11-17-2015, 11:42 AM
Do not stop with that ...

CONDEMN THE ATTACKS BY FRANCE [emoji34]
#prayforsyria

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
11-17-2015, 11:53 AM
#PrayForPeace everywhere! :)

12250132 1640257736242949 5209023426372798877 n?oh41ddc0f0bf4e817b01df3fe95604cec4&ampoe56B3BD12 -

Mr.President
11-17-2015, 11:54 AM
Ive been going throug #prayforsyria on twitter i can not control my tears bro its so depressing ya allah ....

strivingobserver98
11-17-2015, 11:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mr.President
Ive been going throug #prayforsyria on twitter i can not control my tears bro its so depressing ya allah ....
:(

Listen to this bro.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AhmedGassama
11-17-2015, 02:16 PM
Of course we need to pray more about Syria than France because they are our brothers not only in humanity but also in faith
I have many friends from Syria, i speak to them everyday so i can know if they are okay
They are such a good and a brave people, you can't imagine how much they proud to be syrians... One of them is called Layal and she taught me many things about Syria, now i see them as the what has been left from the Arab and Islamic glories... Islam will be back from there!

Pygoscelis
11-17-2015, 02:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhmedGassama
Of course we need to pray more about Syria than France because they are our brothers not only in humanity but also in faith
Isn't that exactly what the OP and cartoon are complaining about? The mostly Christian and Jewish run media seem to care more and pray more for France than Syria, because France shares their faith and culture, and that is a problem, as all humans should be cared about equally.

Muslim Woman
11-17-2015, 02:41 PM
:sl:

children death in Syria
have u ever share Syria flag ?

12247047 897412467015465 5574763479902591036 n?oh905dcc6ef7bcb85e4ad0cec319b6fdf1&ampoe56B66FDA&  gda  1455230803 2646b64ed38a7c7fdaa541571ae16639 -

Samiun
11-17-2015, 02:55 PM
:sl:

I was reading about the attack and immediately I knew the people who are going to get it(the backlash) were the French Muslims and then inevitably the refugees and the Syrians. It seems that they retaliated with attacking Raqqa today and yesterday. When the news(Al Jazeera in fact) reported the news, they made it sound like it was calculated so precisely that only Daesh bases are targeted. But I don't believe that, there would be casualties of the Syrians, innocent people would inevitably be killed due to this retaliation I have no doubt about it. Now, they're calling for a COALITION of all those countries that have hands(involved in one way or another) on the country to eliminate the one target. I don't know what they're planning, Allah knows best but Insha'Allah they will NOT wipe out Syria off the map Insha'Allah.

strivingobserver98
11-17-2015, 03:08 PM
Yet nobody says a word..

12241797 935792799840706 2369514043929170930 n?ohb681610c553573c3697453dbc9a06eef&ampoe56B24FA8 -

#PrayForSyria

IslamicRevival
11-17-2015, 03:26 PM
I'm sick of social media. Instead of real hard action we have resorted to stupid hashtags whilst in the comfort of our surroundings. The media are fully responsible for the so called 'radicalization' of young Muslims, they hook and feed into our emotions by showing destruction in the lands of Muslims which in turn evoke anger thus creating monsters.

I pray for nothing but the Muslim ummah, I'm getting sick and tired of the vicious propaganda and lies coming from our screens. Prayforthis, prayforthat hashtags mean nothing unless there's truth, sincerity and substance behind it.

Physicist
11-17-2015, 03:56 PM
Just a psychology of perception.
1.Regular routine reportages about wars somewhere far away where most of the audience can't imagine themselves. Being perceived like a horror movies.
2.Another feeling is when terror happens in the place which used to be safe, where everybody could imagine themselves. This touches very deep when it happens first time. If it happens often, then people getting used to it.

