/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How is Music related to Selling out Soul to Devil

fhmn63
11-10-2015, 06:50 AM

How Music is a trickery of shaitan?

1)Allaah says to Shaitan,(interpretation of the meaning):
“Allaah said to Iblees: And befool them gradually those whom you can among them with your voice (i.e. songs, music, and any other call for Allaah’s disobedience)…” [al-Israa’ 17:64]
2)Narrated Abu Malik Al-Ashari:
“The Messenger (pbuh) of Allah (SWT) said, “Some people of my Ummah will drink wine, calling it by other than its real name, merriment will be made for them through the playing of musical instruments and the singing of lady singers. Allah will cleave the earth under them and turn others into monkeys and swines.
[Ibn Ma’jah Vol.5 Hadith No.4020]

People Selling Out Soul to Devil through Music: History of Music

Just pick up some lyrics of songs,It would inspire you to follow your heart and do whatever you want.
“DO WHATEVER YOU WANT” & “MAKE YOUR OWN RULES”.
Do you know where this inspiration came from?This inspiration came from the Most Wicked man on Earth:”ALEISTER CRAWLEY”.

People selling their Soul to Devil

Sadly, this rise to fame mirrors many, mostly female starlets who quickly gained fame and fortune by selling their souls. Case in point, in a rather horrific interview, would-be Christian-pop superstar turned “I Kissed a Girl” singer Katy Perry said: “When I was 15, because I grew up in a household where all I ever did was listen to gospel music…. I swear I wanted to be, like, the Amy Grant of music, but it didn’t work out, and so I sold my soul to the devil.”
There are many others:

• “The devil took me by hand.” – Bon Jovi
  • “I sold my soul to the devil” – Katy Perry
  • “Judas (Devil) is the demon I cling to.” – Lady Gaga
  • “I’m a slave for you. Dancing in the dark.” – Britney Spears
  • “Yes,I am a Devil Worshipper”-Rihana
  • “You’ve got your demons. I’ve got a few of my own.” – The Eagles
  • “First of all, we want to thank Satan.” – Red Hot Chili Peppers

The List continues here,Read here for more :-http://islamhashtag.com/read-why-is-...aram-in-islam/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
11-10-2015, 01:20 PM
Listen to Qur'an or nasheeds instead :).

Let's take a look at lyrics from music and a nasheed. Tell me what will be more beneficial?

Music

Ice Cube
("I guess my mother had a bad Bone,See back in the days she left all her little kids but now a days she be like mad home;
They told me to make a statement, I'm'a make this blatant,
People act like they Jesus, and others play the game for Satan;)

Green day
("Someone kill the DJ, shoot the f****g DJ, Hold him underwater, 'Til the m*******r drowns)

2pac
("What really go on in the mind of a n***a, that get down for theirs. Constantly, money over women. I won't deny it, I'm a straight ridah / Got the police bustin at me. I won't deny it, I'm a straight ridah..")

Nasheed

Omar Esa
("She was the first woman scholar of our Islam. She was amongst the greatest givers of hadith. She was our mother. Aisha (radialla'anha)")

Othman Al Ibrahim
("Be happy, be unique.. Live proudly in this life. Do not care. The excellence comes with hard work.)

Zain Bhika
("Oh Mountains of Mecca, how did you mourn. On the day that the beloved returned to his Lord. And up till the last breath escaped from his lips. He prayed that his Ummah would find success")

Watch this lecture very informative:

Abz2000
11-10-2015, 01:53 PM
Note that there are other ahadith which have created a difference of opinion on the matter and this has been discussed in a multitude of threads, note also that there are many singers, rappers and nasheed orators who use music as a tool of positive and halal influence.
also - a question which should appeal to the intellect:
Do you use a ringtone on your phone or put Quran and then put it on silent before entering the washroom?
Also note that the question of haram was totally absent regarding the use of a bell or horn for the call to prayer and the voice was chosen as being better.
There is a history of music all the way till andalusia, spain.
I believe the majority of disdain came from the fact that music (as demonstrated above) has almost always been associated with venues where immoralities and excesses such as drinking of alcohol, dancing women and lewdness were practiced, and in my very humble opinion we need to change that image before we lose our next generation to frustration and deprivation of lawful pursuits.
And Allah knows best.

