/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Mercy and Grace of God

popsthebuilder
11-07-2015, 02:30 AM
I'm not sure if this is in the right spot

What are opinions(preferably referenced with Qur'an) on mercy from God in light of direction or guidance previously and continually given by God? In other words; does one have multiple chances or pardons under God to finally be lead by God?
Is mercy without end? Is it based on outwardly righteous, selfless deeds? If one doesn't turn from sin after being shown the right path, surly God has the power and authority to show mercy on them, but would he, and how many times.

Thank you.
All praise is to God.
Peace.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
syed_z
11-07-2015, 05:24 AM
Asalaam O Alaikum....

Jazak Allah for this thread brother...we really needed this....

Surah Az Zumar

(39:53) Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful."

(39:54) And return [in repentance] to your Lord and submit to Him before the punishment (death and resurrection) comes upon you; then you will not be helped.

Despairing yourselves and making the sinners or deniers of truth (Kafirs) despair of the Mercy of Allah (swt) is a great sin.... we need to be extremely careful when we declare non Muslims as going to hellfire. By our words and actions and giving fatwas they will turn away from Allah (swt) and we will become a cause of their turning away, this way we will loose Allah's mercy.... :(

This is a Hadith Qudsi (The words are God's but they are not in the Quran, they're narrated by the Messenger of Allah (saw). They hold great significance after the Quran)

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (PBUH), from among the things he reports from his Lord (mighty and sublime be He), is that he said:

A servant [of Allah's] committed a sin and said: O Allah, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them. Then he sinned again and said: O Lord, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them. Then he sinned again and said: O Lord, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for sins. Do what you wish, for I have forgiven you.

It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari).

The above explains quite well that the Mercy of Allah (swt) is continuous and Forgiveness of His is continuous as long as he/she repent before their death regardless of whatever sins they may have committed... or however many times they had committed...

...But the condition is that they have to repent before their death. If they do it right at the moment of their death then there is no Forgiveness and Mercy....

Surah An Nisa

(4:18) "repentance shall not be accepted from those who do evil deeds until their dying hour, and then say, 'Behold I now repent'; nor from those who die as deniers of the truth."....

popsthebuilder
11-07-2015, 05:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syed_z
Asalaam O Alaikum....

Jazak Allah for this thread brother...we really needed this....

Surah Az Zumar

(39:53) Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful."

(39:54) And return [in repentance] to your Lord and submit to Him before the punishment (death and resurrection) comes upon you; then you will not be helped.

Despairing yourselves and making the sinners or deniers of truth (Kafirs) despair of the Mercy of Allah (swt) is a great sin.... we need to be extremely careful when we declare non Muslims as going to hellfire. By our words and actions and giving fatwas they will turn away from Allah (swt) and we will become a cause of their turning away, this way we will loose Allah's mercy.... :(

This is a Hadith Qudsi (The words are God's but they are not in the Quran, they're narrated by the Messenger of Allah (saw). They hold great significance after the Quran)

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (PBUH), from among the things he reports from his Lord (mighty and sublime be He), is that he said:

A servant [of Allah's] committed a sin and said: O Allah, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them. Then he sinned again and said: O Lord, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for them. Then he sinned again and said: O Lord, forgive me my sin. And He (glorified and exalted be He) said: My servant has committed a sin and has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for sins. Do what you wish, for I have forgiven you.

It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari).

The above explains quite well that the Mercy of Allah (swt) is continuous and Forgiveness of His is continuous as long as he/she repent before their death regardless of whatever sins they may have committed... or however many times they had committed...

...But the condition is that they have to repent before their death. If they do it right at the moment of their death then there is no Forgiveness and Mercy....

Surah An Nisa

(4:18) "repentance shall not be accepted from those who do evil deeds until their dying hour, and then say, 'Behold I now repent'; nor from those who die as deniers of the truth."....
That last bit is from the Quran right.

I'm sorry but that completely contradicts what is said in the previous section.

You state that if one repents right before death then they are forgiven. The last part of your post expressly states that one who waits until they rest upon the threshold of death to ask forgiveness will not be heard because they have no choice but to not sin.

Okay. Say someone knows of something that is pertinent to there particular existence in significance and direction under God, and that thing is contingent upon their utter lack of sin. If that person neglects said duty are they not ****ed to hellfire? As far as I can tell, they are the greatest of sinners with the worst punishment prepared for them. So in light of all this, to what extent is God's mercy?

Thank you.
Peace
All praise is to God alone.

syed_z
11-07-2015, 01:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by popsthebuilder
That last bit is from the Quran right.

I'm sorry but that completely contradicts what is said in the previous section.

