PDA

View Full Version : Oh Ummah



ajr
11-28-2015, 12:49 PM
Everywhere we look today, muslims are being victimised, sad, but a reality...


We are not united as the Sahaba were united, we are not successful as the Sahaba were successful, because we are not fully upon what the great Sahaba were upon...


Today when we are told something as simple as ''Fear Allah'' we take offense to that, yet these men/women would tear up when they were told ''ITTAQILLAH'' - Fear Allah, their eyes would fill with tears...


We need to embrace our Identity and own it...we are muslims, and we submit to the Will of God...


May Allah make our journey to the path of righteousness easier...


You are the best of peoples ever raised up for mankind ‪#‎Quran‬ 3:110
Al-Bukhari recorded that Abu Hurayrah commented on this Ayah, "(You, Muslims, are) the best nation of people for the people, you bring them tied in chains on their necks (capture them in war) and they later embrace Islam.'' Similar was said by Ibn `Abbas, Mujahid, `Atiyah Al-`Awfi, `Ikrimah, `Ata' and Ar-Rabi` bin Anas that, the meaning of the Ayah is that the Ummah of Muhammad is the most righteous and beneficial nation for mankind. Hence Allah's description of them, (you enjoin Al-Ma`ruf and forbid Al-Munkar and believe in Allah) #Quran 3:110


If this is the status that Almighty Allah has given muslims, why then do we still accept being the victims?


Are we deniers of haqq?


And who does more wrong than he who is reminded of the Ayah (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of his Lord, but turns away from them forgetting what (deeds) his hands have sent forth. Truly, We have set veils over their hearts lest they should understand this (the Qur'an), and in their ears, deafness. And if you (O Muhammad SAW) call them to guidance, even then they will never be guided. #Quran 18:57

*The one that does not Fear Allah, Fears EVERYTHING, and the one that Fears Allah, Everybody is afraid of him*
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
T L
11-28-2015, 01:41 PM
Salaam sister. Nice thread.

I have felt this way for a long time now to the point where I don't feel comfortable around other muslims. There is an "ummah", a community, but instead people are so driven by ego that they do not even realise it. There is alot of backbiting, there is no love, and sharing, there is just preaching. And people telling you you're wrong. That does not impact your spirit positively. Muslims have become so fixated on smaller details that they don't embrace the overall beauty of what we should actually be. So many divides, so many hierarchies.

Ummatan wasatan

“Thus We have made you [true Muslims — real believers of Islamic Monotheism, true followers of Prophet Muhammad and his Sunnah (legal ways)], a just (and the best) nation, that you be witnesses over mankindand the Messenger (Muhammad) be a witness over you”


[al-Baqarah 2:143]
Reply

ajr
11-28-2015, 02:46 PM
Wa Alaikum Salaam,

Masha Allah.

Sadly, that is the state of affairs we find ourselves in. I too feel it is better to not attend social gatherings (in person) to avoid the fitnah, of the eyes, fitnah of the ears and fitnah of the mouth lest i should err...

Dawah is something that should be done humbly....''Every mother is a daa'iýah (caller to Islam for her child/family)'' Sheikh Saalih Ibn Uthaymeen (r) The Islamic Awakening pg. 223-229

That being said, i think its imperative that as an Ummah we should adhere to the Commands set forth for us by Allah. We cant continue in this fashion. We need to embrace the honour that is ''The best people raised up for the peoples" #Quran 3:110

We are a single brotherhood. An-Nu’man ibn Basheer reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “The example of the believers in their affection, mercy, and compassion for each other is that of a body. When any limb aches, the whole body reacts with sleeplessness and fever.”Source: Sahih Bukhari 5665, Sahih Muslim 2586

May Allah make our journey to truth easier, may we embrace our role in society with honour...Ameen Allahuma Ameen
Reply

TMGuide
11-28-2015, 03:28 PM
It really is sad, subhanallah and the worst part is that it will get worse before it gets better. If you follow the Quran and sunnah your a stranger wherever you go. Even in the lands of the muslimeen your looked at like ^o) if your following the sunnah.

