/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslim business ideas

strivingobserver98
11-06-2015, 01:20 PM
:sl:

Use this thread to share any business ideas, who knows maybe one day someone might launch it :).

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
TMGuide
11-06-2015, 07:47 PM
The whole point of having a business idea is to hope you launch it yourself :p (Just kidding)

M.I.A.
11-06-2015, 07:52 PM
Shisha tips with filters.

It would be like winning the latry.. But with less casualties.

Honestly got laffed at the last time I mentioned it to someone.

So maybe not.

Is vaping still allowed by ISIS?

strivingobserver98
11-07-2015, 01:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by TMGuide
The whole point of having a business idea is to hope you launch it yourself :p (Just kidding)
Sharing is caring. Keep the best ideas yourself and execute them :D. Do you have any ideas?

format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
Shisha tips with filters.
Brother isn't that already made?

Some ideas
- How about a Squatty potty made for Muslims. This has tremendous health benefits too. http://www.squattypotty.com/unicorn-g/
- A 3D smart TV with Quran, hadith and lectures :D.
- A sound in the car door, so when you open it, it says the travellers dua.
- A massive sweet shop with all halal sweets

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
TMGuide
11-07-2015, 05:14 AM
lool, at the squatty potty for Muslims why cant we use this one?. Where I am from they have their toilets still old school ;D .

TMGuide
11-07-2015, 05:28 AM
As for business idea's I consider myself a Idea generator lol, so here is one I recently wrote down after my mom and dad came back from hajj having had some problems getting lost. Having been to hajj myself, you can get lost so easily so I was thinking that by next hajj if I know anyone going to hajj to make them a survival kit containing things like medicine (everyone gets sick in mina subahnanallah, for men hate to say it but if you have some thighs on you they rub together and can be very uncomfortable so some kind of cream for that though these things are available there I did not like the medicine given to me but wallaahu alam everyone is different), a Hydration PackWater Backpack (you really need to stay hydrated but carrying water bottle is a hassle however this is very light weight and if you add some pockets for phone, passport, money ext this would be perfect), and last thing would be some kind of gps tracker that you can leave in your tent and carry another one with you so that it will lead you back to your tent (it should be easy to use and mostly not an app as it has to be used by elderly as well).

strivingobserver98
11-07-2015, 10:22 AM
lool, at the squatty potty for Muslims why cant we use this one?. Where I am from they have their toilets still old school ;D .
Problem with squatty potty is it's far too expensive. Back home in Bangladesh the old school ones are dirt cheap. Squatty potty is only a bit of plastic so shouldn't be that expensive to make and distribute widely amongst Muslim countries.

Scimitar
11-07-2015, 11:28 AM
When Muslims can't even use inventions made for everyone regardless of religious affiliation, I start to wonder if such "inventions for Muslims" will actually live up to expectations :D

having said that, I'd like more Muslim menswear to look less uniform and more, interesting. Thowb styling is kinda dated and needs some reviving. And stay the heck away from that G-star type thowby nonsense, makes Muslims look like compromised fools when they dress like gangster Muslims lol.

Scimi

TMGuide
11-07-2015, 10:35 PM
The reason why they are expensive is because no one else makes them from what I can tell, and if you want to distribute it all over the Muslim world the problem would be that the old school toilets are cheap like you said and in order to use this plastic thing you would want all of them ppl to install regular toilets. Its kinda long if you ask me, but wallaahu alam

TMGuide
11-07-2015, 10:42 PM
Yh, its rare to see a "muslim invention" that has lived to the expectations reasons are many but what stands out is the lack of market research everyone kinda assumes Muslims will use the product if it "solves" a problem but if your competing with something cheap that's solving my problem already than its hard to compete. The other issue is integrating into other markets lets say your main customers are Muslims but you sell products many people can use, how do you enter that bigger market?

M.I.A.
11-07-2015, 11:27 PM
....must confess i cant use the squat loo.

as in its an impossible task.

the last time i used one i lost my ecig.

i only wish i was joking.

it fell and i was like nooo and then it slid all the way down the hole.

im not sure what the next guy must have thought.

then i got told of for using too much water while making wudu.

finally went to join jumma prayer.

true story.

maybe you should invent a plastic potty for using over squat toilets.

fantastic.

