take the life of this person in India whereas he is sitting here in your presence."
Narrated on the authority of Khuthaima (RA). From the book "The spectacle of Death"
Prophet Adam (AS) supplicated this duah “Our Lord! We have wronged our own souls: If thou forgive us not and bestow not upon us Thy Mercy, we shall certainly be lost.”
Repent dear brothers and sisters so that we can taste the sweetness of jannah
Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) said:
I heard the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) saying, "Allah, the Exalted, has said: 'O son of Adam! I shall go on forgiving you so long as you pray to Me and aspire for My forgiveness whatever may be your sins. O son of Adam! I do not care even if your sins should pile up to the sky and should you beg pardon of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam! If you come to Me with an earthful of sins and meet Me, not associating anything with Me in worship, I will certainly grant you as much pardon as will fill the earth."'
[At-Tirmidhi].Book 20, Hadith 10

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!