/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to convert to Christianity (URGENT!)

The-Deist
11-27-2015, 11:18 AM
Assalamu alaikum.

So i have been looking into Christianity and got interested.

The thing is I am starting ti feel like Islam is more of a burden then pleasure or peace.

What should I do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Search
11-27-2015, 11:36 AM
:bism:

:sl:

Hi, bro. (Btw, seriously not judging you, bro. Just want to understand and help.)

Hey, it is hard to counsel you when you haven't told you why you think it is a burden than pleasure or peace. So, why don't we start from then?

Then, we can kind of work our way to when you started first having these thoughts?

:wa:

The-Deist
11-27-2015, 11:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Search

Hi, bro. (Btw, seriously not judging you, bro. Just want to understand and help.)

Hey, it is hard to counsel you when you haven't told you why you think it is a burden than pleasure or peace. So, why don't we start from then?

Then, we can kind of work our way to when you started first having these thoughts?

I feel lie the praying and everything.

I feel like its just an obligation.

I don't feel probably any different while doing it than just hangin out with friends.

I don't have a spiritual connection to god.

And thats what I found in Christianity.

I know its a little corrupt.

And that is really my only problem.

But the thing is I don't like Islam either.

Search
11-27-2015, 11:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by StrivingforDeen
I feel lie the praying and everything.

I feel like its just an obligation.

I don't feel probably any different while doing it than just hangin out with friends.

I don't have a spiritual connection to god.

And thats what I found in Christianity.

I know its a little corrupt.

And that is really my only problem.

But the thing is I don't like Islam either.

I can understand that, bro. About the praying part feeling hard.

However, there's a good news: Something very similar was felt by a Companion r.a. and he came to the Prophet sallalahu alayhi wasallam and told him that the obligations of Islam were too much for him and to give him instead something easy which he can practice. And Prophet sallalahu alayhi wasallam advised the man to make zikr.

So, similarly, bro, if you are finding Islam too much, why don't you just do small zikr here and there? After all, trying can only benefit and absolutely no loss.

As to lack of spiritual connection to God, Prophet sallalahu alayhi wasallam also indicated to us from time to time we may feel too much spiritually low and the thing to do then is to ask Allah for a renewal of iman. Have you tried making that dua? Again, can only benefit.

I mean, you're here, asking for advice, right? So, that means you have doubts about what you think you might want to do.

Also, tell me about the spiritual connection you felt in Christianity.

Maybe I can help because, as my sheikh used to say, Islam is an ocean, and in order to get its pearls and gems, we have to dive.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
The-Deist
11-27-2015, 11:53 AM

I can understand that, bro. About the praying part feeling hard.

However, there's a good news: Something very similar was felt by a Companion r.a. and he came to the Prophet sallalahu alayhi wasallam and told him that the obligations of Islam were too much for him and to give him instead something easy which he can practice. And Prophet sallalahu alayhi wasallam advised the man to make zikr.

So, similarly, bro, if you are finding Islam too much, why don't you just do small zikr here and there? After all, trying can only benefit and absolutely no loss.

As to lack of spiritual connection to God, Prophet sallalahu alayhi wasallam also indicated to us from time to time we may feel too much spiritually low and the thing to do then is to ask Allah for a renewal of iman. Have you tried making that dua? Again, can only benefit.

I mean, you're here, asking for advice, right? So, that means you have doubts about what you think you might want to do.

Also, tell me about the spiritual connection you felt in Christianity.

Maybe I can help because, as my sheikh used to say, Islam is an ocean, and in order to get its pearls and gems, we have to dive.

I can't really describe the connection.

But it was something beautiful.

Peaceful and safe.

Abz2000
11-27-2015, 12:17 PM
Sounds quite funny actually, not as in funny-funny but ridiculous funny.
When people make the truth out to be a matter of choosing between sardines and mackerel where vendors are shouting bargains, or even tossing a coin.
Imagine seeing a person at a shop saying: i'd like a blue hat please, then the clerk pulls out a bunch of hats of different colours and starts presenting the blue ones, then he sees a bright red one and says i'll have that blue one because i like it and i have to get a blue one, then the bewildered clerk wraps it in a blue bag since the shop has different coloured bags for different coloured items.
Then he goes home and shows everyone and they tell him it's red.
But he tells them, stop being so obnoxious, they're my eyes and it's my mind and i have a right to choose what colour i see, and because they're all liberals, they all agree. Lol imagine a cop in such a land in pursuit describing a suspect......

God has given us an intellect for a reason, not so we say: this is the truth because i want it to be the truth, but so that we gather knowledge, think, then find the truth and accept it.

Or do they say, "He is possessed"? Nay, he has brought them the Truth, but most of them hate the Truth.
If the Truth had been in accord with their desires,
truly the heavens and the earth, and all beings therein would have been in confusion and corruption!
Nay, We have sent them their admonition, but they turn away from their admonition.
Or is it that thou askest them for some recompense?
But the recompense of thy Lord is best: He is the Best of those who give sustenance.

ardianto
11-27-2015, 01:11 PM
By the way, he sounds like an awesome lil bro! Just letting everyone know!
I know. So I hope no one judge him.

In Shaa Allah, I'll be back with a post.

Search
11-27-2015, 01:16 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
I know. So I hope no one judge him.

In Shaa Allah, I'll be back with a post.
In-sha-Allah.

greenhill
11-27-2015, 01:19 PM
Strivingfordeen... I get the name now...

Have you watched Jeffrey Lang 'the Purpose of Life' on YouTube? Watch it.

Islam is a burden if we want to follow the 'ways of the material world.'

In simple terms, islam encourages us to maintain the highest moral codes of conduct, to be moderate about things.

Its teaching is for humanity, not for individual, it is set up for the building of communities, not individual.

Just curious, when you say you looked at Christianity, you are referring to the bible or the Christian way of life? What aspects of Christianity are you referring

:peace:

The-Deist
11-27-2015, 04:07 PM
I havent really looked much in the bible. But my grandparents (moms side) are Christian

ardianto
11-27-2015, 04:51 PM
Assalamualaikum

I was born in a family that some of my maternal relatives are Protestant Christians. My relationship with my Christian relatives is always good. And just few months after I entered elementary school my family moved to a small city. Quality of schools in that small city were not good enough. But there was a good elementary school. A school that owned and operated by Catholic group from Franciscan order. So my parents registered me in that school. All of my teachers were females. Mostly were nuns.

I was a boy with 'difficult' personality in that time. Spoiled, and aggressive. I was easy to hit my friends just because little problem. I often fought. Of course I often punished by my teachers. Stood in front of class. However, my teachers also often invited me talk from heart to heart. Even sometime they came to my home at evening and gave me extra lesson. Later I turned into the better boy. I was not aggressive again and started to be loved by my friends.

My Catholic teachers gave big contribution in my personal development because they taught me love, they taught me care to the others, they taught me many things. Many things except one, Catholicism itself. Yes, whenever I remember them I always remember what mother Theresa has said that she just spread love, not religion.

That's why I always respect the nuns, whatever other people tell about them. Just like I always respect people from other religions too. I could see love in what those nuns have done. I could feel peace in what they have done. But, does it make me want to convert to Catholic?. No. I don't need to convert to Catholic because I can see love in Islam, I can feel peace in Islam too.

There is love in Islam. There is peace in Islam. But unfortunately this love and peace often hidden because incorrect method of teaching. We often taught to obey Allah, because if we don't, then Allah will punish us. But rarely we taught to obey Allah as act of grateful for the love that Allah has given to us. It make Allah look scary, not the love giver.

We often taught to give charity to the poor as obligation. But rarely we taught about charity as form of love to the poor and as form of grateful for what Allah has given to us. That's why we always feel hard to give charity. And when finally we give charity we urge Allah to give us sustenance dozens times bigger than charity that we have given.

But the worst is, there are many sheikh that use Islam as vehicle to carry their own agenda. Cultural agenda, political agenda, personal agenda. They never hesitate to use Islam to justify their agendas. It makes Islam often look confusing. Is Islam a religion or culture?. Is Islam a religion or political ideology?.

I will not judge you as weak in Iman just because you feel you have no connection with Allah, just because you don't see love and peace in Islam. Sometime I found case like this too. And I do not judge them.

To be honest, I am grateful because I learned Islam from teachers who taught me Islam through method of understanding that make me understand why I should do something, not method of indoctrination that makes me feel I should do something without understand why.

There are pearls in the ocean, but you would not realize it if you didn't know about pearl. There is love in Islam, there is peace in Islam. But you would not realize it if you didn't have love and peace in your hearts. So, try to grow love and peace in your heart, and throw out all hatred.

Notice yourself and try to realize how many blessing that Allah has given to you. Health, a home, opportunity to get education, etc. Can you see it as sign of love from Allah?. Then rebuild your connection with Allah again which based on love. Do salah because you love Allah, do zikr because you love Allah, not only because fear on hereafter punishment or only to get reward.

And do kindness to the others as form of grateful for what Allah has given to you. Feel a happiness when you can share a kindness to the other, and say Alhamdulillah.

This is what I always do. This is what make me can always feel the great love and peace in Islam.

:)

sister herb
11-27-2015, 05:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
There are pearls in the ocean, but you would not realize it if you didn't know about pearl. There is love in Islam, there is peace in Islam. But you would not realize it if you didn't have love and peace in your hearts. So, try to grow love and peace in your heart, and throw out all hatred.
Salam alaykum

Thanks for your wonderful post. This idea of pearls put me to think that to reverts sometimes it might be easier to understand the beauty and love in Islam because many of us have had to make hard work first to understand Islam, then to struggle to find information and knowledge (sometime in very hostile environment for reverts) and also we have had to make that deep diving to the bottom of the ocean to find the pearl. Without it we might never became Muslims.

AhmedGassama
11-27-2015, 05:27 PM
Be kind with him please, you need to understand his feelings before judging him...

Insaanah
11-27-2015, 08:05 PM
:salam:

As a reminder for us all, I'll restate the Islamic concept of God here:

There is only One God. He alone should be worshipped. He is our Creator, Sustainer, and Lord.

He does not beget, nor is He begotten. He has no sons, daughters, spouses, siblings, parents, cousins, or relatives of any sort.

He is eternal and does not die. He does not depend on anyone/anything yet we all depend on Him. He is free of all want and need.

There is nothing like Him. He is all Hearing, all Seeing, all Knowing, all Powerful, Incomparable, the Creator of the Universe.

He did not/does not, become flesh, dwell in human or animal bodies, nor are there any incarnations of Him.
He is not mixed up in His creation in any way.

He is not composed of persons, nor a trinity. There are no secondary, lesser, greater, equal, or multiple gods, nor any intermediaries. And no denying of God's existence either.

There are no sharers, associates, persons or parts whatsoever in His exclusive Divinity. Simply, He is One, in every sense.

As you can see, the concept is clear, simple, logical, makes sense, and befits the Majesty of God.

Islam is about worshipping the creator, not the creation. It is about knowing Jesus (peace be on him) as God taught, not as Paul et al taught. Islam literally means to submit and to surrender. It also means to enter into peace. The idea is that you’re in peace with someone when you’re not fighting or opposing them. Islam is to enter into submission before God and so to enter into peace with Him, the most Wise and all-Powerful, the One whose Will the whole universe obeys. This is what the purpose of true religion has always been and what every man of God has called towards. And this is the call of every person’s nature too, and the reason you consider good as good and bad as bad. Islam is therefore to enter into peace with your own nature too. The beginning of this submission, Islam, in its outward form is to submit to the truth that you know inside yourself, that there is only one God, and bear witness to it. Everything apart from the Creator is, like yourself, a created being and always in need of its Maker, and therefore unworthy of your worship.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All the prophets God sent to guide humankind taught that people the same message that God sent them to convey: that people should submit wholeheartedly to Allah and worship Him and Him alone, without any associates in, or parts to, His Exclusive Divinity, and to obey the prophet. They taught that people should be under no misperception that they can commit themselves to Allah as their Lord, and then combine this with accepting others as their Lord, or associating others in His Divinity, in whatever way. They taught that we should strive hard to translate our belief in the One True God into practice, by obeying Allah and the messengers He sent, who were also role models and examples for us, showing us practically how to put the guidance they were sent with into practice in our daily lives, explaining the scriptures, warning against wrong-doing, giving good tidings, and giving additional legislation from Allah.

