/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Should I redo Salah because of the Dog?

strivingobserver98
11-28-2015, 05:58 PM
السَّلاَمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ

I was in the fish shop

Then some cute dog liked me and went on top of my leg. But it didn't lick me with it's saliva.

Then I prayed magrib without changing clothes.

Yeah I know it might be a stupid question, but just wanted to make sure, So is my salah valid?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Search
11-28-2015, 06:00 PM
:bism:

:sl:

RE: Washing off a dog’s touch

Hanafi Fiqh > Qibla.com

Print This Answer Answered by Shaykh Faraz Rabbani
What is the bare minimum to have a shirt considered tahir after a dog has brushed against it? if I have washed a shirt several times in the regular wash, does this make it taahir, or do I have to wash it 7 times, one time with dirt? AND, what about all the clothes and suitcases this shirt has touched? do they ALL need to be cleaned?
Answer:

Walaikum assalam wa rahmatullah,
In the Hanafi school, the saliva of a dog is filthy, not its skin or hair. [Multaqa] As such, mere ‘brushing’ of a dog against one’s clothes does not render them filthy.
If a dog’s saliva comes onto one’s clothes, one must simply wash the affected area itself, until there is no readily-removable trace of the saliva left (such as by pouring water over the affected area three times, or placing it under a running tap). [Maraqi]

And Allah alone gives success.
Faraz Rabbani.
:wa:

strivingobserver98
11-28-2015, 06:01 PM
جزاك اللهُ خيراً I'm hanafi so the fatwa helped [emoji4]

Search
11-28-2015, 06:04 PM
:bism:

:sl:

Salat sounds valid.

Bro, there are no stupid questions, only stupid people. (Masha-Allah neither applies here! So, awesome!)

:wa:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Khalid Saifullah
11-28-2015, 07:59 PM
Wasal

Yep. ... valid

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.