Its actually funny, you wear a niqaab the first person to tell you to take it off is a Muslim, have your trousers/khamees above the ankles the first person to tell you to lower that thing is a Muslim. We are not accepting our own brothers and sisters, we don't give eachother our rights (like being safe from my tongue) and yet we busy ourselves with none sense.

Allaah does not change a condition of poeple unless they change it themselves. May Allaah guide us upon the haqq and allow us to die in that state.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
LaSorcia
11-28-2015, 03:57 PM
I can totally relate to all these posts. Sadly, I wish I could not understand. I am sad this is happening in the Muslim community as well as the Christian. Shaitan instigates fear and hatred and violence against the people of the book by the world. As if that weren't enough, people of the book turn against each other. As if THAT weren't enough, evil stirs up controversy, criticism, gossip and being judgmental among people who are following the same faith! It breaks my heart.

Persecution is what happens in this world, but God will reward us for it.

23 Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for God who promised is faithful. 24 And let us consider how we may encourage one another on toward love and good deeds, 25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day (of Judgment or of of Essa's return) approaching. Hebrews 10:23-25
Reply

ajr
11-28-2015, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by TMGuide
Its actually funny, you wear a niqaab the first person to tell you to take it off is a Muslim, have your trousers/khamees above the ankles the first person to tell you to lower that thing is a Muslim.
That, sadly, is something that i encountered many times, especially when i worked in the corporate arena. I would often be told that if i ever consider climbing the ladder i should remove my scarf etc, by my muslim sisters....it often left me baffled....how do you give up your identity? Especially, if your rizq has already been decreed for you, has these people lost the plot?

I'm sure we all have many tales to tell, but these are all the tapestry of our lives, our past never defines who are, it morphs us into better versions in sha Allah.

May Allah enrich our hearts with the love of this Deen, Ameen Allahuma Ameen...may He guide those that have erred back to the path, Ameen Allahuma Ameen...
Reply

T L
11-28-2015, 04:04 PM
Many, many tales to tell. I think alot of the negativity is inspired by cultures too and the upbringing. It is awful :(
Reply

ajr
11-28-2015, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by erucysae
Many, many tales to tell. I think alot of the negativity is inspired by cultures too and the upbringing. It is awful
i agree, culture certainly plays a role, as for up bringing, i think for the most parts parents start out as ''happy go lucky'' and as they age they embrace haqq, as the journey seems to be coming to an end (so to speak) so they start preparing for the final destination, but at the same time they now want to implement Islam in their household but the kids have been left for years to dress the way they want etc, it becomes a battle to re-educate them about Islam...(i have seen it happening around me) and of course we have peer-pressure among adults aswell, so if the company you keep are on a different path it can sway either way.

We have to educate our youth when they are in the cradle, teach them the beauty of this Deen. Unfortunately, today, its like a crash course that we now want to implement... my view could hold different to each one. I had mothers tell me they battle now with their teenagers...May our journey ahead be filled with Blessing from Allah...Ameen Allahuma Ameen
Reply

T L
11-28-2015, 04:28 PM
Totally agree with you about the crash course (great way to describe it!), for I've been brought up in a similar household, it was a bit all over the place from the beginning. But Allah (swt) guides whoever He will and leaves astray whoever He will. Parenting is a huge task, so hard to comprehend the pressure of dealing with children of different characters and behaviours. But surely as God says, our wealth and our children are a test. This world was created as toil for man. As a mother of two young children myself, it never gets any easier as they grow older. So much weight and hardship, as a physical burden especially. And then when they hit school age and they're surrounded by a whole world of haram and halal, you feel like you're losing control of them. It's so hard.
Reply

ajr
11-28-2015, 04:43 PM
Trust love i have 5 children, they all have their own character etc. It definitely is a challenge and kids are our Amaanah- trust from Allah. We have to fulfill and uphold this trust that Allah bestowed upon us and raise them in accordance with His Laws. Sometimes i feel i am failing my test, am i too hard with them, am i too soft...but i persevere and continue this journey however challenging.
Reply

T L
11-28-2015, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by ajr
Trust love i have 5 children, they all have their own character etc. It definitely is a challenge and kids are our Amaanah- trust from Allah. We have to fulfill and uphold this trust that Allah bestowed upon us and raise them in accordance with His Laws. Sometimes i feel i am failing my test, am i too hard with them, am i too soft...but i persevere and continue this journey however challenging.
Masha'Allah!

