/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Jannah questions

acting233242
11-25-2015, 12:52 AM
So in this life i am obbsessed with acting and that life and more than anything id love to be in big movies and live that life, but in a good way can i be this in jannah? Also i see things where its says to get more tents or a palace in jannah you can do all the extra prayers but if you can have whatever you wish couldnt you just ask for a castle or palacs?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Search
11-25-2015, 01:14 AM
:bism:

:sl:

Bro, you can have anything in Jannah (Paradise); but we have to work in this life to earn that life.

For example, there's a farmer in a hadith (prophetic tradition) whose biggest pleasure lay in cultivating his land, and since Allah is merciful, he would give him that. So, yes, anything and everything is possible, including being a movie star in Jannah if that's your wish and aspiration.

Once the Prophet

was narrating (a story), while a Bedouin was sitting with him.

“One of the inhabitants of Paradise will ask Allah to allow him to cultivate the land.

Allah will ask him, ‘Are you not living in the pleasures you like?’

He will say, ‘Yes, but I like to cultivate the land.’

When the man (will be permitted he) will sow the seeds and the plants will grow up and get ripe, ready for reaping and so on till it will be as huge as mountains within a wink.

Allah will then say to him, ‘O son of Adam! Take here you are, gather (the yield); nothing satisfies you.’”

On that, the Bedouin said, “The man must be either from Quraish (i.e. an emigrant) or an Ansari, for they are farmers, whereas we are not farmers.”

The Prophet

smiled (at this). [Bukhaari, 3/39/538]
Bro, there are levels of Paradise; and what level of Paradise you're given is dependent on what you did in dunya (world). And whatever level is given to the person would be satisfying to him/her as everybody would be content with whatever has been allotted to him/her.

Well, if you don't want to do extra prayers and so on and so forth and want a shortcut, there's another way to get to the highest level of Jannah:

The Prophet

said, “No deed that will be placed on the scale of deeds [on the Day of Judgement] will be heavier than good character. Indeed, a person with good character will attain the rank of those with a good record of voluntary fasts and prayers.” (Sunan At-Tirmidhee: 2003)
Yes, I suppose you could ask Allah for more palaces and castles, but whatever is given already will create so much happiness that you'll be content as avariciousness will not exist in Jannah.

As for acting in this life (simply due to the nature of the profession), I wouldn't recommend it; as to that, I think you should probably consult an Islamic scholar on the matter to get a holistic perspective on the issue.

:wa:

format_quote Originally Posted by acting233242
So in this life i am obbsessed with acting and that life and more than anything id love to be in big movies and live that life, but in a good way can i be this in jannah? Also i see things where its says to get more tents or a palace in jannah you can do all the extra prayers but if you can have whatever you wish couldnt you just ask for a castle or palacs?

syed_z
11-25-2015, 03:55 AM
Asalaam O alaikum...

Acting is you entertaining others.... Jannah is about you being entertained and as a guest of Allah (swt).

The nature of the worldly things are fleeting.... they end with time. Nothing remains except The One, Who is Timeless (Ad Dahr). The obsessions of the world are temporary and so will last with this world....

It is said in the Quran and Islamic Traditions that some people in order to save themselves from the Trials of the hereafter could ransom if they owned everything there was on the earth, they would do it without a 2nd thought, but will not be able to..... So if the entire World/Duniya is not worth a moment of the hereafter....

...what is acting and becoming a movie star in this Duniya worth? Think my brother.

acting233242
11-25-2015, 10:07 AM
To mee its the ultimate dream not for money or such but to be apart of these movies, and worlds there beautiful amazing worlds, and to make people cry and happy, is it possible to be put in thay sort of world if anything is possible?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
syed_z
11-26-2015, 06:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by acting233242
To mee its the ultimate dream not for money or such but to be apart of these movies, and worlds there beautiful amazing worlds, and to make people cry and happy, is it possible to be put in thay sort of world if anything is possible?

InshA'Allah brother.... If Allah (swt) wills to give you then it can certainly happen.... Al Hamdulillahi Rabbil Alameen

Kiro
11-28-2015, 12:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syed_z
InshA'Allah brother.... If Allah (swt) wills to give you then it can certainly happen.... Al Hamdulillahi Rabbil Alameen
But it will appear a lot better to you though.

T L
11-28-2015, 01:19 PM
This is one of my favourite hadith

Hadith - Al-Tirmidhi #1570, Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah

Allah's Messenger said, "On the Day of Resurrection, when people who have suffered affliction are given their reward, those who are healthy will wish their skins had been cut to pieces with scissors when they were in the world."

"Before death takes away what you are given, give away what there is to give." Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Balkhī

Leave this world in the state that you arrived. Do not hang onto anything :)

Asalaam O alaikum...

Acting is you entertaining others.... Jannah is about you being entertained and as a guest of Allah (swt).

The nature of the worldly things are fleeting.... they end with time. Nothing remains except The One, Who is Timeless (Ad Dahr). The obsessions of the world are temporary and so will last with this world....

It is said in the Quran and Islamic Traditions that some people in order to save themselves from the Trials of the hereafter could ransom if they owned everything there was on the earth, they would do it without a 2nd thought, but will not be able to..... So if the entire World/Duniya is not worth a moment of the hereafter....

...what is acting and becoming a movie star in this Duniya worth? Think my brother.

syed_z
11-28-2015, 05:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kiro
But it will appear a lot better to you though.
Asalaam O Alaikum... :)

Yes, definitely. Everything that we experience over there related to this world will be much better.

syed_z
11-28-2015, 06:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by erucysae
his is one of my favourite hadith

Hadith - Al-Tirmidhi #1570, Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah

Allah's Messenger said, "On the Day of Resurrection, when people who have suffered affliction are given their reward, those who are healthy will wish their skins had been cut to pieces with scissors when they were in the world."
SubhAnAllah very nice. This hadith reminds me of a hadith, that there will be people on the Day of Judgment that even the Prophets and Martyrs would desire to have their ranks.

...imagine even Prophets begging for their ranks? They are the Awliya of Allah (swt), the true inheritors of Prophetic Knowledge.

JazakAllah for sharing hadith. I hope InshA'Allah we all can learn from them.

T L
11-28-2015, 10:30 PM
SubhAnAllah very nice. This hadith reminds me of a hadith, that there will be people on the Day of Judgment that even the Prophets and Martyrs would desire to have their ranks.

...imagine even Prophets begging for their ranks? They are the Awliya of Allah (swt), the true inheritors of Prophetic Knowledge.

JazakAllah for sharing hadith. I hope InshA'Allah we all can learn from them.
Subhan'Allah!
Also brother, I cannot pm you back, I'm a limited member yet until I make atleast 50 posts

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.