/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are our Ulema dileberately misleading us???

ajr
11-05-2015, 05:47 AM
A while back i came across several sheikhs/alims/ imaams quoting:
'Abu Lahab was seen in a dream in a bad state, he was asked what is your condition, i was given water because i freed Thuwayba' (Bukhari)
Therefore no sin is big enough, even he was given water.

It got me thinking about the Surah Al- Lahab and then i further went to verify the hadith, it just didnt make sense to me. Trust i had to search for the hadith through all my books.

SURAH AL-LAHAB (111)
(The Flame)
بِسمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحمٰنِ الرَّحيمِ
1. تَبَّتْ يَدَآ أَبِى لَهَبٍ وَتَبَّ
2. مَآ أَغْنَىٰ عَنْهُ مَالُهُۥ وَمَا كَسَبَ
3. سَيَصْلَىٰ نَارًا ذَاتَ لَهَبٍ
4. وَٱمْرَأَتُهُۥ حَمَّالَةَ ٱلْحَطَبِ
5. فِى جِيدِهَا حَبْلٌ مِّن مَّسَدٍۭ

Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem
Tab bat yadaa abee Lahabinw-wa tabb
Maa aghna 'anhu maaluhu wa ma kasab
Sa yas laa naran zaata lahab
Wam ra-atuh hamma latal-hatab
Fee jeediha hab lum mim-masad

Perish the hands of the Father of Flame! Perish he
No profit to him from all his wealth, and all his gains
Burnt soon will he be in a Fire of Blazing Flame
His wife shall carry the (crackling) wood - As fuel
A twisted rope of palm-leaf fibre round her (own) neck

Narrated Umm Habiba, daughter
of Abü Sufyan: I said, "0 Allah's
Messenger! Marry my sister, the daughter
of Abu Sufyan." The Prophet ; said, "Do
you like that?" I replied, "Yes, for even now
I am not your only wife and I like that my
sister should share the good with me." The
Prophet ; said, "But that is not lawful for
me." I said, "We have heard that you want to
marry the daughter of Abu Salama." He
said, "(You mean) the daughter of Umm
Salama?" I said, "Yes." He said, "Even if
she were not my step-daughter, she would be
unlawful for me to marry as she is my foster
suckling niece. I and AbU Salama were
suckled by Thuwaiba. So you should not
present to me your daughters or your sisters
(in marriage) ."

Narrated 'Urwa: Thuwaiba was the freed
slave girl of Abn Lahab whom he had
manumitted, and then she suckled the
Prophet . When AbU Lahab died, one of
his relatives saw him in a dream in a very bad
state and asked him, "What have you
encountered?" AbU Lahab said, "I have not
found any rest since I left you, except that I
have been given water to drink in this (the
space between his thumb and other fingers)
and that is because of my manumitting
Thuwaiba ."

Please note
This hadith is al-Bukhari book of Nikah Book 67 Hadith 5101
Note the hadith is between Umm Habiba (ra) and the Messenger of Allah (SAW
narrated Urwa is just a description of who Thuwaiba was and not part of the actual hadith
Allah knows best

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
11-05-2015, 09:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ajr
Please note
This hadith is al-Bukhari book of Nikah Book 67 Hadith 5101
Note the hadith is between Umm Habiba (ra) and the Messenger of Allah (SAW
narrated Urwa is just a description of who Thuwaiba was and not part of the actual hadith
Allah knows best
:sl: bro, can you please clarify what you meant, i know how all the thoughts running through the mind when researching can make one lose track of the text one's putting together, especially since i use a phone.

did you mean: the hadith concerning the interaction/conversation.... ..which is said to have been narrated by urwah
what was the actual hadith?

lol you shot off somewhere like a mad scientist engrossed in his papers which are scattered all over the table and floor. :)

ajr
11-05-2015, 09:22 AM
(in marriage) ."
Wa salaam...its a common misconception...the later bit...*narrated Urwa...is a brief description of who Thuwayba was...for the general layman..

Abz2000
11-05-2015, 09:49 AM
oh i think i see, what they should have been saying is that no sincere good deed is rejected?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ajr
11-05-2015, 10:54 AM
Bro are you reading the same post as i am? I started this post off
A while back i came across several sheikhs/alims/ imaams quoting:
'Abu Lahab was seen in a dream in a bad state, he was asked what is your condition, i was given water because i freed Thuwayba' (Bukhari)
Therefore no sin is big enough, even he was given water.
Our scholars are misleading with this, clearly the hadith is
(in marriage) ."

Nikah Book 67 Hadith 5101
As a *footnote* to the hadith
Narrated 'Urwa: Thuwaiba was the freed
slave girl of Abn Lahab whom he had
manumitted, and then she suckled the
Prophet . When AbU Lahab died, one of
his relatives saw him in a dream in a very bad
state and asked him, "What have you
encountered?" AbU Lahab said, "I have not
found any rest since I left you, except that I
have been given water to drink in this (the
space between his thumb and other fingers)
and that is because of my manumitting
Thuwaiba ."
Furthermore, when they quote they just put *(Bukhari)* so as to appease the masses. They are quoting a *footnote* dream as the hadith.