May He be proud of your numbers :D
Yeah it's so perplexing sometimes, I feel so guilty but you have no choice but to carry on and try your best in God's name. I pray you get all the support that you need with them insha'Allah
Reply

ajr
11-28-2015, 05:01 PM
Alhamdulillah

I feel blessed, strengthening the Ummah with my numbers...Ameen Allahuma Ameen:statisfie.....

My kids are biggish already...eldest is in her 20's already... Alhamdulillah... and youngest is in his teens...Alhamdulillah

As a mother, teaching never stops, even if their schooling days are over. They need constant reminders as they are finding their way in life, and the challenges they face are far more hectic...the zinah they are exposed to being the technology generation exceeds the challenges i faced at their age.

May we be safeguarded by the evil we encounter...Ameen Allahuma Ameen
Reply

T L
11-28-2015, 05:38 PM
Aw, reading that has given me strength! Alhamdulillah you've done so well! My children are only 3 and 5 right now, I'm a single parent so it becomes quite overwhelming at times, but He gives me strength and perseverance when it gets too much :) May He be glorified! He is the best provider. Yeah as mothers we are their first school, for they learn from us. I pray everyday to Allah (swt) that He guides me to become the best of examples for them. Ameen Allahumma Ameen.
Reply

ajr
11-28-2015, 05:47 PM
Masha Allah...

That is awesome. I'm sure you are doing an excellent job, may Allah bless you and your children abundantly in sha Allah, may they grow and become the coolness of your eyes...Ameen Allahuma Ameen. May He grant you sabr on your journey, its a very rewarding ''job'' hehe
May Allah accept all good duahs for you and by you Ameen Allahuma Ameen. xoxo
Reply

T L
11-28-2015, 05:49 PM
JazakAllah Khair sister. I truly appreciate your kind words x
Reply

The-Deist
11-29-2015, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by ajr
Everywhere we look today, muslims are being victimised, sad, but a reality...


We are not united as the Sahaba were united, we are not successful as the Sahaba were successful, because we are not fully upon what the great Sahaba were upon...


Today when we are told something as simple as ''Fear Allah'' we take offense to that, yet these men/women would tear up when they were told ''ITTAQILLAH'' - Fear Allah, their eyes would fill with tears...


We need to embrace our Identity and own it...we are muslims, and we submit to the Will of God...


May Allah make our journey to the path of righteousness easier...


You are the best of peoples ever raised up for mankind ‪#‎Quran‬ 3:110
Al-Bukhari recorded that Abu Hurayrah commented on this Ayah, "(You, Muslims, are) the best nation of people for the people, you bring them tied in chains on their necks (capture them in war) and they later embrace Islam.'' Similar was said by Ibn `Abbas, Mujahid, `Atiyah Al-`Awfi, `Ikrimah, `Ata' and Ar-Rabi` bin Anas that, the meaning of the Ayah is that the Ummah of Muhammad is the most righteous and beneficial nation for mankind. Hence Allah's description of them, (you enjoin Al-Ma`ruf and forbid Al-Munkar and believe in Allah) #Quran 3:110


If this is the status that Almighty Allah has given muslims, why then do we still accept being the victims?


Are we deniers of haqq?


