/* */

PDA

View Full Version : List of Islamophobic attacks since Paris Attacks

strivingobserver98
11-18-2015, 01:04 PM
America/Canada:

- Man in Joker Mask Vows to Kill 'One Arab a Week' Across Quebe.

- Islamophobes tore apart, dumped faeces on Quran at a mosque in Texas.

- Mosque vandalised in Omaha.

- Police shoot man who was threatening to kill Muslims in Oklahama.

- Muslim mother in Canada attacked and her Hijab ripped off outside of her children’s school.

- Mosque in Ontario set ablaze in suspected hate crime.

- Islamophobe sent voicemail to a mosque in Florida threatening to firebomb the mosque and shoot at 2 year old Muslim children.

- Threats to “shoot up a mosque” near Houston, Texas

- Islamic Center vandalized in Omaha, Nebraska

- Mosque fired upon in Connecticut

- Muslim student’s dorm room vandalized in Connecticut

Europe:

- Muslim family's home 'targeted' by petrol bombers in Northern Ireland.

- Muslim woman punched and kicked off a bus: http://www.islamicboard.com/world-af...ondon-bus.html

- Muslim cultural centre torched by thugs in Scotland.

- Muslim woman in hijab pushed into moving train: http://www.islamicboard.com/world-af...hed-train.html

- Muslim couple in Scotland violently attacked by mob of 15 citing revenge for Paris attacks in Scotland.

- Islamophobes in Germany break and loot shelter apartment of a Syrian refuge and draw a Nazi logo on the floor: https://youtu.be/qVZXV4svPX0

- EDL’s Karen Hastie posts dog excrement through Muslim neighbour’s letterbox.

- Muslim woman sat at the bus stop with her baby in the buggy when someone from a passing vehicle threw something at the bus stop and smashed the glass right next to her.

- Muslim mother with her baby pushed into middle of the road onto oncoming traffic in Leyton, UK.

- Man grabs a Muslim woman by the neck in Croydon, UK

- Muslim woman in Hijab verbally abused on a London train. She was told to "f*** off back to Syria because girls do not wear hijabs in England”

- A Muslim woman was attacked with a glass bottle outside Fulham Broadway station in London.

- A Muslim family in France received a note on their doorstep: "Exterminate all Arabs"

- A Mosque and Muslim shop in Oloron, France vandalised

- Large quantities of ‪‎Quran‬ and Islamic books thrown in Stepney Canal in ‪‎East London‬. Police managed to recover some copies of the Quran.

- 13-year-old Muslim child attempted to board TFL (‪‎London‬) bus. Bus driver shouts: "your a bloody Muslim get out the bus"

Australia:

- Australian Islamic college of Sydney defaced: "Islam is Evil"

- Frenchman who attacked two ‪‎Muslims‬ at Gold Coast hotel: http://www.islamicboard.com/world-af...ims-hotel.html

- 19-year-old Muslim woman attacked while praying in a public car park in Melbourne. Islamophobe grabs her head and pushes it into the ground while in sujood.

- In Melbourne, a grandmother with her granddaughter were narrowly missed being hit by a car after a bigot attempted to run them over.

And there are lots more!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BilalKid
11-18-2015, 07:10 PM
too many :heated::heated:

Abz2000
11-18-2015, 07:24 PM
Does anyone know if there is there a list of the unjust attacks against Muslims before the Paris attacks?
Would be useful in order to gain a wider understanding of what is happening, also the number of laws criminalising Muslims, then we'd also need to add to the equation the number of false flag attacks which preceded some of those laws and attacks

I'm pretty certain that a person taking all these events into account globally will come to the realization that there is no way other than accepting and submitting entirely to God's laws that will bring global peace, separation of those who accept the laws of God and submit to Him is the second option.
Please take a while to consider any other rational options and post below.

strivingobserver98
11-18-2015, 10:41 PM
Subhan Allah, I hope no one was injured!

Today, a Muslim woman sat at the bus stop with her baby in the buggy when someone from a passing vehicle threw something at the bus stop and smashed the glass right next to her!