TMGuide
11-08-2015, 10:49 PM
....must confess i cant use the squat loo.

as in its an impossible task.

the last time i used one i lost my ecig.

i only wish i was joking.

it fell and i was like nooo and then it slid all the way down the hole.

im not sure what the next guy must have thought.

then i got told of for using too much water while making wudu.

finally went to join jumma prayer.

true story.

maybe you should invent a plastic potty for using over squat toilets.

fantastic.

I dropped my phone in one of those toilets while in Saudi and Yemen! :exhausted in one of those instances I had to go in there and get it out #pukes

TMGuide
11-08-2015, 10:51 PM
Which business sector do you use a Muslim owned business? For me its halal meat so butchers and restaurants.

strivingobserver98
11-08-2015, 11:01 PM
Which business sector do you use a Muslim owned business? For me its halal meat so butchers and restaurants.
- Perfume and fragrance
- Clothing (Many nice dawah T shirts these days :D)
- Travelling Hajj/Umrah (Muslim operator of course)
- Graphic designers
- Web hosting
- Learning institutions eg. Arabic, Islamic courses

Alhamdulilah Muslim owned businesses are growing. Some brothers started off selling attar on the streets, now they own many shops.

We might soon see people using airlines which are Muslim owned too :). http://www.islamicboard.com/business...s-airways.html

M.I.A.
11-08-2015, 11:16 PM
I dropped my phone in one of those toilets while in Saudi and Yemen! :exhausted in one of those instances I had to go in there and get it out #pukes
Ah what you needed was one of those cords that easily attaches your phone to the inside of the pocket or jacket.

Maybe in a snazzy colour if your hip.

Like a bungy cord that gives you a feeling.

A pocket watch it ain't.

Multipurpose attaches to your wallet aswell... Fantastic.

How bout a phone cover or app that gives a ringtone when you wistle...

It's a little late now but hopefully you have a new phone.

I know that feel, no laughing matter

strivingobserver98
11-08-2015, 11:23 PM
Ah what you needed was one of those cords that easily attaches your phone to the inside of the pocket or jacket.
I feel that idea would be unnecessary. Why not just put your phone in a zip pocket? Problem solved.

M.I.A.
11-08-2015, 11:31 PM
Your right and also whistling is not good.

Back to the drawing board.

strivingobserver98
11-09-2015, 04:59 AM
Great idea for uni/college students here :), already launched.

University of Regina installs special foot sinks for Muslim students

Just recently, the University of Regina, in co-operation with the Muslim Students Association (URMSA) and UR International, purchased four specialized sinks for $35,000 to help accommodate Muslim students. The sinks sit low to the ground, and have a small stool built in so it’s much easier to clean the feet and the water doesn’t spread around all over the floor.

Two bathrooms house the sinks including men’s bathroom and one women’s bathroom. They both sit close to prayer room on the upper floor of the Riddell centre where many of the 800 Muslim students at the university go to pray.

President of the (URMSA) Mhmod Essalah said the university has always been accommodating to Muslim students and he is happy to study in a place where he feels at home.

“It’s a beautiful thing, the fact that we can have a place to pray, a place to practice without any judgement or anything like that,” he said.

http://ckom.com/article/187774/unive...uslim-students

TMGuide
11-09-2015, 05:13 AM
[QUOTE=فرحان;2860330]

That's awesome mashaa allah. I love it. Its expensive to make though!! Now if you can make it smaller (fold-able or something), cheaper, and make it so the average person can use and afford it would be, cool. This would be great for my nan to be honest.

TMGuide
11-09-2015, 05:18 AM
[QUOTE=فرحان;2860295]- Perfume and fragrance
- Clothing (Many nice dawah T shirts these days :D)
- Travelling Hajj/Umrah (Muslim operator of course)
- Graphic designers
- Web hosting
- Learning institutions eg. Arabic, Islamic courses

Alhamdulilah Muslim owned businesses are growing. Some brothers started off selling attar on the streets, now they own many shops.