You state that if one repents right before death then they are forgiven. The last part of your post expressly states that one who waits until they rest upon the threshold of death to ask forgiveness will not be heard because they have no choice but to not sin.

Peace be with you brother. Sorry if I confused you... :)

According to the Quran it is said, that if they repent before they are going to die, whether in 20 or 50 years, then they still have a chance to be saved from punishment in the hereafter. But if they do it right at the moment when they're going to breathe their last, then they will be in trouble.

Its pretty simple If you read it and try understanding. I'll give you an example, so If a person is 20 years old, a disbeliever and/or a great sinner and that he or she will die at the age of 60, then they still have chance to repent before their lives ends in 40 years. If they continue to make repentance and revert back to their old ways and then repent and revert, then they will have their chance until their dieing hour and we cannot predict that they are doomed for the Hell Fire as its between that person and Allah (swt) as Allah does forgive all sins.... That's why it is advised in Islam to hate the deeds not the doers.

Allah (swt) says in the Quran is Surah Nisa

Verse 28... man has been created weak...

The One Who created man knows this, so He does give him plenty of chance so the person is saved from the fire. According to the Quran and Teachings of our Beloved Messenger (Saw), God's aim is to save mankind and NOT punish them, have Mercy and Forgive them not see them destroy themselves.

Okay. Say someone knows of something that is pertinent to there particular existence in significance and direction under God, and that thing is contingent upon their utter lack of sin. If that person neglects said duty are they not ****ed to hellfire? As far as I can tell, they are the greatest of sinners with the worst punishment prepared for them. So in light of all this, to what extent is God's mercy?
thanks for asking the question, I didn't quite get that. Can you explain your question again brother?

Salaam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
popsthebuilder
11-07-2015, 03:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syed_z
Peace be with you brother. Sorry if I confused you... :)

According to the Quran it is said, that if they repent before they are going to die, whether in 20 or 50 years, then they still have a chance to be saved from punishment in the hereafter. But if they do it right at the moment when they're going to breathe their last, then they will be in trouble.

Its pretty simple If you read it and try understanding. I'll give you an example, so If a person is 20 years old, a disbeliever and/or a great sinner and that he or she will die at the age of 60, then they still have chance to repent before their lives ends in 40 years. If they continue to make repentance and revert back to their old ways and then repent and revert, then they will have their chance until their dieing hour and we cannot predict that they are doomed for the Hell Fire as its between that person and Allah (swt) as Allah does forgive all sins.... That's why it is advised in Islam to hate the deeds not the doers.

Allah (swt) says in the Quran is Surah Nisa

Verse 28... man has been created weak...

The One Who created man knows this, so He does give him plenty of chance so the person is saved from the fire. According to the Quran and Teachings of our Beloved Messenger (Saw), God's aim is to save mankind and NOT punish them, have Mercy and Forgive them not see them destroy themselves.

thanks for asking the question, I didn't quite get that. Can you explain your question again brother?

Salaam
Say one is not a huge sinner per say. Say they had found direction under God some years ago. Say they have potential at some level to have significance to man in reference to their direction under God, yet it is contingent upon their utter and whole submission under God. They know this to some degree, yet repeatedly falter and stumble seemingly recklessly along God's chosen path. How oft will our merciful God show mercy in light of a possible elect neglecting his duty?

Respectfully,

Peace.

All praise is God's, the merciful, all knowing, Creator

syed_z
11-08-2015, 06:11 AM
Say one is not a huge sinner per say. Say they had found direction under God some years ago. Say they have potential at some level to have significance to man in reference to their direction under God, yet it is contingent upon their utter and whole submission under God. They know this to some degree, yet repeatedly falter and stumble seemingly recklessly along God's chosen path. How oft will our merciful God show mercy in light of a possible elect neglecting his duty?
Thank you for explaining brother....

Honestly I don't know the answer to this. But I believe that Allah (swt) has said and emphasized through revelations and that He indeed is Al Merciful and therefore we cannot determine to what extent will Allah (swt) show him or her His Merciful....

MuslimInshallah
11-08-2015, 10:07 AM

Respectfully,

Peace.

All praise is God's, the merciful, all knowing, Creator

Assalaamu alaikum Pops,

Mmm... I don't think God Expects us to be perfect in our surrender to His Will. It is my understanding that He Expects us to struggle to surrender to His Will. (smile) I think what is important is that during this life, we continually struggle to Please God. (smile) He doesn't Expect us to be in perfect surrender to His Will. He Expects us to sincerely try.

I hope this helps.

May God, the Oft-Forgiving and Compassionate, Guide and Strengthen us in our struggles.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.