/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What are the benefits of praying Salah?

IslamicRevival
11-30-2015, 01:21 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Please share your personal experiences on the benefits you have received from reading salah.
This thread is designed to motivate myself and others to be more consistent and punctual in prayer. Please do participate

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
syed_z
11-30-2015, 01:42 AM
Asalaam O Alaikum brother... :)

JazakAllah khayr for sharing this thread.

the greatest benefit of Salaah lies in the following Hadith of the Prophet (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam)....

As salatu Mi’raajul Mu’mineen

That in salaat there is the Mi’raaj of the believer

Mi'raaj is the night when Prophet (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) went on a journey up in to the heavens, extremely close to Allah (Swt)....its amazing if we understand this!

TMGuide
11-30-2015, 02:27 AM
Great thread Mashaa Allaah.

As a person who did not pray, and struggled to pray I see many benefits the prayer has brought in my live alhamdulilaah. To me praying helps me find peace, it helps me sin less, and I love the fact that I get to make dua in prayers. Another thing I noticed is that if I commit sins, my imaan gets weaker and I start struggling with fajr especially.

*charisma*
11-30-2015, 11:30 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Once I was watching my husband praying. He'd make du'a and I'd wonder what he was saying. I think it's such a beautiful thing to have a secret between you and Allah. Sometimes we're not great speakers, or we can't describe exactly how we're feeling and can't expect anyone to understand, but when we stand up to pray, we can feel Allah listening to the depths of our hearts and know exactly what we're going through. When we make du'a while in sujuud it's like putting all of our worries and heartache in the hands of Allah during the lowest point, and then when we rise and stand up, we are fully accepting the outcome with tawaqul.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
T L
11-30-2015, 12:09 PM
Masha'Allah great thread!
Salah for me is always a magical out of body experience. Subhan'Allah. The most peak times for me have been during tahajjud prayers.

Abu Hurairah reports that the Messenger of Allah (saws) said: “Our Lord Descends to the lowest heaven during the last third of the night, inquiring: `Who will call on Me so that I may respond to him? Who is asking something of Me so I may give it to him? Who is asking for My forgiveness so I may forgive him?”[ Bukhari and Muslim.]

It's always so potent, so rich, your senses are heightened and you feel how close Allah (swt) is to you. He is present in every atom in your body and soul. I always experience almost being in a trance like state, your body naturally succumbs to gravity in prostration (which is within every one of His creations subhan'Allah!) Your soul becmess timeless during salah as you make a direct connection to God, He listens to everything and feels everything and understands.
May we live and die in His name. Insha'Allah.
Salah is truly our only anchor that keeps you going through your hardships, He is there, always.

syed_z
12-01-2015, 06:34 AM
Nice to read everyone's beautiful thoughts on Salaah! SubhanAllah :)

The Prophet (SallAllahu Alaihi Wassallam) said "Dua is the essence of worship."

..I wonder what is a Salaah that has no Dua in it? What is that Salaah that has no pleading and begging for His Longing and closeness? Such a Salaah would be empty....

Imam Ali Ibn Ali Talib (r.a) said "When I want Allah (swt) to speak to me I read Quran and when I wish to speak to Him I make dua."

No wonder Allah (swt) in His Divine Wisdom decreed for His servants to recite Surah Fatiha 17 times a day! After all it is a Dua.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.