/* */

PDA

View Full Version : One Minute Madrasah

Ridwaan Ravat
11-21-2015, 10:00 PM
Alhamdulillaah this is lesson one from the book : one minute madrasah.

This is a book complied by the late Pakistani scholar Molana Muhammad Akhtar (RA) and translated by madrasah Arabia Islamia. The book is concise so that it will not take up much time but it has some important messages.

May Allah help us put the knowledge into practice. Ameen

ONE MINUTE MADRASAH

LESSON 1

1) TRANSLATION OF NAMAAZ[1]
الله أكبر (Allahu Akbar)
"Allah is the greatest." In fact greatness only
belongs to Allah.

2) ONE SUNNAT
One of the Sunnats governing Qiyaam (the standing positionin Namaaz) is to stand facing the Qibla upright.The head should not be bent.[2]

3) ONE MAJOR SIN
Among the major sins with regard to which punishment has been mentioned is:
To laugh at someone belittling him.

4) THE HARMS OF SINS
Of the harms of sins that will occur in the world is that due to
the evil of sin one is deprived of the knowledge of Deen.

5) THE BENEFITS OF OBEDIENCE AND WORSHIP
One of the blessings of virtuous and pious deeds which is granted in this very world is that one will be granted Barkat (prosperity) in one's sustenance i.e. sometimes apparent increase also takes place and Barkat is always granted.
---------------------------------------
[1] Namaaz means salaah

[2] The head should not be bent means that the head should not be bent so much so the chin is touching the chest, however should have a slight bend so as to put the gaze on that spot which the head will have to be placed for sajdah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ridwaan Ravat
11-21-2015, 10:03 PM
ONE MINUTE MADRASAH

LESSON NUMBER 2

1) TRANSLATION OF NAMAAZ
سُبْحَانَكَ اَللّهُمَّ
"O Allah we express Your purity"

2) ONE SUNNAT
Yesterday we discussed that in Namaaz one should stand upright, facing the Qibla and not bend one's head.
Today’s lesson is that the toes should also be facing the Qibla and it is Mustahab that there should be a gap of 4 fingers between the feet.

3) ONE MAJOR SIN
Among the major sins one sin is: "To taunt someone".

4) THE HARMS OF SINS
One harm of sins in this very world is that sustenance decreases i.e. the Barkaat of Rizq goes away. Despite one’s sustenance appearing to be plentiful,very little benefit is derived from it.It may well be spent away in sicknesses, anxieties and wastage.
5) THE BENEFITS OF OBEDIENCE AND WORSHIP.
One of the benefits of obedience and worship is that various forms of Barkaat will descend from the sky on earth.

Ridwaan Ravat
11-22-2015, 02:38 PM
ONE MINUTE MADRASAH

LESSON NUMBER 3

1) TRANSLATION OF NAMAAZ
وَ بِحَمْدِكَ
"And praise be unto you"

2) ONE SUNNAT
The first Sunnat of Namaaz was
that one should stand upright facing the Qibla without bending the head.The 2nd Sunnat was that the toes should also face the Qibla.
Today's Iesson : The Takbeer-u-Tahreema (1st.Takbeer) of the Muqtadi (one following the Imam) should be said immediately after the Imam's Tabkeer-u-Tahreema. N.B. If the Muqtadi's Takbeer-u-Tahreema finishes before the Imam's then the following of the Imam will not be correct (Tahtaawie) [1].

3) ONE MAJOR SIN
Among the major sins for which severe punishment has been mentioned is: Calling a person by bad insulting name e.g. O blind one, O cripple or fatty etc.

4) THE HARMS OF SINS
One harm of sins in the world is that the sinner experiences a kind of terror [2] from Allah Ta'aala.

5) THE BENEFITS OF OBEDIENCE AND WORSHIP.
One benefit of obedience is that one is freed from all types of difficulties and worries and Allah Ta'aala grants salvation from every type of affliction.

-------------------------------
[1] This is extremely important many people tend to rush the salaah so much so that their 1st takbeer is completed before that of the imaam. One should rather wait until the imaam reaches the r/ raa on the word Akbar in the phrase Allahu Akbar before he starts his takbeer.

[2] The word terror here means fear, anxiety and all that comes with sin. The english meaning of terror which is extreme fear should not be confused here with the fear referred to in Taqwaa which is translated as fear of Allah and piety, because Taqwaa is achieved through good deeds and staying away from sins NOT by committing sins.

Ridwaan Ravat
11-24-2015, 03:48 AM
ONE MINUTE MADRASAH

LESSON NUMBER 4

1) TRANSLATION OF NAMAAZ
وَ تَابَركَ اسْمُكَ
"And Your name is blessed"

2) ONE SUNNAT

Two Sunnats of Qiyaam have been mentioned.The feet must face the Qibla.The Takbeer-u-Tahreema of the Muqtadi should be said immediately after that of the Imam.
Today’s lesson. While saying the Takbeer-u-Tahreema both hands should be raised up to the ears (This Sunnat is confined only to men)[1].

3) ONE MAJOR SIN

Among the major sins for which severe punishment has been mentioned is:
To think evil of others without a Shar'ee proof.

4) THE HARMS OF SINS

Of the harms of sins in the world is that one gets a feeling of fear for people particularly one fears the company of the pious even more and will be deprived of the blessings of the company of the illustrious servants of Allah.

5) THE BENEFTTS OF OBEDIENCE AND WORSHIP
One of the benefits of obedience and piety in this world is that objectives are made easy. Allah Ta'aala eases all tasks and aspirations are realized.

[1] The Sunnah for women when raising the hands for the takbeer - u - tahreema is that the hands should be raised up to the chest.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ridwaan Ravat
11-24-2015, 05:37 PM
ONE MINUTE MADRASAH

LESSON NUMMBER 5

1) TRANSLATION OF NAMAAZ
وَ تَعَالٰي جَدُّ كَ

"And Your Majesty
'is glorious"

2) ONE SUNNAT

Yesterday the following Sunnats of Qiyaam were discussed.
i) The Takbeer-e-Tahreema of the Muqtadi should follow immediately after the Imam's.
ii) The males should raise their hands up to their ears while saying Takbeer-u-Tahreema
Today's lesson: While saying the Takbeer-u-Tahreema, the palms should face the Qibla[1].

