/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Salaam from a Christian friend!

LaSorcia
11-15-2015, 02:45 AM
Hello sisters and brothers!

I recently joined a Christian forum and saw some Muslims there. It made me glad to see people of God reaching out to each other. I looked up Muslim forums and found this one and decided to join.

It really saddens me to see the children of Abraham, Sarah and Hagar not getting along. I have a dear Muslim friend, and as a host family, have hosted Muslims from Saudi Arabia and Kuwait. I live in the USA.

I think we all have more in common than not. My dream is to see the children of Abraham united for God/Allah and doing jihad against Shaytan and evil instead of against each other! Imagine how we could change the world if we were united instead of divided. But the evil in this world does not want that, so it makes Christians think Muslims and Jews are horrible and vice versa.

I am not interested in dawah from anyone, nor do I seek to change anyone here. I believe we already follow the same God; there is no God but God, right? I would like to get to know more about Islamic faith and practice and share mine for anyone who has questions.

Thank you!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AhmedGassama
11-15-2015, 03:31 AM
Welcome to the forum my sister in humanity

Yes, we have many things in common, you only need to take a look at some of verses of the Quran

Say, “O People of the Scripture, come to a word that is equitable between us and you – that we will not worship except Allah and not associate anything with Him and not take one another as lords instead of Allah (Al imran - 64)

"...and nearest among them in love to the believers will you find those who say, 'We are Christians,' because amongst these are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world, and they are not arrogant" (5:82).

I will also ask you to see this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR-eWKkWHmU

syed_z
11-15-2015, 03:50 AM
Wa Alaikum Salaam Brother... Peace be upon you and your family....

Its very nice for you to be part of this forum. We Love you for the Sake of Al Mighty God who created all of us from a pair of Male and Female and all of us are created from a drop. All of us come from Adam (Peace be upon him) and Eve (Peace be upon her), we are children of Adam. The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him said) "The White does not have any superiority over the black and the black does not have any superiority over the white. All are equal in the sight of God. And the best among you is the one who is most conscious of Al Mighty God."

Since you mentioned about hosting a Muslim family and the discord and disagreement among different Abrahamic Faiths, I would like to bring to your attention an important Verse in the Quran and important event at the time of Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) which is a guidance for us on our treatment of our Jewish and Christian brothers....

(2:113) the Jews assert, "The Christians have no valid ground for their beliefs," while theChristians assert, "The Jews have no valid ground for their beliefs" - and both quote the divinewrit! Even thus, like unto what they say, have [always] spoken those who were devoid ofknowledge;" but it is God who will judge between them on Resurrection Day with regard to allon which they were wont to differ.

(2:114) Hence, who could be more wicked than those who bar the mention of God's name from [any of]His houses of worship and strive for their ruin, [although] they have no right to enter them savein fear [of God]? For them, in this world, there is ignominy in store; and for them, in the life tocome, awesome suffering.95

95. It is one of the fundamental principles of Islam that every religionwhich has belief in God as its focal point must be accorded full respect, however much one maydisagree with its particular tenets. Thus, the Muslims are under an obligation to honourand protect any house of worship dedicated to God, whether it be a mosque or a church ora synagogue (cf. the second paragraph of 22:40); and any attempt to prevent thefollowers of another faith from worshipping God according to their own lights is condemned bythe Qur'an as a sacrilege. A striking illustration of this principle is forthcomingfrom the Prophet's treatment of the deputation from Christian hijran in the year 10 H. Theywere given free access to the Prophet's mosque, and with his full consent celebratedtheir religious rites there, although their adoration of Jesus as "the son of God" and ofMary as "the mother of God" was fundamentally at variance with Islamic beliefs (seeIbn Sa'd I/I, '84 f.).

(Message of the Quran)

...You are most welcome, Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas... :)

eesa the kiwi
11-15-2015, 04:30 AM
if you want to try gain an understanding of islam i recommended this website
www.islamreligion.com

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
LaSorcia
11-15-2015, 02:09 PM
Thanks everyone!

sister herb
11-15-2015, 03:06 PM
Hello and welcome and peace with you my sister in humanity.

:D

Aaqib
11-15-2015, 10:12 PM
Salam, welcome to the forums

lonewolf007
11-15-2015, 10:20 PM
hey sis awww thats such a sweet post, you seem really cool and im sure you'll fit right in

anyways welcome to the forum and hope you benefit from it :)

Leoprecordia
11-15-2015, 10:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by LaSorcia
Hello sisters and brothers!