A few positive examples:

As someone who's carefully studied the audio visual nature of documentaries and the effect of a few small notes, and have made a few small youtube videos i can assure you that it can be a very useful tool for good.

Suddenly gets scared of mob - looks around frantically, Scimi man! Where are ya!!!

AhmedGassama
11-10-2015, 03:52 PM
I don't believe music is haram, i have many and many hadiths and even scientific proofs (Allah make only bad things haram) which shows that music is halal.

I don't care how music is used by satanists to spread their thoughts, it doesn't make it haram. even poetry is used to spread evil, does poetry haram too ?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
11-10-2015, 08:07 PM

AhmedGassama
11-10-2015, 08:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar

You didn't liked the thread ? lol

czgibson
11-10-2015, 08:19 PM
Greetings,

The issue of music in Islam appears to be one that gives rise to different points of view, but the overwhelming impression I have received from numerous discussions about it on this forum is that, in the opinion of most scholars, musical instruments are haram, with the exception of the duff drum in certain circumstances.

However, music is capable of expressing all sorts of ideas, and quoting a list of song lyrics that mention the devil is unlikely to convince any sensible person that all music is necessarily Satanic.

Regarding the title of the thread, the idea of musicians selling their soul to the devil is often closely associated with American blues music. The standard myth, which was often told by musicians to each other in the Mississippi delta in the early part of the 20th century, goes something like this:

If you are a struggling musician (usually a guitarist), there is a way to achieve mastery of your instrument. If you go to the intersection in Clarksdale, Mississippi where Highway 49 meets Highway 61 (known as "The Crossroads") at midnight, you may meet a mysterious stranger. Hand him your guitar. He will tune it for you. When he returns it to you, you will receive supernatural skills on the instrument. But there is a catch. That man is the devil, and in return for your increased abilities, you have just signed away your soul, and bad luck and trouble will afflict you till the end of your days.

The Crossroads has become a minor tourist attraction as a result of this story, as you can see here.

Many delta blues musicians have been said to have made this deal, but the myth is most closely attached to Robert Johnson, a highly influential singer, songwriter and guitarist who recorded a small number of songs in the 1930s. In the early part of his career, he was said to be a terrible guitar player, but he disappeared for a while and later came back with extraordinary playing skills. The "deal with the devil" story may be an attempt to explain his rapid improvement on the instrument. He also received his share of bad luck: he died shortly afterwards, and the usual story is that his drink was poisoned by someone he had been arguing with over a woman.

Although there have been other myths along these lines (e.g. the 18th-19th century violinist Niccolò Paganini was so skilled that it was rumoured that he too had sold his soul to the devil), in modern popular music the blues myth is the one that is most often referred to.

Incidentally, the name of the occultist whose picture appears in the OP is Aleister Crowley, not Crawley.

Peace

syed_z
11-11-2015, 03:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Regarding the title of the thread, the idea of musicians selling their soul to the devil is often closely associated with American blues music. The standard myth, which was often told by musicians to each other in the Mississippi delta in the early part of the 20th century, goes something like this:

If you are a struggling musician (usually a guitarist), there is a way to achieve mastery of your instrument. If you go to the intersection in Clarksdale, Mississippi where Highway 49 meets Highway 61 (known as "The Crossroads") at midnight, you may meet a mysterious stranger. Hand him your guitar. He will tune it for you. When he returns it to you, you will receive supernatural skills on the instrument. But there is a catch. That man is the devil, and in return for your increased abilities, you have just signed away your soul, and bad luck and trouble will afflict you till the end of your days.
Salaam Czgibson, peace be with you,

This story sounds more like the story of Harut and Marut, supposedly two angels who came to teach black magic to mankind and before teaching warned them that by doing so they would earn the anger of Allah (swt). Those who followed the dictates of their Nafs (Evil commanding self) flocked towards them in large numbers and purchased the Anger of Allah (swt) for His Mercy :( .... sadly...