3) ONE MAJOR SIN

Among the major sins concerning which severe punishment has
been mentioned is: To look for the faults of others.

4) THE HARMS OF SINS

One of the harms of sins in the world is that the sinner will experience difficulties in most of his affairs.

One of the benefits of piety and obedimce is that by the Barkat of piety, life becomes a joy.It is clearly seen that kings also do not have such a joyous life as the pious servants of Allah.

[1] many males have their palms facing their cheek when make takbeer- u- tahreema . It should be known that this is incorrect.

Ridwaan Ravat
11-26-2015, 02:45 AM
ONE MINUTE MADRASAH

LESSON NUMBER 6

1) TRANSLATION OF NAMAAZ

وَ لاَ اِلٰهَ غَيْرُكَ

1And there is none worthy of worship besides You"

2) ONE SUNNAT

The Sunnats of Qiyaam which were discussed yesterday are:
i) The males should raise their hands up to their ears while saying Takbeer-u-Tahreema.
ii) The palms should face the Qibla
Today's lesson:The fingers should be kept naturally i.e.neither completely open nor tightly together but in their natural relaxed position.

3) ONE MAJOR SIN

Among the major sins concerning which severe punishment has been mentioned is:
To backbite about someone i.e.to talk in such a manner of him in his absence that should he hear it, he would dislike it.

5) THE BENEFITS OF OBEDIENCE AND
WORSHIP
One benefits of piety and obedience in this world is that rain fall,
wealth and children increase, trees bear fruit and the water in the rivers increase.

Ridwaan Ravat
12-01-2015, 08:58 AM
ONE MINUTE MADRASAH

LESSON NUMBER 7

1) TRANSLATION OF NAMAAZ
اَعُوْذُ
"I seek protection"

1) ONE SUNNAT

The two Sunnats of Qiyaam which were discussed yesterday are:

i) The palms should face the Qibla while saying Takbeer-u- Tahreema.

ii ) The fingers should be kept naturally i.e.not too spaced out nor colmpletely together.

Today's lesson:
iii) When folding the hands the inner palm of the right hand should be placed over the back of the left hand.

3) ONE MAJOR SIN

Among the major sins concerning which severe punishment has been mentioned is: To reproach somebody without justification

4) THE HARMS OF SINS

One harm
of sins in this world is that by sins the weakness of the heart occurs i.e. the courage to do virtuous acts keep on diminishing until it fades away completely. Since the body is dependent on the heart, it too becomes weak. It is for this very reason that though the Kuffaar appeared healthy and strong they could not stand in front of the Sahaba Radhiallahu Anhum.

One benefit of good deeds in this world is that Allah Ta'aala distances from the pious believers all evils and calamities.

Ridwaan Ravat
12-02-2015, 10:20 AM
ONE MINUTE MADRASAH
LESSON NUMBER 8

1) TRANSLATION OF
NAMAAZ
بِاللهِ
"With the help of Allah"

2) ONE SUNNAT

Yesterday the following 2 Sunnats of Qiyaam were discussed:
i) The fingers should be kept naturally i.e. not too spaced out nor completely together,
ii) While folding the hands the palm of the right hand should be placed over the back of the left hand.

Today's lesson:
iii) The males should form a ring around the wrist of the left hand by gripping it with the thumb and little finger.

3) ONE MAJOR SIN

Carrying tales i.e. causing Muslims to fight, by carrying tales from here and there

4) THE HARMS OF SINS
One harm of sins in this world is that a person is deprived of the ability (Taufeeq) to do pious acts until gradually all good deeds are left out by the evil of sins.

One benefit of good deeds and worship is that losses in wealth are replenished and greater recompense is received.

Ridwaan Ravat
12-05-2015, 05:29 PM
ONE MINUTE MADRASAH

LESSON NUMBER 9

1) TRANSLATION OF NAMAAZ
مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ
"from Shaytaan"

1) ONE SUNNAT
The 2 Sunnats of Namaaz which were discussed yesterday are:
i) While folding the hands the palm of the right hand should be placed over the back of the left hand

ii)The males should form a ring around the wrist of the left hand by grasping it with the thumb and little finger.
Today's lesson:
iii)The males should place the middle 3 fingers of the right hand over the forearm[1].

3) ONE MAJOR SIN
Among the major sins concerning which severe punishment has been mentioned is: False accusation i.e to wrongly attribute a fault to somebody.

4) THE HARMS OF SIN
One harm of sins in this world ist hat life becomes shorter and the Barkat of life disappears.

One of the benefits of virtuous acts and obedience is that by spending money towards the fulfillment of virtuous and worthy objectives, one’s wealth increases.

Ridwaan Ravat
12-07-2015, 02:58 AM
ONE MINUTE MADRASAH

LESSON NUMBER 10

1) TRANSLATION OF SALAAT

الرَّجِيْم

"Accursed".

The translation of

أعوذ بالله من الشيطان الرجيم
will be "I seek protection in Allah from Shaytaan, the accursed "

2) ONE SUNNAT

Tlie following Sunnats of Qiyaam were discussed yesterday;

i)The males should form a ring around the wrist of the left hand by grasping it with the thumb and little finger

ii) The males should place the middle 3 fingers of the right hand over the forearm.
Today's lesson:

iii) The males should fasten their hands below the navel [1].

3) ONE MAJOR SIN

Among the major sins concerning which severe punishment has been mentioned is: To deceive.

4) THE HARMS OF SINS

One harm of sins in this world is that one sin becomes the cause for another sin, thus sins become a habit and the giving up of sins becomes difficult.

One benefit of obedience in this world is that by the obedience of Allah, the heart is filled with peace and serenity. Incomparison to this, die contentment of the kingdom of the 7 continents is nothing.

[1] As for a female, she will place her right palm on her left palm on her chest.

