/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Knip cap instead of head scarf in winter?

new2010
12-02-2015, 09:23 AM
Assalamualaikum,

what is the ruling on going out with a knip cap instead of head scarf for women in winter? Do they need to wear the scarf over the cap?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
12-02-2015, 10:05 AM
وَ عَلَيْكُمْ السَّلاَمُ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَ بَرَكَاتُهُ

Everyone seems to be covering in winter الحمد لله [emoji2]

Interesting question. I'm curious to know the answer too.

ardianto
12-02-2015, 10:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by new2010
Assalamualaikum,

what is the ruling on going out with a knip cap instead of head scarf for women in winter? Do they need to wear the scarf over the cap?
Wa'alaikumsalam

They can wear knip cap over the scarf. Not different than sisters who wear helmet over their scarves when they ride motorcycle.

new2010
12-02-2015, 10:40 AM
Any Fatwa for that with evidence from Quran or Sunnah?

wa alaikum asslam, brother.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
T L
12-02-2015, 10:43 AM
I think the purpose of hijab is to cover yourself in a modest way. So doesn't really matter how you do, as long as you do it lol. Keep it moderate and modest and you're alllll gooood.

T L
12-02-2015, 10:43 AM
how you do it*

new2010
12-02-2015, 10:53 AM
whom do you mean? I am male I don't wear hijab, alhamdulliah ^^

ardianto
12-02-2015, 10:54 AM
Any Fatwa for that with evidence from Quran or Sunnah?

wa alaikum asslam, brother.
Winter knip cap did not exist among Muslims in period of Salaf. So there's no ayah or hadith that mention about it.

But there's no prohibition for sisters to wear something over their scarves, as long as still modest.

strivingobserver98
12-02-2015, 11:01 AM
What is a knip cap anyway? Can someone post a picture of it. I searched Google, no results [emoji16].

Ridwaan Ravat
12-02-2015, 11:09 AM

A winter cap?

Wa alaikum salaam.

A women is encouraged to leave the home only when required to and also encouraged to leave as concealed as possible, hence it is imperative that the scarf be worn and untimely the niqaab too. It doesn't cover neck etc like a scarf.

Jazakallah khair.

new2010
12-02-2015, 11:31 AM
The British term would be woolly hat, knip cap it rather American. Ridwaan Ravat: Yes, it's obvious that a winter cap as the picture you posted wouldn't be permissible. But what I mentioned was hats like these below plus a hijab:

sister herb
12-02-2015, 11:54 AM
Salam alaykum

During winter, one other opinion is loose hood like this one:

This one covers also the neck - and keeps it warm. It´s quite easy to make by yourself too.

The cap or hat is not necessary. Many sisters use woolen hijabs.

This knitted one surely is enough big to keep me both warm and modest.

ardianto
12-02-2015, 01:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ridwaan Ravat

A winter cap?

Wa alaikum salaam.

A women is encouraged to leave the home only when required to and also encouraged to leave as concealed as possible, hence it is imperative that the scarf be worn and untimely the niqaab too. It doesn't cover neck etc like a scarf.

Jazakallah khair.
Assalamualaikum.

But her neck is covered by scarf that she wear under the knip cap. I used analogy of helmet was because I refer to the function that is almost similar, as protection. If helmet protect the head form injury, knip cap protect the head from cold. I didn't say the sister who wear knip cap should remove her scarf. I just said that she could wear knip cap over her scarf. [smile]

T L
12-02-2015, 09:22 PM
I wear one sometimes too, and I make sure my neck is covered aswell, I sometimes wear one on top of my hijab when it's really cold lol

Ridwaan Ravat
12-03-2015, 02:24 AM
The British term would be woolly hat, knip cap it rather American. Ridwaan Ravat: Yes, it's obvious that a winter cap as the picture you posted wouldn't be permissible. But what I mentioned was hats like these below plus a hijab:

As stated , if its worn with a hijaab then no problem..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.