AhmedGassama
11-17-2015, 11:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
Isn't that exactly what the OP and cartoon are complaining about? The mostly Christian and Jewish run media seem to care more and pray more for France than Syria, because France shares their faith and culture, and that is a problem, as all humans should be cared about equally.
You are right, but you made just one mistake :

If your brother dies, you are going to be more sad then when my own brother dies. That is very natural! The Syrian people belong to our Ummah, they blong to our community that is why we love them as our brothers in both faith and humanity... as for France, it doesn't but they are still our brothers in humanity, but when it's attacked we feel sorry for it even though it's government is attacking and killing our brothers, we don't ignore their sadness like your medias do... This is as simple as that.

The Syrian people are under attack for more than FIVE years now! Not only that, but we know exactly because of which country they are in this situation!
And i'm not going to tell how many Muslims and Arabs died not only in the Syrian war, but in the Iraq war, Libya, Afghanistan, Somalia, Burma, You name it... The Muslim and the Arab blood is the cheapest blood today !!

As for France, it got some victims because of this false flag and yet we find all of this loudness...
-I have no problem with the Western media to share the tragic event this way but why don't they do at least the 10% media loudness about the Syrian people that they made about France ?
-When a western country gets attacked, our Arabian media make a big noise about it, so why yours doesn't care if we live or die ?
-Why when a European country gets attacked, all of the Muslims and Arabs apologizes for what the "Terrorists" (It could be a False Flag) did and we feel sorry for the European people and we go out to protest ?
-However the European people don't do the same thing for us while they know that their countries are destroying ours one by one ?
-Why the western people don't do anything to stop their governments which are creating terrorism by oppressing our Arab and Muslim children ?
-Why do they go out and vote for them while they call and care about human rights ?
-Why ? Why ? Why ???

You are living the best of lives, but what about us ? WHAT ABOUT US ?? What do you expect from us to do more than this ??????? Can you imagine what we have been through ?????? Can you imagine to see your whole family get killed and your house and your city completely destroyed ?????? Can you ??????

And you blame me to love the Syrian people more than France ? Are you crazy ?

TMGuide
11-18-2015, 12:29 AM
I think it's interesting to see many people wake up to these issues on social media, the double standards of the media in general. Social media is still media however what we tend to forget is that the algorithms can control what we see and what we don't see which is whats so dangerous on the reliance on social media for news. Which is where most people now days get their news. wallahu alam!

syed_z
11-18-2015, 02:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhmedGassama
You are living the best of lives, but what about us ? WHAT ABOUT US ?? What do you expect from us to do more than this ??????? Can you imagine what we have been through ?????? Can you imagine to see your whole family get killed and your house and your city completely destroyed ?????? Can you ??????

And you blame me to love the Syrian people more than France ? Are you crazy ?

Abu Musa Al Ashari (r.a) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) said "This nation of mine is upon where there is mercy; there is no punishment upon it in the Hereafter; its punishment is in this world - with trials, earthquakes and killings."

(Kitab AL Fitan by Imam Ibn Kathir)

DanEdge
11-18-2015, 05:32 AM
Greetings,

The West has more of a historical and cultural connection with France, just as many of you have a connection with Syria. The US and UK fought alongside France in the bloodiest wars in our history. So I think the difference of focus is natural and understandable. But that doesn't make it right. The picture posted in the Paris thread of the Pyramid in Egypt -- a tribute with the Lebanese, Russian, and French flags - this was very moving to me, and I think it portrays the right message.

--Dan Edge

Logikon
11-20-2015, 01:58 AM
Islamic militants Boko Harem kill hundreds - silence on this board.

Islamic State specificaly target Christians - silence on this board.

Search
11-20-2015, 02:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Logikon

Islamic State specificaly target Christians - silence on this board
Did you read the thread "Paris Attacks?" Majority of Muslims do not like or want the ISIS to exist and find their ideology abhorrent.

Boko Haram and their likes are abhorrent too; I'm new to the board. So, I don't know what discussions here usually take place or not; but believe me, when they such news is heard on television, radio, or Internet in my Muslim family home, we do shake our heads and wonder why the extremists say they are doing this under the banner of Islam.