Surah Baqara Ayah 102

It was not Solomon who disbelieved, but the devils disbelieved, teaching people magic and that which was revealed to the two angels at Babylon, Harut and Marut. But the two angels do not teach anyone unless they say, "We are a trial, so do not disbelieve [by practicing magic]." And [yet] they learn from them that by which they cause separation between a man and his wife. But they do not harm anyone through it except by permission of Allah . And the people learn what harms them and does not benefit them.

However I would disagree with you over the myth part as it is very much prevalent in the American Music Industry. For example Brother Mutah Beale a former rap star and part of Outlawz rap music group with 2 Pact Shakur accepted Islam, Alhamdulillah and he himself explains how the Quran of the Shaytan is modern Music....he tells live stories of people in the Music Industry who do sell their souls to the Devil to gain more occult powers as promised by these Shayatin Jinns (Devil Invisible Beings)...

syed_z
11-11-2015, 04:03 AM
Asalaam O Alaikum...

I believe that the following words of Imam Muhammad Al-Ghazzali (May Allah (swt) have mercy on him) gives us a very logical answer how Halaal Music is not only Halaal, but necessary for our body and spirit....

"Heart is the seat of the secret wealth and it is the invaluable mine of jewels. There lies in it the most valuable jewel, just as fire lies secretly in stones and iron. It lies in such a way as a water lies in the lowest bottom of earth. There is no means of waking it up from sleep without sweet sounds. There is no path of sounds entering into the heart without the door of ear. The feeling that lies hidden in the heart are brought out by sweet, melodious and rhymed sounds. These do not come out of the heart without movement as what is in the cauldron does not fall without being heated. Melodious songs take out what is hidden in heart and creates a wonderful feeling."

(Ihya Ulum Al Din)

...he's devoted a fairly long chapter on Music and Ecstacy (Sama) and has given more than enough proof for us that Halaal Music is very beneficial....

format_quote Originally Posted by islam hashtag
Narrated Abu Malik Al-Ashari:
“The Messenger (pbuh) of Allah (SWT) said, “Some people of my Ummah will drink wine, calling it by other than its real name, merriment will be made for them through the playing of musical instruments and the singing of lady singers. Allah will cleave the earth under them and turn others into monkeys and swines.
[Ibn Ma’jah Vol.5 Hadith No.4020]

The above hadith and similar end times hadith about the Ummah for example ' the hour will come when Alcohol will be imbibed, when leader of a people is the most base among them, when female singers and musical instruments spread....'

These I believe refer to times, which are clearly evident now, when Muslims will be completely absorbed in to all the beauties of the Duniya altogether without any thought of Akhira at all. So what is being referred to here is the misuse of musical instruments along with women, which is taking place in our times at the most extreme level. Our beloved Messenger of Allah (saw) does not refer to Musical instruments being the cause of Fitnah, rather he refers to this sign as 'female singers and musical instruments'....he coupled them together.... the reason for that is very clear...

Imam Ghazzali (May Allah (swt) have mercy on him) says in the same Book quoted above ...."Sama (Music) is unlawful in cases from a woman whose look excites sexual passion. Beardless boys (good looking young boys) may also be included in this category if sexual passion is aroused at their sight. This illegality is not for Musical instruments and songs, its for women and beardless youth."

He further says "Obscene talks are unlawful. If there are descriptions of a particular women and not of women in general, and narrations of a particular woman before the people, they are unlawful."

...So its pretty clear why Prophet Muhammad (saw) mentioned 'Musical instruments and women' together and not just musical instruments!

All Praise is due to Allah (swt).... everything thats true comes from Him...