Ridwaan Ravat
12-12-2015, 11:22 PM
ONE MINUTE MADRASAH

LESSON NUMBER 11

1) TRANSLATION OF SALAAT
بِسْمِ الله
"I begin with the name of Allah

2) ONE SUNNAT

Yesterday the following Sunnats of Qiyaam were discussed:
i) The males should place the middle 3 fingers of the right hand over the left forearm.
ii) The males should fasten their hands below the navel. Today's lesson

iii)To read Thana,i.e.
سُبْحَا نَكَ اللَّهُمَّ وَ بِحَمْدِكَ وَتَبَارَكَ اسْمُكَ وَتَعَالَى جَدُّكَ وَلاَ إِلَهَ غَيْرُكَ

3) ONE MAJOR SIN
Among the major sins concerning which severe punishment has been mentioned is.
To mock i.e. to cause person to fed ashamed of any of his sins or mistakes,

4) THE HARMS OF SINS
One harm of sins in this world is that by committing sins the intention of repentance becomes weak to such an extent that a person is completely deprived of the Taufeeq of making Taubah and eventually dies in this condition.

5)THE BENEFITS OF OBEDIENCE AND WORSHIP

Even one's children reap the benefit of obedience and worship, and such a person's children are also protected from calamities.

[1] Translation:

All Glory is due to YOU, O’ ALLAH! And all Praise is due to YOU, and YOUR Name is the Most Blessed, and YOUR Majesty is Highly Exalted and there is none worthy of Worship except YOU.

Ridwaan Ravat
12-12-2015, 11:22 PM
ONE MINUTE MADRASAH

LESSON NUMBER 12

1) TRANSLATION OF SALAAT
اَلرَّحْمٰن
"The Beneficent (Kind)"

بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ

would mean:

"I begin in the name of Allah: who is Most Beneficent".

2) ONE SUNNAT

Yesterday the following Sunnats of Qiyaam in Salaat were discussed.
i) The males should fasten their hands below the navels.
ii)Thana i.e., should be read.
Today's lesson:
iii) After the Thana Ta'awwuz [1] should be read.

اَعُوْذُ باِللهِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَنِ الرَّجِيْمِ

3) ONE MAJOR SIN
To be come joyful at the loss of another.

4) THE HARMS OF SINS
One harm of sins in this world,the evil of sins leaves one’s heart,then shame and modesty is also lost. Thus sins are committed openly and one is distanced from the mercy and forgiveness of Allah.

Hidden glad tidings are given on obedience e.g. good dreams. Thus the love and good thoughts of Allah increase,by which the Taufeeq of doing more good deeds takes place.

Ridwaan Ravat
12-22-2015, 03:12 AM
ONE MINUTE MADRASAH

LESSON NUMBER 13

TRANSLATION OF SALAAT
الرَّحِيمِ
"The Most Merciful"

بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ

would thus mean:

"I begin with the name of Allah The Most Beneficent, The most Merciful

2) ONE SUNNAT

Yesterday the Sunnats of Qiyaam in Salaat were discussed.

i) Thana should be read i e.
سُبْحَانَكَ اللَّهُمَّ

ii) The Sunnats of Qira'at, Ta'awwuz[1] should be read

Today's lesson :

iii) To recite Tasmiyyah
i.e., بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ
is Sunnat

3) ONE MAJOR SIN

Among the major sins concerning which severe punishment has been mentioned is: To Have pride i.e to consider one self to be superior and to regard others as inferior.

4) THE HARMS OF SINS

One harm of sins is that every sin is the inheritance of some of the enemies of Allah. So that it is as though this person becomes the inheritor of those cursed nations who originated that sin e.g. cheating in business by the nation of Madyan. In the Hadith it is mentioned that he who imitates a nation, will be reckoned amongst them. Therefore do not delay in repenting

By doing good deeds, at the time of death, the angels give glad tidings of Jannat ,the bounties that are found there[2] and of the pleasure of Allah Ta'aala.

[1] اَعُوْذُ باِللهِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَنِ الرَّجِيْمِ

[2] this means the bounties that are found there in Jannah

Ridwaan Ravat
12-23-2015, 02:03 AM
ONE MINUTE MADRASAH

LESSON NUMBER 14

1) TRANSLATION OF SALAAT'.
اَلْحَمْدُ
"All praises”

2) ONE SUNNAT

Yesterday the Sunnats of Qira'at in Salaat were explained:
i) Ta'awwuz should be read.
ii)To recite Tasmiyyah.
Today's lesson:
iii) Ameen should be said softly(1).

3) ONE MAJOR SIN

Amongst the major sins concerning which severe punishment has been mentioned is: To boast i.e. to show one's greatness

4) THE HARMS OF SINS

One harm of sins in the world is that a sinner loses status and becomes worthless in the sight of Allah Ta'aala Thus the creation also have no respect for him. Even though people might apparently honour him because of their greed (i e they want something from him or out of fear for him,however no one will have true respect for him Allah Ta'aala says: "He who Allah disgraces, there shall be none to honour him”

5} THE BENEFIT OF OBEDIENCE AND WORSHIP

The effect of some forms of obedience is that when one is uncertain about something, then by carrying out a particular form of worship all doubts and apprehensions will be removed and one will be guided towards that in which there is complete benefit for one. Performing Salaatul Istikhaara and thereafter making Dua is one such form of worship

Ridwaan Ravat
12-25-2015, 03:23 AM
ONE MINUTE MADRASAH

LESSON NUMBER 15

1) TRANSLATION OF SALAAT
لِله
"For Allah alone"

اَلْحَمْدُ لِله

would mean :
"All praise is due to Allah alone."

2) ONE SUNNAT

Yesterday two Sunnats of Qira'at were mentioned:
i) To recite Tasmiyyah

ii) To say Ameen softly

Today's lesson:

iii) To recite Surahs from Surah Hujurat to Burooj [1] in Fajr and Zuhr. In Asr and Esha from Burooj to Lam Yakun[2]and in Maghrib from Iza Zulzilat to An Naas [3].

3) ONE MAJOR SIN

Among the major sins concerning which severe punishment has been mentioned is: To abstain From helping those in need despite having the ability to do so.

4) THE HARMS OF SINS

One harm of sins is that the misfortune of sins not only affects the sinner but other creations as well, even animals curse the sinner.

5) THE BENEFIT OF OBEDIENCE AND WORSHIP

Some forms of worship have this effect that they result in Allah Ta'aala's taking upon Himself the responsibility of fulfilling the need of the virtuous person.
In a Hadith Qudsi it is mentioned "Son of Adam! Perform 4 Rakaats of Salaat for Me in the beginning of the day,and I will fulfill all your needs till the end of the day" (Tirmizi Shareef)

[1] Surah 49 - Surah 85
[2] Surah 85 - Surah 98
[3] Surah 98 - Surah 114

Note : the Surahs mentioned are known as the mufassal Surahs.
There are three categories based on their length viz; long,medium and short. There is a difference of opinion amongst the scholars as to which Surah is in which category.