So Islam is not a new faith, but is the same ultimate universal truth that God revealed to all the prophets, including Noah, Abraham, Moses and Jesus (peace be on them), and the same thing they all taught. Thus Islam is not named after a specific person (like Christianity, Buddhism), nor after a certain race or place (like Judaism, Hinduism), but is named by God Himself, the meaning loosely translating as 'submission to God', which is what every Prophet and their righteous followers did, from amongst all times, places and peoples. That in itself is one fraction of the evidence that it was the way of all the Prophets from the beginning.

With time, the message got forgotten or corrupted. So people started worshipping other gods along with Him, made idols, said that God begot a son, said that certain people were incarnations of God, some rejected belief in God altogether, while others elevated the status of some prophets to divine, or at the other end, rejected or blasphemed some of the prophets. Whenever God's message got distorted by people, or forgotten, a new messenger was sent, not with any new or changed message, but reinforcing the actual message that God sent all the messengers with, the actual core beliefs that people were taught from the beginning of humanity, confirming the true parts of previous teachings and scriptures, and correcting wrong beliefs and misconceptions that had crept in. God required that whenever He sent a new messenger, that messenger should be followed along with any new scripture given to him. This chain of messengers culminates in prophet Muhammad (peace on him), who is the last and final prophet and messenger. Since his prophethood, God's message is available unchanged and unadulterated, for the entire world, until the end of time. He wasn't sent as prophet and messenger for a specific group of people and specific time (e.g. as Moses and Jesus were to the Children of Israel), but he was sent for all the world, for all time, until the Day of Judgement. Thus he is the last, not first, prophet of Islam; a messenger to all mankind, for now, and for all time to come. He is the messenger who must now be followed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some people believe that there is a sense of overwhelming love, peace and joy and spiritual connection in Christianity, that is not found in Islam.

The sense of overwhelming love comes from this verse of the bible that is the missionaries' favourite:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3:16)

They say that it is an act of the ultimate love, that God gave His son, for our sins. However, one has to look not very deep to see what the verse actually implies. It shows a God who did not forgive Adam (peace be on him) for eating from the tree, punishes other people for a sin they didn't commit, cuts off his relationship with them, makes them fall out of His grace, and makes them born into a state of sin, and then has to beget a son (who actually is him) killed in a torturous death to repair all of that. This is injustice ascribed to God. Also it limits God power. You see, in Islam, we believe that God forgives. God forgave Adam (peace be upon him), and guided him, and has sent guidance for us all, and can forgive us all, freely, when we repent sincerely and ask sincerely, resolving not to repeat past mistakes, and does not expect perfection from us, but simply for us to worship Him alone without any associates, persons or parts to His Exclusive Divinity, and to not ascribe divinity to anybody or anything else, and to do our very best and try our very hardest with all our heart, body and soul, to love and obey Him and the messengers He sent. His Mercy opening the doors to salvation and paradise.

Forgiveness does not require any type of sacrifice by God, or any purchase price. It is actually denigrating to God's Power that He should not be able to forgive or remove sins without begetting a son and then sacrificing the son. It ascribes imperfection to God. This is not forgiveness, but atonement. One thing pays the price for another. Perfection is being able to forgive, freely, abundantly, at will. That is perfection. Islam recognises God's power to forgive with just His Will. Some of the other religions seem to claim that forgiveness requires a purchase price and if we can't pay it, somebody else has to pay it on our behalf. In Islam, forgiveness comes without a purchase price or sacrifice. We do not/cannot: buy, sacrifice for, earn or steal it. It comes freely when we sincerely ask for forgiveness and truly repent, accepting God's will.

In Christianity, you go to God through Jesus (peace be on him). In Islam, we have a direct connection to God, at least five times a day plus more. What is more closer ad beautiful than that.

The joy they feel comes from believing that Jesus (peace be on him) died for their sins, and anything they do in this world is for joyful thanks. However, none of us can say, "We are saved". This is what the Day of Judgement is for. We strive with faith and deeds and obedience to God, do our best, and trust in His Promise, and His Justice, and hoping for His Mercy.

For Christians, this may be hard. They believe that by accepting Jesus (peace be upon him) as their saviour they have an assurance of salvation, and view the Islamic position on salvation as being one of uncertainty. As a rough (not exact) analogy, the Christian position, is like one sitting an exam, but somebody has said they'll take all your bad marks for you, and if you let them do that, you'll pass. In the world, this would be viewed as cheating and as unjust. Injustice cannot be ascribed to God. The Islamic position is that of one sitting an exam, doing their best, and then awaiting their results, based on what they've done, and of course hoping for the mercy of God.

We strive, and hope for God's Mercy and trust in Him, for none is more trustworthy than He, but for Christians, it is as though they must have a guarantee from God. We need no such guarantee, and do not feel in any way compromised by not having one, which is a key point where, as demonstrated, they try to catch Muslims. None of us would have a guarantee of passing an exam until we got our results, and this is no different. What greater thing is there than Gods Mercy? We try our best and hope for His Mercy and trust in His Promise, no guarantees needed, as He is not a human who will let us down, or be unjust, on the contrary we will not be wronged by even the spot on a date stone.

Please, let us know if this answers any of your queries.

May Allah keep you and us steadfast on the straight path and strengthen our faith in Him, ameen.

KhalidDaPoet
11-27-2015, 08:22 PM
I'm going to be completely honest with you. And this may sound very logical but often people who practice any religion overlook it. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A PERFECT HUMAN BEING. Because of this I can't judge you. I wouldn't anyways. But what I can say is that even in Christianity you will find 'Christians' who don't practice their religion fully. You will find Christians who don't even understand the bible. Previously you said u haven't really read it that much. So quickly I will sum it up for you. The bible has been changed on a yearly basis. Verses are taken out and some created by bishops and placed in. Also, the bible calls Noah or (Nuh) a drunk. Now as a Muslim, we know all the Prophets (peace be upon them all) were the best of mankind. So why would u switch to a religion that degrades the very people who you should look up to as role models. Lut for example in the bible is told to have let the people rape his daughters and the angels. Now Islam believes very highly of him. So why switch? If it is because the book, Quran verse bible than your making a mistake. The Quran has scientific miracles as in the two seas not mixing.

Lastly, about the connection to Allah (s.w.t). The previous posts were right. It is something that goes up and down demanding on the opinion. Other opinions say that stays the same but ur worship goes up and down. Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) at one time had a group come to him and say we will become Muslim but we only can pray twice right now. What did he do? prophet Muhammad (pbuh) accepted their shahada's. So if it feels overwhelming that is normal. being a revert myself, I understand that.

The connection with Allah (s.w.t) takes time and patience. it doesn't come right away. Sometimes you will fall while other times you will feel like nothing can stop you. The dunya, the life we live in makes us feel like that. I have been their myself. So overall, if it is textual evidence. U know in ur heart that the Qur'an is from Allah while the bible isn't the word of God (or at least now it isn't). If it is ur heart and connection to God, it takes time. Try making small dhikr like one person said. Say Alhamdilah 100 times one day. and the next Allah Akbar the following day. Start small.

In sha' Allah I hope this helped.

OmAbdullah
11-27-2015, 09:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
:salam:

As a reminder for us all, I'll restate the Islamic concept of God here:

There is only One God. He alone should be worshipped. He is our Creator, Sustainer, and Lord.

He does not beget, nor is He begotten. He has no sons, daughters, spouses, siblings, parents, cousins, or relatives of any sort.

He is eternal and does not die. He does not depend on anyone/anything yet we all depend on Him. He is free of all want and need.

There is nothing like Him. He is all Hearing, all Seeing, all Knowing, all Powerful, Incomparable, the Creator of the Universe.

He did not/does not, become flesh, dwell in human or animal bodies, nor are there any incarnations of Him.
He is not mixed up in His creation in any way.

He is not composed of persons, nor a trinity. There are no secondary, lesser, greater, equal, or multiple gods, nor any intermediaries. And no denying of God's existence either.

There are no sharers, associates, persons or parts whatsoever in His exclusive Divinity. Simply, He is One, in every sense.

As you can see, the concept is clear, simple, logical, makes sense, and befits the Majesty of God.

Islam is about worshipping the creator, not the creation. It is about knowing Jesus (peace be on him) as God taught, not as Paul et al taught. Islam literally means to submit and to surrender. It also means to enter into peace. The idea is that you’re in peace with someone when you’re not fighting or opposing them. Islam is to enter into submission before God and so to enter into peace with Him, the most Wise and all-Powerful, the One whose Will the whole universe obeys. This is what the purpose of true religion has always been and what every man of God has called towards. And this is the call of every person’s nature too, and the reason you consider good as good and bad as bad. Islam is therefore to enter into peace with your own nature too. The beginning of this submission, Islam, in its outward form is to submit to the truth that you know inside yourself, that there is only one God, and bear witness to it. Everything apart from the Creator is, like yourself, a created being and always in need of its Maker, and therefore unworthy of your worship.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All the prophets God sent to guide humankind taught that people the same message that God sent them to convey: that people should submit wholeheartedly to Allah and worship Him and Him alone, without any associates in, or parts to, His Exclusive Divinity, and to obey the prophet. They taught that people should be under no misperception that they can commit themselves to Allah as their Lord, and then combine this with accepting others as their Lord, or associating others in His Divinity, in whatever way. They taught that we should strive hard to translate our belief in the One True God into practice, by obeying Allah and the messengers He sent, who were also role models and examples for us, showing us practically how to put the guidance they were sent with into practice in our daily lives, explaining the scriptures, warning against wrong-doing, giving good tidings, and giving additional legislation from Allah.

So Islam is not a new faith, but is the same ultimate universal truth that God revealed to all the prophets, including Noah, Abraham, Moses and Jesus (peace be on them), and the same thing they all taught. Thus Islam is not named after a specific person (like Christianity, Buddhism), nor after a certain race or place (like Judaism, Hinduism), but is named by God Himself, the meaning loosely translating as 'submission to God', which is what every Prophet and their righteous followers did, from amongst all times, places and peoples. That in itself is one fraction of the evidence that it was the way of all the Prophets from the beginning.

With time, the message got forgotten or corrupted. So people started worshipping other gods along with Him, made idols, said that God begot a son, said that certain people were incarnations of God, some rejected belief in God altogether, while others elevated the status of some prophets to divine, or at the other end, rejected or blasphemed some of the prophets. Whenever God's message got distorted by people, or forgotten, a new messenger was sent, not with any new or changed message, but reinforcing the actual message that God sent all the messengers with, the actual core beliefs that people were taught from the beginning of humanity, confirming the true parts of previous teachings and scriptures, and correcting wrong beliefs and misconceptions that had crept in. God required that whenever He sent a new messenger, that messenger should be followed along with any new scripture given to him. This chain of messengers culminates in prophet Muhammad (peace on him), who is the last and final prophet and messenger. Since his prophethood, God's message is available unchanged and unadulterated, for the entire world, until the end of time. He wasn't sent as prophet and messenger for a specific group of people and specific time (e.g. as Moses and Jesus were to the Children of Israel), but he was sent for all the world, for all time, until the Day of Judgement. Thus he is the last, not first, prophet of Islam; a messenger to all mankind, for now, and for all time to come. He is the messenger who must now be followed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some people believe that there is a sense of overwhelming love, peace and joy and spiritual connection in Christianity, that is not found in Islam.

The sense of overwhelming love comes from this verse of the bible that is the missionaries' favourite:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (John 3:16)

They say that it is an act of the ultimate love, that God gave His son, for our sins. However, one has to look not very deep to see what the verse actually implies. It shows a God who did not forgive Adam (peace be on him) for eating from the tree, punishes other people for a sin they didn't commit, cuts off his relationship with them, makes them fall out of His grace, and makes them born into a state of sin, and then has to beget a son (who actually is him) killed in a torturous death to repair all of that. This is injustice ascribed to God. Also it limits God power. You see, in Islam, we believe that God forgives. God forgave Adam (peace be upon him), and guided him, and has sent guidance for us all, and can forgive us all, freely, when we repent sincerely and ask sincerely, resolving not to repeat past mistakes, and does not expect perfection from us, but simply for us to worship Him alone without any associates, persons or parts to His Exclusive Divinity, and to not ascribe divinity to anybody or anything else, and to do our very best and try our very hardest with all our heart, body and soul, to love and obey Him and the messengers He sent. His Mercy opening the doors to salvation and paradise.