I recently joined a Christian forum and saw some Muslims there. It made me glad to see people of God reaching out to each other. I looked up Muslim forums and found this one and decided to join.

It really saddens me to see the children of Abraham, Sarah and Hagar not getting along. I have a dear Muslim friend, and as a host family, have hosted Muslims from Saudi Arabia and Kuwait. I live in the USA.

I think we all have more in common than not. My dream is to see the children of Abraham united for God/Allah and doing jihad against Shaytan and evil instead of against each other! Imagine how we could change the world if we were united instead of divided. But the evil in this world does not want that, so it makes Christians think Muslims and Jews are horrible and vice versa.

I am not interested in dawah from anyone, nor do I seek to change anyone here. I believe we already follow the same God; there is no God but God, right? I would like to get to know more about Islamic faith and practice and share mine for anyone who has questions.

Thank you!
Walaikum as'salaam! That's an awesome gesture of good will and faith. Happy to have you here. I just joined myself but have a few other friends here from another forum as well. The conversations so far have been mostly constructive. Not to scare you away but just as a precaution, at the end of the day every forum is susceptible to those with ill intentions, as well as the misguided. If you encounter those people, please don't judge us as the same.

greenhill
11-15-2015, 10:31 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Wishing up a great stay.

:peace:

TMGuide
11-16-2015, 12:21 AM
Welcome, such a pleasant and positive post.

Insaanah
11-16-2015, 10:24 AM
Welcome to the forum LaSorcia,

format_quote Originally Posted by LaSorcia
it makes Christians think Muslims and Jews are horrible and vice versa.
Just to clarify, Muslims do not think Christians and Jews are horrible. Christians and Jews are respectfully called People of the Scripture in the Qur'an. Muslims care deeply for them, which is why Muslims will talk to Christians about the Oneness of God, a God who does not beget, nor is He begotten, and has no sons, daughters, spouses, siblings, parents, cousins, or relatives of any sort. A God who did not and does not, become flesh, dwell in human or animal bodies, nor are there any incarnations of Him and nor is He mixed up in His creation in any way. He is not composed of persons, nor a trinity. Just simply One. It is because Muslims care enough about Christians, that they don't want to see them being punished on the Day of Judgement, for what has now become Christian belief.

As Muslims, we believe in all the prophets God sent, including Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad, (peace be on them all) without rejecting any of them, and without deifying any of them. We believe in them as they were, the best and noblest of humanity to set foot on the earth, sent by God to convey God's message to humanity, that people should submit wholeheartedly to Allah and worship Him and Him alone, without any associates in, or parts to, His Exclusive Divinity, and should obey the prophet, and know that they will be judged on the Day of Judgement. We also believe in the scriptures given/revealed to them by God.

"Say: "We believe in Allah and what has been revealed to us, and what has been revealed to Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the Descendants, and what was given to Moses and Jesus, and to [all] the prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between one and another of them, and to Him we have submitted (in Islam)." And whosoever seeks as religion other than Islam, it shall not be accepted from him, and he shall be in the hereafter, among the losers.(Qur'an 3:84, 85)

Peace.

LaSorcia
11-16-2015, 11:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
Welcome to the forum LaSorcia,

Just to clarify, Muslims do not think Christians and Jews are horrible. Christians and Jews are respectfully called People of the Scripture in the Qur'an.

Peace.

I did not mean that everyone disparaged the other's religion. But sadly, there are some who do. I was verbally attacked on one forum for defending Muslims and saying they were not all terrorists, that terrorists were not following true Islam and that Islam means peace. Needless to say, I left that forum lol.

sfontel
11-17-2015, 12:02 AM
Welcome Sister in Christ!

new2010
11-17-2015, 12:24 AM
We may have different opinions on theological matters, however we all are individual human beings with feelings and various socialization. We need to learn to deal with this matters on a scientific way, without harming each other. We may have different opinions but we need to listen to each other instead of fighting. We don't need to agree, but need to keep it scientific and let people their thinking. Doesn't matter which way around. Even when a dialogue is not possible, we should respect our opposite, stop talking but keep respect. In this sense may Allah guide us and very welcome to this forum.

AhmedGassama
11-17-2015, 02:51 AM
Please read surat Mariam (Mary)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbN9MBI9ABQ

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.