Zafran
11-20-2015, 02:44 AM

Islamic State specificaly target Christians - silence on this board.
No they dont beirut bombings, the bombings in iraq are not exclusive to Christians. Yazids etc.

syed_z
11-21-2015, 02:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by najimuddin
What about the Taliban? According to the video below, the Taliban are one of the world's largest drug cartels.

This report states that they are so strong, even the US Marines can't do anything about the poppy fields that produce the Taliban's opium.

The US Marines have to tolerate the production of opium in Afghanistan because they don't want the population to turn on them because of the Taliban.

There is silence about that on this board.

The people of Afghanistan have nothing but opium to sell. The rulers and the forces that came to Afghanistan to provide democracy should've substituted the opium crops with other crops and commodities that would've helped their economy. But they never did, they didn't even succeed in fighting and defeating the Taliban which was the 1st thing they declared after 9/11.

Now obviously since nothing but opium grows and there is a lot of demand in the international market, what can the poor Afghans do? They have no other choice.

the story of Taliban is very different to what is happening in Syria and Iraq and other countries. The Taliban are local people and their support mainly is also local. They are a tribal society and the invaders in the history of Afghanistan have almost always failed to contain the local people like they were able to in other parts of the world. E.g. Britain tried conquering Afghanistan, but failed. USSR tries but failed and now NATO US is trying and 15 years down the road no hope of completely eliminating the Taliban.

So if US was attacked today by Russia, what would the Americans do? Apply the same theory to Afghan Taliban and you should get your answer.

ISIS is a different story. The Taliban are completely a different story!

syed_z
11-22-2015, 05:36 AM
You broke the silence. Nice. As a humble request, the next time you quote me, please include all the associated videos, links to reports and source material, illustrations, and captions of my post in their respective order.

By doing so, interested readers will get the full context of what you are responding to and will be able to appreciate your response better.

Thanks in advance.
Apologies if My response was incorrect and I didn't include my response in accordance to your post information. Forgive bro :)

I was just trying to discuss about Afghanistan. Please share more info and InshA'Allah I can discuss more :)

I actually have info that Taliban completely eliminated Drug trade when they took power in 1996 and United Nations also accepted that. Please feel free to discuss.

syed_z
11-22-2015, 05:58 AM
There's no need to apologize from your end. You did nothing wrong and your response was perfectly fine. It fit within the context of the discussion. My response to you was uncalled for and severely lacked adab. I am at fault and there is no excuse for my behavior. It is I who needs to apologize. Please forgive me.

hahah I love you for the sake of Allah :)

syed_z
11-22-2015, 06:10 AM
This is a good article that endorses Taliban's role in eliminating drugs from Afghanistan.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/may/20/taliban-destroy-poppy-afghan-opium

Logikon
11-28-2015, 11:42 AM
Nothing is more horrific than hundreds of innocent civilianskilled in cold blood as we saw in the terrorist attacks in Paris.
Not one day had elapsed, and the talk across the Muslimcommunities worldwide had already turned from showing solidarity to the victimsof Paris attack to talking about the "hypocrisy of the West" for notshowing equal sympathy to the regular attacks in Beirut, Syria and Iraq.

It isn't the terrorist attacks, but this ability to shiftthe discourse in a matter of hours that really represents the strength andsuccess of Islamic State and numerous other Islamist groups.

Hence, while it is true that of 1.6 billion Muslims in theworld a very small percentage takes up arms against the West, a largeproportion of Muslims throughout the world are unconsciously drip fed theIslamists' radical ideology of "Islam under attack" and "usversus them" notions.

It is not a surprise, then, that the Muslim world todaystands divided on whether groups like al-Qaeda, Islamic State, the Taliban andmany more represent a threat to Islam or to the West – hence resulting inreluctant condemnations arguing that such groups don't represent Islam.