‪Reading‬, Oxford Rd/Grovelands Rd 10:47am

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
TMGuide
11-19-2015, 05:02 AM
Subhannallah, May Allaah protect us! That's too many :cry:

eesa the kiwi
11-19-2015, 07:30 AM
may allah safeguard the muslims

GINGERBEARDMAN
11-19-2015, 09:56 AM
This is just what is reported in the media, the true figure is far, far higher than this. Islamophobic attacks are almost never reported either to the media or authorities.

strivingobserver98
11-19-2015, 01:44 PM
List updated with even more subhan Allah.

format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان
Threats to “shoot up a mosque” near Houston, Texas
This one I wanted to highlight, is just shocking.

strivingobserver98
11-19-2015, 03:39 PM
- Large quantities of ‪‎Quran‬ and Islamic books thrown in Stepney Canal in ‪‎East London‬. Police managed to recover some copies of the Quran.
Just happened today in East London.

strivingobserver98
11-19-2015, 04:43 PM
Just received this message,

"Salaam all, a sister in Leytonstone has just been attacked near McDonald's at 10am earlier on. Not a single person came to her help. Incidents like these highlight what sort of time we are living in. Inform your womenfolk to not leave the house alone unless they have to. It simply is not safe anymore. Please forward on."

Snow
11-19-2015, 06:06 PM
Just received this message,

"Salaam all, a sister in Leytonstone has just been attacked near McDonald's at 10am earlier on. Not a single person came to her help. Incidents like these highlight what sort of time we are living in. Inform your womenfolk to not leave the house alone unless they have to. It simply is not safe anymore. Please forward on."
Really sad.
Noone came to help an innocent person being attacked.

TMGuide
11-19-2015, 10:12 PM
Just happened today in East London.

This one it was the masjid who did that, I just heard that someone from the mosque was suppose to get rid of them and they thought this was a good idea. Clearly its not but Alhamdulilaah its not an Islamophobic attack.

Logikon
11-20-2015, 02:08 AM
A phobia is an unrealistic fear of something.

After all the Islamic violence, I have a realistic fear.

I have a fear of becoming a victim of the violent Islamic "minority".

I have a fear that Islamic violence will kurb my freedoms as authorities put new rules in place.

Search
11-20-2015, 02:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Logikon
A phobia is an unrealistic fear of something.

After all the Islamic violence, I have a realistic fear.

I have a fear of becoming a victim of the violent Islamic "minority".

I have a fear that Islamic violence will kurb my freedoms as authorities put new rules in place.

FUN FACT OF THE DAY:
You’re Much More Likely to Be Killed By Brain-Eating Parasites, Texting While Driving, Toddlers, Lightning, Falling Out of Bed, Alcoholism, Food Poisoning, Choking On Food, a Financial Crash, Obesity, Medical Errors or “Autoerotic Asphyxiation” than by Terrorists. (Source.)

DanEdge
11-20-2015, 08:09 AM
Add to the list:

- US Congress is passing a law that would make it virtually impossible to accept Syrian refugees. It requires that FBI/CIA employees personally sign of on each individual before they could be accepted. FBI Director says this is ridiculous and impossible. Obama vows to veto, but Congress already has enough numbers to override the veto.

- From my reading, comments on US and UK news sites (ABC, NBC, Fox, MSNBC, others) have become much more violently anti-Islamic. Al-jazeera as well. Comments on articles seem to be unmoderated. There are open calls for Dresden/Hiroshima-style destruction of ISIS territory, along with Saudi Arabia and Iran. Saudi Arabia seems to be the prime target aside from ISIS because of their implementation of Sharia.

--Dan Edge

Muslim Woman
11-20-2015, 08:35 AM
:sl::sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by TMGuide
This one it was the masjid who did that, I just heard that someone from the mosque was suppose to get rid of them and they thought this was a good idea. Clearly its not but Alhamdulilaah its not an Islamophobic attack.

I don't understand . U mean , out of fear mosque authority threw Quran in the river ??

strivingobserver98
11-20-2015, 02:17 PM
Muslim woman slashed with box-cutter as hate crimes spiral after Paris attacks

A MUSLIM woman was slashed in the face with a box-cutter within hours of a Jewish teacher being stabbed in the same town.
Race hate crimes appear to be spiralling in the wake of the Paris terror attacks as tensions rise against minority groups.

The woman, who was wearing a veil at the time of the attack, was punched then slashed as she left a metro station in Marseille, southern France.

Her attacker made comments about her religious dress.

She was taken to a nearby hospital with facial injuries.

At 8pm that night, a Jewish teacher was stabbed multiple times by a number of individuals who, according to French officials, made anti-Semitic remarks and expressed support for terrorism.

One was understood to be wearing an ISIS t shirt.

The French Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve condemned the assaults as "cowardly" and urged French citizens to remember the "values of the Republic".