Forgiveness does not require any type of sacrifice by God, or any purchase price. It is actually denigrating to God's Power that He should not be able to forgive or remove sins without begetting a son and then sacrificing the son. It ascribes imperfection to God. This is not forgiveness, but atonement. One thing pays the price for another. Perfection is being able to forgive, freely, abundantly, at will. That is perfection. Islam recognises God's power to forgive with just His Will. Some of the other religions seem to claim that forgiveness requires a purchase price and if we can't pay it, somebody else has to pay it on our behalf. In Islam, forgiveness comes without a purchase price or sacrifice. We do not/cannot: buy, sacrifice for, earn or steal it. It comes freely when we sincerely ask for forgiveness and truly repent, accepting God's will.

In Christianity, you go to God through Jesus (peace be on him). In Islam, we have a direct connection to God, at least five times a day plus more. What is more closer ad beautiful than that.

The joy they feel comes from believing that Jesus (peace be on him) died for their sins, and anything they do in this world is for joyful thanks. However, none of us can say, "We are saved". This is what the Day of Judgement is for. We strive with faith and deeds and obedience to God, do our best, and trust in His Promise, and His Justice, and hoping for His Mercy.

For Christians, this may be hard. They believe that by accepting Jesus (peace be upon him) as their saviour they have an assurance of salvation, and view the Islamic position on salvation as being one of uncertainty. As a rough (not exact) analogy, the Christian position, is like one sitting an exam, but somebody has said they'll take all your bad marks for you, and if you let them do that, you'll pass. In the world, this would be viewed as cheating and as unjust. Injustice cannot be ascribed to God. The Islamic position is that of one sitting an exam, doing their best, and then awaiting their results, based on what they've done, and of course hoping for the mercy of God.

We strive, and hope for God's Mercy and trust in Him, for none is more trustworthy than He, but for Christians, it is as though they must have a guarantee from God. We need no such guarantee, and do not feel in any way compromised by not having one, which is a key point where, as demonstrated, they try to catch Muslims. None of us would have a guarantee of passing an exam until we got our results, and this is no different. What greater thing is there than Gods Mercy? We try our best and hope for His Mercy and trust in His Promise, no guarantees needed, as He is not a human who will let us down, or be unjust, on the contrary we will not be wronged by even the spot on a date stone.

Please, let us know if this answers any of your queries.

May Allah keep you and us steadfast on the straight path and strengthen our faith in Him, ameen.

Masha-Allah, very good explanation. It is perfect.

I just want to inform seriously and sincerely, that we all are obligated to accept Islam and follow it because Allah said clearly in the Holy Qur'aan that to Allah the only acceptable Deen (Religion) is Islam. It is only here in this world that we have freedom of choice. But along with that free choice we are clearly informed that Allah doesn't like kufar (unbelief in Islam) for HIS servants. Along with that Allah has informed us about the horrible chastisement in Hell which shall be everlasting for the unbelievers. So we must be sincere and merciful to our own self. Every one must realize that Allah is very Great and very Powerful to punish severely according to HIS Promises in all of the Divine Books. Quraan is the Final Heavenly Book and is unchanged for our guidance. The greatest pleasure that you can get is in the understanding and following of the Holy Qur'aan.

Woodrow
11-27-2015, 10:35 PM
As Salaamu Alaikum

One step at a time, take all things with careful thought. It is not unusual for a Muslim to be tried with much temptation to leave Islam. The second step is to take responsibility for your beliefs. Do not become a blind follower of anything. Always verify all things through as many sources as you can find. Too many people base their choice of religion upon emotional feelings, not belief. Search and make Du'a, Ask Allaah(swt) to guide you in your search. Learn why many non-Muslims leave their religion and revert to Islam.

Now, with that said, it is my Du'a that you will be sincere in your intentions, you will verify all things with care and you will look closely as to why you want to leave Islam.

The-Deist
11-27-2015, 10:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
As Salaamu Alaikum

One step at a time, take all things with careful thought. It is not unusual for a Muslim to be tried with much temptation to leave Islam. The second step is to take responsibility for your beliefs. Do not become a blind follower of anything. Always verify all things through as many sources as you can find. Too many people base their choice of religion upon emotional feelings, not belief. Search and make Du'a, Ask Allaah(swt) to guide you in your search. Learn why many non-Muslims leave their religion and revert to Islam.

Now, with that said, it is my Du'a that you will be sincere in your intentions, you will verify all things with care and you will look closely as to why you want to leave Islam.
Yes following your emotions too much and ignoring rational decisioning probably is bad. But shouldnt religion make you feel good emotionally too?

Woodrow
11-27-2015, 11:36 PM
Yes following your emotions too much and ignoring rational decisioning probably is bad. But shouldnt religion make you feel good emotionally too?
Not always, if you are doing bad or with the wrong intent, it should make you feel bad and become a driving force to push you to do better. A sincere following of truth cansometimes lead to pain, but it will give you the strength to handle the pain with sabr.

Insaanah
11-28-2015, 02:00 PM
That emotion, should be based on the fact that you are following the truth.

As an example, lets say, na'oothu billah, that a Muslim leaves Islam and becomes a Christian. He feels this overwhelming love from God, at God giving His son for his sins, he feels joy at being saved, he feels liberated from having to pray five times a day, and feels spiritually at peace and connected to God. He feels he didn't get this in Islam, and that he was just following rituals. Now he feels he is on the right way.

Now, let us examine this further.

Do we consider eating three times a day as a burden? Or going to the bathroom a few times a day as a burden? How would we feel if we didn't eat, didn't go to the loo? Would we feel liberated? No. We'd feel awful. We'd die eventually. So our prayer shouldn't be burden, but something we have to do, for ourselves, and we should try and enjoy it too, by knowing that God personally is listening to us. We should try and learn the meaning, so we can really feel what we are saying to him. Also we are praying the same way the Biblical Prophets prayed, as God taught them. They did wudu, bowed, prostrated, removed their shoes etc.

What is an emotion? It is a strong feeling deriving from one's circumstances, mood, or relationships with others, or instinctive or intuitive feeling as distinguished from reasoning or knowledge. Now, when it comes to our hereafter, our eternal abode, do we want it to be based on knowledge, or emotion? Emotion is a fleeting thing, that can change. The truth never changes. Emotions include happiness, sadness, anger, love etc. When it comes to what religion we follow, what we choose to believe about God, and what we aim for in the hereafter, using the emotions as a judging points of truth or to confirm the truth, is not a good idea. ie if you feel emotionally good, then it must be the truth. Or if we don't feel a great emotional reaction, then that means you need to look elsewhere. No. Some drugs make people feel emotionally veeeery good. Does that mean we should all take them? No. In fact we would avoid them like the plague, as we know they can harm us, if not in the short term then certainly in the long term. In society nowadays, which we are surrounded by all around, and on the media, everybody seems to be a slave to their own desires and emotions. How we feel, seems to be THE most important thing. Eg if two men love each other, love is greater than anything, their personal desires are greater than anything, therefore they should be able to marry (naoothu billah) etc.

But those who wrong follow their [own] desires without knowledge. Then who can guide one whom Allah has sent astray? And for them there are no helpers. (Qur'an 30:29)

People who come to believe that Islam is the truth, that God is One in every way, feel liberated from servitude to any other being, any of the creation, their servitude to God alone, without partner or associate or sharer in His Exclusive Divinity, Glorified and Exalted be He, being their proudest title. In Islam, we have a balance of love, hope, and fear. We need a balance of all three to be on the straight path, to keep us in check, and to prevent us from despair. If there is an excess of any one, then you cannot keep going straight. You skew off. We feel love and closeness to the true teachings of Jesus (peace be on him). We know that he will return to earth, as a Muslim, pray like us, do hajj/umrah etc. We feel at peace with God, and a direct connection to God, without going through anyone. It's a great feeling knowing you're following in the footsteps of the Prophets, and not following man-made teachings, and that the teachings are logical and make sense. There are no mental acrobatics involved - the concept of God is simple, clear, and easy for all to understand, as truth should be. If the message you're following is not God's word, then everything goes downhill from there, because you do not know if you're following the truth.

It is a great feeling knowing that you're following the original, true, and unadulterated message of God, unchanged and untampered with by man. 100% God's word. No versions. No editions. No human authors. Free from any human interferance. The message of God to all mankind, in it's final, unadulterated and pristine form.

Also, the fact that if you took Muslims from every part of the globe, who'd memorised the Qur'an by heart, they would all recite word for word exactly the same thing; from China to Morocco, Russia to Zanzibar, Australia to the US, they'd all recite exactly the same. That when Muslims all over the world pray, we all face the same direction.

It is a great feeling knowing that you're following a book that tells you what has always been expected from humans since the beginning of time; what God told His prophets to teach people since the creation of the first human. That message never changed. The essence of Islam is what always was, and has always been, the true and natural religion; the way of all the Prophets, the original message, the only message.

There are so many reasons to feel good about Islam.

Please do read again my previous post in this thread.

And please do post here to let us know if this has addressed any of your concerns, and if not, please do post to ask for more clarification.

The-Deist
11-28-2015, 05:17 PM
Your example was probably also one of the reasons I am considering Christianity

Insaanah
11-28-2015, 05:29 PM
Sorry, which example?

The-Deist
11-28-2015, 05:56 PM
Sorry, which example?
The first one. About being forgiven

And being saved

Search
11-28-2015, 06:14 PM

Bro, the test of what religion you choose shouldn't be based on emotions but on which one is the Truth that your heart affirms.

Also, if you're considering Christianity, having studied Christianity, I think you should know that not all Christians believe the same about being saved and forgiven, as for example, the Catholic Church to this day teaches accountability and there is no guarantee of knowing whether one is going to Hell or Paradise. Only the Protestant denomination, of which there are many sects, believe about not needing accountability, and I could go into detail but this should suffice In-sha-Allah as explanation.

That said, I'll In-sha-Allah send you some resources that will increase your knowledge and lead you to understand the basic question you seem to be asking which is "why Islam."

The-Deist
11-28-2015, 06:19 PM
Well I havent really looked much into sects

Search
11-28-2015, 06:23 PM

Well I havent really looked much into sects
I understand, bro. I understand your reasons too. I just don't want you to take a hasty decision which you'll regret both in this life and the hereafter.

Make sense?

Btw, bro, just so you know, if we didn't care, we wouldn't counsel you. Care we do, bro, about you, and that's why we want to make sure you make the best decision for yourself.

Search
11-28-2015, 06:27 PM

Sent you some awesome resources, bro!

In-sha-Allah
, the resources should clarify for you whether Islam is the divine truth and give you proofs of "why Islam."

Honestly, just keep us updated, cause we care, and yes, we do!

'Abd-al Latif
11-28-2015, 06:31 PM
Assalamu alaikum.

The thing is I am starting ti feel like Islam is more of a burden then pleasure or peace.

What should I do?
So........you're going from worshiping the creator to worshiping something that's created?

sister herb
11-28-2015, 06:47 PM
I think that from every religions we can find groups of people whose make us feel safe and comfortable but as well groups whose make us feel insecure and anxiety.

The-Deist
11-28-2015, 07:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
I think that from every religions we can find groups of people whose make us feel safe and comfortable but as well groups whose make us feel insecure and anxiety.
I live in Finland too. And its a majorly Lutheran country. I havent looked much into sects and might buy a Bible

But I am not considering Lutheran a single bit

Search
11-28-2015, 07:31 PM

Hi! I wanted to ask, bro, as to when you think you might have a chance to look at the resources I'd sent you as I'd love to discuss them with you at their leisure.

Insaanah
11-28-2015, 07:41 PM
The first one. About being forgiven

And being saved
And what did you think about how I explained that there is not forgiveness in Christianity, as there is in Islam? There is no free ticket to paradise where somebody carries your sins. That is ascribing injustice to God. And Jesus (peace be on him) certainly doesn't know anything about it. And that nobody can say they are saved. That info, is here:
Salvation, sin and forgiveness

If you could please explain which parts of what I said don't sit right with you or you don't understand, then we can address those rather than repeating everything already stated again.

