/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are Muslims Homophobic?

strivingobserver98
11-27-2015, 10:27 PM
Don't forget the people of Lut and what happened to them!

Remember it's Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve ;)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
czgibson
11-27-2015, 11:35 PM
Greetings,

Defining 'homophobia' as only fear of homosexuality is overly simplistic, as the word actually refers to a range of negative feelings towards homosexuality, as this dictionary definition shows:

format_quote Originally Posted by Merriam-Webster
homophobia

noun ho·mo·pho·bia \ˌhō-mə-ˈfō-bē-ə\

Definition of HOMOPHOBIA

: irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals
Individual Muslims may or may not be homophobic, but Islam itself definitely is.

Peace

M.I.A.
11-27-2015, 11:52 PM
Iv met people in the past who can be described as "camp" but I never saught to question it..

To do so would be assuming and presumptuous.

But as a Muslim I dont force my sexuality upon anyone, I don't talk about or Lear at women..

So I don't understand why people force homosexuality upon others or random strangers.

But its usually more about the culture you are brought up in as to the tolerances or intolerances you have..

As to "normal" behaviour.

....I still don't get the whole Sikh men holding pinkies

And several other cultural phenomenon

DanEdge
11-28-2015, 07:51 AM
For the record:

My cousin was among the first women in South Carolina who was allowed to marry another woman. I am very proud of her, and love her, and am in full support of their right to marry each other. They are my family, and they are just like that, and they are in love, and I wish the best for them. I would never, EVER, let anyone hurt them.

Sincerely,

--Dan Edge

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
T L
11-28-2015, 12:40 PM
Every human being has the capacity to show compassion despite differences. Homosexuality is a choice, but not something that should turn you aggressive towards them. It does go against nature in the light of our Lord who created us, we can only show them the door but the rest is up to them. Everyone reaches a conclusion in their own time, God willingly. So really we can only do so much and know whatever we might say or share will not have any bearing on them at all. We're still human, and we share the same root of origin as a creation, and because of this, this doesn't give us any right to treat someone badly because of their choices. God has the ultimate judgement. For we are all tested individually.
We can only express our differences:

"Say: Oh you who turn away
I do not worship what you worship,
nor do you worship what I worship.
And I will not worship what you worship,
Nor will you worship what I worship.
Your way is yours, and my way is mine." Al-Kafirun

Hermaphrodites (transsexuals) however are completely different which many muslims mistakenly throw under the same category as homosexuality.
They have existed since the beginning of time and were also around at the time of the prophet (may peace and blessings be upon him). There are many transsexual muslims today which many, many people aren't aware of. It is something that alot of muslims turn a blind eye to, and refuse to acknowledge. But they are still human, going through the trials that Allah (swt) has presented them with. It is such a shame that there is a lack of community and support for such people.

M.I.A.
11-28-2015, 05:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DanEdge
For the record:

My cousin was among the first women in South Carolina who was allowed to marry another woman. I am very proud of her, and love her, and am in full support of their right to marry each other. They are my family, and they are just like that, and they are in love, and I wish the best for them. I would never, EVER, let anyone hurt them.

Sincerely,

--Dan Edge

...at least they are not cotton pickers.

Search
11-28-2015, 05:32 PM
:bism:

:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
...at least they are not cotton pickers.
Yo, American here, and while we might live in the South, we're waaaay past either being plantation owners or having cotton pickers. We just now have cool accents where we say, "Y'aaaaalll!"

:wa:

M.I.A.
11-28-2015, 05:35 PM
...well at least your not a native American.

It's really cringeworthy when someone gets passively aggressive.

Although I take his word for it with Americas crime statistics.

Search
11-28-2015, 05:41 PM
:bism:

:sl:

*Stumped*

Wut ya talking about?

...well at least your not a native American.

It's really cringeworthy when someone gets passively aggressive.

Although I take his word for it with Americas crime statistics.
:wa:

DanEdge
12-01-2015, 09:01 AM
<----Passive aggressive

My last post was an emotional outburst, admittedly. I grew up with my cousin like a sister.

--Dan Edge

M.I.A.
12-01-2015, 10:04 AM
lol well as an apologist the internet gives me ample opportunity..

to make amends for internet outbursts.

..it could have been worse, she could have came out as a closet muslim.

Scimitar
12-01-2015, 12:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,
Individual Muslims may or may not be homophobic, but Islam itself definitely is.

Peace
Personally I'm not homophobic, and knowing gay folk in London is an inevitability - even knowing gay Muslims too. I happen to know a gay Muslim who goes to masjid and makes salaah, he is the younger brother of a very close childhood friend. He refrains from gay relationships and keeps it halal - and believes that his homosexuality is his test from Allah.

edit: watch from 0:55 onwards - short video

sister herb
12-01-2015, 01:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

Defining 'homophobia' as only fear of homosexuality is overly simplistic, as the word actually refers to a range of negative feelings towards homosexuality, as this dictionary definition shows:

Peace
You claim that Islam is homophobic? Because Islam tells the will of the God, do you then claim that the God himself is homophobic? I think kind of definition is quite impossible. At the least to me. As you are an atheist, you then of course don´t see that Islam by the same way like Muslims - as the will of the God (as you may see that the God doesn´t exist at all).

Seeing homosexual acts as sin - does it mean same as being homophobic? To me no. Phopia means to fear something?

You might like more the evolution theories. You can justify the homosexuality as in the nature some animals create gay partnerships and thats natural because everything what animals do must to be natural, right? Animal´s goal of the life is to reproduce and pass their genes to future generations. At some point, with some animals there has a gene which has an error, and it has produced gay sexuality feature. But those "gay animals" don´t reproduce so their genes don´t transferred to the new generations. By this reason animals gay partners are like the evolutionary errors such as defective gene and in the nature its a recessive trait.

Karl
12-01-2015, 10:39 PM
The Abrahamic religions proscribe homosexuality for a very important reason. War and the need to breed up more soldiers. If you look through history, when a State is under threat of conquest it tends to tighten up its morality and promote or even enforce marriage on the males and the females duty is to make as many babies as possible for the future army.

DanEdge
12-03-2015, 08:50 AM
lol well as an apologist the internet gives me ample opportunity..

to make amends for internet outbursts.

..it could have been worse, she could have came out as a closet muslim.
MIA,

What do you mean by this? Are you joking? If so, I don't get it. My cousin is a Palestinian Christian. I would feel the same about her if she were a Muslim. She is family.

Sincerely,

--Dan Edge

جوري
12-03-2015, 09:48 AM
Do you know what's more useful than enabling homosexual drivel on an Islamic forum? Starting history and religion threads say to teach Muslims that 10 million Algerians died at the hand of the w hore that's France that over 300 of them were tossed in the river in one day for peaceful protests that her 'evil' tower many of you take for a symbol of her 'freedom and liberty' was stolen from Algerian iron when they subjugated Algeria and her neighbors and that their chopped heads were displayed proudly on stamps and their women showcased naked to smiling French soldiers - I assure you, you'd have less apologetics and complainers on these boards!

M.I.A.
12-03-2015, 11:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by DanEdge
MIA,

What do you mean by this? Are you joking? If so, I don't get it. My cousin is a Palestinian Christian. I would feel the same about her if she were a Muslim. She is family.

Sincerely,

--Dan Edge
homosexual palestinian christian...

playing on extreme difficulty is a thing i see.

need more credits.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.