In spite of tensions running high in France following last Friday's tragic events, President Francois Hollande has emphasised his country's support for Syrian refugees, even as many within the country and across Europe have been calling for a halt to the EU's refugee program.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...s-terrorism-EU

MuslimInshallah
11-20-2015, 08:08 PM
Assalaamu alaikum,

There have been some shocking incidents of Islamophobia, but we should also mention that there are those who speak out and try to stop these acts. I'm not sure how to imbed a video, but I'm going to give it a go (smile. Please help me if I'm not doing it right!). I found a couple of news clips about incidents that occurred in the Canadian city of Toronto. In one, a Muslim woman walking alone was attacked, beaten and kicked, and her headscarf forcibly removed. But the response from the community and the police has been to rally with her against the attackers. In another incident, two Muslim women in the metro (subway/underground) were being verbally and physically assaulted by three people. However, other people intervened, and the attackers fled. They are being sought by the police.

Yes, Islamophobia exists in Canada. I could tell you stories myself. But there are also a lot of good people. And I could tell you stories about them, too.

Please, let us not fall into the Shaitan's trap and find excuses to wrong one another.

May God, the Compassionate, Help us to restrain ourselves, that we may not become wrongdoers ourselves.

thttp://toronto.ctvnews.ca/suspects-s...bway-1.2665783

TMGuide
11-20-2015, 09:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman
:sl::sl:

I don't understand . U mean , out of fear mosque authority threw Quran in the river ??
You know how when you want to 'throw' the quran you need to burn it, well the masjid apparently wanted to 'throw' these away. maybe they were ripped, old wallaahu alam. Again its something I heard not sure if its really the case.

syed_z
11-21-2015, 01:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimInshallah
There have been some shocking incidents of Islamophobia, but we should also mention that there are those who speak out and try to stop these acts. I'm not sure how to imbed a video, but I'm going to give it a go (smile. Please help me if I'm not doing it right!). I found a couple of news clips about incidents that occurred in the Canadian city of Toronto. In one, a Muslim woman walking alone was attacked, beaten and kicked, and her headscarf forcibly removed.

Asalaam O Alaikum.... I agree with you sister...I have noticed something very important about North America I can at least, as I've never lived in Europe So I can't say about Western Countries.

We also need to look at the bright side of this. My friends are in Toronto and they were discussing this same incident on Watsapp. I informed them the same thing that this is an extremely minority of individuals who commit these crimes and they only comes out when Media reports excessively about a terrorist attack....

....these same millions of Muslims who live in Toronto or other parts of North America including USA do not get targeted everyday. So if you notice this is only happening when breaking news of a terrorist attack takes place...which speaks for itself that these individuals are looking for an opportunity to come out and strike...

Also I was discussing this same thing with my friends that why they targeted a female Muslimah with a Hijab? Why are all victims of the below listed attacks female Muslimahs ? Because when the weaker sex gets targeted the news spreads even faster and the scare in a Muslim community is also much larger and bigger!

...and so if Muslim males were victims in all the hate crimes listed below then the scare would not be very big, the psychological impact wouldn't be as big as it is now, especially when we spread the news of these attacks like fire ourselves on Social Media ....facebook twitter etc.

Consider this... in Peterborough, Ontario, Canada there was an arson attack in a masjid and subhanAllah the majority of Peterborough ppl came out and supported the construction of the masjid showing that majority isn't Islamophobic....

Peterborough mosque hit by arson reaches $80K crowdfunding goal

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...fire-1.3320488

Also one more thing to mention and I've personally noticed this that the 'Graffiti' against Muslims done in neighborhoods and mosque attacks, are isolated incidents. They are not happening continuously, they happen rarely as when such terrorist attacks take place. Suddenly there is a spike in them....

....and also these attacks are committed by who? No one knows, they're done by individuals who are never seen, who either do it in the night or from behind the scenes like threats made on phones are done from behind the scenes we don't know if they're actually Hate Crimes or no? Some hate groups who are extremely few individuals among the majority or some other Anti Islamic people could be paying some thugs to do this....

Consider this...I live in Texas (I've moved here)....despite months and months of planning by the hate groups to organize anti Islam protests through 20 cities in US, their protests failed because people did not show up....

JON RITZHEIMER’S GLOBAL ANTI-ISLAM RALLY WAS “A FAILURE,” SAYS SOUTHERN POVERTY LAW CENTER

Protests were planned in at least 20 cities across the U.S., as well a handful of cities abroad, but it appears most were, Beirich says, “a bust.”