Ridwaan Ravat
02-04-2016, 02:28 PM
ONE MINUTE MADRASAH

LESSON NUMBER 16

1) TRANSLATION OF SALAAT
اَلْحَمْدُ لله رَبُّ

"All praise is only for Allah, The Sustainer"

2) ONE SUNNAT

Yesterday the following Sunnats of Qira'at in Salaat were discussed:
i) Ameen should be said softly.
ii)In Fajr and Zuhr the Surahs from Surah Hujurat to Buruj should be read. In Asr and Esha Surahs from Surah Buruj to Lam Yakun should be read. In Maghrib Surahs from Surah Iza Zulzilat to Surah An Naas should be read.

Today's lesson:
iii) Lengthen the1st Rakaat of the Fajr Salaat.

3) ONE MAJOR SIN

Among the major sins concerning which severe punishment has been mentioned is:To cause damage to anyone's belongings.

4) THE HARMS THAT OCCUR DUE TO SINS

One harm is that sins cause the mind to become weak and the intelligence to diminish Commission of sins is proof of one's foolishness. If one's intellect were sound one would not disobey that Powerful Being who controls both the worlds Furthermore for the sake of the little enjoyment of a sin,one will destroy the benefit of Dua and one's hereafter.

Some virtuous acts have the effect that they cause Barkat in possessions. It is mentioned in a Hadith that if the seller and buyer speak the truth and disclose the condition of the goods then there will be Barkat for both of them in their transaction. (Bukhan and Muslim)

Ridwaan Ravat
02-04-2016, 02:29 PM
ONE MINUTE MADRASAH

LESSON NUMBER 17

1) TRANSLATION OF SALAAT,
اَلْعَالَمِينَ
''All the worlds"

الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ
would thus mean

"All praise is only for Allah,who is Sustainer of all the wodds.

2) ONE SUNNAT

Yesterday the following Sunnats of Qira'at in Salaat were discussed:

i) In Fajr and Zuhr, the Surahs from Surah Hujurat to Buruj should be read, in Asr and Esha from Burooj to Lam Yakun and Maghnb from Iza Zulzilat to Surah Naas should be read.

ii)To lengthen the
1st Rakaat of the Fajr Salaat.

Today's lesson:
iii) The Qur'an should not be recited too fast nor too slow but at a medium pace

3) ONE MAJOR SIN

Among the major sins conccming which severe punishment has been mentioned is To harm the reputation of a person.

4) THE HARMS OF SINS

One major harm of sins is that by committing sins one comes under the curses of Nabi Sallallahu alaihi wa sallam; for example Nabi Sallallahu alaihi wa sallam cursed the taker of interest, the giver of interest, the writer of the transaction and witnesses to it.He also cursed the thief,makers of picture,those who commit the sin of the people of Lut Alaihis salaam (i.e.homosexuality), those who vilify the Sahaba Radhiallahu Anhum etc etc If there was no other harm of sins then this harm is great enough that one comes under the curses of Nabi
Sallallahu alaihi wa sallam Naoozobillah

By obedience, religious leadership and prosperity remain intact.

Ridwaan Ravat
03-13-2016, 03:49 AM
ONE MINUTE MADRASAH

LESSON NUMBER 18

1) TRANSLATION OF SALAAT.
اَلرَّحْمٰن
"Most Beneficent"

2) ONE SUNNAT

Yesterday the following Sunnats of Qira'at in Salaat were diseased:
i) To lengthen the 1st Rakaat of Fajr Salaat.
ii) The Qur’an should not be recited too fast nor too slow but at a medium pace

Today's lesson: Sunnat.

iii) Only SurahvFatiha should be read in the 3rd and 4th Rakaats of Fard Namaazes

3) ONE MAJOR SIN

Among the major sins concerning whichseverepunishmentlias been mentioned is: Not showing mercy towards the young.

4) THE HARMS OF SINS

One harm of sins is that by committing sins a person is deprived of the Dua’s of the angels. Allah Ta'aala says in the Qur'an that the Angels make Dua-e-nughfirat (Dua of forgiveness) for those believers who follow the path shown by Allah Thus those who,by committing sins,have left the path are deprived.

By some monetary worship the anger of Allah is appeased and one does not die a bad death Nabi Sallallahu alaihi wa sallam has said that Sadqa (charity) cools the anger of Allah Ta'aala and saves one from a bad death (Timiizi).

Ridwaan Ravat
03-13-2016, 03:49 AM
ONE MINUTE MADRASAH

LESSON NUMBER 19

1) TRANSLATION OF SALAAT
اَلرَّحِيْمِ
"Most Merciful"

الرَّحْمٰن الرَّحِيمِ

would thus mean;
Most Beneficient, Most Merciful

2) ONE SUNNAT

Yesterday the following Sunnats of Qira’at in Salaat were discussed:
i) The Qur'an should not be recited too fast nor too slow but at a medium pace.
li) Only Surah Fatiha should be read in the 3rd and 4th Rakaats of the Fardh Namaazes.

Today’s lesson: iii) Takbeer should be said while proceeding for Ruku.

3) ONE MAJOR SIN

Among the major sins concerning which severe punishment has been mentioned is: Being disrespectful towards elders

4) THE HARMS OF SINS
One harm of sins is that disasters occur on the earth i.e.wind, water, grain, fruit etc. diminish. It can thus be concluded that th. e lack of Barkat which is happening daily is the result of our sins

One effect of worship is that Dua causes calamities to be deviated and virtuous deeds cause one's life to increase Nabi Sallallahu alaihi wa sallam said:"Predestined matters cannot be obviated except through Dua and nothing extends one's life except virtuous acts" (Tirmizi)

Ridwaan Ravat
03-13-2016, 03:50 AM
ONE MINUTE MADRASAH

LESSON NUMBER 20

1) TRANSLATION OF SALAAT

مَالِكِ
“Owner"

2) ONE SUNNAT

Yesterday these Sunaats of Salaat were discussed
i) Only Surah Fatiha should be read in the 3rd and 4th Rakaats of Fardh Salaat.
ii) Takbeer should be said while proceeding for Ruku
Today's lesson:
iii) in Ruku, males should grasp their knees with their hands[1]

3) ONE MAJOR SIN

Abstaining from helping the hungry and needy in conformance
to one's means

4) THE HARMS OF SINS

One harm of sins in this world is that by sinning one loses shame and modesty When shame is lost a person does the worst of things.