We might soon see people using airlines which are Muslim owned too :).

yeah, I forgot about Islamic clothes.
I am interested to try Halal holidays, inshaa allaah sounds interesting and accommodating.

Mashaa allah, that airline would be great. Most airlines in America have become horrible to be honest, they are really afraid of the new competition from the middle eastern companies hopefully that will wake them up, and give us better services.

TMGuide
11-09-2015, 05:27 AM
Another idea I have is an a 'sisterhood' app to connect sisters from a certain area together. They can meet up at a certain place, let each other know if there is a sick person in their local area that they can go visit. Just something where sisters meet for Allaah sake only. So the way it would work is to just say the time and place and reason and the other person rsvp's and you can meet up. This can be for a beneficial talk, a fund raising ext.

For the brothers it would work the same, lets say you live in a neighbourhood that has not got many masaajids and you live in the city center and you know many brothers work in that area you can open your home for them and again you write the time the jaamacah starts ext and brothers can rsvp because they know they will be closer to that house rather than a masjid. pray together than go about their business again.

strivingobserver98
11-09-2015, 05:34 AM
Another idea I have is an a 'sisterhood' app to connect sisters from a certain area together. They can meet up at a certain place, let each other know if there is a sick person in their local area that they can go visit. Just something where sisters meet for Allaah sake only. So the way it would work is to just say the time and place and reason and the other person rsvp's and you can meet up. This can be for a beneficial talk, a fund raising ext.

For the brothers it would work the same, lets say you live in a neighbourhood that has not got many masaajids and you live in the city center and you know many brothers work in that area you can open your home for them and again you write the time the jaamacah starts ext and brothers can rsvp because they know they will be closer to that house rather than a masjid. pray together than go about their business again.
Wow this is a excellent idea! :jz:

I may consider this launching my self in future :ia:.

For the naming I would recommend "AkhiHood" and "UkhtiHood", and would be 2 separate apps :). Or we can do one app but with separate sections for brothers and sisters.

I can just about imagine it. With one swipe on an Islamic event, I can meet up with 5 of the brothers who are also going there. Great way to meet up people too.

TMGuide
11-09-2015, 05:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان
Wow this is a excellent idea! :jz:

I may consider this launching my self in future :ia:.

For the naming I would recommend "AkhiHood" and "UkhtiHood", and would be 2 separate apps :). Or we can do one app but with separate sections for brothers and sisters.

I can just about imagine it. With one swipe on an Islamic event, I can meet up with 5 of the brothers who are also going there. Great way to meet up people too.
Exactly, glad you like it. It has great potential because it's hard meeting new Muslim friends now days, especially for the sake of Allah. What a better way to meet someone and leave someone right?

lol, the name is ace! keep it combined most likely.

I told y'all I was an idea generator! alhamdulilah :nervous: I suggest you give me some equity to keep me in the game :p and continue to generate ideas

strivingobserver98
11-09-2015, 11:00 PM
Exactly, glad you like it. It has great potential because it's hard meeting new Muslim friends now days, especially for the sake of Allah. What a better way to meet someone and leave someone right?

lol, the name is ace! keep it combined most likely.

I told y'all I was an idea generator! alhamdulilah :nervous: I suggest you give me some equity to keep me in the game :p and continue to generate ideas
Another idea I got from another thread :).

thread is giving me ideas on potential cartoons they can watch inshaa allaah
Big gap for Muslim cartoons and programmes for Muslim children.

That got me thinking too about Muslim childrens books, which is another idea :).

TMGuide
11-09-2015, 11:58 PM
Another idea I got from another thread :).

Big gap for Muslim cartoons and programmes for Muslim children.

That got me thinking too about Muslim children books, which is another idea :).
That one is huge actually, I am always hunting for books and toys that can help enhance in Islamic education. The selection is really limited, like I hate dolls and anything with eyes and qadarallah you can't even find a pack of diapers without a picture on it. I am a believer in allowing kids to use their own imagination and for dolls and toys not to have faces really help with that.

I used to use this baby projector mobile, it had some white noise, songs and the projector would show them sheep on the ceiling, to help babies fall asleep. I always thought how cool would this gadget be if I could switch on nasheed or quran instead of children songs. and now they are older that projector could have some Arabic alphabet on it or the dua to go to sleep that rotates on the ceiling. :cry: really wish that was on the market to be honest.