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/...center-7740530

There was this only one protester outside a Mosque in US and even she was won over by a Muslimah with a Hug :) ... subhan'Allah

#Hugsmatter: ‘Hardcore’ anti-Islam protester puts down banners after hug from Muslim (VIDEO)

https://www.rt.com/usa/318694-hug-mu...man-protester/

So I believe and I can say this for sure about North America, that these "Hate Crimes" are actually not hate crimes, they are just isolated incidents of crimes committed against a community by individuals who are ignorant.....personally I would consider a hate crime if it was a majority committing.

I personally am very sure about Scandinavian countries also, Like Norway, Sweden, Finland, that even attacks over there are very isolated and done from behind the cover and if one analyzes those attacks ....we can notice easily that these are NOT hate crimes, because these anti Islamic ppl are extremely few....consider this...

In January 2015, Pegida sympathisers held their first rally in Oslo, Norway with around 200 protesters,[151] but this small support quickly collapsed to 25 and by February 2015 Pegida was facing 'complete failure' in Norway,[152] and in March was described by the Norwegian national broadcaster as in 'full dissolution'.[153] In neighbouring Denmark, around 200 protesters marched in the capital, Copenhagen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pegida#International

....25 or 200? Is that considered Islamophobic majority? Obviously no.....if majority in North America or the Majority of Western Countries was Racist and truly Islamophobic then atleast those protests should have ppl in the millions because this is a legal way of expressing their hatred.... but their numbers are extremely low...

The support of these protests indicate that racism hardly exists...now I'm not including Germany, France and Britian, because I honestly don't know much about them. But if someone can see the brighter side of this over there, please correct me.

Consider the Quranic pages in the river... we're thinking and assuming things to much... these are whispers of the Devils...

...so guess what brothers and sister... The Mainstream media creates a hype knowing very well that Ignorant Muslims would spread this on Social Media like fire....So we ourselves have started doing the job of Islamophobia for the media indirectly :(...

syed_z
11-21-2015, 01:48 AM
?ui2&ampik0359a61e86&ampviewatt&ampth15127ad32d698449&ampattid01&ampdispsafe&amprealattid1518411027120652288 1&ampzw -

Apologies for posting a big one....I got this msg on Watsapp from a brother in Canada, just wanted to share...

...in Texas we didn't have any such crimes AlhAmdulillah...

strivingobserver98
11-23-2015, 05:09 PM
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/...attacks-Muslim

MAN STABBED IN REVENGE FOR FRANCE ATTACKS BECAUSE HE’S MUSLIM
The 21-year-old was reportedly slashed while on his way to a petrol station.

He was left seriously wounded after being attacked near Norway’s capital Oslo by a man who allegedly asked him if he was a Muslim before he pulled out a knife.The stab victim said: ”I was alone. I was pretty sure I was going to die. I looked at my clothes, my leather jacket, my slacks, everything was covered with blood.””He took out the knife very slowly. That’s when I understood something bad was going to happen right there and then.

“He tried stabbing me. The knife didn’t hurt me but then he tried again with more force and the knife stood out of my body.”

The next thing the 21-year-old remembers is the alleged attacker standing over him asking “do you remember Paris?”.

strivingobserver98
11-23-2015, 06:41 PM
A woman in France had her headscarf ripped off and her hair cut off and was kicked in the stomach so that her baby died.
May Allah help her.

Inna Lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un.

Search
11-23-2015, 07:12 PM
:bism:

:sl:

A non-Muslim shot a bullet into the house of a Muslim family in Florida (Source.)

:wa:

BeTheChange
11-23-2015, 07:31 PM
Asalamualykum,

History repeats itself.

It's so sad to see, hear and read about the victiminsation of certain groups.

It always comes down to race, religion or gender.

We could progress a lot if we look beyond the superficial.

May Allah swt give us the ability to understand each other Ameen.

strivingobserver98
11-24-2015, 03:45 PM
May Allah protect us all.

Countries around the world report increases in hate crimes against Muslims since Islamic State attacks in Paris.

Many Mosques and Islamic centres in the US have been attacked and vandalised. In Connecticut, shots were fired at a Mosque and a university student had “killed Paris” written on the door of their room. In Texas, faeces and pages torn out of a copy of the Quran were thrown at a Mosque and similar attacks have been reported around the country.

