/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Man dies in 80kmph collision

Abz2000
11-10-2015, 05:00 AM
Honetly it would have been funny had it not been for the fatality it involved:
One of those weird stories that make you laugh and the though of two 28 year olds taking a shopping trolly on a midnight spin, but then remember one lying dead or being buried.

A Swedish man has died and another has been seriously injured in a shopping trolley accident in Sydney, Australia.

Police say the men, both 28, found the trolley and were riding it down a steep hill in the eastern suburb of Randwick just after midnight when they hit a car coming the other way.
The man who survived had just arrived in Australia - he remains in hospital and police said he could face charges.
The trolley had*reached speeds of up to 80km/h (50mph), said police."The male that was in the shopping trolley was catapulted out landing in a kerb," Det Supt Gavin Dengate told local media.

"Unfortunately we all know what shopping trolleys are like, and they are very difficult to control [it's] very very tragic."
He said riding in a shopping trolley "must be one of the most dangerous things you can do".
The 45-year-old driver of the car, who was not injured, tested negative for drugs and alcohol.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-34773280

God knows what the dude in the shopping trolly tested positive for.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
11-10-2015, 05:11 AM
"The male that was in the shopping trolley was catapulted out landing in a kerb," Det Supt Gavin Dengate told local media.
The whole shopping trolley is hard metal like material, the impact must of hurt :(. Especially at 80km/h.

sister herb
11-10-2015, 09:12 AM
They have watched too much home videos where people always jump and crash and fall and then wake up laughing and think it doesn´t hurt in real.

Abz2000
11-10-2015, 01:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
They have watched too much home videos where people always jump and crash and fall and then wake up laughing and think it doesn´t hurt in real.
It's in the latest gta video game, maybe got a bit carried away:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHpGahcotAM

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
11-10-2015, 01:13 PM
;D Good end in this video.

greenhill
11-10-2015, 03:14 PM
The thing is, shopping trolley is just a tool. For anything that has wheels and no brakes, hills and slopes are areas of concern. Not having any steering capabilities should send alarm bells, especially that it has a high center of gravity!

I have found my self on a skateboard going down hill much faster than anticipated and it started to wobble and I was definitely doing faster than running speed. All I had on was a t shirt and shorts.

Jumping off would have resulted in lacerations if I can avoid impacting my head! The wobble lessened immediate danger was avoided but I was gaining speed. Despite the predicament I found myself in, it ended well for me, Alhamdulillah, purely because I had a means to steer but I can see the this mistake happening if we ride on anything with no braking mechanism and steering capabilities.

:peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.