By reciting Surah Yaasin all work is accomplished. Nabi Sallallahu alaihi wa sallam said "The needs of a person who recites Surah Yaasin in the morning will be fulfilled (Daarami)

Ridwaan Ravat
03-23-2016, 05:48 PM
ONE MINUTE MADRASAH

LESSON NUMBER 21

1) TRANSLATION OF SALAAT
يَوْمِ الدِّينِ
"Day of Reckoning”

مَالِكِ يَوْمِ الدِّينِ

thus means " The owner of the Day of "Reckoning"

2) ONE SUNNAT

Yesterday these Sunnats of Ruku were discussed:
i) Takbeer should be said while proceeding for Ruku.
ii) In Ruku males should grasp their knees with their hands. Today's lesson:
iii) Sunnats of Ruku The male's fingers should be spread while grasping their knees.

3) ONE MAJOR SIN

Among the major sins concerning which severe punishment has been narrated is: To abstain from speaking to ones' Muslim brother for more than 3 days due to some worldly matter.

4) THE HARMS OF SINS

One harm of sins is that by the perpetration of sins the greatness of Allah comes out of the heart When the greatness of Allah no longer remains in the heart then this person has no respect in the sight of Allah It thus consequently occurs that this person becomes disgraced in the eyes of people and is discarded.

The recitation of Surah Waaqiah protects one from poverty Nabi Sallallahu alaihi wa sallam said:The person who recites Surah Waaqiah (every night) will never be affected by poverty. (Shu'bul Imaan )

Ridwaan Ravat
03-23-2016, 05:49 PM
ONE MINUTE MADRASAH

LESSON NUMBER 22

1) TRANSLATION OF SALAAT
إِيَّاكَ
"You alone"

2) ONE SUNNAT

Yesterday these Sunnats of ruku were discussed :
i) in ruku the males should grasp their knees with their hands.
ii) while grasping the knees the males should spread their fingers.

Today's lesson :
iii) in ruku the calves of the legs (i.e the section from the ankles to the knees) should be kept straight.

3) ONE MAJOR SIN

Among the major sins concerning which severe punishment has been narrated is : to make a picture of an animate object (something having life).

4) THE HARMS OF SINS

one of the harms of sins in this world is that by the Comission of sins, blessings are snatched away. Misfortunes and difficulties abound.

By blessings of imaan, one will be able to suffice on very little food. One person used to eat excessively. He accepted Islam and began to eat less. Nabi sallalhu alaihi wa sallam said " A believer eats in one stomach and a non believer eats in 7 seven stomachs, (Bukhaari).

Ridwaan Ravat
03-28-2016, 02:31 AM
ONE MINUTE MADRASAH

LESSON NUMBER 23

1) TRANSLATION OF SALAAT
نَعْبُدُ
We worship

إِيَّاكَ نَعْبُدُ

This means : We worship You alone

2) ONE SUNNAT

i) while grasping the knees the males should spread their fingers.

ii) in ruku the calves of the legs (i.e the section from the ankles to the knees) should be kept straight.

Today's lesson :
iii) in ruku the males should keep the back level [1]

3) ONE MAJOR SIN

Among the major sins concerning which severe punishment has been narrated is : To claim inheritance to somebody's property.

4) THE HARMS OF SINS

By committing sins, titles of respect and honour are snatched away, and titles of disgrace ate referred to e.g when a person performs tahajjud, he will be referred to as a person who is regular in his tahajjud, but if (may Allah forbid) he commits sins,then the same person will be referred to as a Faasiq (sinner),Faajir, Zaani (adulterer), Zaalim (oppressor) etc.

The blessings of some duas are that a person does not fear, that he will be afflicted with sickness and difficulties. It is mentioned in a Hadith that a person who when seeing a sick person or person in difficultly recites :

اَلْحَمْدُلله اَلَّذِيْ عَافَانِي مِمَّا أِبْتَلٰكَ بِهِ وَ فَضَّلَنِي

عَلٰي كَثِيْرٍ مِمَنْ خَلَقَ تَفْضِيْلاً

" All praise is due to Allah, who has kept me safe from that which He has involved you with, and He has granted me graces over most of those who He has created gracefully" then that calamity will never befall him.

NB. This dua should be read softly so as not to hurt the person who is afflicted

[1] The female salaah is different from the male salaah therefore As for a female, She should bend slightly(NOT AS MEN DO) to the extent that the fingers are able to touch the knees,the fingers should be kept together NOT spread apart.

Ridwaan Ravat
ONE MINUTE MADRASAH

LESSON NUMBER 24

1) TRANSLATION OF SALAAT

وَ إِيَّاكَ نَسْتَعِينُ

means : " And You alone we ask for help

2) ONE SUNNAT

i) In ruku the calves of the legs (i.e the section from the ankles to the knees) should be kept straight

ii) The males should keep the back level

Today's lesson :
iii) Sunnats of ruku : The head and the lower back of the males should be in a straight line. [1]

3) ONE MAJOR SIN

Among the major sins concerning which severe punishment has been narrated is : To beg inspite of being healthy.

4) THE HARMS OF SINS

By committing sins, the shaytaan overpowers him and easily drowns his limbs in sin.

Some duas have the blessings that worries are removed and debts are settled.
In the Hadith it is mentioned :

اللَّهمَّ إنِّي أعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْهمِّ وٓالحُزْنِ وَ أَعُوذُ بِكَ َ
مِنَ الْعَجْزِ وَالْكَسَلِ وأعُوذُ بِكَ مِنَ الْجُبنِ وَ

الْبُخْلِ وَأّعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ غَلَبَةِ الدَّينِ وَقَهْرِ الرِّجَالِ

Oh Allah I seek protection in You from worries and sadness and I seek protection in You from weakness and laziness and I seek protection in You from miserliness and cowardliness and I seek protection in You from overpowering debts and being overpowered by people.