*charisma*
11-11-2015, 09:17 AM
Assalamu Alaikum,

I ALWAYS have ingenious ideas, but..i gots no monies :( what do I do?? lol

Physicist
11-11-2015, 10:06 AM
This is great to fulfill market with muslim-oriented goods.
But from the strategical point of view, i'm more concerned about overall technological gap and dependence of muslim countries on raw-material export.
Creation of own full technological cycle industries will take a while and require a vast investitions but will lead to sustainable, more eco-friendly and cost-effective industries i think.

strivingobserver98
11-11-2015, 12:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum,

:wa:

Tell us what your ideas are or what industry it's in, how you plan to sell it and then we can discuss how to launch it :ia: :).

Popular misconception and barrier from people doing business is that you need loads and loads of money.

Nowadays you can start a business with $0 easily. Before the internet yes to buy brick and mortar businesses eg, restaurant, shops etc you needed money. Or you had to sell in the streets. Now it has become much easier, you can just sit on your bed with a laptop. There are many ways of entries.

If you look at successful entrepreneurs, what they done to get there and where they are now. Most of them started out with very less money. For example Alan Sugar was selling car aerials from the back of his van, he only brought that for... £50! :hiding:. Now he has a net worth of £1.4 billion. One of my friends started out on the street selling attar with £400 at his disposal, now he has successful perfume and attar stores all over the UK.

To have a successful business it's not necessary to have a fancy dragons den pitch, a £250,000 angel investment or loan. Whatever situation your in now no problem, you can start now. Create a great solution to a problem, or a need within the marketplace and add value to peoples lives. Don't start thinking about monies, take this example of a cat. If you want to get the cat to sit on your lap, find what the cat likes, put a portion of sardine next to you and he will come sit down eventually :).

See the advice on this video below regarding loans. Most loans contain Riba anyway, so best to avoid them.

May Allah make us successful Muslim entrepreneurs, bless our businesses and increase our risq. Ameen.

TMGuide
11-12-2015, 12:32 AM
Assalamu Alaikum,

Its important to be creative enough to start without anything. First proof your concept than you will find investors inshaa allah because once everyone knows that there is a market for the produc0/t service they will invest.

*charisma*
11-12-2015, 07:24 AM
Assalamu Alaikum,

Ok so in KSA while traveling over 13 hours on the road to my in-laws place, it was very difficult to find bathrooms. They'd have bathrooms at the gas stations and near the masjids, but they were always really gross and me being all germophobic would refuse to use them lol, I swear I was so desperate for a CLEAN bathroom that I would have been willing to pay for it. When I went to Istanbul, I noticed that there was one particular bathroom in the tourist area in which people had to pay to use. I thought that would be a great idea to have on some roads in KSA. The issue is that some of these roads are in the middle of no where so I wouldn't even know how I would get workers all the way out there and stay there, and how I would monitor the cleanliness of these bathrooms when they're so far away from where I live as well. ANd no idea how i'd make money out of it unless it was a self-serve thing..So I though if it were somehow a self cleaning bathroom that would be better.

Oh yeah, and I don't have any money to start something like this lol but obviously I'm really passionate about clean bathrooms :D:D I'm thinking to start a home business by selling home cooked food to help me get started..plus of course a full time job.

Physicist
11-12-2015, 08:59 AM
ANd no idea how i'd make money out of it unless it was a self-serve thing..So I though if it were somehow a self cleaning bathroom that would be better.
What if you'll make a portable bathroom? Like a camping, plastic cabin, to install inside that dirty rooms, connect to their water cranes, go inside, take a bath, go out, disconnect and pack your cabin.
Made one for yourself, then start selling out ;)

strivingobserver98
11-12-2015, 12:53 PM
Assalamu Alaikum,

Ok so in KSA while traveling over 13 hours on the road to my in-laws place, it was very difficult to find bathrooms. They'd have bathrooms at the gas stations and near the masjids, but they were always really gross and me being all germophobic would refuse to use them lol, I swear I was so desperate for a CLEAN bathroom that I would have been willing to pay for it. When I went to Istanbul, I noticed that there was one particular bathroom in the tourist area in which people had to pay to use. I thought that would be a great idea to have on some roads in KSA. The issue is that some of these roads are in the middle of no where so I wouldn't even know how I would get workers all the way out there and stay there, and how I would monitor the cleanliness of these bathrooms when they're so far away from where I live as well. ANd no idea how i'd make money out of it unless it was a self-serve thing..So I though if it were somehow a self cleaning bathroom that would be better.