Who does actually represent Islam is a debate that hascaused much bloodshed in the Muslim world in itself.

With each terrorist attack, the convergence of Islamistradical ideology with that of an average Muslim is growing and with thebackdrop of Iraq war, the mess in Syria and the unresolved Palestine issue,radicalisation is soaring.

The Islamist organisations thoroughly understand that theydo not carry popular support of Muslims, but they do also realise that theydon't carry popular resistance from the majority of Muslims either

Which has been noticed by many in the West. Which is why we come to these forums - Logikon

Restraint must be shown by the Western governments so as notto fall for the militants' scheme.

At the same time there is a need for the Muslims to cut the confusion and start taking Islamic State and other militant groups as the foremost threat to Islam – until such clarity is prevalent, groups like Islamic State will continue to breed

http://www.smh.com.au/comment/the-re...#ixzz3sThYIRzP

Search
11-28-2015, 12:35 PM
:bism:

My responses are in green!

Nothing is more horrific than hundreds of innocent civilianskilled in cold blood as we saw in the terrorist attacks in Paris.
Not one day had elapsed, and the talk across the Muslimcommunities worldwide had already turned from showing solidarity to the victimsof Paris attack to talking about the "hypocrisy of the West" for notshowing equal sympathy to the regular attacks in Beirut, Syria and Iraq.

Muslims all over the world feel both sympathy and empathy for both Muslims and non-Muslims dying senselessly. Period. Full Stop. Dot. That said, yes, some do feel that there is an extant hypocrisy, whether unintended or not.

It isn't the terrorist attacks, but this ability to shiftthe discourse in a matter of hours that really represents the strength andsuccess of Islamic State and numerous other Islamist groups.

I think what you say is interesting, and probably at least a little true.

Hence, while it is true that of 1.6 billion Muslims in theworld a very small percentage takes up arms against the West, a largeproportion of Muslims throughout the world are unconsciously drip fed theIslamists' radical ideology of "Islam under attack" and "usversus them" notions. Probably at least a little true.

It is not a surprise, then, that the Muslim world todaystands divided on whether groups like al-Qaeda, Islamic State, the Taliban andmany more represent a threat to Islam or to the West – hence resulting inreluctant condemnations arguing that such groups don't represent Islam.

Reluctant condemnations? Please wait a second while I roll my eyes. You're absolutely kidding, right?! Height of absurdity here to tell Muslims that they make "reluctant" condemnations. There is nothing "reluctant" about it; it is very real, and it feels heartbreaking that there even needs to be a condemnation as the ignorance of the terrorists and extremists in understanding orthodox Islam's position on their actions is superseded by ignorance of most non-Muslims about how Muslims really "feel" about the evil perpetrated. Also, whether you recognize it or not, you too are feeding into the "Islam under attack" and "us versus them" rhetoric with your post here. You know how the saying goes: "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." So, tell me: Are you going to be part of the solution or part of the problem?

Who does actually represent Islam is a debate that hascaused much bloodshed in the Muslim world in itself.

With each terrorist attack, the convergence of Islamistradical ideology with that of an average Muslim is growing and with thebackdrop of Iraq war, the mess in Syria and the unresolved Palestine issue,radicalisation is soaring.

"
Soaring"? What the? You know we can count the number of people to join groups like Daesh, right? And you do realize that they do not represent "soaring" numbers by any stretch of the imagination. Btw, do you have the market cornered on exaggeration, or don't you?

The Islamist organisations thoroughly understand that theydo not carry popular support of Muslims, but they do also realise that theydon't carry popular resistance from the majority of Muslims either

Define "resistance." Muslims worldwide condemning the actions as un-Islamic is not "resistance"? Islamic scholars bringing proofs to unequivocally show the actions are haram (forbidden) is not "resistance"? Muslims using social media as platform to show solidarity with non-Muslims is not "resistance"? Some European Muslims flying to fight on the side of the Kurds to fight Daesh is not "resistance"? Muslims exercising vigilance in their communities to ensure that authorities are information if there's a potential radical in their midst is not "resistance." OKAY, got it!