[1] The female salaah is different from the male salaah therefore As for a female, She should bend slightly(NOT AS MEN DO) to the extent that the fingers are able to touch the knees,the fingers should be kept together NOT spread apart.

Ridwaan Ravat
ONE MINUTE MADRASAH

LESSON NUMBER 25

1) TRANSLATION OF SALAAT

إِهْدِنَا

Guide us

2) ONE SUNNAT

i) In ruku the males should keep the back level

ii) The head and the lower back of the males should be in a straight line. [1]

Today's lesson :
iii) Sunnats of ruku :
سُبْحَانَ رَبِّيَ الْعَظِيْمِ

3) ONE MAJOR SIN

Among the major sins concerning which severe punishment has been narrated is : shaving of the beard or shortening it to less than the length of one fist. [2]

4) THE HARMS OF SINS

By committing sins, peace of mind is lost. One fears all the time that somebody should not see him,and that he should not lose his respect; thus life becomes depressing.

Some duas are such that they Protect one from the evil eye of the creation. In the Hadith we have been promised protection by reciting Surah lkhlas,Surah and Surah Nass 3 times every morning and evening.

[2]Note : the statement of cutting the beard being a major sin is what the author , the late Muhammad hakim Akhtar sahib رحمه stated in the book. However according to the hanafi scholars one will be a faasiq for cutting off the beard. It is not a major sin. However to persist on a minor sin is tantamount to a major sin.The author took that view into consideration when saying that shaving the beard is a major sin.

And Allah knows best

Ridwaan Ravat
04-04-2016, 04:42 AM
ONE MINUTE MADRASAH

LESSON NUMBER 26

1) TRANSLATION OF SALAAT
اَلصِّرَاطُ

"Road”

اهْدِنَا الصِّرَاطَ

would thus mean: show us the Road

2) ONE SUNNAT

i) The head and the lower back of the males should be in a straight line. [1]

ii) سُبْحَانَ رَبِّيَ الْعَظِيْمِ should be recited at least thrice

Today's lesson :
iii) While getting up from ruku , the imaam should say :
سَمِعَ اللَّهُ لِمَنْ حَمِدَه
( Allah has heard him who has praised Him )
The muqtadi should say thereafter say ; رَبَّنَـا لَكَ الْحَمْدُ
Our lord, for you is all praise and the munfarid( person performing his salaat individually) should say both.

3) ONE MAJOR SIN

Among the major sins concerning which severe punishment has been narrated is : to adopt the dress of the non believers and sinners. [2]

4) THE HARMS OF SINS

By committing sins continually, that sin is embedded in the heart to such an extent that when a person is on his death bed,he is unable to recite the kalimah. Those actions which he used to do he does them now too, e.g a beggar passed away while begging and a sinner was urged to recite the kalimah, he said he was unable to do so and passed away in this condition. May Allah protect us.

By some forms of worship, needs are fulfilled e.g by performing salaatul hajaat and making dua , Allah ta'aala fulfills one's needs.

[2] The noble author Molana Hakim Akhtar (RA) has opted for this view. This should be understood carefully, this refers to those who adopt the dress code of the fusaaq,the fujjaar and the dress code of other religions which are a sign of their religion. These people in addition to adopting such dress,they abhor what is known as Islamic wear in a particular region.

And Allah knows best

Ridwaan Ravat
04-04-2016, 04:42 AM
ONE MINUTE MADRASAH

LESSON NUMBER 27

1) TRANSLATION OF SALAAT

اَلْمُستَقيْمِ
"Straight ”

إِهْدِنَا الصِّرَاطَ اَلْمُستَقيْمَ

would thus mean: show us the straight road.

2) ONE SUNNAT

i) سُبْحَانَ رَبِّيَ الْعَظِيْمِ should be recited at least thrice in ruku.

ii) While getting up from ruku , the imaam should say :
Our lord, for you is all praise and the munfarid( person performing his salaat individually) should say both.

Today's lesson :
iii) The Takbeer of sajdah should be said ; الله اَكْبَرُ

3) ONE MAJOR SIN

Among the major sins concerning which severe punishment has been narrated is: For men to imitate the dressing of women.

4) THE HARMS OF SINS

By sinning one loses hope in the mercy of Allah Ta'aala, thus one does not make Tauba and dies in this condition. A person was urged to recite the Kalima. He said "What benefit will there be in this Kalima, I have not performed any Salaat" Thereafter he died.
May Allah save us.

By the Barkat of Imaan and righteous deeds Allah Ta'aala becomes the helper and friend of such people

Ridwaan Ravat
04-04-2016, 04:43 AM
ONE MINUTE MADRASAH

LESSON NUMBER 28

1) TRANSLATION OF SALAAT

صِّرَاطَ اللَّذِيْنَ

means: "The road of those"

2) ONE SUNNAT

i) While getting up from ruku , the imaam should say :

ii) The Takbeer of sajdah should be said ; الله اَكْبَرُ

iii) Today's lesson :
The knees should first be placed upon the ground (while proceeding to sajdah)

3) ONE MAJOR SIN

Among the major sins concerning which severe punishment has been narrated is: for women to imitate the dress of men.

4) THE HARMS OF SINS

By committing a sin a black dot appears on the heart. By making tawbah it disappears otherwise it keeps on increasing and this causes the ability to accept the truth to leave one.

The angels are ordered to strengthen the hearts of those who embrace Islaam and do good deeds and to keep them steadfast.

Ridwaan Ravat
04-05-2016, 04:19 AM
ONE MINUTE MADRASAH

LESSON NUMBER 29

1) TRANSLATION OF SALAAT

اَنْعَمْتَ
Means: "You have favoured"

2) ONE SUNNAT

i) One should recite the Takbeer of sajdah while proceeding for sajdah

ii) The knees should first be placed upon the ground (while proceeding to sajdah)

iii) Today's lesson : Thereafter the palms should be placed

3) ONE MAJOR SIN

Among the major sins concerning which severe punishment has been narrated is: to commit fornication / adultery.

4) THE HARMS OF SINS

By committing sins one becomes attracted to the world and dislikes the hereafter which causes one to become heavily involved in worldly things. Hence matters concerning the hereafter are disregarded.

People of perfect faith are granted genuine respect Allah Ta'alaa.