Oh yeah, and I don't have any money to start something like this lol but obviously I'm really passionate about clean bathrooms :D:D I'm thinking to start a home business by selling home cooked food to help me get started..plus of course a full time job.

Oo yeah, looks like very complicated idea. By self cleaning bathroom do you mean just the toilet or the whole bathroom itself?

No idea how the bathroom will clean itself unless you have a team of scientists with special chemicals, kinda like this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4696434.stm

Check out these self cleaning toilet products :O. Pretty neat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us5MMi_rguA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9nsE-YXCMs

The only viable way I can see to turn this into a business, is run a cleaning company. Or maybe a niche cleaning company, with a team of people that only clean bathrooms :skeleton:. To start with £0, grab sponge and liquid from your kitchen and start finding customers in your neighbourhood with dirty bathrooms :D.

Interesting home business idea :). Have you thought what your going to sell, potential customers etc. What you are going to cook?

*charisma*
11-12-2015, 09:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Physicist
What if you'll make a portable bathroom? Like a camping, plastic cabin, to install inside that dirty rooms, connect to their water cranes, go inside, take a bath, go out, disconnect and pack your cabin.
Made one for yourself, then start selling out ;)
Cuz I will not go into the dirty bathrooms at all let alone set up or touch anything in there lool +o(

Oo yeah, looks like very complicated idea. By self cleaning bathroom do you mean just the toilet or the whole bathroom itself?

No idea how the bathroom will clean itself unless you have a team of scientists with special chemicals, kinda like this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4696434.stm

Check out these self cleaning toilet products :O. Pretty neat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us5MMi_rguA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9nsE-YXCMs

The only viable way I can see to turn this into a business, is run a cleaning company. Or maybe a niche cleaning company, with a team of people that only clean bathrooms :skeleton:. To start with £0, grab sponge and liquid from your kitchen and start finding customers in your neighbourhood with dirty bathrooms :D.

Interesting home business idea :). Have you thought what your going to sell, potential customers etc. What you are going to cook?
Those are interesting bathrooms..but I think they'd be reallllly expensive! i just realized what if I got ownership of the bathrooms at the gas stations and then went from there..I think that'd be easier, but not sure if it's possible to own just the bathrooms ;D

In regards to the food business.. My hubby's friends come over all the time and whenever I cook they eat it all mashallah..they always want my recipes or they will even ask my husband if he will invite them over again. We live near this desert resting area where the guys and families go to chill during the cooler seasons, building a fire and buying food from people selling such as corn, tea, coffee, etc. And so I thought it would be cool to sell my food there too. The food I cook is different than what KSA people are used to. I thought to start an instagram account and post the foods there as well as location of where it will be sold..maybe i will get a following :D inshallah

TMGuide
11-12-2015, 11:45 PM
Assalamu Alaikum,

I have seen the bathrooms you are talking about, but they are usually in the busy touristic area's not in the middle of nowhere.

I personally would'nt mind a product that is portable/ light/small (fits in handbag) that I can place onto the toilet so that 'I' wouldn't have to touch the toilet. They make them for kids when they are being potty trained lol.

strivingobserver98
11-14-2015, 05:20 PM
In regards to the food business.. My hubby's friends come over all the time and whenever I cook they eat it all mashallah..they always want my recipes or they will even ask my husband if he will invite them over again. We live near this desert resting area where the guys and families go to chill during the cooler seasons, building a fire and buying food from people selling such as corn, tea, coffee, etc. And so I thought it would be cool to sell my food there too. The food I cook is different than what KSA people are used to. I thought to start an instagram account and post the foods there as well as location of where it will be sold..maybe i will get a following :D inshallah
Yeah masha Allah thats good idea to have Instagram account. You can build up a following by providing useful tips, food pics and helping people.