Also, may I ask if the feeling emotionless is more of a general problem not necessarily to do with your faith, and was mentioned here?:

http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-a...oming-bad.html

Thank you.

sister herb
11-28-2015, 09:22 PM
I think I understand your feelings there, sis. We here try to advice and save this little br from this horrible destination as leaving Islam and become a Christian... it might feels quite awkward to read.

:exhausted

Anyways, I am happy you joined to here. Reading each others posts and thoughts we can increase mutual understandings.

*charisma*
11-28-2015, 10:08 PM
Question..

Other than prayer, what are you doing Islamically? ie. what are you doing to increase your iman?

Your issue seems to be laziness. I mean if you don't have connection with God in a religion where you are obligated to pray to Him 5 times a day, what makes you think that you will when you leave Islam? You will just stop praying and then what? What are your core beliefs?

The-Deist
11-28-2015, 11:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Question..

Other than prayer, what are you doing Islamically? ie. what are you doing to increase your iman?

Your issue seems to be laziness. I mean if you don't have connection with God in a religion where you are obligated to pray to Him 5 times a day, what makes you think that you will when you leave Islam? You will just stop praying and then what? What are your core beliefs?
I used to spend most of time reading hadiths and watching lectures. Not anymore tho

Umm Malik
11-28-2015, 11:38 PM
brother just do this : say allahumma ihdini lima ikhtoulifa fihi mina lhakki bi idnik wa ida aradta fitnata kawmin fa kbidni ilayka ghayra maftun
i used to think like this but when i use those things i feel like all that things was a whisper from satan try to remember a deed that you did it just for allah without associating anyone else and say : o allah if you know that just for you and to win your satisfying please relieve me from what i have
you know ? when i was read a bible and research about the original version in aramaic
i choked because it was a lot of different mistakes in the translation and the christian themselves admit that
so if you want to pray to allah you should read his book in arabic // even you aren't arabian
so you read it in the first language
make doaa
take the quran with your hands
ask allah to guide you
and read any surah
and listen to your lord when he advice you in this pages
you still love him
and this topic is the best proof of that
just open the quran and listen to your god's advice
islam has come to complete christianity and the others
you believe in Jesus, Moses, Isaac, and Jacob,and all the other prophets peace be upon them
you believe in one god
so you are right
don't let the whisper destroying you
may allah guide you i understand you it's the hardest moments in my life when i was think like this
may allah be with you

=======
so , those are my three things that i did them to feel better
1: say allahumma ihdini lima ikhtoulifa fihi mina lhakki bi idnik wa ida aradta fitnata kawmin fa kbidni ilayka ghayra maftun
and : allah , allahu rabb la ooshrikoo bihi shayaan
and (( houwa l'awwalo wa l'akhirou wa ddahirou wa lbatinou wa huwwa bi koulli shay'en alim ))
2: ask allah with good deed<<remember a deed that you did it just for allah without associating anyone with him and say allahumma you are know that one day i did .... ( say and remember the deed )) and say : o allah if you know that just for you and to win your satisfying please relieve me from what i have
3 : make doaa
ask allah to guide you
and read any surah

*charisma*
11-29-2015, 12:16 PM
I used to spend most of time reading hadiths and watching lectures. Not anymore tho
Ok but reading ahadith and watching lectures isn't going to make you closer to Allah, just like reading biology books isn't going to make me a Doctor. I may have knowledge, but that's not going to get me anywhere. If you don't recite Quran, make du'a, pray on time, spend in charity...then of course praying is going to seem like a burden cuz your life is good, it's "comfortable" and therefore you haven't found yourself in a desperate situation to call towards Allah to make this connection.

You need to practice more, and if you're hanging around people who are influencing you like that then hang around them less. The main reason I say this is because if you don't know what your core beliefs are, or even your identity, then you will want to believe in what your friends are believing or be "acceptable" to the society you're living in.

Scimitar
11-29-2015, 12:33 PM
Assalamu alaikum.

Yes, it's fascintating scifi isn't it?

What should I do?
stay off the drugs.

Scimi

The-Deist
11-29-2015, 12:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Yes, it's fascintating scifi isn't it?

stay off the drugs.

Scimi
I dont use drugs...

Scimitar
11-29-2015, 12:47 PM
Bro Striving :D

I have spoken with you on skype, and found you to be a young man who has issues he finds no one else shares - it's like you enjoy being the werido or something.

From what I understand, Islam promotes the idea of Ummah - meaning one nation without borders under God.

We have one holy book - the Quran, which has withstood the test of time and is unchanged since it's revelation.

We have the truth of the Prophethood of Muhammad pbuh and the witness statements of his companions (RA) and the stringent sciences of ahadeeth which authenticate them.

Now let's compare it ok "weirdo Mr I want to be different" ?

Number of versions of the bible: http://tyndalearchive.com/scriptures/index.htm (ridiculous)

Number of versions of Quran: ONE

Christianity - Number of Gods: 0.33 / 0.33 / 0.33 -- making 3 mini Gods who join to form one maxi-God who is still 3 miniGods.

Islam - number of God: Laa ilaha ilaAllah - there are no gods worthy of worship except THE GOD (singular)

Christian Concept of salvation: If you don't believe in Jesus as God, you will burn in hell

Muslim concept of salvation: Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Christians, and the Sabiana - whoever believes in God and the last day, they shall have their reward from their Lord. And there will be no fear for them, nor shall they grieve 2:62, 5:69

You can clearly see that when it comes to theology of Islam vs Christianity - Islam wins. Authenticity - Islam wins. Equity and Justice - Islam wins.

But you like Christianity because "you don't have to do much" in it. :D

You are a weak boy.

People like you never become men, enjoy your new found faith, and your new "family" :D

Scimi

The-Deist
11-29-2015, 12:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Bro Striving :D

I have spoken with you on skype, and found you to be a young man who has issues he finds no one else shares - it's like you enjoy being the werido or something.

From what I understand, Islam promotes the idea of Ummah - meaning one nation without borders under God.

We have one holy book - the Quran, which has withstood the test of time and is unchanged since it's revelation.

We have the truth of the Prophethood of Muhammad pbuh and the witness statements of his companions (RA) and the stringent sciences of ahadeeth which authenticate them.

Now let's compare it ok "weirdo Mr I want to be different" ?

Number of versions of the bible: http://tyndalearchive.com/scriptures/index.htm (ridiculous)

Number of versions of Quran: ONE

Christianity - Number of Gods: 0.33 / 0.33 / 0.33 -- making 3 mini Gods who join to form one maxi-God who is still 3 miniGods.

Islam - number of God: Laa ilaha ilaAllah - there are no gods worthy of worship except THE GOD (singular)

Christian Concept of salvation: If you don't believe in Jesus as God, you will burn in hell

Muslim concept of salvation: Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Christians, and the Sabiana - whoever believes in God and the last day, they shall have their reward from their Lord. And there will be no fear for them, nor shall they grieve 2:62, 5:69

You can clearly see that when it comes to theology of Islam vs Christianity - Islam wins. Authenticity - Islam wins. Equity and Justice - Islam wins.

But you like Christianity because "you don't have to do much" in it. :D

You are a weak boy.

People like you never become men, enjoy your new found faith, and your new "family" :D

Scimi
I didnt convert yet.

sister herb
11-29-2015, 12:57 PM
Salam alaykum

I wouldn´t be very worry about your pondering about converting. You are living your teenage years and at this time its typical start to questioning the values and opinions you have been teached during your childhood time. I would like to encourage you read more about other ways to believe (ok, don´t smash me now, I didn´t encourage him to leave Islam), comparing their values and teachings to your old ones, looking for good and bad sides. As I wrote, this is what most of the teenages are doing while one part of their growing up process. They are like the middle of storm in their minds and one what everyone do is challenge their old values. Wait few years and everything will look more clear in your mind. (Hei mä tiedän - mulla oli aika myrskyisä teini-ikä - vanhat arvot lens romukoppaan ja uusilla arvoilla tuli vähän järkytettyä vanhempia. ;D )

You are living in Finland now? Yes, the whole society is Christian but most of the people don´t care about religion a lot. Because some matters at this time Islam is not number one on the list of the most favourite religions here. I am sure you read same news like I do. Don´t worry about those news too much. Haters gonna hate. That´s all.

Scimitar
11-29-2015, 01:01 PM
Bro Striving

You converted in your heart... repentance and reconciliation with Allah is required.

Forums won't be speaking up for you when it matters bro.

This is between you and Allah.

You (at the very least) allowed yourself to consider fuzool thoughts which are silly to even enetertain - and you made a thread about these which is a good thing because in the real world, Muslim help may not be so easily given in cases when one expresses their fascination with another faith... but this is the net, and here we try not to judge (even though I cannot help it) - but at this juncture bro - forums won't help you - only Allah can.

And Allah only helps those who help themselves.

Your first act should be taubah. And you should not need me to tell you that either.

Scimi

Scimitar
11-29-2015, 01:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Salam alaykum

I wouldn´t be very worry about your pondering about converting. You are living your teenage years and at this time its typical start to questioning the values and opinions you have been teached during your childhood time. I would like to encourage you read more about other ways to believe (ok, don´t smash me now, I didn´t encourage him to leave Islam), comparing their values and teachings to your old ones, looking for good and bad sides. As I wrote, this is what most of the teenages are doing while one part of their growing up process. They are like the middle of storm in their minds and one what everyone do is challenge their old values. Wait few years and everything will look more clear in your mind. (Hei mä tiedän - mulla oli aika myrskyisä teini-ikä - vanhat arvot lens romukoppaan ja uusilla arvoilla tuli vähän järkytettyä vanhempia. ;D )

You are living in Finland now? Yes, the whole society is Christian but most of the people don´t care about religion a lot. Because some matters at this time Islam is not number one on the list of the most favourite religions here. I am sure you read same news like I do. Don´t worry about those news too much. Haters gonna hate. That´s all.
Interesting and honest understanding of what may be affecting bro Striving.

Follow sister herbs advice.

And one more thing - do not talk religion to irreligious people - else you will be wasting your time, and only entertaining the others like some sort of stand up act.

Scimi

Sakina'141
11-29-2015, 01:50 PM
:sl: brother,

Sorry to hear that you are feeling this way but please understand that Islam is a very spiritual religion, we are constantly reminded to remember Allah and reflect on His creation. I can understand what you are saying about you feel like praying is an obligation and ritual; unfortunately you are not feeling the spiritual connection when you are praying. This may be because you are not refelcting on the meaning of the surahs recited during the prayer and I find making personal dua during or after each prayer increases the connection with Allah more, it will really help you if you see prayer as a personal conversation with Allah (reflect on the meaning of recitations) rather than obligation you have to fulfil.

Also, Allah has asked us to remember Him much and reflect on everything He has given us, you will develop the spiritual connection you have been seeking if you remember that everything is from Allah and you will become thankful for many of His countless blessings, reflect on little thing in you life you have been blessed with and say Alhamdulillah. For example, I spend few times a day reflecting on random things, today I was looking outside at the awful weather which made me realise the blessing of a home with heating. The other day I had a really terrible day at work but I felt thankful to Allah for it because I dealt with some very difficult situations and I know Allah is helping me grow to deal with tougher challenges that I know are coming ahead. We all have personal connections with Allah and you really DO NOT have to convert to Christiany/buddism to develop th spiritual connection you are seeking. My one advise for you is remember Allah much with everything He has blessed you your life; in hardship and ease & be thankful and know that Allah has the best plans for us even in what seems like impossible times, He knows whats best for us more than we know for ourself so you put your trust in Allah with everything, He will bless you with everything that is good for you. May Allah bring all of us closer and closer to Him increasing our Iman, Ameen.

Insaanah
11-29-2015, 07:45 PM
I would say, looking at this thread, the issue you have doesn't seem to be to do with Islam itself per se. As you mentioned in a previous thread, you have a general problem of feeling emotionless. Somehow Shaytan has led you to think Islam may be the reason. You are hoping that if you become a Christian, you will feel joy, love etc, and that you will begin to feel some emotion. This is a very wrong approach.

When members are explaining what they think are the issues, then asking if you've read replies/links, and which bits you are not sure about/have a problem with, you're not really answering, which also leads me to believe that the problems is not with Islam, but a lack of motivation/feeling emotionless. It seems to be a symptom, a cry for help, of a different problem, but manifesting in this way. I could be wrong though.