Ridwaan Ravat
04-05-2016, 04:19 AM
ONE MINUTE MADRASAH

LESSON NUMBER 30

1) TRANSLATION OF SALAAT

عَلَيْهِمْ
Means : upon them

اَلّذِيْنَ اَنْعَمْتَ عَلَيْهِمْ
Thus Means: "Of those people on who You bestowed favours "

2) ONE SUNNAT

i) While proceeding to sajdah
The knees should first be placed upon the ground

ii) The two hands should be placed

Today's lesson:
iii) The nose should be placed.

3) ONE MAJOR SIN

Among the major sins concerning which severe punishment has been narrated is: to steal.

4) THE HARMS OF SINS

By sinning, Allah Ta'alaa's anger descends.

By the blessing of Imaan and obedience , Allah (Ta'alaa) raises the status. (Of such people)

Ridwaan Ravat
04-07-2016, 02:02 AM
ONE MINUTE MADRASAH

LESSON NUMBER 31

1) TRANSLATION OF SALAAT

عَلَيْهِمْ غَيْرِ الْمَغْضُوبِ عَلَيْهِمْ

Means : " not the road of those people on whom Your anger is."

2) ONE SUNNAT

i) The hands should be placed on the ground

ii) The nose should be placed

Today's lesson:
iii) thereafter the forehead should be placed

3) ONE MAJOR SIN

Among the major sins concerning which severe punishment has been narrated is: kidnapping or highway robbery

4) THE HARMS OF SINS

Through sinning, conviction of the heart and firmness on deen goes away.

By the barakaat of Imaan and obedience , Allah places the love of the obedient person in the hearts of the creation and he (the obedient person) becomes accepted on the ground (on the earth) i.e amongst the people.

Ridwaan Ravat
04-09-2016, 03:12 AM
ONE MINUTE MADRASAH

LESSON NUMBER 32

1) TRANSLATION OF SALAAT

وَ لاَ الضَّالِينَ
Means : "And not the road of those who Have gone astray. "

2) ONE SUNNAT

i) The nose should be placed

ii) then the forehead

Today's lesson:
iii) Sunnats of sajdah : to make sajdah between the hands, i.e to place the head between the two palms l

3) ONE MAJOR SIN

Among the major sins concerning which severe punishment has been narrated is: to give false evidence.

4) THE HARMS OF SINS

By sinning, it often happens that the benefit of obedience and worship are lost.

The Quran is a source of guidance and cure for those believers who do righteous deeds.

Ridwaan Ravat
04-10-2016, 03:44 AM
ONE MINUTE MADRASAH

LESSON NUMBER 33

1) TRANSLATION OF SALAAT

قُلْ
Means : "say"

2) ONE SUNNAT

i) The forehead should be placed on the ground.

ii) Sunnats of sajdah : Sajdah should be made between the two hands.

Today's lesson:
iii) In sajdah, the males should keep their stomachs separate from their thighs.[1]

3) ONE MAJOR SIN

Among the major sins concerning which severe punishment has been narrated is: to usurp the wealth of the orphans.

4) THE HARMS OF SINS

By acts of shamelessness and immodesty, plagues and strange new diseases spread which were not among the people of before e.g cancer, aids etc.

By being thankful, bounties increase.

_______________________________[1] As for a female, She should keep her stomach joined to her thighs and her arms to her sides.

Ridwaan Ravat
04-11-2016, 02:07 AM
ONE MINUTE MADRASAH

LESSON NUMBER 34

1) TRANSLATION OF SALAAT

هُوَ اللهُ
Means : "He Allah"

2) ONE SUNNAT

i) Sunnats of sajdah : Sajdah should be made between the two hands.

ii) In sajdah, the males should keep their stomachs separate from their thighs.[1]

Today's lesson:
iii) Males should keep their arms separate from their sides. [2]

3) ONE MAJOR SIN

Among the major sins concerning which severe punishment has been narrated is: disobedience of parents and causing difficulty to them.

4) THE HARMS OF SINS

By not giving zakaat,rains decrease.

The Siraat(bridge over jahannam) in the hereafter is the visible form of the siraatul mustaqeem (straight path) of this world. A person who remained steadfast on siraatul mustaqeem in this world i.e he lived his life in conformance with the shariat and the sunnat of Nabi صلي الله عليه و سلم , he will pass over the siraat in the hereafter correctly and safely. If you desire to cross the siraat at the speed of lighting, then adhere strictly to the shariat.

_______________________________[1] As for a female, She should keep her stomach joined to her thighs and her arms to her sides.

[2] As for a female, She should draw the limbs of her body close together and press them firmly without allowing any gap in between. She should also keep both her forearms/elbows on the ground.

Ridwaan Ravat
04-12-2016, 03:39 AM
ONE MINUTE MADRASAH

LESSON NUMBER 35

1) TRANSLATION OF SALAAT
اَحَدٌ
Means: "one"

قُلْ هُوَ اللهُ اَحَدٌ
Thus Means : " Say He, Allah,is one "

2) ONE SUNNAT

i) In sajdah, the males should keep their stomachs separate from their thighs.[1]

ii) While in sajdah the males should keep their arms separate from their sides. [2]

Today's lesson:
iii) keep the elbows away from the ground [3]

3) ONE MAJOR SIN

Among the major sins concerning which severe punishment has been narrated is: to take the life of an innocent person.

4) THE HARMS OF SINS
When unjust judgements are made and promises are broken, then enemies are given the authority over us.

On some forms of obedience eg. sabr (patience, perseverance) jannat has been promised. In a hadith ul Qudsi Nabi صلي الله عليه و سلم said that Allah says : " when I take the life of a beloved mu'min and with the hope of thawaab he exercises patience, then for him I have no reward besides jannat."

[2] As for a female, She should draw the limbs of her body close together and press them firmly without allowing any gap in between.

[3] She should also keep both her forearms/elbows on the ground.

Ridwaan Ravat
04-15-2016, 02:15 AM
ONE MINUTE MADRASAH

LESSON NUMBER 36

1) TRANSLATION OF SALAAT
اللهُ الصَّمَدُ
Means: "Allah is independent"

2) ONE SUNNAT

i) While in sajdah the males should keep their arms separate from their sides. [1]

ii) keep the elbows away from the ground [2]

Today's lesson:
iii) سُبْحَانَ رَبِّيَ الاَعْلٰى
Should be read at least three times.(in sajdah)

3) ONE MAJOR SIN

Among the major sins concerning which severe punishment has been narrated is: to take a false oath

4) THE HARMS OF SINS

By weighing and measuring less, drought, poverty and oppression from rulers occur.

