/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Funny story about hijab at a McDonalds

LusoHijabi
12-02-2015, 10:26 AM
Earlier today, I was in line at a McDonalds buying Chicken Legend, chicken nuggets and fries for myself, a lady who looked about 50 years old came up and tapped me on the shoulder. She said "I have a question and I don't want to offend you, can I ask you". I turned around a little bit surprised not knowing what to expect. I said "of course sure". She said, "I have heard that the reason you people cover your heads (referring to my hijab) is because your husbands make you shave your heads so you won't be attractive to other men and you are embarrassed so you cover your heads". She wasn't joking, she was dead serious, dead serious. She was around 50 years old and had lived all her life thinking this. I surpressed the impending laughter and tears, and told her "no, I wear a hijab because firstly it is a commandment from Allah (swt) and secondly, I want people to relate to me based on my intellect and personality and character rather than on my beauty or lack thereof".

I then proceeded to pull back my scarf an inch or so to let her see my black hair just to prove to her that I do have hair afterall. She looked a little bit embarrassed and the conversation ended there. After I got my Chicken Legend, nuggets and fries and I started eating, I really struggled to contain my laughter because it was quite funny and amusing she asked me that question. Honestly, when she tapped me on the shoulder I was slightly expecting her to hurl abuse at me and give me a lecture about how evil muslims are. Thankfully that didn't happen but I was not expecting her to ask whether I had hair or not. I mean, the fact I have a bun means it should've been obvious that I have hair. Anyways, LOL.

Salaam.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
12-02-2015, 10:35 AM
At least she took the initiative to find out for herself :D

Wonder what she is thinking now... ^o)

:peace:

LusoHijabi
12-02-2015, 11:21 AM
Maybe I should clarify something. The McDonalds thing. I went to Lebanon to visit family from Wednesday and I came back very early this morning so the McDonalds was halal. The woman who aksed was not Lebanese but was actually an American Christian on vacation there. I guess it makes it even more strange. She must've been walking all across Beirut seeing hijabis thinking "they must be all bald". ;p.

strivingobserver98
12-02-2015, 11:47 AM
Halal Mcdonalds exist? :O.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Samia.
12-02-2015, 11:50 AM
Mcdonalds? Thats haram sis don't eat it...

sister herb
12-02-2015, 12:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samia.
Mcdonalds? Thats haram sis don't eat it...
I think she told it happened in Beirut. There McDonalds might be halal.

LusoHijabi
12-02-2015, 12:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
In Beirut the McDonalds is halal.

Samia.
12-02-2015, 12:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
thanks sister.
Im sorry lusohijabi i didn't know you were in a muslim country :hiding:

new2010
12-02-2015, 12:34 PM
In Beirut are people who do think that Muslim women are forced by their husbands to shave the hair off??

btw: even if there were halal restaurants in the west, I don't know whether I would trust them. But in Muslim countries it's probably something different.

LusoHijabi
12-02-2015, 12:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by new2010
In Beirut are people who do think that Muslim women are forced by their husbands to shave the hair off??

btw: even if there were halal restaurants in the west, I don't know whether I would trust them. But in Muslim countries it's probably something different.
It was a American woman visiting Lebanon. It wasn't a Lebanese woman. I would be worried if it was a Lebanese woman that asked.

LusoHijabi
12-02-2015, 12:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Samia.
thanks sister.
Im sorry lusohijabi i didn't know you were in a muslim country :hiding:
yeah, I live in France but I went to Lebanon to visit family.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.