Make sure your food is the best in your area. Better then all the restaurants and food establishments. Build a solid reputation for best quality food and recipes. If your out of inspiration you can always visit Sister Herbs IB kitchen club for recipe ideas :D.

This is a good start, it will make you a living. But it won't make you a multi million pound empire, unless you think to make it into a global brand with many staff working for you. And decide on different system to sell them. But if you decide to just do it yourself, yeah it will be a bit of fun and money on the side :).

strivingobserver98
11-14-2015, 05:27 PM
I personally would'nt mind a product that is portable/ light/small (fits in handbag) that I can place onto the toilet so that 'I' wouldn't have to touch the toilet. They make them for kids when they are being potty trained lol.
Interesting lol. But won't it get germs when using it, because it's touching the actual toilet? Then you put it in your handbag. So a hygiene issue there :hiding:.

Have you seen the Wudu Snood? A thing to wear over your head, supposed to look cool and dries you after wudu. I don't personally like the product myself.

Continuation from your idea, maybe there could be a small portable towel that fits in your handbag used to dry you off after wudu. In public washrooms you only have the option of toilet tissue and hand dryer. But no better alternative to dry yourself.

Tagline: Don't get voodoo after wudu ;D. Only joking, avoid that tagline at all costs :hiding:.

Leoprecordia
11-14-2015, 06:27 PM
This isn't an original idea but it is something I feel the Muslim community in the west needs more of. I just recently moved to another state and since the Islamic community here is absolutely massive (probably second largest in the U.S.), I wanted to offer easily affordable self-defense lessons. If offering it free was a better option, I would because my heart's not in it for the money, but charging some kind of a fee helps to separate the people who are and aren't willing to take it seriously. Moreover, I've been trying to launch my own regular self-defense/traditional martial arts classes outside of the Islamic community so, insha'Allah, if I have luck with the Muslim community, people who are more comfortable could always switch over to the full classes.

My only worry is that because I'm close to D.C. and near every single government agency headquarters, I don't want to draw the wrong attention or risk being labeled as someone training Muslims to be violent. I have a wife and daughter to care for so I'm forced to think about the repercussions of every one of my actions.

Any opinions are appreciated.

TMGuide
11-14-2015, 10:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Leoprecordia
This isn't an original idea but it is something I feel the Muslim community in the west needs more of. I just recently moved to another state and since the Islamic community here is absolutely massive (probably second largest in the U.S.), I wanted to offer easily affordable self-defense lessons. If offering it free was a better option, I would because my heart's not in it for the money, but charging some kind of a fee helps to separate the people who are and aren't willing to take it seriously. Moreover, I've been trying to launch my own regular self-defense/traditional martial arts classes outside of the Islamic community so, insha'Allah, if I have luck with the Muslim community, people who are more comfortable could always switch over to the full classes.

My only worry is that because I'm close to D.C. and near every single government agency headquarters, I don't want to draw the wrong attention or risk being labeled as someone training Muslims to be violent. I have a wife and daughter to care for so I'm forced to think about the repercussions of every one of my actions.

Any opinions are appreciated.
I can understand why your concerned and you have a legitimate reason though I would say lets not be scared and do something for our communities its easier said than done. Maybe the best way to avoid it would be to not only offer it to muslim's but to open your doors to everyone charge a reasonable fee and have programs that allow families who can't afford the classes to be allowed to join for free.

TMGuide
11-14-2015, 11:20 PM
Another business Idea (got from a different thread) A healthy eating book with recipes which is based on the prophets (sallaamu alaikhi wasalams) life style of eating and drinking. It can include fasting two times a week, and including as many of the foods the prophet ate. I am sure there is a hikmah (wisdom) behind how the prophet ate inshaa allah its just compiling it, researching it and putting it with recipes inshaa allah.