جوري
11-11-2015, 04:36 AM
You're taking a vote on how to interpret the laws of God? Lol
this is akin to taking a vote on Jesus' divinity in the Nicene council.
And then fatwa shopping btw you'll find 'scholars' telling you it's ok to usury and ok to ally with kaffirs against Muslims and ok to drink etc etc
if you're going to commit sin or at least a matter of doubt don't boast about it!

ajr
11-11-2015, 04:59 AM
Evidence of prohibition in the Qur’aan and Sunnah:

Allaah says in Surat Luqmaan (interpretation of the meaning):

“And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks (i.e. music, singing) to mislead (men) from the path of Allah…” [Luqmaan 31:6]

The scholar of the ummah, Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: this means singing. Mujaahid (may Allah have mercy on him) said: this means playing the drum (tabl). (Tafsir al-Tabari, 21/40).

Al-Hasan al-Basri (may Allah have mercy on him) said: this ayah was revealed concerning singing and musical instruments. (Tafsir Ibn Katheer, 3/451).

Al-Sa’di (may Allah have mercy on him) said: this includes all manner of haram speech, all idle talk and falsehood, and all nonsense that encourages kufr and disobedience; the words of those who say things to refute the truth and argue in support of falsehood to defeat the truth; and backbiting, slander, lies, insults and curses; the singing and musical instruments of the Shaytaan; and musical instruments which are of no spiritual or worldly benefit. (Tafsir al-Sa’di, 6/150)

syed_z
11-12-2015, 05:12 AM
Allah (swt) says in the Quran...

(Surah Ash - Shu'ara Chapter 26 Verses 224)

As for the poets - those who are lost in grievous error would follow them....

..Obviously by this Verse only the misguided poets have been mentioned. It is not understood from this that good poetry has been banned.

Hassan Ibn Thabit (r.a) used to recite poetry in praise of the beloved Messenger of Allah (saw) and the companions had given him a podium to do so. He used to SubhanAllah raise the morale of the believers and bring low the disbelievers and enemies. The Believers in Madinah supported him and praised him.

Allah (Swt) says in Surah Al Maidah

"Say who has prohibited God's beautiful things which He created for His servants and provisions...."

When the Prophet (SallAllahu alaihi Wassalam) returned from the expedition of Ridwan, the women from the top of the roof were signing, he did not forbade them. He also saw women playing Daff at Mina but didn't forbade them. He (sallAllahu Alaihi Wassalam) also heard when he arrived in Madinah "The full moon alighted on us from the valley of Saniyyatual Bidayi".... he never stopped or accused them.

The warning about the end times specifically mentions the three things together.... ' when much wine is drunk; when men wear silk; when female singers and musical instruments become popular'

Imam Ghazzali (May Allah (swt) have mercy on him) says "...honey is lawful but not for man of great temper. If you ask me wine I say that it is unlawful but lawful for one whose throat a morsel of food is stuck. These are exemptions and not a general rule. So the general rule is that Sama is lawful and wine is unlawful. Songs are not unlawful for musical sounds but for other measures."

...other measures such as indulging in alcohol and inviting girls to sing with musical instruments which instigate one towards haraam things.

The useless talks mentioned in the following Verse are about those who sell their religion or give up their religion for the sole purpose of useless talks.

Surah Luqman Chapter 31 Verse 6) And of the people is he who buys the amusement of speech to mislead [others] from the way of Allah without knowledge...

The Imam says 'If useless talks or amusement of speech are purchased in lieu of religion, it leads to misguidance and for that it is unlawful. This is the meaning of the above verse.

God does not punish those who indulge in useless things out of ignorance or sports and play. Those who indulge in it due to ignorance and not for the sake of taking people away from the religion.... who indulge due to weakness inherent in human nature then Allah (swt) will forgive even them and their faults...

(Surah Al Maidah Verse 89) God will not punish you for vain talks in your oaths..

We should pray for forgiveness for ourselves and every one and may Allah (swt) guide us all...Ameen.

جوري
11-12-2015, 01:46 PM

If you return to kitaab and sunnah there will not be any Shiites or any random searches for orphan opinions to support the hawah.
The absolute truth is in what Allah has revealed not in what scholars conjecture no matter how well intending!