Also, it seems that you are not putting in much. It is (admittedly a crude and inappropriate analogy) like one partner not putting effort or hard work into a marriage, and then expecting a marriage to work, and when it doesn't, walking out and saying there's something wrong with the other person. It doesn't work that way.

We have to show love and commitment to to Allah:

So remember Me; I will remember you. And be grateful to Me and do not deny Me. (2:152)

Remember, while current day Christians feel they don't have to follow the Law, Jesus (peace be on him) followed the law himself and taught his followers to do so. The Qur'an also confirms he followed the law:

And He has made me blessed wherever I am and has enjoined upon me prayer and zakah as long as I remain alive. [words spoken by Jesus , peace be on him](19:35)

Prayer and zakaat were fard (compulsory) on him.

Also, if having someone die for your sins seems the easy way out, know that nobody carries the burden of another, and no man died for your sins.

That assessment of the problem could be completely wrong, in which case please let us know what it is you are finding troubling so that we can help you.

I would ask you to renew your faith, start again, even if from the beginning.

We, your brothers and sisters all around the globe, are here to help you, and rooting for you.

May Allah keep you and us on the right path, ameen.

'Abd-al Latif
11-29-2015, 09:02 PM
I dont use drugs...
Can you tell me what you feel burdened by?

Abz2000
11-29-2015, 11:26 PM
Think about it man!
If God had died for your sins - there would be no paradise either!

Umm Malik
11-30-2015, 03:05 PM
on the contrary brother i think you made a good things
and the prophet muhammad pace be upon him (( Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:
The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "The religion (of Islam) is easy, and whoever makes the religion a rigour, it will overpower him. So, follow a middle course (in worship); if you can't do this, do something near to it and give glad tidings and seek help (of Allah) at morn and at dusk and some part of night ))
so .. as i told u brother before it just a whisper from shaytan ... so remember allah even you don't feel any thing this will purify your heart to get sakinah pray even you don't feel it
read adkar assabah wa almassae
and i think you didnt read my reply because i told you from my experience
i understand you
i hope to don't see this word change in your profile and in your heart firstly ( religion islam )
this is my reply please do what i told you .. this is the solution of all my question and the wrong way that the shaytan want me to think

brother just do this : say allahumma ihdini lima ikhtoulifa fihi mina lhakki bi idnik wa ida aradta fitnata kawmin fa kbidni ilayka ghayra maftun
i used to think like this but when i use those things i feel like all that things was a whisper from satan try to remember a deed that you did it just for allah without associating anyone else and say : o allah if you know that just for you and to win your satisfying please relieve me from what i have
you know ? when i was read a bible and research about the original version in aramaic
i choked because it was a lot of different mistakes in the translation and the christian themselves admit that
so if you want to pray to allah you should read his book in arabic // even you aren't arabian
make doaa
ask allah to guide you
and read any surah
you still love him
you believe in Jesus, Moses, Isaac, and Jacob,and all the other prophets peace be upon them
you believe in one god
so you are right
may allah guide you i understand you it's the hardest moments in my life when i was think like this
may allah be with you

1: say allahumma ihdini lima ikhtoulifa fihi mina lhakki bi idnik wa ida aradta fitnata kawmin fa kbidni ilayka ghayra maftun
and (( houwa l'awwalo wa l'akhirou wa ddahirou wa lbatinou wa huwwa bi koulli shay'en alim ))
2: ask allah with good deed<<remember a deed that you did it just for allah without associating anyone with him and say allahumma you are know that one day i did .... ( say and remember the deed )) and say : o allah if you know that just for you and to win your satisfying please relieve me from what i have
ask allah to guide you
and read any surah

The-Deist
11-30-2015, 09:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam muslimah
on the contrary brother i think you made a good things
and the prophet muhammad pace be upon him (( Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:
The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "The religion (of Islam) is easy, and whoever makes the religion a rigour, it will overpower him. So, follow a middle course (in worship); if you can't do this, do something near to it and give glad tidings and seek help (of Allah) at morn and at dusk and some part of night ))
so .. as i told u brother before it just a whisper from shaytan ... so remember allah even you don't feel any thing this will purify your heart to get sakinah pray even you don't feel it
read adkar assabah wa almassae
and i think you didnt read my reply because i told you from my experience
i understand you
i hope to don't see this word change in your profile and in your heart firstly ( religion islam )
this is my reply please do what i told you .. this is the solution of all my question and the wrong way that the shaytan want me to think

make doaa
ask allah to guide you
and read any surah
you still love him
you believe in one god
so you are right
may allah be with you

ask allah to guide you
and read any surah
Do you know Aramaic?

The-Deist
11-30-2015, 09:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
Think about it man!
If God had died for your sins - there would be no paradise either!
I believe some Christians dont believe that (sects)

Insaanah
11-30-2015, 09:50 PM
Brother Strivingfordeen,

Please keep striving.

I just remembered that I posted this for another member not so long ago and they found that it helped answer their questions as to why Islam rather than Christianity, so I'll post here too.

Please see the following posts. Each link is for one post. You might have to wait a bit for the page to get to/load the actual relevant post.

http://www.islamicboard.com/discover...ml#post2843948
http://www.islamicboard.com/discover...ml#post2847435
http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...ml#post1492771
http://www.islamicboard.com/clarific...ml#post2856144
http://www.islamicboard.com/discover...ml#post1515355

There is also lots of information given in this thread, lots of clear and simple and logical evidences why Islam is the truth. You owe it to yourself to read it. Please communicate with us and let us know what you need help on.

And let us know if this helped.

The-Deist
11-30-2015, 09:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif
Can you tell me what you feel burdened by?
I have stated it before in this thread

The-Deist
11-30-2015, 10:14 PM
Brother Strivingfordeen,

Please keep striving.

I just remembered that I posted this for another member not so long ago and they found that it helped answer their questions as to why Islam rather than Christianity, so I'll post here too.

Please see the following posts. Each link is for one post. You might have to wait a bit for the page to get to/load the actual relevant post.

http://www.islamicboard.com/discover...ml#post2843948
http://www.islamicboard.com/discover...ml#post2847435
http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...ml#post1492771
http://www.islamicboard.com/clarific...ml#post2856144
http://www.islamicboard.com/discover...ml#post1515355

There is also lots of information given in this thread, lots of clear and simple and logical evidences why Islam is the truth. You owe it to yourself to read it. Please communicate with us and let us know what you need help on.

And let us know if this helped.
I dont know what it is. But deep down I cant convince myself to stay muslim. I would probaby feel like a hypocrite. Staying in a religion while I want to convert.

Search
11-30-2015, 10:23 PM

I dont know what it is. But deep down I cant convince myself to stay muslim. I would probaby feel like a hypocrite. Staying in a religion while I want to convert.
Hey, so, you know we have discussed this issue in some detail. I think you're confused; and I don't think that your present approach or thinking is the wrong way forward to get out of your confusion. To be honest, I know why you're attracted to the idea of conversion, but I think in the short-term you'll probably feel relieved but in the long-term you'll feel you'd made a mistake. Also, the things that are presently pushing you to convert are also things that will essentially the ground for flip-flopping on Christianity too. So, honestly, I feel like you lack a solid foundation in either Islam or Christianity to make that decision for yourself right now.

Search
11-30-2015, 10:28 PM

Also, I want to add something else. Obviously, if this had been something you'd been absolutely 100% convinced of as the right move to make for yourself, I doubt you'd have created this thread: We, as human beings, only want advice on something of which we're unsure, not things about which we're sure. So, that right there is another issue.

You're not convinced of Christianity. You're attracted to Christianity. BIG difference.

Search
11-30-2015, 10:31 PM

Also, I also want to say that if you do this, there are probably problems which you have not even begun to consider which you'll be inviting into your life.

You see, we can't run away from our current situation into another situation headlong without first considering the full consequences of how our decision will impact our life; I don't think you've deliberated over the outcome or the impact.

The-Deist
11-30-2015, 10:38 PM

Also, I want to add something else. Obviously, if this had been something you'd been absolutely 100% convinced of as the right move to make for yourself, I doubt you'd have created this thread: We, as human beings, only want advice on something of which we're unsure, not things about which we're sure. So, that right there is another issue.

You're not convinced of Christianity. You're attracted to Christianity. BIG difference.

Righy now, I am convinved of Christianity. But I wont make hasty decisions.

Umm Malik
11-30-2015, 10:43 PM
I don't know what it is. But deep down I cant convince myself to stay muslim. I would probaby feel like a hypocrite. Staying in a religion while I want to convert.
please pleas brother, befor this do what i told u
all the steps just do it before
i am sure allah will guide you
may allah guide you brother
you want to worshipe three ?
don't let yourself to shaytan
i now befor that you was do some thing for the sake of allah without association .. ask allah with please
i used to feel like you and alhamdulillah allah guide me
please ask allah to guide you
tell him i am confusing
in want your help don't let me
please show me the right
and repeat aoudou billah mina shaytani rajim
please open quran and read even two pages before please
we don't want you to lose please please
may allah guide you

Search
11-30-2015, 10:49 PM

Also, forget the world! And the merry-go-round of its temptations!

Just imagine you right now 6 ft. under the soil.

Your parents can't help you.
Your friends can't help you.
This Forum can't help you.

Just you and God NOW.

What do you want?
What do you believe about your relationship with God?
What is your regret?

Those answers are not for the board; they're for you to help reveal your own heart to you and the whys.

Also, please recognize working to clarify your doubts is not the work of a hypocrite but a sincere seeker. I don't know if you know this, but Imam Ghazali r.a. (may God be pleased with him), one of the biggest scholars of Islam, had had big doubts:

In al-Munqidh, al-Ghazzali informs us of how in the prime of his life he was inflicted with a mysterious malady of the soul, which lasted for nearly two months during which time he was a sceptic in fact, but not in utterance and doctrineHe was a student in his early twenties at the Nizamiyyah College in Naishapur when he suffered from this disease of scepticism.
Yet this doubt turned out to be one of the biggest blessings in his life because he became strengthened in Islam when he recognized the source of his doubts and sought clarity within his own soul.

You should do the same. You may be young in age, but in Islam, you're considered mature enough to make decisions about your life, and you owe yourself the chance to find clarity within your soul too without being blase about that which you've been blessed: Islam.

The-Deist
11-30-2015, 10:50 PM
please pleas brother, befor this do what i told u
all the steps just do it before
i am sure allah will guide you
you want to worshipe three ?
don't let yourself to shaytan
i now befor that you was do some thing for the sake of allah without association .. ask allah with please
i used to feel like you and alhamdulillah allah guide me
please ask allah to guide you
tell him i am confusing
in want your help don't let me
please show me the right
and repeat aoudou billah mina shaytani rajim
please open quran and read even two pages before please
we don't want you to lose please please
may allah guide you
I dont have a mushaf but I listen through Youtube. I have asked god to guide me to the truth before this.

Search
11-30-2015, 10:51 PM

Are you sure about that because that's not the impression I'd had from our conversations? That said, maybe things have changed for you: What about Christianity made/has you convinced? Or more precisely, what's changed?

The-Deist
11-30-2015, 10:53 PM
And also The Christian god is 3 in one. Like 3 egos, personalities whatever you want to call it. That is how I perceive it.

The-Deist
11-30-2015, 10:54 PM

Also, forget the world! And the merry-go-round of its temptations!

Just imagine you right now 6 ft. under the soil.

Your parents can't help you.
Your friends can't help you.
This Forum can't help you.

Just you and God NOW.

What do you want?
What do you believe about your relationship with God?
What is your regret?

Those answers are not for the board; they're for you to help reveal your own heart to you and the whys.

Also, please recognize working to clarify your doubts is not the work of a hypocrite but a sincere seeker. I don't know if you know this, but Imam Ghazali r.a. (may God be pleased with him), one of the biggest scholars of Islam, had had big doubts:

Yet this doubt turned out to be one of the biggest blessings in his life because he became strengthened in Islam when he recognized the source of his doubts and sought clarity within his own soul.

You should do the same. You may be young in age, but in Islam, you're considered mature enough to make decisions about your life, and you owe yourself the chance to find clarity within your soul too without being blase about that which you've been blessed: Islam.

Could you come to hangouts?

