/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Duas/ Prayers Please

LaSorcia
11-24-2015, 10:51 PM
We have a family member who is an atheist who is spending the week with us. We try to show hospitality, but sometimes there is so much rudeness. Mostly out of ignorance. At least there's been no active belittling of our faith this time! Need prayers for patience and peace. Thank you!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Search
11-24-2015, 11:29 PM
:bism:

In-sha-Allah (God-willing), sis, you and yours have patience and peace in your home.

In-sha-Allah (God-willing), our prayers will be with you too.

(Sighs.) I know it's difficult to have patience with unprovoked needling, sis, but from the insight into your personality from your posts, I know you are brave enough and sensible enough to handle the situation in the best way possible.

Take care, sis, and don't lose heart: In-sha-Allah (God-willing), you be the better person, as I already know you are.

format_quote Originally Posted by LaSorcia
We have a family member who is an atheist who is spending the week with us. We try to show hospitality, but sometimes there is so much rudeness. Mostly out of ignorance. At least there's been no active belittling of our faith this time! Need prayers for patience and peace. Thank you!

LaSorcia
11-25-2015, 12:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Search

In-sha-Allah (God-willing), sis, you and yours have patience and peace in your home.

In-sha-Allah (God-willing), our prayers will be with you too.

(Sighs.) I know it's difficult to have patience with unprovoked needling, sis, but from the insight into your personality from your posts, I know you are brave enough and sensible enough to handle the situation in the best way possible.

Take care, sis, and don't lose heart: In-sha-Allah (God-willing), you be the better person, as I already know you are.
Thank you so much, Search. I am sick with a sinus infection as well, so I am not as cheerful as I might be otherwise. I have been short tempered with my poor family. Trouble is, I'm Mom. They seem to think Mom does not get sick!

EDIT-What beautiful and encouraging words.

Search
11-25-2015, 12:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by LaSorcia
Thank you so much, Search. I am sick with a sinus infection as well, so I am not as cheerful as I might be otherwise. I have been short tempered with my poor family. Trouble is, I'm Mom. They seem to think Mom does not get sick!

EDIT-What beautiful and encouraging words.

Aww, sorry about the sinus infection.

Understandable.

Lol, all children think moms are Superwoman. Therefore, I hate to tell you, but they're right - lol - you can't get sick because (drumrolls) you're Superwoman! They believe you, Mom, can kill all germs with awesome super powers just as you do for them by giving them medicine and kisses - lol. (Winks.)

It's okay though, sweetheart: Just concentrate on getting better, and you can then bake 'em some cookies and they'll forget all about Mom not being as cheerful as she usually is.

Sure hope you feel better and have an awesome holiday weekend with your family and friends. Take care.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Search
11-26-2015, 11:59 PM

So, hi, sweetie! How are things going at the dinner today, this, Thanksgiving, that is?

No drama, little drama, or high drama? Lol.

You'll be fine; just stay strong. And stay patient, as a little patience will pay off in a big way once you're done.

And don't forget to take care of you too!

LaSorcia
11-27-2015, 01:07 AM
We are not having Thanksgiving dinner until tomorrow. This will give some of our relatives a chance to visit other family members. My brother is recently married, and he goes to his wife's family, etc.

It's been terrible, I'm afraid. imsad I'm trying so hard, I prayed for 1.5 hours this morning just on this issue. I don't like people picking fights in my home. Then I get stressed out and yell at the children. Then I feel so bad. Husband gets mad at family members for being so mean, but takes it out on me. I am trying to be patient and forgiving, but not succeeding very well right now.

Thank you so much for asking. It feels good to have a friend who cares, even a new one whom I don't know very well. My mother is a big support as well; she can pray enough for a whole church/mosque! She's old so she has practice and faith lol.

Search
11-27-2015, 03:52 AM

Aww, I'm sorry that it's been terrible.

(Hugs.) Feel better.

Hey, there's a specific Arabic dua (supplication to God) from the prophetic tradition that I use, which Masha-Allah (as God willed) always works for me to have and feel peace the entire day. In-sha-Allah, the dua (supplication to God) below works as beautifully for you too.

Transliteration of the Arabic:
Allahumma antas-salam waminkas-salam, wa ilayka wa ilayka yaudu salaam, fa hayinna Rabbana bi salaam, wa dkhilnal jannata bi-lutfika wa karamika wa judika daraka, Daras Salam. Tabarakta Rabbana wa talayt, ya Zhul-Jalai wal Jamali, wal Baqai wal Azamati wal Ikram. Ya Rabbana, Ya Rabbighfir warham wa Anta Khayrur Rahimeen.

Translation of the Arabic:
O God! You are Peace and from You comes Peace and to You returns Peace. Make us live in Peace, our Lord. Enter us into the Garden by Your Grace and Generosity and Presence. And Your abode is the Abode of Peace. Blessed and lofty are You, O Lord of Majesty and Beauty and Everlastingness, and Greatness and Bounty. O our Lord! O Lord forgive and have mercy, for Yours is the best of Mercy.
If you have trouble with pronouncing the transliteration, feel free to just use the English version since pronouncing the transliterated dua (supplication to God) as God understands all languages of all His creation.

Honestly though, apart from the dua (supplication to God) above, give yourself a break, sweetie! You're a human being, not a Heaven's angel! So big deal that you're not succeeding at being forgiving or patient right now! Doesn't mean you won't succeed, just means that right now you're having a little teeny hard time.

Sorry though about your husband taking it out on you, but I'm glad you recognize why he does it. I know it can't be easy, but you can do it!

One moment. One step. One moment and one step at a time, you can do it!

Also, try to concentrate on being here in the present, in the Now, with You, rather than any future, and take deep breaths and medidate about a place which immediately makes you feel peaceful (like beach, forest, hills) and stay there until you feel yourself release the tension inside of you. Whew!

You're trying your best, and that's what ultimately counts.

Neither raising children is no easy task nor preparing for guests is an easy task: So, go easy on yourself because no need for you to stress out about being stressed out - lol!

Lol @ your mother.

Take care, sweetie! Just smile: Studies show just the act of smiling, even a forced upburning of the lips, can release feel-good things in brain to make us chemically feel better.

Toodles. Nighty-night!

Search
12-03-2015, 02:24 AM

Bump-bumpty-bump?

Haha.

How are you, sis?

I told you I'd bump your thread one of these days, and (drumrolls) the day is today.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.