And who does more wrong than he who is reminded of the Ayah (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) of his Lord, but turns away from them forgetting what (deeds) his hands have sent forth. Truly, We have set veils over their hearts lest they should understand this (the Qur'an), and in their ears, deafness. And if you (O Muhammad SAW) call them to guidance, even then they will never be guided. #Quran 18:57

*The one that does not Fear Allah, Fears EVERYTHING, and the one that Fears Allah, Everybody is afraid of him*
Where did you get that?
Reply

ajr
11-29-2015, 03:29 PM
which part?

The part where muslims are victims? Well we are victims isnt, the state of affair shows us that we are being victimized and bullied by the Western forces, they invade lands under the guise of ''peace'' and for years muslims took that abuse. The few that fight back, backlashes on the muslims in the West being targets. Countries issue bans on niqab, a God given right on women and what happens, they must pay a fine or be jailed some even being abused if they dont want to comply etc...we can look further mosques get targeted, children get bullied among their peers on a social platform as well as on school grounds etc...so we accept the victimization, retaliate and all hell breaks loose, yeah?

Thing is the west generally have no problem when muslims learn the Quran, but when we want to enforce the Law and be governed by what Allah Commands then we have a problem, so we now have to mellow it down a bit, and adopt a ''user friendly'' approach.

The Sahabah would often cry...

1 – Making yourself feel fear of Allah.

This weeping is the fruit of beneficial knowledge, as al-Qurtubi says in his commentary on the verse (interpretation of the meaning):
And they fall upon their faces weeping, and the Qur'an increases them in humble submission. #Quran 17:109

This is an eloquent description of them and praise for them. It is the duty of everyone who acquires knowledge to reach this level, so that when he hears the Quran he is filled with fear and humility. In Musnad al-Daarimi it is narrated from Abu Muhammad that al-Taymi said: Whoever is given knowledge and does not weep, he deserves not to have any knowledge, because Allah has described those who have knowledge; then he recited this verse.

Al-Jaami’ li Ahkaam il-Qur’aan, 10/341-342.

2 – Reading the Quran and pondering its meanings
Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say (O Muhammad to them): Believe in it (the Quran) or do not believe (in it). Verily, those who were given knowledge before it, when it is recited to them, fall down on their faces in humble prostration.

And they say: Glory be to our Lord! Truly, the Promise of our Lord must be fulfilled.

And they fall down on their faces weeping and it increases their humility” [17:107-109]

So if I give you an example of some people today, (might not be the best example) but here goes…if I tell my sister, ‘’sis, why do you fashion your eyebrows’’, then proceed to tell her about the hadith, relating to eyebrows, tattoos and filing teeth…the remark often is ‘’don’t judge me, only Allah can judge’’…yet we have the hadith to remind someone if they err, knowingly or unknowingly isn’t? or lets say I offer a friendly reminder to a sister about veiling herself, again often it would be met with mind your own business, its my life. So today its viewed more like an insult when you tell someone ‘’Fear Allah’’
The rest is self- explanatory (I hope)…

JazakAllah Khairan
Reply

The-Deist
11-29-2015, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by ajr
which part?

The part where muslims are victims? Well we are victims isnt, the state of affair shows us that we are being victimized and bullied by the Western forces, they invade lands under the guise of ''peace'' and for years muslims took that abuse. The few that fight back, backlashes on the muslims in the West being targets. Countries issue bans on niqab, a God given right on women and what happens, they must pay a fine or be jailed some even being abused if they dont want to comply etc...we can look further mosques get targeted, children get bullied among their peers on a social platform as well as on school grounds etc...so we accept the victimization, retaliate and all hell breaks loose, yeah?

Thing is the west generally have no problem when muslims learn the Quran, but when we want to enforce the Law and be governed by what Allah Commands then we have a problem, so we now have to mellow it down a bit, and adopt a ''user friendly'' approach.

The Sahabah would often cry...

1 – Making yourself feel fear of Allah.

This weeping is the fruit of beneficial knowledge, as al-Qurtubi says in his commentary on the verse (interpretation of the meaning):
And they fall upon their faces weeping, and the Qur'an increases them in humble submission. #Quran 17:109

This is an eloquent description of them and praise for them. It is the duty of everyone who acquires knowledge to reach this level, so that when he hears the Quran he is filled with fear and humility. In Musnad al-Daarimi it is narrated from Abu Muhammad that al-Taymi said: Whoever is given knowledge and does not weep, he deserves not to have any knowledge, because Allah has described those who have knowledge; then he recited this verse.

