/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Change yourself before you Change the World

Ridwaan Ravat
11-25-2015, 04:50 PM
Once there was a king who ruled a prosperous country. One day, he went for a trip to some distant parts of his country.

When he was back at his palace, he complained that his feet were very painful, because it was the first time that he went for such a long trip. And the road that he went through was very rough and stony.

The king thought he had a brilliant idea. He ordered his servants to cover every road of the entire country with leather. Definitely, this would need hundreds and thousands of metres of cows’ skin. This would of course cost a huge amount of money.

Then one of his wise servants dared himself to ask the king, “Why do you have to spend that unnecessary amount of money ? Why don’t you just cut a little piece of leather to cover your feet ?”
The king was surprised, but after giving it some thought, the king agreed to follow his servant’s suggestion, to make a pair of ‘shoes’ for himself.

There is a valuable lesson of life in this story,(wisdom) In order to improve the quality of our lives sensibly, perhaps it is better to change ourselves – our attitudes, our hearts. And, not necessarily, the world.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
M.I.A.
11-25-2015, 07:46 PM
And so road tax was abolished.

...I'm kidding.

Alhamdulillah

They actually didn't warn him and Sinbad sent a millions pairs of shoes to the next kingdom.

....and road tax became a thing.

I'm sorry. Hope I got a smile out of you.

jameelash
01-01-2016, 06:11 PM
A good message in it.jazakullakhair

Eric H
01-01-2016, 06:21 PM
Greetings and peace be with you,

I thought the thread may have been about this story....

An old man was on his death bed, Someone asked him to give some wise counsel before he departed, the world he Said.

" When I was young I wanted to change the world and solve its problems, As I got older I realized that perhaps I should lower my sights, I thought I would be better served in changing my country as time went on I realized that people of country could not be changed. I decided to change the people of my town , but they also did not wish to change, When I reached my old age I thought I would try changing my Family, here also I found my endeavors go to waste, try as I might my family members would not change.

" Now that I am on my death bed, I have realized that if I had sought to improve myself, and removed my own defects, then perhaps my family members would have been influenced. Then seeing the behavior of my family people of my town would have been influenced. By seeing the spiritual change and improvement of the people of my town, the people of my country would have been influenced. And perhaps through the people of my country the world may have been influenced."
* Source Unknown.

I wish to change the world but I find it near impossible, to change myself.

Blessings,

Eric

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
azc
03-18-2016, 06:09 AM
^yes, I was also expecting the same story

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.