51:8

Indeed, you are in differing speech.

51:9

Deluded away from the Qur'an

everything you write, say or do will be a witness against or for you someday!
best keep matters where there's great doubt to a minimum!

fhmn63
11-12-2015, 02:02 PM
Nice masha Allah.

fhmn63
11-12-2015, 02:03 PM
You talked about the Scientific Proof.Would like to see One.

Insaanah
11-12-2015, 07:54 PM
:salam:

format_quote Originally Posted by جوري
You're taking a vote on how to interpret the laws of God?
The poll has been removed. It is inappropriate and wrong to take a poll and ask peoples opinions on whether they think something is halal or haram, because these are matters that are not decided on our opinions, but dalaa'il, (proofs/evidences) from Qur'an, it's tafseer, the sunnah of the Prophet :saws: as recorded in the hadeeth, the consensus of the sahaabah (may Allah be pleased with them), their students etc.

Sahih International
It is not for a believing man or a believing woman, when Allah and His Messenger have decided a matter, that they should [thereafter] have any choice about their affair. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger has certainly strayed into clear error. (Surah al Ahzaab, Surah 33, ayah 36)

If the poll showed that most Muslims think it's halal, but less think it's haram, are we going to let that influence our adherence to the ruling?

In addition to evidence from the tafseer of the Qur'an and the hadeeth of the Prophet :saws: and consensus of the sahaabah (may Allah be pleased with them), the four imams (may Allah have mercy on them) and the overwhelming majority of Muslim scholars are in agreement that music is impermissible. This is a very informative post with evidenced information and links.

http://www.islamicboard.com/showthre...=1#post1550852

If the link doesn't work, it's post number 18 in this thread: http://www.islamicboard.com/clarific...l-threads.html

The sources of Islam, the Qur'an and Sunnah, as well as the rulings of the Sahaba (Companions of the Prophet :saws: ), the Tabi'oon (the generation that followed the sahaba and learned from them), and Imams Abu Hanifa, Malik, Shafi'i, and Ibn Hanbal are unanimous in their agreement that music is impermissible. There should be no confusion on this.

Posted by islam hashtag
You talked about the Scientific Proof.Would like to see One.
This makes no difference to us whether there is proof it has benefit or not. If something is haraam, it is haraam. Allah says in the Qur'an that the sin of alcohol outweighs it's benefit. If people say alcohol has some benefit, that is going to have no impact on it's ruling of being haraam. And the same would apply to music.

Abz2000
11-12-2015, 08:57 PM
Instead of creating a new thread with a new debate every six months isn't it more proper that people who have a differing opinion post the hadiths which are available?
The only reason why i commented is because i felt it would be running away from a topic which i know always brings negative vibes despite it being very relevant to the current time.
going through the previous multiple threads on the topic one will see how they almost always begin with the same hadith, then go on to opinions of very serious and busy people who lived in times where instruments had to be organized and bands paid for.
Since we're living in the ipod age and there's a constant difference of opinion on the topic, isn't it best to collect and lay out opinions based directly from Quran and hadith?
God knows best.
Scimi you're a wise man.

AhmedGassama
11-12-2015, 09:44 PM
Salam

*I'm against religious debate because it makes Muslims hate each others

جوري
11-12-2015, 10:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
:salam:

The poll has been removed. It is inappropriate and wrong to take a poll and ask peoples opinions on whether they think something is halal or haram, because these are matters that are not decided on our opinions, but dalaa'il, (proofs/evidences) from Qur'an, it's tafseer, the sunnah of the Prophet :saws: as recorded in the hadeeth, the consensus of the sahaabah (may Allah be pleased with them), their students etc.

Sahih International
It is not for a believing man or a believing woman, when Allah and His Messenger have decided a matter, that they should [thereafter] have any choice about their affair. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger has certainly strayed into clear error. (Surah al Ahzaab, Surah 33, ayah 36)

If the poll showed that most Muslims think it's halal, but less think it's haram, are we going to let that influence our adherence to the ruling?