Umm Malik
11-30-2015, 10:58 PM
ok ... that is your life
you are responsible of what you want to do
we r just sorry about that
but we can't do any thing to you except asking allah to help you
brother ....
you stop believing in the prophet muhammad ?
you won't say salla allahu alayhi wa salam when you hear his name
you won't say la ilaha illallah
you will believe of the prophet jesus as a god not as a prophet ?
you won't pray five times every day ?
you wont go to the masjed after that ...
you want to stope all this things ?

how is it hard to me to think about that
la ilaha illa allah
what can i say ... just this is your life
and we cant do anything except asking allah to you
allah is one not three make sure of that

sorry for my bad english

Search
11-30-2015, 11:20 PM

Sure, bro, I will if you could wait some?

I do volunteer work with this family of abused children as Guardian Ad Litem, and I have to go there right now unfortunately to ensure that the children are safe and healthy. I will be back in 45 minutes or so.

I'll contact you then if you're available? K?

Could you come to hangouts?

The-Deist
11-30-2015, 11:22 PM
ok ... that is your life
you are responsible of what you want to do
we r just sorry about that
but we can't do any thing to you except asking allah to help you
brother ....
you stop believing in the prophet muhammad ?
you won't say salla allahu alayhi wa salam when you hear his name
you won't say la ilaha illallah
you will believe of the prophet jesus as a god not as a prophet ?
you won't pray five times every day ?
you wont go to the masjed after that ...
you want to stope all this things ?

how is it hard to me to think about that
la ilaha illa allah
what can i say ... just this is your life
and we cant do anything except asking allah to you
allah is one not three make sure of that

sorry for my bad english
We dont even have a masjid nearby.

Search
12-01-2015, 12:17 AM

Back.

Sent you a message for the hangout.

TMGuide
12-01-2015, 01:35 AM
May Allaah guide you to the truth, I think if you want to find peace in Islam the first thing you will have to do is READ. READ the Quran translation, build your tawheed why were you created? Who is Allah? Where is Allah?

From there start looking into whatever else you want to look into, but in order for you to be able to compare religions you will have to learn the basics about them. So give Islam a fair chance don't let the shaytan hasten you into making worshiping Allah a burden. Everything in this world worth doing is difficult, nothing is easy and attaining heaven fits into that category.

aamuslim
12-01-2015, 02:07 AM
But shouldnt religion make you feel good emotionally too?
Sallam brother,

Have you thought of the people of all other religions, or even athiests who feel good emotionally without believing in any religion? Is that an indication that they on the correct path?

Would a person who worships stones, or a person who doesn't believe in Allah and gets everything he wants in life, and is feeling good as a result of all the success in life, would any of that be an indication of him being on the correct path? You would say no, because you know better.

Everything in life is a test; compare & contrast & ponder over these verses:

[Quran - 2:214]
Or think you that you will enter Paradise without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? They were afflicted with severe poverty and ailments and were so shaken that even the Messenger and those who believed along with him said, "When (will come) the Help of Allah?" Yes! Certainly, the Help of Allah is near!

[Quran - 3:178]
And let not the disbelievers think that Our postponing of their punishment is good for them. We postpone the punishment only so that they may increase in sinfulness. And for them is a disgracing torment.

What should I do?
You need to have a solid foundation to begin with, because a building will collapse down if its foundations are weak (the weak foundation will feel the building as burden upon it). Begin by understanding the concept of Tawheed and Shirk.

Please note this point: All the Prophets and Messengers of Allah came to their people telling them to worship Allah alone (without any partners) - this has been and still is the single most important commandment of Allah. It is still found in the Bible and also in the Quran.

[Quran 16:36]
And verily, We have sent among every Ummah (community, nation) a Messenger (proclaiming): "Worship Allah (Alone), and avoid (or keep away from) Taghut (all false deities, etc. i.e. do not worship Taghut besides Allah)."

Ibraheem (Abraham), Nuh (Noah), Daud (David), Musa (Moses), Isa (Jesus), Muhammad sallallahu 'alayhe wa sallam and all the other Prophets and Messengers came to their people telling them to worship God alone, alone without any partners. They all came from the same God, with the same Message, so the religion is one and the same. Its only the people who then differentiated (i.e. disbelieved in the Prophet or Messenger of Allah that came to them, disbelieved in the Book of Allah, etc.) and thus the name labelling.

I havent really looked much in the bible.
Whereas the people who become Muslim do so while thoroughly researching Islam and investigating the Quran.

The Bible contains the Old Testament and the New Testament, their followers are in contradiction with their understanding of God. The first commandment given to Prophet Moses, alayhe sallam, see what his understanding was and that of his followers at their time - the Jews [Belief in one God (One -> One)], and then compare and contrast that with the Christians who came afterwards [Belief in One God (One -> Three)].

At the time of Prophet Moses, alayhe sallam (and before him), no one knew of the concept of Original Sin nor knew of a thing called the Trinity Doctrine. How did the original sin and the three-in-one idea come about in the first place? The Jews (who've been there before the Christians) do not believe in the concept of Original Sin nor Trinity. Christianity is built on the concept of Original Sin and Trinity, the concept which none of the Prophets and Messengers of God ever taught their followers, including Jesus Christ. Here's whats mentioned in the Bible:

[Deuteronomy 6:4] (Old Testament)
Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.

[Mark 12:28-29]
(New Testament)
One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?”
“The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.

Allay says about Jesus, alayhe wa sallam, in the Quran:

[Quran 5:72]
Surely, they have disbelieved who say: "Allah is the Messiah ['Iesa (Jesus)], son of Maryam (Mary)." But the Messiah ['Iesa (Jesus)] said: "O Children of Israel! Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord." Verily, whosoever sets up partners in worship with Allah, then Allah has forbidden Paradise for him, and the Fire will be his abode. And for the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers) there are no helpers.

Umm Malik
12-01-2015, 09:51 AM
Sorry for my bad english / i meant wont you as a question not you won't / i am sorry .... i asked you about all this things won't you stop all this ... i am sorry about you
may allah help .. i have hope one day you will see the right but i don't want you to left islam .... can you try to live just one day as a Muslim ... please try to do my advice ... and i am sorry for my requests .... just one day ... wake up and pray fajr ... read adkar assabah ... say bismi lah wan you want to go out your home ... smile to every one ... say bismillah when you enter to the house and began with your right foot .... bay a mushaf and read from it .. pray duhr and asr and maghrib ... and make sure i have read many things in the bible that make me sure that islam is right ... so Allah is one even you think other thing ... but in all that things youu r responsible of your decision and i now that allah will guide if you have some love to him ... do just one step and allah will do more
allah in the holy hadith man atani yamshi ataytuhu harwala
قَالَ اللَّهُ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ أَنَا عِنْدَ ظَنِّ عَبْدِي بِي وَأَنَا مَعَهُ حَيْثُ يَذْكُرُنِي وَاللَّهِ لَلَّهُ أَفْرَحُ بِتَوْبَةِ عَبْدِهِ مِنْ أَحَدِكُمْ يَجِدُ ضَالَّتَهُ بِالْفَلَاةِ وَمَنْ تَقَرَّبَ إِلَيَّ شِبْرًا تَقَرَّبْتُ إِلَيْهِ ذِرَاعًا وَمَنْ تَقَرَّبَ إِلَيَّ ذِرَاعًا تَقَرَّبْتُ إِلَيْهِ بَاعًا وَإِذَا أَقْبَلَ إِلَيَّ يَمْشِي أَقْبَلْتُ إِلَيْهِ أُهَرْوِلُ

Allah the Exalted says: I am as my servant expects me and I am with him as he remembers me. If he remembers me in himself, then I will remember him in myself. If he mentions me in a gathering, then I will mention him in a greater gathering. When he draws near to me by the span of his hand, I draw near him by the length of a cubit. When he draws near me by the length of a cubit, I draw near him by the length of a fathom. When he comes to me walking, I will come to him running.
you ))
(( قَالَ اللَّهُ كَذَّبَنِي ابْنُ آدَمَ وَلَمْ يَكُنْ لَهُ ذَلِكَ وَشَتَمَنِي وَلَمْ يَكُنْ لَهُ ذَلِكَ فَأَمَّا تَكْذِيبُهُ إِيَّايَ فَزَعَمَ أَنِّي لَا أَقْدِرُ أَنْ أُعِيدَهُ كَمَا كَانَ وَأَمَّا شَتْمُهُ إِيَّايَ فَقَوْلُهُ لِي وَلَدٌ فَسُبْحَانِي أَنْ أَتَّخِذَ صَاحِبَةً أَوْ وَلَدًا

Allah the Exalted said: The son of Adam has lied against me but he has no right to do so, and he has abused me but he has no right to do so. As for his lie, it is his saying that I cannot recreate him as I did before. As for his abuse, it is his saying that I have a son, but I am glorified above taking a wife or a son.

Source: Sahih Bukhari 4212, Grade: Sahih ))
Ibn Abbas reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

إِنَّ اللَّهَ كَتَبَ الْحَسَنَاتِ وَالسَّيِّئَاتِ ثُمَّ بَيَّنَ ذَلِكَ فَمَنْ هَمَّ بِحَسَنَةٍ فَلَمْ يَعْمَلْهَا كَتَبَهَا اللَّهُ عِنْدَهُ حَسَنَةً كَامِلَةً وَإِنْ هَمَّ بِهَا فَعَمِلَهَا كَتَبَهَا اللَّهُ عَزَّ وَجَلَّ عِنْدَهُ عَشْرَ حَسَنَاتٍ إِلَى سَبْعِ مِائَةِ ضِعْفٍ إِلَى أَضْعَافٍ كَثِيرَةٍ وَإِنْ هَمَّ بِسَيِّئَةٍ فَلَمْ يَعْمَلْهَا كَتَبَهَا اللَّهُ عِنْدَهُ حَسَنَةً كَامِلَةً وَإِنْ هَمَّ بِهَا فَعَمِلَهَا كَتَبَهَا اللَّهُ سَيِّئَةً وَاحِدَةً

Verily, Allah has recorded good and bad deeds and He made them clear. Whoever intends to perform a good deed but does not do it, then Allah will record it as a complete good deed. If he intends to do it and does so, then Allah the Exalted will record it as ten good deeds up to seven hundred times as much or even more. If he intends to do a bad deed and does not do it, then Allah will record for him one complete good deed. If he does it then Allah will record for him a single bad deed.

Source: Sahih Bukhari 6126, Grade: Muttafaqun Alayhi))
may Allah guide you brother amen

Insaanah
12-01-2015, 07:44 PM
I apologise this post is long, but please read it all, as I've used some analogies to explain things in a different way and made some new points.

And also The Christian god is 3 in one. Like 3 egos, personalities whatever you want to call it. That is how I perceive it.
Does that make more sense to you, truly and deeply in your heart, rather than One God? A Christian cannot talk about One God, without mentioning the number three. It is not, in that case, truly a concept of One God. In Christianity 3 = 1. In Islam 1=1. The concept in Islam is so simple, clear, logical, makes sense, is easy to understand and grasp, and resonates with the heart and mind and soul. Now compare to God the father, who had to beget god the son, so that he could have god the son killed in a painful, slow and torturous bloody death to atone for mankinds sins. If you can have God the son then surely there must be God the daughter somewhere. And God the cousin. etc. And then he sent God the holy spirit to live in our bodies.

This is Allah:

One God. He alone should be worshipped. He is our Creator, Sustainer, and Lord.

He did not/does not, become flesh, dwell in human or animal bodies, nor are there any incarnations of Him. He is not mixed up in His creation in any way.

In Hinduism, there is belief that God incarnated into the body of animals such as an elephant etc. In Christianity there is belief that God incarnated into a human body, that of Jesus (peace be on him). The beliefs in incarnation of God are similar, one says a animal body, the other says a human body. How can God be reduced to coming in lowly forms and going to the toilet, crying like a baby, coming out of a woman's womb?

Let's say, a persons parent brought him up, gave him everything he needed, tended to his every need. That child, when he grows up, goes to his neighbour halfway down the street and says, thank you for everything you've given me, everything you've done for me, for bringing me up etc. You'd think that person had lost the plot, right? And how would his parents feel? Christians say, thank you Jesus, for everything. You will be thanking other than God. It is Allah, Glorified and Exalted be He, who has given you everything. Not Isa alayhissalaam, as respected and noble a messenger as he is.

