/* */

PDA

View Full Version : fun halal hobbies to do?

BilalKid
11-10-2015, 03:39 PM
^^ ^o)

what do spend time in hobby with??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
11-10-2015, 04:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BilalKid
^^ ^o)

what do spend time in hobby with??

There are loads of books and documentaries and lectures available everywhere these days, then you can spend some of your time on a site i know where you can learn, debate and teach.
It's called.......

Islamicboard.com

I'll send you the website link to it if you're interested :p

strivingobserver98
11-10-2015, 05:17 PM
Personally I like reading, travelling, business, writing, driving & sports.

Find anything you like and enjoy.

Here's some hobbies from the sunnah.

• Spending time with family and wife :)
  • Archery
  • Swimming
  • Horse riding
  • Wrestling

The Prophet :saws: always kept his smile with his wives and he used to laugh and please them to make them laugh as well. With all the troubles around him, he used to take his wife Aisha, to the desert and say, “Aisha, lets race!” And she used to race him and win. So, he kept on feeding her meat for a whole week, so she would unassumingly gain weight, until he took her again to the desert and said, “Aisha, let’s race!” At that time, he won and said to her, “This time I won!”.
(Recorded in Ahmad & Abu Dawood)

ï€ Ata bin Rabah Radiya-allahu anhu said: I saw Jabir bin Abdullah and Jabir bin Umair al Ansari target shooting while one of them got bored and sat down. The other told him: I heard the Messenger of Allah say: “Everything that is not remembrance of Allah is in vain except four things: Your walking between your targets, training your horse, playing with your wife, and swimming practice” [Nasa’i – Tabarani]

The Prophet :saws: once passed by a group of his Companions who were competing in archery. He encouraged them, saying, “Shoot, and I am with you”. (al-Bukhari)

The Prophet :saws: rode horses, camels, mules and donkeys. He rode horses both saddled and bareback, and he used to make them gallop them on occasion. He used to ride alone, which was most of the time, but sometimes he would put someone behind him on the camel, or he would put one person behind him and one in front, so there would be three men on one camel. So he would sometimes let some men ride on his camel with him, and on some occasions he let his wives ride with him. The animals which he rode most often were horses and camels.
(Narrated by Abu Dawood, 2565; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood, 2236)

The Prophet :saws: said, "Practice archery and horseback riding." [Sahih Muslim]

The Prophet :saws: said "Any action without the remembrance of Allah is either a diversion or heedlessness except four acts: walking from target to target (during archery practice), training a horse and learning to swim." (Reported by al Tabarani on good authority)

There is a report about his wrestling in the Sunan of Aboo Daawood, on the authority of Muhammad ibn 'Alee ibn Rukaanah, who said, "Verily Rukaanah wrestled the Prophet, and the Prophet :saws: took him down."

BilalKid
11-11-2015, 04:32 PM
becoming poet, sunnah too? :hmm:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.