/* */

PDA

View Full Version : He loved sugar...

ajr
11-30-2015, 07:35 AM
Umar Bin Al Khattab Loved Sugar!
Although remembered for his strength, Umar was also known to be a pious and generous man. He would spend the nights in worship, often waking his family in the last part of the night to join him in his devotions. He was a staunch believer, confident in God’s promise of Paradise and readily spent his wealth for the sake of God to benefit the believers.

One of Prophet Muhammad’s companions narrates that Umar once distributed 22,000 dirhams to the needy and had a habit of giving away bags of sugar. When Umar was asked why he distributed the sugar he said, “Because I love it and God said in the Quran,

“By no means shall you attain piety, unless you spend (in God’s Cause) of that which you love; and whatever of good you spend, God knows it well.” (Quran 3:92)

Umar was one of ten men to whom Prophet Muhammad gave the joyous news that they would be admitted to Paradise.

*None of you truly believe until you love for your brother what you love for yourself*

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
12-02-2015, 01:26 PM
This is interesting.

I was just reading an article that states that if people want to avoid impulse buys at the supermarket, they should drink lemonade before they go shopping. Apparently, the brain uses glucose to fuel self-control. A study showed that people who drank lemonade containing real sugar rather than sweetener (which doesn't raise blood glucose) had stronger willpower while completing a task. Sub'haanallah. Among the many great things Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allah be pleased with him) is known for, one is his strong will power.

Also note the following saheeh hadeeth:

Narrated `Aisha (May Allah be pleased with her):

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) used to love sweet edible things and honey. (Sahih al Bukhari 5431)
http://www.sunnah.com/bukhari/70/59

Scimitar
12-02-2015, 04:39 PM
halal Haribo's here i come :D

Abz2000
12-02-2015, 07:46 PM
There was this kids movie i watched when i was little where this chinese kid eats sugar cubes and does some amazing things,
A bit like the goonies format, anyone know the name?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.