/* */

PDA

View Full Version : how do you believe a teen muslim girl should behave?

ayaanaa
11-10-2015, 04:20 AM
in public (especially at school) and at home. im using this for research and there are no 'wrong' answers, i just want to hear what you think!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
11-10-2015, 04:38 AM
How their Creator wants them to behave.

strivingobserver98
11-10-2015, 04:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ayaanaa
in public (especially at school) and at home. im using this for research and there are no 'wrong' answers, i just want to hear what you think!
A Muslim teenager should:

- Always be honest and speak the truth.
- Respect his/her parents in the best way possible.
- Be patient and control the nafs. You may see your non Muslim friends enjoying alcohol, obey the Creator and practise self restraint.
- Stay focused in life, have a vision and a goal. Aim for Jannatul Firdaus.
- Have kushoo in Salah.
- Avoid idle talk and backbiting. It's normal for a teenager to gossip with their friends regularly.
- Don't waste time. As a youth you are blessed with so much time, use it to your advantage.
- Strive to pious and fear Allah in all regards.

syed_z
11-10-2015, 06:13 AM
Salaam :)

I would say be careful in your youth, for youth is like a soft bone, it moulds however you mould it and it will remain in that shape for remaining years of your life. Make sure to keep it straight and upright, seek Allah's help through prayer (Dua and Salaah) in doing so.

Be sincere to God throughout your life and small amount of deeds will suffice you.

And remember that no sin of yours is greater than the mercy of Allah (swt)....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ajr
11-10-2015, 06:39 AM
Teenage muslim girls should be more modest in their clothing , speech etc
Teeanage muslim girls should find their identity, no not the green card with your name on it, but true identity ie Muslim...and then embrace it
This is the message i gave my 23 yr old daughter...

Another year gone by, just the other day i watched you take your 1st steps, start school, dating, etc, these milestones, the tapestry of our lives, certain things as parents we cling to, but today, today i am reminded that you have indeed blossomed into a beautiful soul i wish for you to attain a better understanding of these qualities as you journey through life..attain the patience of Asiya for without patience the road ahead becomes rocky, endear towards loyalty, like Khadija, with this attribute you will better embrace who you are, steer towards purity, like Maryam, and your heart will always be content, be guided by sincerity, like Ayesha, this way you will experience much joy and lastly drive in determination, like Fatima, you will endevour the will to always succeed, you are nothing short of a blessing to me, my amanah (trust)..wonder confidently outside the flock, embrace your identity, may you know the exquisite happiness of love, may you face lifes inevitable challenges with curiosity, not fear and embrace those qualities patience, loyalty, purity, sincerity and determination and become the woman i see you as...

i dont know if it will help you, but its what i teach my girls when they out together...behave in a manner that endears people to Islam...hence my embracing your Identity...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.