In addition to evidence from the tafseer of the Qur'an and the hadeeth of the Prophet :saws: and consensus of the sahaabah (may Allah be pleased with them), the four imams (may Allah have mercy on them) and the overwhelming majority of Muslim scholars are in agreement that music is impermissible. This is a very informative post with evidenced information and links.

http://www.islamicboard.com/clarific...ml#post1550852

If the link doesn't work, it's post number 18 in this thread: http://www.islamicboard.com/clarific...l-threads.html

The sources of Islam, the Qur'an and Sunnah, as well as the rulings of the Sahaba (Companions of the Prophet :saws: ), the Tabi'oon (the generation that followed the sahaba and learned from them), and Imams Abu Hanifa, Malik, Shafi'i, and Ibn Hanbal are unanimous in their agreement that music is impermissible. There should be no confusion on this.

This makes no difference to us whether there is proof it has benefit or not. If something is haraam, it is haraam. Allah says in the Qur'an that the sin of alcohol outweighs it's benefit. If people say alcohol has some benefit, that is going to have no impact on it's ruling of being haraam. And the same would apply to music.

i am not expecting differently with this modernist 'democratic' Islam!
it's all subject to debate and has to be modulated and tailored to individual desires!

:w:

Abz2000
11-12-2015, 10:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhmedGassama
Salam

*I'm against religious debate because it makes Muslims hate each others

Allah knows brother whether you are attempting to project my words in a different light or it is your own opinion.
Every time a Propt appeared, debate became the norm,
When the final Prophet (pbuh) was apprehensive about a decision, he (pbuh) would allow his close advisers Abu Bakr (ra) and 'Umar (ra) to debate their normally differing viewpoints before thinking it out further.
When the Khulafa Ar Raashidun (ra) would made important decisions, they would resort to the Shura council who would all give their opinions, the method was usually successful and rarely unsuccessful, however, these men would base their opinions in light of the Book of Allah and seeking of His pleasure, and the Sunnah of Muhammad pbuh even if their approach at any given time may have been different.

I have posted other ahadith in different threads and find copy pasting the same arguments quite a warisome and boring task,

I have posted some links below of the opinions of other renowned scholars on the topic and their dissection of the op's hadith,
And aving read many ahadith by the Prophet pbuh and in light of the fact that he pbuh would carefully choose his words, when thinking carefully, one can see quite a few apparent anomalies within the strange (ghareeb) method of narration.
From my He pbuh would normally follow up a mention of wrong acts with a consequence.
The first two items mentioned are known prohibitions explicitly mentioned in the Quran, the third is the topic over which there is much debate regarding authenticity of ahadith amongst some of the best scholars, and the fourth is totally permissible for women whereas "people" is used.
The words in the narration, to a critical viewer, indicate clear flaws and bias on the part of a narrator,
However, since i am not anywhere near as highly educated in the ciences of ahadith, chains of narrators, and their credibility in narrations,
Although i cannot see weight in some of the arguments they've put forth, i'll present the refutations of a few scholars with whos names most of us should be familiar:

https://m.facebook.com/notes/%D9%86%...50216769555076

http://www.understanding-islam.com/q-and-a/social-issues/regarding-an-opinion-on-the-prohibition-of-music-5393

one will undoubtedly note from the man's short biography, scientific theories, constant changing of school of thought, and regular imprisonment that he was no people pleaser when it came to what he sincerely believed to be the truth
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibn_Hazm

Edit:

i mistakenly quoted a hadith other than the one which the op posted due to having read it one day and more info in between posting, the hadith quoted by the op definitely describes the perverted and haram combination that takes place in many concerts today.