As to hell. If you are thinking, wow God is so much more loving and caring in Christianity. Then know this. In Christianity, mankind is eternally d.a.m.n.e.d because of Adam eating from the tree. And there is nothing you can do. Whether you are sinful or not, you are doomed. the only way out, is, for you have a saviour who will save you from this d.a.m.nation. And for this, as I mentioned God had to beget a son and then have him killed. Akhi, use your brain. Why would Allah do this? This ascribes injustice to Allah, that he kills an innocent person. It ascribes injustice to him that he makes someone else carry the sins of another and lets a sinner get away scot free. It denigrates Allahs power, by suggesting he couldn't forgive mankind simply by forgiving and had to beget a son and have him killed. It makes Allah into a cruel God who d.a.m.n.s all of mankind for a sin they didn't commit.

Many people get taken in by "For God so loved the world that he gave His only son..."

But if he so loved the world, he would have forgiven Adam and Eve. Like He did, and like Islam says. But Christianity says:

To the woman He said, “I will greatly multiply Your pain in childbirth, In pain you will bring forth children;
Yet your desire will be for your husband, And he will rule over you.”
Then to Adam He said, “Because you have listened to the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree about which I commanded you, saying, ‘You shall not eat from it’;
Cursed is the ground because of you; In toil you will eat of it All the days of your life. “Both thorns and thistles it shall grow for you; And you will eat the plants of the field; By the sweat of your face You will eat bread,
Till you return to the ground, Because from it you were taken; For you are dust, And to dust you shall return.” (Genesis 3:16-19)

Compare with Islam:

When they both ate from the tree, they repented to Allah.

"Then Adam received from his Lord [some] words, and He accepted his repentance. Indeed, it is He who is the Accepting of repentance, the Merciful." (2:37)

"Then his Lord chose him and turned to him in forgiveness and guided [him]." (20:122)

They both repented and both were completely forgiven by their Loving, Merciful Lord; and indeed Adam was then chosen to be the first person to receive guidance from Allah, and is counted among all the other Prophets of Islam:

"Indeed, Allah chose Adam and Noah and the family of Abraham and the family of 'Imran over the worlds" -(3:33)

Lets imaging, now, you are sitting an exam. Someone says they'll take your bad marks for you. Will you be gullible and believe them? Or will you know, that you will be judged on your own merit. And nobody, rightly, takes responsibility for what you have done. Similarly, please do not be gullible enough to believe that any person any object, anything, will carry the burden of your sins, or died for your sins. If you do so, you are deceiving yourself, and making the biggest mistake of your life. You are despairing of the mercy of Allah.

Islam recognises God's power to forgive with just His Will. Some of the other religions seem to claim that forgiveness requires a purchase price and if we can't pay it, somebody else has to pay it on our behalf. In Islam, forgiveness comes without a purchase price or sacrifice. We do not/cannot: buy, sacrifice for, earn or steal it. It comes freely when we sincerely ask for forgiveness and truly repent, accepting God's will.

We are required to try our hardest and best to love, fear and obey God, and obey the messengers He sent with His message. ""So fear Allah as much as you are able and listen and obey and spend [in the way of Allah ]; it is better for your selves..." (Qur'an 64:16, part)" and we have been told which things are forbidden for us and what we should avoid. When we do those things that we shouldn't, then we repent and seek God's forgiveness, being truly sorry for what we have done, trying our best not to repeat it, and acknowledging Allah as being the only One on Whom we depend, for the forgiveness of our sins.

God does not expect perfection from us, but simply for us to worship Him alone without any associates, persons or parts to His Exclusive Divinity, and to not ascribe divinity to anybody or anything else, and to do our very best and try our very hardest with all our heart, body and soul, to love and obey Him and the messengers He sent. His Mercy opening the doors to salvation and paradise.

Also remember, that Jesus followed the law, prayed, fasted, gave in charity (salaat, saum, zakat) etc. And taught his followers that they must do so as well. I have talked about the burden issue before. Your attraction seems to be do less, gain more. No need to follow the law, accept a saviour, and get to heaven easily. Imagine a salesperson puts an advert for a brand new latest iphone (6s?), for say £10. No monthly cost, no other cost, that's it, and the advert promises you this. You'd raise an eyebrow, right? You'd think it was some kind of scam. You'd try to verify it. Or you'd avoid it like the plague, preferring to pay more but buy from a reliable source. Yes? Do you get the drift? If it sounds too good to be true, it is. There is no free ticket to heaven. Certainly not by committing shirk and ascribing cruelty and injustice to Allah, sub'haanahu wa ta'aalaa.

Please do not make your salvation depend on a core belief that you don't understand, can't explain, doesn't make sense, and isn't mentioned explicitly anywhere in the Bible (the trinity). It is not the nature of God to give convoluted beliefs to people, that don't make sense.

That’s why we call you, brother Strivingfordeen, back to Islam, in which the concept is very clear. There’s One God, He’s indivisible, He doesn’t have children, nor relatives, nor grandparents, and He does not die. Compare this with there’s one God who had 3 different godheads, but at the same time, they’re still 1, one of them dies for three days, & instead of being 2 (or ⅔), they’re still 1, even though they’re physically separated. Which of these two is easier to understand? If we explained this to a child now, which one is easier for them?

Why would Allah present people with a concept that doesn’t make logical sense to you, doesn’t agree with humans naturally, you don’t understand it, you can’t explain it, and then tell you that to be saved you have to believe in this strange concept? Please think about it.

That’s why we call you back to Islam, in which you don’t have to separate between your logical self and your spiritual self, where the concepts make sense. We call you to a religion in which there is One God, none other is worthy of worship except Him, He sent prophets & messengers (including Jesus peace be upon him) to guide and warn humanity, and this is the message that has always been.

Sorry if some of it is a bit blunt but there is no easy way to point out the obvious and try and get you to think/ponder/reflect. I request you as before, to please read carefully, and respond with any further queries/clarifications sought, and let us know whether that has helped, and what other points we can help you with/explain.

M.I.A.
12-01-2015, 08:13 PM
I don't really understand what you expect as an answer.

You already have Christians as family members.

Your perception of them and there's of you is probably pretty much set.

If anybody finds detriment in your character I'm sure they will let you know.

Karl
12-01-2015, 09:35 PM
Assalamu alaikum.

What should I do?
You don't have to be a perfect model Muslim, as no one really is.

M.I.A.
12-01-2015, 09:42 PM
You should not offer prayer while intoxicated..somewhere in the Quran.. Although not sure about ziker.

Nobody is perfect for sure.. I'm sure sufi's get some leeway

...or not lol

If the Quran were sent to a perfect people,

We would not have had to be told would we?

Alcohol, gambling.. Intoxication etc etc.

Clean since 2006.

Umm Malik
12-01-2015, 09:46 PM
try to hear this
The Hearts Hole - Islamic Reminder on yourube try to hear this also on youtub

Gabriel convert with tears. Hearty moment,Yusuf Estes

try to read his storry he was a christian preacher

Umm Malik
12-01-2015, 10:04 PM
allahouma if you know that i did this thing for you and to win your satisfied please relief me from what i feel

i hope to tell us that you feel good inshaalah
do you think that islam can't give you happiness
i had have 7 of the mental illnes and i heal from all that things sins i repent even i was muslim but i didn't practice islam
but since i repent i heal without medicent wa lhamdou lillah
espicially panic ataks i sufring with them for 5 years and i feel like i getting crasy
but alhamdu lillah with my prayers and cow chapter everry day i get happy better then who didn't have it
i heal from 10 years and even my sister's died it didnt return any mor ( i mean the panic attaks ) even the dorctors says you it can't be heal without midicent
so my islam make me happy make me great person wa lhamdu lillah
so please practice your religion good befor searching of others ..

waji
12-02-2015, 06:27 AM

May Allah Help you and ease the burden in your Heart Ameen.

It's a human thing if you keep doing certain thing over and over again then you stop thinking about it you just react
Just like most Marshal Arts Practice makes them just react.

What you do to have emotional connection?
Understand what your doing (Prayer specially) like why one raise their hand to enter the prayer or why say salam getting out of it.
read different books or watch (YouTube) to have different perspective.

What i belief of Christianity
That it WAS true religion until people made changes in the BOOK(The Word of God)
That is why Allah sent another Messenger with the word of God and Protected the BOOK.
That is why He is the Last because the The Word of God remains intact.

Its all up to the people what they follow and will get accordingly on the day of Judgement.

Hope You Think Wisely.

:w:

Insaanah
12-02-2015, 01:50 PM
Just to add some points about the concept of a day of judgement, punishment and rewards, accountability, justice and retribution.

If there is a God, which we agree, there has to be a Day of Judgement, because God has to be fair, otherwise people get away scot free, and if a serial killer dies, it means he ends up in the same nothingness as a devout worshipper.

If there is a class of students, some are lazy and do nothing and get a fail mark, some work hard day and night on the syllabus and are worthy of distinctions, but the teacher gives them all pass marks, is that fair? Is that just? How can we ascribe the same unjustness to God?

We have a mass murderer and serial rapist on the one hand, and a devout, pious worshipper on the other, but God loves them both the same. That is not fair or just, and we cannot and should not ascribe such unjustness to God. I know God would love the repentance of the criminal, but here we are talking about loving him as is.

God makes one person die for the sins of the whole of humankind, and rather than each person being responsible for their own sins, he has to unjustly bear the burden. That is not Just and not fair. Again, we do not and will not ascribe such unjustness to God.

We do not assume we have His love, but we hope for it and ask for it, and have the following lovely supplication:

"O Allah, I ask you for Your love, and the love of those who love You, and the love of every action that will bring me closer to Your love."

We hope for His mercy, and we worship Him not with love alone (because then a person can do anything and think and assume that God will love him all the same) but with a combination of love (We should be overwhelming in our love for Him), hope (since He is the One who is full of Mercy, and we hope He will forgive our mistakes and shortcomings) and fear (on the Day of Judgement, every person will stand before Allaah and account for his sins, knowing that not even the smallest action which he did is hidden from Allaah, and we remind ourselves of this Judgement and accountability and that should bring about in us a sense of fear).

A Muslim should always remember that Allah is watching everything he does, and that he will have to account for his deeds. This alone should prevent behaving in a manner against the guidance of Allah. Many present day problems in this world would disappear and new ones avoided, if everyone acted fully in accord with this belief.

This world is our test, and we will get our pass or fail marks from Allah on the Day of Judgement (which is true and not an analogy). Imagine if a teacher had a class. Some students worked really hard day and night, some didn't, and some didn't study the specified syllabus but studied whatever they fancied. The hard workers get top marks, the lazy ones get the lowest fail marks, as do those that studied the wrong thing, but the teacher, instead of giving them their correct marks, gives them all distinctions. Can you imagine? The teacher would be sacked, there would be national outcry as to how unjust and stupid the teacher is, and the school would be blacklisted. How would those who worked hard feel, knowing that those who did nothing have been given the same marks? Why did they bother working so hard? They would demand justice, and rightfully so.

Imagine a country, where criminals were, instead of jail, sent to stately mansion houses with gardens and servants. The judge declares he feels an overwhelming sense of love for this criminal despite his heinous crimes. Would this be right? That country's laws would be ridiculed by it's own people and other countries.

Justice and retribution is something so fundamental, important and basic, that even animals and children understand it. A toddler tries to walk and hits a table and cries and cries. It's mother tries to console it, to no avail. Until she hits the table and says bad table, naughty table, then the child begins to calm down. Annoy the monkeys at the zoo and see how they react to you. How is it, that babies understand justice, animals understand justice, societies and countries understand justice, schools understand justice, but God doesn't? How can that be? Please think abut it. Please don't let the wool be pulled over your eyes.

We cannot ascribe such unjust behaviour to Allah. While Allah is Loving and Forgiving, He is also Severe in punishment, yet He is Fair and Firm. Such is the perfectly balanced nature of Allah.

Unlike the scenario, Allah is not unjust in the least bit. Those who work hard and try their utmost to obey Allah and follow the guidance He sent, will not be treated the same as those who don't.

Allah is kind, loving, forgiving, clement, forbearing, pardoning, the merciful, but also the Just, and the stern in punishment, just like we should expect Him to be. There is none more perfect than He.

To end, I found a post from one of our respected members here, which I thought you should read:

"Many of us here (Myself included) said essentially the same words you are now saying, during our years following Paulism in the belief we were Christians. During our Christian years we loved and worshiped an idealistic man-made concept. After we came to Islam we learned to truly love Jesus(as) and not what we were told was Jesus(as).

