/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jihad according to Abu Hanifa

sunnimuslim1878
11-17-2015, 10:27 AM
sayfullaah.blogspot.com/2011/01/fatwa-of-imam-abu-hanifa-regarding.html

How authentic should I consider this article?It says it is obligatory for Muslims like me to fight against the Current Government of Pakistan to implement Shar'iah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mr.President
11-17-2015, 10:51 AM
http://islamqa.info/en/9911
Are they openly committing kufr

BlueOwl358
11-17-2015, 10:53 AM
Isn't abandonment of prayer a legitimate reason for rebellion, since the Prophet said to not rebel until the ruler abandons prayer? Under normal conditions other than that, it is not allowed at all however.

mihja
11-17-2015, 11:58 PM
Dear Jihad is a term widely misunderstood by many muslims, it is Jihad when you fight against nono-muslims who fights you, but what about two muslims fighting each other...!

Point No 1

In name of enforcing islamic rules or many other reasons like the clash between KSA and Yemen, or Syria, Iraq, Sudan, somalia and many other countries.. would this be considered as JIHAD?

Here comes the fuzzy area, where common muslims wouldn't normally know whom to support, where ALLAH SWT orders us to make peace between them, not to make it worse by favoring one party over the other.

ALLAH SWT said :[49:09] "And if two parties of believers fall to fighting, then make peace between them. And if one party of them doeth wrong to the other, fight ye that which doeth wrong till it return unto the ordinance of Allah; then, if it return, make peace between them justly, and act equitably. Lo! Allah loveth the equitable.

[49:10]

The believers are naught else than brothers. Therefore make peace between your brethren and observe your duty to Allah that haply ye may obtain mercy".

Point No 2:

Going against the governor, and government rules, those rules are applied to the Islamic countries, and there is a difference between countries where Muslims lives and countries where islam rules.

whenever the Islam rules, the governor has deviated from the Islamic path, the people (whoever they are) are ordered not to obey whatever wrong things he ordered, a good example is when Abu-bakr the first khalifa ruled, his speech was (O People! I have been put in authority over you and I am not the best of you. So if I do the right thing then help me and if I do wrong then put me straight).

Third Point:

Going against the Governor (Again - in Islamic country), is prohibited unless he committed AN OBVIOUS KUFUR, and obvious is something that everyone sees and knows it is kufur and at this point he is not fit to rule Islamic territory.

IN Sahih al-Bukhari 7055, 7056 Book 92, Hadith 8: Vol. 9, Book 88, Hadith 178, Narrated Junada bin Abi Umaiya:

We entered upon 'Ubada bin As-Samit while he was sick. We said, "May Allah make you healthy. Will you tell us a Hadith you heard from the Prophet (ﷺ) and by which Allah may make you benefit?" He said, "The Prophet (ﷺ) called us and we gave him the Pledge of allegiance for Islam, and among the conditions on which he took the Pledge from us, was that we were to listen and obey (the orders) both at the time when we were active and at the time when we were tired, and at our difficult time and at our ease and to be obedient to the ruler and give him his right even if he did not give us our right, and not to fight against him unless we noticed him having open Kufr (disbelief) for which we would have a proof with us from Allah."

I hope this answers the question..!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
syed_z
11-18-2015, 04:30 AM
The Prophet (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) said "Hazrat Hamza Ibn Mutallib is the best among the martyrs and then the next best is he who standing before a ruler enjoins him good and forbid him evil for which he is killed by him"

The Prophet (Saw) said "The best Jihad is to speak a word of truth against a tyrant ruler"

There are stories of great sages like Junaid Baghdadi, Hassan Basri and Imam Jafar and several others, who advised the rulers when they encountered them face to face and took risk of their lives with the intention to be blessed with martyrdom. They never raised a rebellion.

2nd we just look at one word of the Prophet (peace be upon him) in isolation and do not look at the several ahadith that he mentioned about the fitnah that will occur and the rulership being imposed as a result of that. You just consider these words in isolation...."do not fight against him till you see open Kufr"

This is only when the people are righteous but the ruler commits injustice.

I am from Pakistan as well and the society is corrupt due to our own actions of bribery, stealing, cheating in our affairs, disobedience to elders, bad manners and morals, killing and doing injustice to others. As a result of this evil rulers are imposed...

The Prophet (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) said " ..people will not reduce in measurement (i.e. when cheating with scales when buying and selling) except that they will be over taken by drought in their lands, by burdensome obligations and by the oppression of the ruler on them."

He also said "..the hour will come when when people believe in stars, people will not respect trust any more, charity will be considered as a burden and Imams will oppress."....in other traditions the worst among you will be your leaders...."

...meaning we will become worst is due to why the leaders will also be worst. So at that time overthrowing governments will cause more chaos and killing!

Surah Ar Rad 13:11
Allah will not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves. And when Allah intends for a people ill, there is no repelling it. And there is not for them besides Him any patron.....

.... so you think by overthrowing governments Allah (swt) will help you when actually what we are supposed to do is reform ourselves and then Allah (swt) will replace our Oppressors with Pious leadership!

Once Hazrat Anas Bun Malik (r.a) was complained about the harsh treatment of Hajjaj Bin Yusuf. To which he replied "Be patient, as I heard the Messenger of Allah (sallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) said "Every coming age will be worst than the present. So be patient till you meet your Lord."

Please I request do NOT study hadith in Isolation

May Allah (swt) help us see the truth. Ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.