Every action has a visible form in the hereafter. It has come to be known from a Hadith in Tirmidhi shareef that the tress of janaat are :
سُبْحَانَ اللهِ وَ اَلْحَمْدُ للهِ وَ لاَ اِلٰهَ إِلاَّ اللهُ وَ اللهُ اَكْبَرُ [3]

Pure are you, O Allah and All praise is for Allah alone. There is none worthy of worship besides Allah and Allah is the Greatest.

Thus the person who desires to have a great number of trees in his portion should excessively recite the above mentioned tasbeeh.

[1] As for a female, She should draw the limbs of her body close together and press them firmly without allowing any gap in between.

[2] She should also keep both her forearms/elbows on the ground.

[3] after checking two copies of the book the English translation doesn't coincide with the Arabic which only had و لا اله غيرك
So the Arabic إِلاَّ اللهُ وَ اللهُ اَكْبَر
Was added to be in conformity with the English. As this Hadith is known.

Ridwaan Ravat
04-17-2016, 02:06 AM
ONE MINUTE MADRASAH

LESSON NUMBER 37

1) TRANSLATION OF SALAAT
لَمْ يَلِدْ

Means: "He has no children "

2) ONE SUNNAT

i)While in sajdah the males should keep the elbows away from the ground [1]

ii) سُبْحَانَ رَبِّيَ الاَعْلٰى
Should be read at least three times.(in sajdah)

Today's lesson :
iii) To recite the Takbeer of Sajdah when getting up.

3) ONE MAJOR SIN

Among the major sins concerning which severe punishment has been narrated is to take a bribe

(4) THE HARMS OF SINS

By being disloyal, the heart will be filled with the fear of the enemies.

(5) THE BENEFITS OF OBEDIENCE AND WORSHIP

The visible form of Surah Ikhlaas in the hereafter is a palace. Nabi صلي الله عليه و سلم has said that the person who recites Surah Ikhlaas 10 times has a palace prepared for him in the hereafter. He who recites it twenty times, for him two palaces will be prepared ( to the end of the Hadith) (Daarami) . Thus, every individual who desires to have a great number of palaces in the hereafter should excessively recite Surah Ikhlaas.

[1] She should also keep both her forearms/elbows on the ground.

Ridwaan Ravat
04-18-2016, 02:43 AM
ONE MINUTE MADRASAH

LESSON NUMBER 38

1) TRANSLATION OF SALAAT
وَ لَمْ يُولَدْ

Means: "And nor is He anyone's child "

2) ONE SUNNAT

i) سُبْحَانَ رَبِّيَ الاَعْلٰى
Should be read at least three times (in sajdah).

ii) To recite the Takbeer of Sajdah when getting up.

Today's lesson :
iii) When getting up from sajdah first the forehead then the nose, then the hands and the knees should be raised - and to sit with ease between the two sajdahs

3) ONE MAJOR SIN

Among the major sins concerning which severe punishment has been narrated is to give bribes. When the situation is such that without giving a bribe one cannot be saved from oppression of the oppressor, one will not get the sin of giving a bribe. However to take a bribe is haraam in all circumstances.

(4) THE HARMS OF SINS

Love of the world and fear for death creates cowardliness and awe is removed from the hearts of the enemies.

In the hereafter, the visible representation of a continuous deed( sadaqtul jaariah) is like a Fountain. The one who desires to receive a fountain in jannat should give a lot of sadaqah, charity and lillah.

Ridwaan Ravat
04-21-2016, 11:10 PM
ONE MINUTE MADRASAH

LESSON NUMBER 39

1) TRANSLATION OF SALAAT
وَ لَمْ يَكُنْ لَهُ

Means " And there is not for Him"

2) ONE SUNNAT

Yesterday these sunnats of sajdah were discussed :
i) The takbeer of getting up from sajdah should be recited.

ii) When getting up from sajdah, first the forehead then the nose then the hands and then the knees should be raised and one should sit with ease between the 2 sajdahs.

Today's lesson:
iii) In Qa'dah (sitting posture between the two sajdahs) the males should keep their right foot up and let the left foot lie flat and sit on it. The toes should face the Qibla.

3) ONE MAJOR SIN

Among the major sins concerning which severe punishment has been narrated is to drink alcohol.

(4) THE HARMS OF SINS

Nabi صلي الله عليه و سلم said: When Allah Ta'aala decides to punish His servants then children begin to die in greater numbers and women become barren.

In the hereafter, the visible representation of Deen (religion) will be clothing. Thus the person who desires to receive beautiful clothing in Jannah, should stick firmly to Deen and Taqwa

Correction : In lesson 38 the correct sentence should of been Yesterday these sunnats of SAJDAH were discussed.
The word RUKU was incorrect

Ridwaan Ravat
04-24-2016, 02:01 AM
ONE MINUTE MADRASAH

LESSON NUMBER 40

1) TRANSLATION OF SALAAT

كُفُوًا اَحَدٌ
"Somebody equal"

وَ لَمْ يَكُنْ لَهُ كُفُوًا اَحَدٌ

Thus Means " And there is no one equal to Him"

2) ONE SUNNAT

Yesterday these sunnats were discussed :

i) When getting up from sajdah, first the forehead then the nose then the hands and then the knees should be raised and one should sit with ease between the 2 sajdahs.

ii) In Qa'dah (sitting posture between the two sajdahs) the males should keep their right foot up and let the left foot lie flat and sit on it. The toes should face the Qibla.

Today's lesson:
iii) Both hands should be placed upon the thighs.

3) ONE MAJOR SIN

Among the major sins concerning which severe punishment has been narrated is : To give alcohol to drink.

(4) THE HARMS OF SINS

By sinning Allah Ta'aala places anger in the hearts of rulers, they then punish their subjects severely.

The visible representation of Surah Baqarah and Surah Ale Imraan in the hereafter will be dark clouds which will give shade, or rows upon rows of birds.Thus,he who desires that on the Day of Qiyamat he should have shade should keep on reciting these Surahs.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.