/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Islamic & Modern Education

Abou Bakar
11-17-2015, 05:53 AM
:sl:

in this thread we will discus about that why islamic eductaion is important for our child's

:jz:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
11-17-2015, 09:31 AM
Wa'alaikumsalam.

The thread title confuses me because seem like you put Islam and modern education on two different poles that contradict each other. When I was young I got modern education which Islam was taught in it. Now my children get modern education which include Islamic knowledge too.

Islam can be taught through modern system of education too.

greenhill
11-17-2015, 02:11 PM
Islamic and modern education.... Hmmm interesting.

What is the difference? The more I think about it, the more I feel it is poles apart. Every academic subject except religious studies are godless subjects. They fill us with knowledge about the world independently of God. He plays no part in it. Even creation. We came from the apes via evolution, schools say.

Islamic education brings us closer to Allah. With that set in the heart and mind, we can then learn the worldly knowledge to improve ourselves in spirit of the Quran.

I found the religious classes I attended in school were really out of 'sync' with the rest of the subjects I was learning. The messages I get from the class was not really maintained much after stepping out of the classroom, where the way of life we are practising is already very different from what we have just learned..

It has taken me over 20 years to unravel the 'modern' education's subliminal indoctrination to liberalise thinking and making it logical to break Allah's Laws bit by bit, generation by generation.

How easy it is in this day and age for children, without proper grounding, to falter in the rat race and totally forget what surah At Takathur (102) is trying to say...

:cry:

Sami12345
12-03-2023, 09:18 PM
Is it acceptable to say modern education in western countries is not good as it was designed to make people not free thinkers and team workers, instead they are taught to only work by themselves and are taught to obey their teacher even though he could be teaching nonsense like LGBTQ. It could be argued that school is just the training for the depressing work world. If education created more critical thinkers and free thinkers there could be more great minds and Islamic role models that attract people to Islam and remind keep current Muslims on the right path.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.