Which has been noticed by many in the West. Which is why we come to these forums - Logikon

Muslims are happy to welcome non-Muslims in their communities as brothers and sisters in humanity within their wider communities and on the Forums to meet one another with understanding and respect and unite with solidarty in times of hardship and tribulations, and yet the type of suspicion and shaming and blame game you play is not conducive for that purpose (at least in regards to your position). Think about you: Are you part of the solution or part of the problem?

Restraint must be shown by the Western governments so as notto fall for the militants' scheme.

At the same time there is a need for the Muslims to cut the confusion and start taking Islamic State and other militant groups as the foremost threat to Islam – until such clarity is prevalent, groups like Islamic State will continue to breed

http://www.smh.com.au/comment/the-re...#ixzz3sThYIRzP

Physicist
12-01-2015, 08:52 AM
I very much don't like definitions "radical islamists" for ISIS and "moderate muslims" for most of the rest.

Such definitions create a very wrong image about Islam.
Makes some to think that "moderate muslim" is just a soft version of "radical islamist".
To believe that secular control is needed to prevent "moderate" from turning into "radical".

That's why people, having such image in their heads, pushing Muslims to apologize for terrorists.
Which in turn very much annoying Muslims, since they don't feel any identity with terrorists.

What world really need is a good example of independent and peacefull Islamic State,
Sharia Law without abusing human rights, with the eviction as the maximal punishment for non-victim crimes like apostacy.

ardianto
12-01-2015, 03:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Physicist
I very much don't like definitions "radical islamists" for ISIS and "moderate muslims" for most of the rest.

Such definitions create a very wrong image about Islam.
Makes some to think that "moderate muslim" is just a soft version of "radical islamist".
To believe that secular control is needed to prevent "moderate" from turning into "radical".

That's why people, having such image in their heads, pushing Muslims to apologize for terrorists.
Which in turn very much annoying Muslims, since they don't feel any identity with terrorists.
The term "moderate Muslims" is referring to "Muslims in the middle" who interpret Islam not so strict and hyper literal like the puritan, but also do not separate religion from daily non-worship matters like the secular. One popular product of the moderate Muslims is sharia bank.

If government in the West use term "moderate Muslims" it's because which expected to co-operate to softening the radical are the moderate. The secular don't have power for it since they are not involved in Islamic teaching. But seem like people in the West regard the moderate and the secular as same.

Muslims who against ISIS in this forum are the moderate because the secular are not interested to join Islamic forum like this. :)

What world really need is a good example of independent and peacefull Islamic State,
Sharia Law without abusing human rights, with the eviction as the maximal punishment for non-victim crimes like apostacy.
Sharia province in Aceh, Indonesia, is created as the "moderate version of Islamic state". But the puritan refuse to recognize the law in Aceh as sharia because there's no hand cutting, there's no stoning, there's no punishment for apostasy. Whipping still implemented in softer version which the punished use protector.

The sharia law in Brunei Darussalam take reference from Aceh.

Physicist
12-01-2015, 06:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Sharia province in Aceh, Indonesia, is created as the "moderate version of Islamic state". But the puritan refuse to recognize the law in Aceh as sharia because there's no hand cutting, there's no stoning, there's no punishment for apostasy. Whipping still implemented in softer version which the punished use protector.

The sharia law in Brunei Darussalam take reference from Aceh.
Wow, thanks for reference, may be i will visit Aceh one day.

I don't understand, why those puritan thinks strict Islam is incompatable with softer punishments for victimless crimes?
Imagine, some rich muslim mecenates bought an island or a peace of desert and claimed it Islamic State. Everybody welcome to immigrate and participate in building the country if they are agreed to follow Sharia. But for victimless crimes, like adultery, apostasy, maximal punishment is deportation.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.