In the UK, a report compiled by rights group Tell Mama, submitted to the British government and reviewed by The Independent, details that in the week following the Paris attacks, there were 115 hate crimes against Muslims in the UK, an increase of 300%. Most of the victims were Muslim women wearing traditional Islamic dress, between the ages of 14 and 45.

In France, a Muslim woman was slashed with a knife. In Canada, six hate crimes have been reported in Ontario including a Mosque being set ablaze and an assault and robbery of a Muslim woman in Toronto. Increases have also been seen in Scotland where 64 racially or religiously motivated crimes were reported, more than would be expected.
http://www.briefmedia.news/countries...acks-in-paris/

strivingobserver98
11-25-2015, 06:44 PM
A report sent to the government tomorrow will show a 300% increase in Islamophobic/anti-Muslim hate crimes in England since the atrocities committed in Paris last week.

115 cases of Islamophobic/anti-Muslim hate crimes have been reported. That is nearly 20 a day and a warning has been sent that these reported crimes are the tip of the iceberg, as many others have not been reported out of fear.

Most victims have been Muslim girls and women aged between 14 to 45 in traditional Islamic clothing, such as the hijab and niqaab. The perpetrators have mainly been white males aged between 15 to 35.

34 victims have been women wearing the hijab, while 8 involved young children.

Many of the victims said that no one came to their assistance or even consoled them, meaning that they felt victimised, embarrassed, alone and angry about what had taken place against them.

16 of the victims even mentioned that they would be fearful of going out in the future and that the experiences had affected their confidence.

strivingobserver98
11-25-2015, 06:55 PM
‪‎Islamaphobia‬ in Birmingham!

Written by a sister who went through this experience today....

So I decided to use public transport today - the worst mistake of my life till date. The 50 bus route from Moseley to the City Centre.
I encountered this vile specimen. The amount of abuse he said to me in his low tone gremlin voice was absolutely disgusting. How I'm supposedly a part of 'ISA' I think he meant ISIS, I've moved to his country and started terrorising them, I'm to blame for the bombings that happened in Paris, I'm making bombs and supplying them and Muslims want WW3.. He went on to say he hates me, is going to terrorise me, make my life difficult and that he's going to nuke me and bomb my country. The audacity on him to say I'm a scruff and I need a bath clearly he's never owned a mirror in his life This is just some of what he said. But all this didn't bother me. Not even in the slightest because this is what I expect from uneducated low life scruffy humans.

It amazed me how he spoke loud enough for me to hear and the woman seated opposite me but not loud enough for others to hear. Maybe verbally abusing someone 3x smaller than his size made him feel like a man and powerful, I don't know. The best thing I did was to stay calm, bite my tongue and smile at him.

However, the moment he started clicking his lighter at me and saying "watch what I'm going to do to you before I get off", made me think a little hard so to protect myself, I decided to get off 2 stops before I actually needed to.

All I'm going to say to my fellow Muslims especially hijabi sisters is to stay vigilant and keep safe because these people are everywhere. They are more talk than action but it's best to be safe than sorry.

Ohh & here is a lovely picture of the man who called me a terrorist, bomb maker, scruff, stupid Muslim and told me to have a bath.

Search
11-26-2015, 03:41 AM

Armed mosque protesters publish Irving Muslims’ home addresses

Search
11-26-2015, 03:47 AM

US Muslim forced off plane cites Islamophobia

MuslimInshallah
11-27-2015, 04:46 PM
Assalaamu alaikum,

(smile) I would like to give an update on the mosque arson in Peterborough (Ontario, Canada). Shaitan loves to divide us and encourage us to wrong one another... but we can resist this.

Peterborough synagogue welcomes Muslims displaced by mosque arson

'At the end of the day, it's a house of God,' says mosque president

CBC News Posted: Nov 27, 2015 7:22 AM ET Last Updated: Nov 27, 2015 8:16 AM ET

• The Qu'ran and other books are removed from shelves as congregation members clean up debris on Sunday after the only mosque in Peterborough, Ont., was deliberately set alight Saturday night. (Christopher Katsarov/Canadian Press)

1 of 5
A Muslim group in Peterborough, Ont., will kneel and pray today at a local synagogue, where they will be welcomed after their own mosque was damaged in an arson attack earlier this month that police are investigating as a hate crime.

