/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslim Woman Donates $1 To Charity For Every Hate Tweet

strivingobserver98
11-12-2015, 03:03 PM
:sl:

Interesting reaction to the haters.

If there's one thing online trolls hate doing, it's being nice to anyone.

Well now Dr Susan Carland is making sure that every time an online troll attacks her, she'll force them into doing something nice, whether they like it or not.

Dr Carland is an academic and Muslim woman who has promised that for every hate tweet she receives, she'll be donating $1 to UNICEF.

Carland receives countless messages every day targeting her because of her religious beliefs telling her to leave the country, repent her religion and worse.

Writing in the Sydney Morning Herald Carland said: "I regularly get tweets and Facebook messages from the brave freedom-fighters behind determinedly anonymous accounts telling me that, as a Muslim woman, I love oppression, murder, war, and sexism."

Carland goes on to explain that as she trawled through some of the accounts belonging to the trolls that had attacked her she was reminded of one particular line in the Koran which stated:

"Good and evil are not equal. Repel evil with what is better."

It was this line, she says, which helped her come up with the idea of transforming the hate filled messages she received into something that could do genuine good to others.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015...n_8541468.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.