/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 7 year old boy donates all the money in his piggy bank to the Masjid!

strivingobserver98
11-19-2015, 01:24 PM
In response to the Masjid that was vandalized in Texas this young boy donates all of his money! Bless him.

A 7-year-old boy recently donated all the money in his piggy bank to a Texas mosque that was vandalized in what police are saying is a hate crime, an official from the house of worship said.

The Islamic Center of Pflugerville was hit by a vandal who left torn pages of the Koran smeared with feces outside the entrance, police said. The vandalism was found early Monday morning by a congregant.

The young donor, Jack Swanson, went to the mosque that afternoon and handed over his money -- $20 that had originally been collected in the form of pennies over time, according to Faisal Naeem, one of the mosque's board members.

"Jack's $20 are worth $20 million to us because it's the thought that counts," Naeem told ABC News today. "Jack is just a little older than my son, Ibrahim. If we have more kind-hearted kids like them in the world, I have hope for our future."
http://abcnews.go.com/US/year-boy-do...ry?id=35291105

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
11-19-2015, 04:02 PM
:sl:

may Allah bless him .

LaSorcia
11-19-2015, 05:44 PM
Precious!

Pygoscelis
11-19-2015, 08:01 PM
Heart warming, encouraging, and adorable all at the same time. This is exactly the sort of thing I like to see when it comes to interfaith relations :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
strivingobserver98
11-19-2015, 11:16 PM
He got rewarded an iPad by the Muslim Community, heart warming :).

GOOD SAMARITAN UPDATE: "Dear Jack...You had saved $20 in your piggybank for an Apple iPad...But then a local Islamic mosque was vandalized...So you donated your $20 to this local Texas mosque instead...Because of your amazing generosity & kind heart...Please enjoy this Apple iPad with our sincere thanks...Love...The American Muslim Community"

lonewolf007
11-19-2015, 11:32 PM
oh my days thats totally cute masha'Allah, so sweet bless him :)

new2010
11-20-2015, 11:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
This is exactly the sort of thing I like to see when it comes to interfaith relations :)
I my humble opinion, people confuse good behaviour towards other believers or human in general with accepting their ideology. That are two pairs of shoes. I may have different views on certain topics, but when I am kind to another person of the 'opposite' belief that doesn't mean I have to change my viewpoint or accepted his. Just be nice to each other and the whole world will change!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.