"As Canadians we have to stick together," said Larry Gillman, president of the Beth Israel Synagogue, in an interview on CBC's Metro Morning today. "It's not about religion, it's not about race. Canadians do this."
The Masjid al-Salaam mosque was damaged in a fire set deliberately on Nov. 14, part of a wave of anti-Muslim crimes after the attack in Paris a day earlier. A firebomb was placed in one of the windows of the mosque. The resulting fire caused $80,000 in damage.
The Beth Israel Synagogue will host two prayer sessions for local Muslims and a potluck dinner today.
It's a partnership between Kenzu Abdella, the president of the Kawartha Muslim Religious Association, and Gillman.
As soon as Gillman heard about the fire at the mosque, he reached out to his synagogue's board of directors to find out about sharing space with the Muslim congregation. They voted unanimously in favour.
"I hope this can be some kind of small example to others," said Gillman.
Abdella wasn't sure what to think at first. "Can we be here?" he remembered thinking.

Larry Gillman, president of the Beth Israel Synagogue, invited Muslims into his synagogue in Peterborough, Ont., for prayer. (Beth Israel Synagogue)

"In the beginning, it was a shock," he said. "Within 24 hours, that changed. They walked to the mosque and told us that whatever we need, they will support us.
"Even though it came out of a tragedy, we are working together."
The invitation to the synagogue marked the first meeting between Abdella and Gillman.
Since then, Gillman has given a speech at the Muslim Institute of Toronto and his synagogue has become part of an interfaith group working to sponsor Syrian refugees to come to Canada.

Abdella said there are political differences between Jewish and Muslim groups around the world, but the two are not that dissimilar.
"We have more similarities than differences. We have so much common — the details of worship and the ceremonies. Even the stories we hear are similar," he said.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...rson-1.3338909

Pygoscelis
11-27-2015, 06:51 PM
I personally witnessed a local Sikh man (not even muslim!) wearing a turban being harassed yesterday evening at a grocery store. The lady kept scowling at him and then started muttering racial insults at him and something about Paris. I stepped in as did the cashier, which was nice to see. We must be united against such bigotry.

ardianto
11-27-2015, 10:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
I personally witnessed a local Sikh man (not even muslim!) wearing a turban being harassed yesterday evening at a grocery store. The lady kept scowling at him and then started muttering racial insults at him and something about Paris. I stepped in as did the cashier, which was nice to see. We must be united against such bigotry.
If she said something about Paris attack, it's clearly that she assumed that Sikh man is Muslim. Bigot?. She is an ignorant who think that every man who wear turban must be Muslim. Basically not different than ignorant Muslims in Niger who destroyed Christian churches as revenge to Charlie Hebdo without they knew that people behind Charlie Hebdo are not Christians.

Bigotry happened because ignorance. So we must be united to eradicate ignorance among people.

strivingobserver98
11-30-2015, 02:07 AM
May Allah make the situation of the Muslims easy. Ameen.

Muslim taxi driver shot on Thanksgiving in Hazelwood calls attack a hate crime

Pittsburgh police are investigating the Thanksgiving Day shooting of a Muslim cab driver in Hazelwood that the victim and leaders of the Islamic Center of Pittsburgh are describing as a hate crime.

The driver, a 38-year-old Moroccan immigrant who has requested anonymity out of fear for his safety and who has not been identified by police, said he picked a man up outside Rivers Casino at about 1 a.m. Thursday. During the trip to a residence on Second Avenue in Hazelwood, the driver said, the passenger began asking him about his background.

“He started the conversation and began to ask questions like, ‘You seem to be like a Pakistani guy. Are you from Pakistan?’ ” the driver said in an interview from his bed at UPMC Mercy, where he is being treated for a bullet wound in the upper back. “And I said, ‘No, I’m from Morocco. But I’m an American guy.’

“Then he continued the conversation. He began to speak about ISIS killing people. I told him ‘Actually, I’m against ISIS. I don’t like them.’ I even told him that they are killing innocent people. I noticed that he changed his tone and he began to satirize Muhammad, my prophet, and began to shift to his personal life. He mentioned that he has two kids and was in prison for some time.

“So it was this kind of stuff until we got to his destination. He asked me to wait for a little bit because he forgot his wallet in the house. I waited for just five minutes, I think, and I noticed that he came out of the house carrying a rifle in his hand. I noticed him coming toward me. I didn’t hesitate. I [made] a fast decision to leave and drove my taxi away because I felt he was going to do something. There is danger. He would shoot me or something. I felt like he had the intention to kill me.”

