/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Boogeyman is real

ajr
11-12-2015, 04:23 PM
I'm sure we all heard stories while growing up about Dajjal, he was described as this evil entity, and rightly so...

Allah's Messenger said;

By Allah, I have not gathered you for exhortation or for a warning, but U have gathered you here, for Tamim Dari, a Christian, who came and accepted Islam, has narrated to me that he had sailed in a ship along with 30 men of Bani Lakhm and Bani Judham and they had been tossed by waves in the ocean for a month.

Then these(waves) took them to an island within the ocean at the time of sunset. They sat in a small side-boat and entered that Island. There they met a beast with long thick hair; they could not distinguish his face from his back.

They said: Woe to you, what can you be?
Thereupon it said: I am al-Jassasa.
They said: What is al-Jassasa?
And it said: O people, go to this person in the monastery as he is very eager to know about you.
He(the narrator) said: When it named a person waiting for us we were afraid of it lest it should be a Devil.

The we hurriedly went on till we came to that monastery and found a well-built person there with his hands tied to his neck and having iron shackles between his two legs up to the ankles.

We said: Woe upon thee, who are you?
And he said: You will soon come to know about me, but tell me who are you.
We said: We are the people from Arabia and we embarked upon a boat but the sea-waves had been driving us for one month and they brought us near this island of yours.

We got into the side-boats and entered this island and there a beast met us with profusely thick hair and due to the thickness of his hair his face could not be distinguished from his back.

We said: Woe to thee, what are you?
It said: I am al-Jassasa.
We said: What is al-Jassasa?
And it said: You go to this very person in the monastery for he is eagerly waiting for you to know about you. So we came to you in haste fearing that it might be the Devil.
He(the chained person) said: Tell me about the date palms of Baisan (a city in Jordan).
We said: About which aspect of theirs do you seek information?
He said: I ask you, whether these trees bear fruit or not?
We said: Yes.
He said: I think these would not bear fruits. Inform me about the lake of Tabariyya?
We said: Which aspect of it do you ask about?
He said: Is there water in it?
They said: There is abundance of water in it.
He said: I think it would soon become dry. Inform me about the spring of Zughar.
They said: Which aspect of it do you ask about?
He(the chained person) said: Is there water in it and does irrigate(the land)?
We said: Yes, there is abundance of water in it and the inhabitants (of Madinah) irrigate(land) with it.
He said: Inform me about the unlettered Prophet; what has he done?
We said: He has come out from Makkah and has settled in Yathrib(Madinah).
He said: Do the Arabs fight against him?
We said: Yes.
He said: How did he deal with them?
We informed him that he had overcome those in his neighborhood and they had submitted themselves before him.

He said;

"If it is so then it is better for them that they should show obedience to him. I am going to tell you about myself, I am Dajjal and will be soon permitted to go out and so I shall travel in the land in 40 nights and I will not spare any town where I shall not stay except Makkah and Madinah as these two are prohibited for me, both of them. Whenever I make an attempt to enter any one of these two an angel with a sword in his hand will confront me and bar my way, and there would be angels to guard every passage leading to it. (see hadith below)

_______

Muhammad said;

There will be no town which Dajjal will not enter except Makkah and Madinah, and there will be no entrance(road) but the angels will be standing in rows guarding it against him, and then Madinah will shake with its inhabitants thrice and Allah will expel all the nonbelievers and the hypocrites from it.
(Sahih Bukhāri Hadith No. 1881)

_______

Then Allah's Messenger striking the pulpit with the help of the end of his staff said;

This is Taiba, this is Taiba, this is Taiba (meaning Madinah). Have I not, told you this?

The people said: Yes, and this account narrated by Tamim Dari was liked by me for me it corroborates the account which I gave to you in regard to him(Dajjal) and in regard to Madinah and Makkah. Behold he(Dajjal) is in the Syrian sea (Mediterranean) or the Yemeni sea(Arabian sea). Nay, on the contrary, he is in the east, he is in the east, he is in the east,” and he pointed with his hand towards the east. (see hadith below)

______

Abu Hurairah (RA) narrates that;

"Dajjal will come from the eastern side with the intention of attacking Madinah until he will get down behind Uhud(according to another narration he will come to the plain of Jurf) then the angels will turn his face towards Syria and there he will perish."
(Sahih Muslim Hadith No. 1379-2943)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!