When I was Christian I thought I loved Jesus(as), but after coming to Islam I came to truly Love Jesus(as).
"

Insaanah
12-02-2015, 02:02 PM
The post before this might appear as the last one on the previous page, which is about the concept of a day of judgement, punishment and rewards, accountability, justice and retribution (in case it is missed)

Regarding Allah's mercy:

In our life in this world, Allah is merciful in various ways to all His creatures, whether they see it or not, whether they acknowledge it or not, whether they accept Him or reject Him, whether they accept Him but associate others such as Jesus (peace be upon him) in His Divinity, or whether they were hoping for a different "mercy" of their choosing.

It is a mercy for all that one can return to the straight path any time before death, as is the fact that Allah shows us His signs day and night for us to reflect, sends guidance for us, gives us chances throughout our life even if we repeatedly sin, and no matter how disobedient we are, He still gives us to eat and drink and lets us to go about our daily lives, the fact that we see and hear and talk and reason, all of these are mercies from His vast, unlimited, infinite Mercy that we cannot even begin to fathom.

The very first sentence in the Qur'an, as you begin to read it, is "In the name of Allah, the Most Merciful, the Most Compassionate", and Muslims start every lawful act with this phrase, be that reciting the Qur'an, eating, entering the house or mosque, putting on clothes, any lawful act in fact, acknowledging His Kindness and Mercy and Compassion many, many times a day. It is one of the first phrases that children are taught and use on a practical basis daily from when they first learn to speak. From a young age, Muslims acknowledge Allah's Kindness, Mercy and Compassion.

The Prophet :saws: was also sent as a mercy for all the worlds:

And We have not sent you, [O Muhammad], except as a mercy to the worlds. (Surah al Anbiyaa' Surah 21 ayah 107)

The Prophet (peace be upon him) was indeed a mercy for all the world, but will people accept that, or reject the guidance from God that he came with? Will they reject the correction made by God, of people's wrong beliefs, e.g. about Jesus (peace be upon him)? God is indeed Rabbul 3alameen, but will people affirm that with their tongues but then continue to associate others (such as Jesus) in His Lordship and Divinity?

As I mentioned above, Allah is Kind, Loving, Forgiving, and Merciful, but also stern in punishment, yet fair, and the Most Just, as outlined in the Qur'an and hadeeth, from where we learn about Allah. Our sources for learning about Allah and His attributes, as you know, are the Qur'an and Hadeeth. The Qur'an contains verses that tell us that nobody shall be wronged by even such an amount as the tiny spot on a date stone, and also verses telling us Allah is Forgiving, Merciful, as well as stern but fair in punishment.

No Muslim should believe "how can Allah punish people in hell-fire?" Punishing in hell-fire in no way precludes Allah from being the Most Loving and Forgiving the likes of which we can never imagine. You must remember that Allah has a perfect balance of Love, Forgiveness, Kindness, Mercy, Fairness, Justness, and Firmness.

"And ordain for us in this world that which is good, and in the Hereafter (that which is good), certainly we have turned unto You." [Allah] said, "My punishment - I afflict with it whom I will, but My mercy encompasses all things." So I will decree it [especially] for those who fear Me and give zakah and those who believe in Our verses-

Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered prophet, whom they find written in what they have of the Torah and the Gospel, who enjoins upon them what is right and forbids them what is wrong and makes lawful for them the good things and prohibits for them the evil and relieves them of their burden and the shackles which were upon them. So they who have believed in him, honored him, supported him and followed the light which was sent down with him - it is those who will be the successful." (7:156-157)

Search
12-03-2015, 02:21 AM

I wanted to humbly request that everyone pray for the brother to be guided back to the Straight Path.

StrivingforDeen has been praying for guidance, and I'd say the best wish and dua (supplication) we can make is for the same.

:jz:

جوري
12-03-2015, 02:51 AM
This is the time when a man sleeps a Muslim and wakes a kaffir, wakes a Muslim and sleeps s kaffir.
with all I can muster of kindness I think it's actually a good idea for you to convert to Christianity and a large number of folks who count as Muslims and shouldn't be!

I've always admired that the Jews made it notoriously difficult for folks to convert into their religion and have to go through quite a rigorous study to convert. I never understood the Muslim need to mass convert people who end up nothing but deviants and ruin things from within.
An ummah should be one body and like a body when a part of it hurts the rest hurt- if you're finding that you're a foreign object to that body then please don't be Muslim!
This is the right time to walk out I promise it will get a whole lot worse for obvious reasons. If you're not in it for Aqeedah then don't be in it better than being and living as a hypocrite!

Best,

Scimitar
12-03-2015, 02:56 AM
he seems pretty convinced - but does he have the courage of his conviction? can he face his family with this?

Scimi

The-Deist
12-03-2015, 03:49 PM
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you.

sister herb
12-03-2015, 03:51 PM
^^ Matthew 5:44

^o)

جوري
12-03-2015, 04:02 PM
But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Luke 19:28

if your bible isn't preaching some form of violence disguised as love then in all likelihood you're following a made up religion!

AabiruSabeel
12-03-2015, 04:05 PM
Allah :swt: says:

And not equal are the good deed and the bad. Repel [evil] by that [deed] which is better; and thereupon the one whom between you and him is enmity [will become] as though he was a devoted friend. [Surah Fussilat: 34]

keiv
12-03-2015, 05:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by جوري
This is the time when a man sleeps a Muslim and wakes a kaffir, wakes a Muslim and sleeps s kaffir.
with all I can muster of kindness I think it's actually a good idea for you to convert to Christianity and a large number of folks who count as Muslims and shouldn't be!

I've always admired that the Jews made it notoriously difficult for folks to convert into their religion and have to go through quite a rigorous study to convert. I never understood the Muslim need to mass convert people who end up nothing but deviants and ruin things from within.
An ummah should be one body and like a body when a part of it hurts the rest hurt- if you're finding that you're a foreign object to that body then please don't be Muslim!
This is the right time to walk out I promise it will get a whole lot worse for obvious reasons. If you're not in it for Aqeedah then don't be in it better than being and living as a hypocrite!

Best,
Yea I never really understood why Muslims, specifically ones who publicly speak to non Muslims, insist on trying to convert as many people as possible like they're trying to reach a quota. You see it on youtube all the time. One speaker, Zakir Naik, comes to mind. Not to take away from what he does but, during his quation and answer sessions, he will constantly tell people that if he answers their question and they're satisfied with the answer that they have to convert (more or less). Kind of like a bet.

I personally never understood the idea of conversion as a numbers game.

AabiruSabeel
12-03-2015, 05:53 PM
As a Muslim, it is our duty to try and save people from falling into the pit of fire. And we know people will only be saved from the Fire of Hell if they accept Islam by proclaiming the Shahadah.

Search
12-03-2015, 06:00 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by ibn-Adam
As a Muslim, it is our duty to try and save people from falling into the pit of fire. And we know people will only be saved from the Fire of Hell if they accept Islam by proclaiming the Shahadah.
In some way, I think I agree with you. That said, I also do not think there's any way to convince someone of something of which they have chosen not to be convinced. Ultimately, we can try our best as believers to advise and counsel, but really, we must understand that we do not choose who stays or leaves this beautiful religion as all is in the hands of Allah SWT. And Allah SWT is All-Wise, All-Knowing.

جوري
12-03-2015, 06:12 PM

Prudent to teach Muslims proper Islam than amass more clowns!
I can write an almanac on the ills and dangers of this and don't need to publicly mention the 'pious niqabi' who reached the ranks and was a male spy!
Either way after conversion they're left be or hurled things in large cuts and pastes and compendiums which they don't understand or are able to navigate through and ultimately deviate from. Just have a look around the posts here an example that's glaring as day light!
Let's have a social thread and cooking thread and photography thread and jokes thread and don't like those verses thread and those words of God are dated thread and apologetics thread and can I have a little wine vinegar while listening to Liszt thread everything but core teachings and the fundamentals of this religion just so long as the numbers add up!
newsflash Islam like ALL Abrahamic religions can be ascetic and difficult much like any study or any school requires thought and continuing education and battle with the self it's isn't s joy ride!

فستقم كما امرت from Suret Hud

Pursue, then, what is exactly right (in every matter of the Religion) as you are commanded (by God), and those who, along with you, have turned (to God with faith, repenting their former ways, let them do likewise); and do not rebel against the bounds of the Straight Path (O believers)! He indeed sees well all that you do.

turned the messenger gray haired as he felt the burden of being told to be upright and what of us?

LaSorcia
12-03-2015, 06:14 PM
There have been so many things wrong said about Christianity and what Christians believe in this thread. And in this bible quote, Jesus is not ordering this. He is telling a story/parable of ruler. Those words are what the man in the story says.

format_quote Originally Posted by جوري
But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

Luke 19:28

if your bible isn't preaching some form of violence disguised as love then in all likelihood you're following a made up religion!

Search
12-03-2015, 06:14 PM

Also, I don't know what the position of Bro StrivingforDeen is right now, that is, whether he's converted or not.

If he has though (coverted) or when he does (convert), I humbly request that this thread be closed because I do not think at that point he'll benefit further then from anything said. As people of wisdom, we must learn to leave all matters to Allah SWT.

جوري
12-03-2015, 06:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by LaSorcia
There have been so many things wrong said about Christianity and what Christians believe in this thread. And in this bible quote, Jesus is not ordering this. He is telling a story/parable of ruler. Those words are what the man in the story says.
You'll find an explanation for every biblical text calling for mass murder or telling folks that he 'Jesus' didn't come to bring peace but a sword.

I guess as my quote states text without context is pretext- I'd rather have an ignorant Christian than an ignorant Muslim and you're welcome to explain the fuzzy passages to him :)

best,

keiv
12-03-2015, 06:42 PM
The whole concept of saving people is too close to that of Christianity. I want to save you. Beleive in Jesus if you want to be saved. I think we should focus on saving ourselves first. People can say words, lip service as they call it. Going on a stage and saying if I do such and such, you must convert. Too be honest, I see that being done simply for the sake of entertainment purposes.

Even those that do happen to convert are left out there to hang and dry. What's the point in all of that? Those very same people who weren't genuine in their conversion to begin with are now leaving the faith and not only are they leaving with a bad image of Islam in their minds but, are also speaking out against the religion. Is that something we should strive for?

Our duty should be to educate ourselves. Only then can we spread the message of this religion and try to "save" people. How can we save others when we only know 1/5 of the religion we claim to practice? As a matter of fact, I think it would be more beneficial for those of us who lack proper knowledge of Islam to stay quiet vs trying to spread this skewed version we have in our heads, however good our intentions may be.

AabiruSabeel
12-03-2015, 06:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by keiv
Going on a stage and saying if I do such and such, you must convert. Too be honest, I see that being done simply for the sake of entertainment purposes.

Even those that do happen to convert are left out there to hang and dry.
I think that is gross generalization. Most of the Scholars invite people towards Allah because of their love for the people. They don't want them to fall in fire.
And they don't leave them out there alone. Take Dr Zakir Naik for example, he runs IRF, an institute that does da'wah and I think it also helps and teaches new Muslims.

I understand where you come from. Yes, it is important for us to better ourselves in Islam. But it is also important for us to save our families, friends, colleagues and every one else from the fire of Hell. Both of them are not mutually exclusive.

misshijabi
12-07-2015, 03:53 AM
I didn't read through the whole thread.

But if you are doubting Islam, I highly suggest listening to nouman ali khan's "quran for young adult" series in bayyinah tv. If you don't have money, sign up for a free account. That one will answer a lot of your questions inshaAllah, and also help you connect to the deen at an emotional level.

I think right now don't worry about following everything in Islam, focus on learning more about Allah (swt). His attributes, I really like the explanations here, as they help us to connect with our Rabb. Look at the names of Allah series at virtual mosque. virtualmosquedotcom/tag/names-of-allah/

Focus on connecting with Allah (swt), loving Him, and seeing His love manifested in your life.

While christianity is a feel good religion, a lot of things don't make sense. Islam not only make sense, it does appeal to the heart as well. So focus on connecting with Allah (swt).

What would matter for you to feel that emotional connection with the false God? or Son of God in this case? Would it matter in the afterlife?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.