The driver said that as he sped away he heard a couple of gunshots, one of which blasted out the back window of his cab and struck him. The incident occurred between Flowers Avenue and Tecumseh Street, and he was able to drive a couple of blocks further to Mansion Street, he said, where he had to pull over. He then waved down a passing car and got someone to call the police.

He remains in UPMC Mercy in stable condition, the bullet still lodged in his back between his shoulder blades. He spoke with a detective at about 8 a.m. Thursday in the hospital.
http://www.post-gazette.com/local/ci...s/201511290154

Cold Lake Mosque hit by vandals, again

The mosque in Cold Lake, Alta., was scrawled with the words "Go Home" between Friday night and Saturday morning, police say — and it's not the first time that it has been vandalized.

The CIBC about a block away, also on 50th Ave., had "Catch me if you can" also written with an orange marker inside the ATM area.

Police are reviewing video from several locations and say they are looking at the incidents as criminal mischief.

Residents of the community — which is about 300 kilometres northeast of Edmonton — may have a sense of deja vu as the exact same words were scrawled on the mosque about a year ago along with other racist messages and smashed windows.

At that time, community members rallied around the mosque, coming together to clean the graffiti and offer support to Muslims in the area.

RCMP are asking for the public's help in solving these crimes.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...gain-1.3342228

Search
11-30-2015, 04:28 AM
^^^

:sl:

Alhamdhulilah wa shukrunllilah (thanks, praise, and credit, and gratitude to God), I haven't experienced any of "go [back] home" comments.

That said, I just "lurve" that some non-Muslims like to hurl so-and-so words at random Muslims?! Like seriously?! This is home, el stupido (angelic)!

:wa:

strivingobserver98
12-05-2015, 07:51 AM
27 Examples Of The ‘Unprecedented’ Spike In Islamophobic Incidents in the US

Protests/attacks on houses of worship
Meriden, CT (11/13/2015) — An assailant reportedly fired several shots through the wall of a mosque. Bullets penetrated three interior walls and struck in prayer areas. Fortunately, no one was in the facility at the time.
Dearborn, MI (11/15/2015) — A woman posted a tweet that read “Dearborn, MI has the highest Muslim population in the United States. Let’s f— that place up and send a message to ISIS. We’re coming.” Police responded by locating the woman who posted the threat, who later made a public apology.
St. Petersburg, FL (11/15/2015) — Just hours after the attacks in Paris, a Florida man left a voicemail on the answering machine of a local mosque that threatened to “come down” and “firebomb you and shoot whoever is there in the head.” The man, who left his name, also indicated that he would kill children, saying, “I don’t care if they are [expletive] two years old or 100.”
Portland, OR (11/15/2015) — Worshippers attending afternoon prayer at a mosque were met with protestors waving signs and t-shirts that read “JESUS SAVES FROM HELL,” and “Proud infidel.”
Pflugerville, TX (11/16/2015) — Vandals allegedly splattered the front of a mosque with feces. In addition, they littered the ground with pages torn from the Quran, also covered with feces.
Omaha, NE (11/16/2015) — Vandals reportedly spray-painted a picture of the popularized Eiffel Tower peace symbol on the outside of a mosque. The mosque has been subject to vandalism several times over the past month.
Fredericksburg, VA (11/17/2015) — A public meeting about a proposed expansion to an existing mosque erupted when some attendees began shouting anti-Muslim slurs and epithets. Video of the event shows one man bellowing “Every one of you are terrorists” and “Nobody, nobody, nobody wants your evil cult.”
Fort Bend, TX (11/18/2015) — A man was charged with making a terrorist threat after posting a message with the phrase ”I’m going to shoot up a mosque” on Facebook. He also posted images of himself with a handgun, ammunition, and a black military styled knife.
Falls Church, VA (11/19/2015) — A Virginia man was charged with leaving a fake explosive device at a mosque, as well as inflicting an estimated $200 damage to the mosque’s gate.
San Antonio, TX (11/20/2015) — A man in military fatigues was arrested for entering a mosque, cursing at worshippers, and wiping his boots on prayer rugs. A nearby school run by the mosque reportedly canceled classes in response.
Corpus Christi, TX (11/20/2015) — A letter sent to a local mosque reportedly included a cartoon depiction of Muhammad — an action offensive to many Muslims — along with the instruction “Convert To Christianity Before It’s Too Late!!!”
Irving, TX (11/21/2015) — A group of armed protestors in military fatigues protested outside a mosque, holding Ted Cruz signs and placards that read “Stop the Islamization of America.”
Lubbock, TX (11/24/2015) — Worshippers at a mosque said they discovered several lights broken and the front door of the building smashed overnight.
Lexington, KY (11/27/2015) — A Kentucky mosque reportedly received a death threat via email. Police responded by posting a guard outside the facility.
Hancock, NY (11/27/2015) — The FBI issued a warning to the Hancock police department that Arizona resident and notorious anti-Muslim activist Jon Ritzheimer had threatened to travel to the state and confront a Muslim group in the area. He reportedly posted a video of himself cocking a gun and threatening to go tell them to “go [expletive themselves] themselves,” while also encouraging all Americans to “carry a long rifle” everywhere they go.