Al-Jaami’ li Ahkaam il-Qur’aan, 10/341-342.

2 – Reading the Quran and pondering its meanings

Allah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say (O Muhammad to them): Believe in it (the Quran) or do not believe (in it). Verily, those who were given knowledge before it, when it is recited to them, fall down on their faces in humble prostration.

And they say: Glory be to our Lord! Truly, the Promise of our Lord must be fulfilled.

And they fall down on their faces weeping and it increases their humility” [17:107-109]

So if I give you an example of some people today, (might not be the best example) but here goes…if I tell my sister, ‘’sis, why do you fashion your eyebrows’’, then proceed to tell her about the hadith, relating to eyebrows, tattoos and filing teeth…the remark often is ‘’don’t judge me, only Allah can judge’’…yet we have the hadith to remind someone if they err, knowingly or unknowingly isn’t? or lets say I offer a friendly reminder to a sister about veiling herself, again often it would be met with mind your own business, its my life. So today its viewed more like an insult when you tell someone ‘’Fear Allah’’
The rest is self- explanatory (I hope)…

JazakAllah Khairan
The last one.

The part I bolded.
Reply

ajr
11-29-2015, 03:33 PM
Im sorry i cant see what you bolded...maaf
Reply

ajr
11-29-2015, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by ajr
The one that does not Fear Allah, Fears EVERYTHING, and the one that Fears Allah, Everybody is afraid of him
Ahh i see, the original post...


Lets see...

Today we have scholars who speak eloquently, who might even mesmerize us with the detail in which they explain a particular surah etc and that’s good, we all can benefit from an explanation of a particular ayah and surah etc, but when that same scholar says something contrary to what the Quran says or try to give his own interpretation and beguile the Ummah because they are afraid of repercussions be it from the governments or institutions that employ them, then clearly they are afraid of everything else besides Allah, yeah?

Undoubtedly, one should never please people by displeasing Allah – Ibn Qayyim (Al-Fawaa’id, pg 247)

Then over and above that, these scholars would unanimously condemn any act of ‘’terror’’ against the kufar
"O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

Those that Fear Allah and act in accordance with His Laws…

It has been narrated on the authority of Abu Huraira that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: It is obligatory for you to listen to the ruler and obey him in adversity and prosperity, in pleasure and displeasure, and even when another person is given (rather undue) preference over you. Sahih Muslim Book 020, Hadith Number 4524.

Clearly, here we seem to have a problem isn’t. It seems even though certain things looks ‘’evil’’ to us or ‘’barbaric’’ or whatever other word you can think of to use to describe certain acts, bottom line is the fear is there. Whether you fear that the impending ‘’war’’ will be brought to your door or ….
So now we have even muslims the world over shouting out in unison ‘’Terror has no place in Islam’’…So again the Fear is present, if we break down what terror is, its to incite Fear isn’t?

"It is only Satan that suggests to you the fear of his allies. So, do not fear them, and fear Me if you are believers." #Quran 3:175

If certain scholars are not on haqq and do not implement al walaa wal baraa then we will always have disputes such as we find facing us today.

Allah says…
O you Believe! Whoever from among you turns your back from his religion (Islam), Allah will bring a people whom He will love; humble towards the believers, stern towards the disbelievers, fighting in the Way of Allah, and never fear the blame of the blamers.
That is the Grace of Allah which he bestows on whom He wills. And Allah is All-Suffient for His creatures’ needs, All-Knower. #Quran 5:54

So revert back to…you are the best of people for the peoples #Quran 3:110
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-16-2008, 11:33 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-07-2008, 05:51 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-23-2008, 07:39 AM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-13-2007, 05:32 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-22-2006, 09:56 AM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!