Leoprecordia
11-15-2015, 08:22 PM
I can understand why your concerned and you have a legitimate reason though I would say lets not be scared and do something for our communities its easier said than done. Maybe the best way to avoid it would be to not only offer it to muslim's but to open your doors to everyone charge a reasonable fee and have programs that allow families who can't afford the classes to be allowed to join for free.
Thank you for the reply! I apologize if I didn't clarify it clearly. I'm currently in the process of trying to launch my own regular classes which will be open to everyone. I'm certified to instruct this particular art through an organization based out of Japan, so I wouldn't even be allowed to teach it only to one ethnic group even if I wanted, but insha'Allah once that's up and going, that's when I'd like to reach out to the Muslim community. I think it's a wonderful idea about the families who can't afford, but it would be tough to keep that on the down-low from the paying students.

strivingobserver98
11-16-2015, 12:05 AM
Thank you for the reply! I apologize if I didn't clarify it clearly. I'm currently in the process of trying to launch my own regular classes which will be open to everyone. I'm certified to instruct this particular art through an organization based out of Japan, so I wouldn't even be allowed to teach it only to one ethnic group even if I wanted, but insha'Allah once that's up and going, that's when I'd like to reach out to the Muslim community. I think it's a wonderful idea about the families who can't afford, but it would be tough to keep that on the down-low from the paying students.
Wow exciting idea! Will you have to rent or buy your own place to do the classes? Will the running costs be high? When do you plan to launch this?

TMGuide
11-16-2015, 12:09 AM
I am sure the paying students would understand that those families wouldn't be able to afford it without the help. Maybe you can even start a 'scholarship' program where you allow any student to apply that way they know that your are giving them a chance too.

Leoprecordia
11-16-2015, 01:08 AM
I am sure the paying students would understand that those families wouldn't be able to afford it without the help. Maybe you can even start a 'scholarship' program where you allow any student to apply that way they know that your are giving them a chance too.
Bingo! That's an incredible idea! Thanks for your advice, sister. Much appreciated.

TMGuide
11-16-2015, 05:09 AM
Bingo! That's an incredible idea! Thanks for your advice, sister. Much appreciated.
Alhamdulilah, glad you liked the idea. Inshaa allah you will find much success in your new venture, May Allah bless you.

strivingobserver98
11-17-2015, 09:38 PM
- Beard waxing oils, hair combs, and shampoos to help the akhis maintain the beard :).

- Hidden zip near the mouth of niqab piece. Helps sisters eat food while wearing niqab ;).

- Random gift box. A website where you pay monthly and it sends you a random gift box full of Islamic things every month.

- Halal scanner. A iPhone app where it scans the barcode of products and tells you whether its halal or haram ;D.

- An app which automatically silents or turns off your phone when you enter any masjid. Should solve the phone ringing problem :O. The app will use location, and when it detects your in the masjid location it will turn on it's features.

Leoprecordia
11-24-2015, 09:07 PM
Wow exciting idea! Will you have to rent or buy your own place to do the classes? Will the running costs be high? When do you plan to launch this?
So sorry, just noticed your post! I have a tendency to scroll pretty fast. I'm just looking to rent a space for now. Insha'Allah if I get several students in time, I'd be more than happy to invest in buying my own place. If it's just renting, you only have to worry about rental costs which allows you more time to focus on just teaching. If you buy a place, there's a lot more headache that comes with managing it, but certainly has many more benefits as well. Depending on what path you want to take, it can be either super cheap or super expensive. Insha'Allah I'd like to launch it immediately. I've already been in the process for a month now.

TMGuide
11-25-2015, 12:16 AM
Leoprecordia Are you qualified and allowed to give the certification to someone else who you teach?

If you are you can inshaa allah scale your idea bigger by 'franchising' your brand, I really think its something brothers who want self employment and freedom can take advantage of. Especially if like you said you want it to be beneficial for the Muslim communities, it would require allot of work but inshaa allah you will be able to help many more families.

TMGuide
11-25-2015, 12:18 AM
- Beard waxing oils, hair combs, and shampoos to help the akhis maintain the beard :).

- Hidden zip near the mouth of niqab piece. Helps sisters eat food while wearing niqab ;).

- Random gift box. A website where you pay monthly and it sends you a random gift box full of Islamic things every month.