Personal threats and attacks
Storrs, CT (11/15/2015) — According to Mass Live, a University of Connecticut student named Mahmoud returned to his dorm room to find his name crossed out and the words “killed Paris” scrawled across the door. The school is currently investigating the incident.
Cincinnati, OH (11/15/15) — A pre-med student at the University of Cincinnati told reporters that she was called a terrorist and almost run over by a man while trying to cross the street. She said that as she left a Starbucks after a night of studying, a man began honking, cursing, and calling her a terrorist before gunning his car toward her. She said three bystanders pulled her onto the sidewalk before the vehicle could run her down. According to CAIR, she was the third Muslim in Cincinnati harassed that week.
Orlando, FL (11/16/2015) — A gunman reportedly fired several shots into the home of a Muslim family in Orange County, Florida. The bullets penetrated the garage wall, and one was discovered in the family’s dresser in their master bedroom.
Charlotte, NC (11/16/2015) — An Ethiopian Christian Uber driver told local media that a passenger mistook him for a Muslim and then attacked him, punching him while he was driving. The passenger threatened to strangle and shoot him “right in the face” before the driver stopped the car, honking the horn to attract attention.
Norman, OK (11/16/2015) — An Oklahoma man allegedly called the police to say that he was dealing with mental illness and that he planned to attack Muslims, saying, “[I’m] going to go out there and just start shooting anything that looks like a Muslim after what they did to France.” When officers arrived, he was standing in the doorway holding a gun. When he refused to drop his weapon, officers opened fire and disarmed him. He is currently recovering in a hospital in stable condition.
San Diego, CA (11/18/2015) — A woman wearing a headscarf said she was shoved by a man while pushing a stroller, forcing it into her visibly pregnant belly. The victim told police she knew the perpetrator and that he had harassed her before.
Austin, TX (11/19/2015) — A Muslim woman told local news that she returned to her car after going to the gym to find a note that read “Go away!” The note was scrawled on a schedule from the gym, leading her believe that a fellow gym member wrote it.
San Diego, CA (11/20/2015) — A Muslim student at San Diego State University reported she was battered by a man who pushed and pulled her by her headscarf while making hateful comments about Islam.
New York City, NY (11/20/2015) — A postal worker was arrested on hate crime charges for spitting on two Muslim women, following them into a deli, and threatening to burn down their mosque. She was also called the woman “n**ger.”
Pittsburgh, PA (11/20/2015) — A cab driver reported that he picked up passenger, who proceeded to rant about Islam and ask the driver if he was Muslim. When they arrived at their destination, the passenger allegedly left to retrieve his wallet, only to return brandishing a rifle. The cab driver sped away, but the passenger reportedly fired two shots as he left — one of which shattered the back window, and another which struck the driver between his shoulder blades. He is currently recovering in the hospital.

Profiling at airports
Baltimore, MD (11/17/2015) — Four people of Middle Eastern descent were removed from a plane when another passenger claimed one was involved in “suspicious activity” — namely, viewing a news report on a smart phone. None of the passengers removed from the plane were charged with any crime.
Philadelphia, PA (11/19/2015) — Two Palestinian-Americans from Philadelphia (one of them a pizza shop owner) were told they couldn’t board a plane because another passenger was made uncomfortable when they started conversing in Arabic. They were eventually allowed to fly, but only after calling 911 and being held at the gate for 20 minutes.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...a-since-paris/

DanEdge
12-05-2015, 09:22 AM
Greetings,

That last post was disturbing. After the San Bernardino attack, I think it's very important to document any backlash in the US. I'll be looking out for any news, and would appreciate updates any of you find. I'd hate to see one of those markers on the map in South Carolina :(

Sincerely,

--Dan Edge

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.