So now lets look at the Surah
Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem
Tab bat yadaa abee Lahabinw-wa tabb
Maa aghna 'anhu maaluhu wa ma kasab
Sa yas laa naran zaata lahab
Wam ra-atuh hamma latal-hatab
Fee jeediha hab lum mim-masad

Perish the hands of the Father of Flame! Perish he
No profit to him from all his wealth, and all his gains
Burnt soon will he be in a Fire of Blazing Flame
His wife shall carry the (crackling) wood - As fuel
A twisted rope of palm-leaf fibre round her (own) neck
This Surah was revealed 7 years before his death, that is, it was not revealed on his deathbed. He along with his wife was staunch enemies of Islam. They were the media tools and their harm extended to large numbers. People are naturally disposed to the good that if they listened to the Quran and the Sunnah, most of them would be guided. Such media men and women falsify the facts and frighten people and draw them away from the way of Allah, thus, they become more dangerous to Da`wah than those lashing people or rulers who imprison the faithful. Accordingly, Allah, Almighty, mentioned Abu-Lahab in a way different to the other insolent disbelievers of Quraish who physically tortured Muslims. His wife hated Islam and Muslims and felt envy towards the Prophet and his companions. She was not content to instruct her son to leave the daughter of the Prophet Muhammad, Ruqaya, as he proposed to her before Islam, but she practiced her role as info-woman by calling the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) Mudhamam as opposite meaning to Muhammad meaning dispraise. She also compiled defamatory poetry reading: "We disapprove Mudhamam, his religion we detested, his instructions we disobeyed"

This post was all about misleading the Ummah...i have showed you the hadith with reference, i have given you Surah...feel free to look it up and verify

Abz2000
11-05-2015, 12:03 PM
lol it's a sis, i thought it was a nerdy bro really engrossed in his studies like uncle quentin from famous five, i do it all the time and the kids know not to come near and shout or disturb once i'm in research mode :)

was it a footnote by the hadith compiler or a secondary mention by 'urawah (ra)?

if it was part of 'urwah's narration and the messenger of Allah pbuh did say it, it can be used as a reference as long as it is in true context with the Quran, for example, you can't take it to mean that sins are not sins, anyway, if Abu Lahab had repented and submitted to Allah, he would have been forgiven since the people of Jonah were forgiven even after the penalty was pronounced, apparently the king of nineveh came down from his throne, took off his expensive robes, wore sackcloth, told the whole nation to follow suit and sanctified a three day fast where they begged Allah's forgiveness. Allah's rule of mercy overcomes His rule of wrath and His promise to forgive the repenters overcomes His threat to punish.
Allah says: 'awfoo bi'ahdee oofi bi'ahdikum.

ajr
11-05-2015, 12:34 PM
i could say instead of 'if' brother why don't you research it yourself and then draw your conclusions. i have conveyed it in the best manner possible, more than that i can't do. However, if you believe that Shirk is not a big sin, like the scholars that misquoted that hadith, then by all means...I did mention that on his death bed, the Surah was clear and even after no mention was made that he or his wife repented and was subsequently forgiven.

Abz2000
11-05-2015, 01:10 PM
what i do know is that sins and good deeds are measured accurately by Allah who's scales are those of just and complete measurement and that sincere repentance, sincerity and submission to the will, rule and law of Allah is a duty upon every human being.

ajr
11-05-2015, 02:08 PM
He is known in the Quran as the Father of flames. Lets look at this from a different stand... lets look at the Prophets SAW other uncle Abu Talib, look at the character of these 2. They were both on clear kufr.

The Difference between the two:
He (Abu Talib) used to protect the Prophet, support him and stand by him. He loved the Prophet dearly, but this love was a natural love, i.e., born of kinship, not a love that was born of the fact that he was the Messenger of Allah . When he was on his deathbed, the Messenger of Allah called him to Faith and to enter Islam, but the decree overtook him and he remained a follower of disbelief, and Allah's is the complete wisdom.

Volume 5, Book 58, Number 223
Narrated by Al-Musaiyab
When Abu Talib was in his death bed, the Prophet went to him while Abu Jahl was sitting beside him. The Prophet said, "O my uncle! Say: None has the right to be worshipped except Allah, an expression I will defend your case with, before Allah." Abu Jahl and 'Abdullah bin Umaya said, "O Abu Talib! Will you leave the religion of 'Abdul Muttalib?" So they kept on saying this to him so that the last statement he said to them (before he died) was: "I am on the religion of 'Abdul Muttalib." Then the Prophet said, " I will keep on asking for Allah's Forgiveness for you unless I am forbidden to do so." Then the following Verse was revealed: "It is not fitting for the Prophet and the believers to ask Allah's Forgiveness for the pagans, even if they were their near relatives, after it has become clear to them that they are the dwellers of the (Hell) Fire." (9.113) The other Verse was also revealed:-- "(O Prophet!) Verily, you guide not whom you like, but Allah guides whom He will ..." (28.56)

Abu Lahab
His real name was Abd al-'Uzza. The Qur’an names him as “Father of Flames” which means “Abu Lahab”. The wife of Abu Lahab was Umm Jamil. Every night, Umm Jamil bunched cockleburs, thorns and thorny branches and knit them together on her neck, threw and spread them on the way of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) so that they would sting on his foot and thus hurt him at night. The surah of Tabbat informed us that Abu Lahab and his wife would die on disbelief

"May the hands of Abu Lahab perish, and indeed he has perished. His wealth and gains will not profit him. He will be plunged in flaming Fire." (Quran 111:1-3)
Concerning Abu Lahab, a fiery opponent of Islam, the Quran foretold he will die opposing the religion of God: “May the hands of Abu Lahab perish, and indeed he has perished. His wealth and gains will not profit him. He will be plunged in flaming Fire." #Quran 111:1-3
Three prophecies were made about Abu Lahab:
1.The conspiracies of Abu Lahab against the Prophet would not succeed.
2.His wealth and children would not benefit him.
3.He would die opposing God’s religion and enter the Fire.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!