/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I feel drained

anonymous
11-29-2015, 08:11 PM
I feel so drained sometimes because the work I do involves isolation and concentration. Whenever I am with people I feel energised and happy. How do I deal with the loneliness when working alone?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
LaSorcia
11-29-2015, 08:56 PM
I am sorry for this situation. It is ideal if we can enjoy our labours. It sounds like you are an extrovert and have to do an introvert job? Me, I am the opposite, I prefer writing to talking and would rather work alone lol. Too much socializing tires me!

ardianto
11-30-2015, 12:14 AM
What is the pleasant job?. Nothing. A job that look pleasant will be boring too when it has become routine. So do not thinking that people on the field never feel the time of boredom like people behind the desk.

In this situation what you must do is remember the principle "No pain, no gain". Imagine what you will gain if you can pass this pain. Remember what you have gained from the pain that you have passed. Then be grateful because you have a job. In Shaa Allah, it will make you stronger.

:)

syed_z
11-30-2015, 01:24 AM
Asalaam O Alaikum brother or sister, whoever you are dear :) ...

The Prophet (sallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) advised the Ummah to always look at the one below them and not to look at those who are more fortunate (in whatever way) as this will keep them from realizing the blessing Allah (swt) has given them. If we look at those who are more fortunate than us then we will not be grateful for what we have.

...in these times where there is economic oppression on a global level, people have no jobs, people are unemployed. Many commit suicides in their ignorance, some kill their children due to hunger and extreme poverty.... look at those refugees who are fleeing war zones and are unemployed.....don't know where they will end up. You can even study the employment rate in your own town and if thats good then thats definitely not the case around the world. Allah (swt) nevertheless will take care of them InshA'Allah.

Despite all this happening around us, we are employed and have jobs!! ...and we buy whatever we wish for, clothes, good food, we have money to pay rent, pay for gas to go around.... Blessings are toooo many to ignore....

...just be thankful, not saying that you're not, but just showing you other side of the situation you are looking at right now. Once you see and understand the plight of people around the world, your tongue will remain wet with Shukr Allah (Thankfulness).....

[46:15] …[So that] he may say: ‘Lord, inspire me to be truly grateful for the favour with which You have blessed me…’

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MuslimInshallah
11-30-2015, 03:09 AM
Assalaamu alaikum,

Mmm... perhaps you could consider changing jobs? If your basic nature is to be a people person, I don't think that you need to "fix" yourself... rather, it seems to me that you should try to find a good match between what you do and who you are. (smile) There are other people out there who would be happy for jobs that give them a lot of quiet time and space... but you are not one of them, perhaps? Why not leave this kind of employment to those who relish it, and you do what those others would probably dislike, but that you would probably love: something that puts you in contact with people?

(smile) Of course, it's not easy, but if you even start looking for a way out of your present situation, I suspect that you will feel a lot more energized. And, inshAllah, you will find a way eventually.

May Allah, the Wise, Help us to find our vocations.

umairlooms
11-30-2015, 04:49 AM
I understand that issue. the best thing to do is to make the most of the times we have when being with people, so once you have to do your work, you will not miss it much. Also, you can schedule time with other people, so matter what you are doing, you can look forward to meeting other people. If you plan it out, you can take away a lot of uncertainty and look forward to your meet ups.

private message me if you need to talk further

Eric H
11-30-2015, 07:29 AM
Greetings and peace be with you anon,

I am only 66, and I can say that most of my working life has been a grind, we are paid to do something that someone else wants us to do.

Every day think of five things to be thankful for.

Lord grant me the peace and serenity to live with the things I cannot change.
Give me the courage to change the things I can.
And the wisdom to know the difference.

In the spirit of searching for a peace that surpasses all understanding.

Eric

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.