AhmedGassama
11-12-2015, 10:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
Allah knows brother whether you are attempting to project my words in a different light or it is your own opinion.
Every time a Prophet appeared, debate became the norm,
When the final Prophet (pbuh) was apprehensive about a decision, he (pbuh) would allow his close advisers Abu Bakr (ra) and 'Umar (ra) to debate their normally differing viewpoints before thinking it out further.
When the Khulafa Ar Raashidun (ra) would made important decisions, they would resort to the Shura council who would all give their opinions, the method was usually successful and rarely unsuccessful, however, these men would base their opinions in light of the Book of Allah and seeking of His pleasure, and the Sunnah of Muhammad pbuh even if their approach at any given time may have been different.
Well, this is what happen when my post get edited by the admins and get taken out of context!

AhmedGassama
11-12-2015, 11:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
Well, i really believe that it's not wise to delete the whole poll, you could for example change it and make it look like this : "What is your belief concerning music, is it halal or haram?" this way, you will avoid using the word "opinion" that you are so afraid of!

Because everybody have his own beliefs about music taken from respected sheikhs and ulamas!

Abz2000
11-13-2015, 12:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhmedGassama
Well, this is what happen when my post get edited by the admins and get taken out of context!
Apologies for the unintended confusion brother, i sincerely believe sister insaanah would have a valid reason.

It's way past fajr now and i need to get some sleep, gonna end on a humourous note that ought to be quite reflective:

Edit:
Still reading so i'll post some of it:

In the following, notice the ahadithon mainly duff, the way the different scholars worked them, some tempered and some strange, and also notice the tendency to restrict based on the perception of it being inherently evil, also bear in mind the strategy of shaytaan in keeping people pre-occupied with the banal in place of the more weighty deeds, that way the dissonance caused in the minds when they notice that that the Prophet pbuh is recorded as having listened, yet mentioned Shaytaan when Umar (ra) came in, can be correctly rectified.
You'll also note that the men whose honour was in knighthood and bravery in Allah's way were far from singing and clinging tambourines, though poetry had it's pros, cons and debates too, and since girls were the only ones left as singers, it was most likely shunned anyway, only the transexuals were left holding the tools of the trade, bear in mind that it was always live and no recording devices, studios or headphones were involved.

http://islamqa.info/en/20406

The list below is a collection of ahadith from one whose very harsh bias is totally against musical instruments and singing and you'll notice from some of the overlapping yet very different "gospel according to" phenomena an indication of the polarity of the narrators - all or most in this list are "against song and music".

http://www.muftisays.com/blog/abu+mo...-on-music.html

Then think.
Ultimately you'll only be of one opinion when it has been debated anew and in detail based on all the information collected and understood together - once you've accepted a single and trustworthy Muslim authority and submitted the case to it.
And Allah knows best.

Edit 2:
Now consider the understanding on poetry ( the whole chapter -number 26- is named afrer them yet trashes poets, but then we understand, a certain type):
Poetry was probably more powerful than modern day rap when it came to propaganda and "dissing".

210.*No evil ones have brought down this (Revelation):
211.*It would neither suit them nor would they be able (to produce it).
212.*Indeed they have been removed far from even (a chance of) hearing it.
213.*So call not on any other god with Allah, or thou wilt be among those under the Penalty.
214.*And admonish thy nearest kinsmen,
215.*And lower thy wing to the Believers who follow thee.
216.*Then if they disobey thee, say: "I am free (of responsibility) for what ye do!"
217.*And put thy trust on the Exalted in Might, the Merciful,
218.*Who seeth thee standing forth (in prayer),
219.*And thy movements among those who prostrate themselves,
220.*For it is He Who heareth and knoweth all things.
221.*Shall I inform you, (O people!), on whom it is that the evil ones descend?
222.*They descend on every lying, wicked person,
223.*(Into whose ears) they pour hearsay vanities, and most of them are liars.

224.*And the Poets,- It is those straying in Evil, who follow them:
225.*Seest thou not that they wander distracted in every valley?
226.*And that they say what they practise not?
227.*Except those who believe, work righteousness, engage much in the remembrance of Allah, and defend themselves only after they are unjustly attacked. And soon will the unjust assailants know what vicissitudes their affairs will take!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.