- Halal scanner. A iPhone app where it scans the barcode of products and tells you whether its halal or haram ;D.

- An app which automatically silents or turns off your phone when you enter any masjid. Should solve the phone ringing problem :O. The app will use location, and when it detects your in the masjid location it will turn on it's features.
That would be awesome actually.
You can combine the subscription box idea with your men grooming products and send out monthly products to men :D

strivingobserver98
11-25-2015, 06:08 PM
That would be awesome actually.
You can combine the subscription box idea with your men grooming products and send out monthly products to men :D
Yeah another awesome idea :D. Since your a sister, do you have any ideas related to sisters? So far thought of the Niqab one.

PS: I have an idea which I haven't mentioned in this thread, but nearly in progress of launching it. I'll PM you details :).

TMGuide
11-26-2015, 05:39 AM
Yeah another awesome idea :D. Since your a sister, do you have any ideas related to sisters? So far thought of the Niqab one.

PS: I have an idea which I haven't mentioned in this thread, but nearly in progress of launching it. I'll PM you details :).
How exciting, yes inshaa allah do pm me. :statisfie

I do like the niqaab one, its on the market already though. As funny as that might be lol.

strivingobserver98
11-26-2015, 05:29 PM
More ideas xD.

- Muslim babysitting and child care services. You'll know your children are in good hands by Muslims :).

- Halal take out, quality halal food which is homemade. Something like Sis @*charisma* is doing.

- Coaching and mentoring. This is already being done by many Muslims masha Allah :D.

- Event management. Organising big events like Eid, making a Muslim family fun day you could make into a business too.

misshijabi
12-05-2015, 11:27 PM
I think that one already exists. A friend of mine was telling me about an app that does exactly that. Forgot the name though.

Islamic gaming apps would be nice to have. Where kids can learn islamic concepts through games.

strivingobserver98
12-05-2015, 11:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by misshijabi
Islamic gaming apps would be nice to have. Where kids can learn islamic concepts through games.
Yeah we need lot more of them.

The only Islamic games I could find online were:
http://www.islamicplayground.com/Scripts/default.asp
http://www.islamicnet.com/quran-kids-games.htm

Not only apps, but there should be Muslim games like on maybe mainstream consoles like PS4, Xbox etc which are educational in Deen.

strivingobserver98
12-30-2015, 10:59 PM
I love this idea! Really creative.

There should be one made specifically for cars :).

strivingobserver98
01-12-2016, 11:58 PM
Saw this on the Imaan Boosting reminders thread. Has anyone made this yet? Lovely idea ^.^.

strivingobserver98
01-24-2016, 03:20 PM
This is an amazing concept :ma:.

ReboundMuslimah
01-24-2016, 09:40 PM
Starting my own business has been something I wanted to do for awhile now- but the thing is I have no money! The products to make the shirts are around $600.i wanted to make Dawah shirts but I guess that dream is out the door:(

TMGuide
01-24-2016, 11:59 PM
Masha aallah sis don't give up just yet! You can solve this problem by maybe designing the shirts and using drop shippers like printaura. They print and ship it off to your customers but you don't need an initial investment and all you do is concentrate on your designs, website and marketing. You will only pay them when you sell in which case this is a great starting option until you save money. After that you can buy your machinery and inshaa allah do everything yourself.

There are many drop shippers, inshaa allah google them and compare them all and start that your business inshaa allah. :D

ReboundMuslimah
01-25-2016, 01:23 AM
Masha aallah sis don't give up just yet! You can solve this problem by maybe designing the shirts and using drop shippers like printaura. They print and ship it off to your customers but you don't need an initial investment and all you do is concentrate on your designs, website and marketing. You will only pay them when you sell in which case this is a great starting option until you save money. After that you can buy your machinery and inshaa allah do everything yourself.

There are many drop shippers, inshaa allah google them and compare them all and start that your business inshaa allah. :D

Thanks sis I just checked them out and I love the idea. I have a question though: how would I make the designs?

cinnamonrolls1
11-21-2017, 07:11 PM
Ooh heres one- how about starting like a muslim youth group thing and do like trips and stuff, or coaching sports, eg an all girls team (if you're a woman of course!)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.