/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Not to be missed!! History of Muslim Sects | Shaykh Akram Nadwi

alsalam
12-02-2015, 07:44 PM
Recent events from around the globe have left Muslims and non-Muslims alike questioning the legitimacy of groups who claim to represent Islam and the wider Muslim community. The emergence of such factions and splinter groups can be seen throughout the entire history of Islam as a religious, social and political entity. There are many examples of groups who have rallied together around a cause or a charismatic individual, claiming to be the true followers of the Prophet and the sole custodians of the path to salvation. There are further examples of individuals responding positively to this claim in spite of the flawed reasoning and arguments that these groups put forward as their proofs or justifications.

The realities of the early sects in Islam is often distorted and obfuscated in today’s scholarship, being the one topic that can be identified as the focal point of disunity in the religion. As Muslims we must be aware of the different sects of the past so that we can avoid falling into the traps of the present.

In the below video, Shaykh Akram Nadwi explains the importance of having accurate and comprehensive knowledge of the practices of the early Muslim sects. The contemporary implications of the socio-political movements in the history of Islam will be taught in his intensive one-day seminar, taking place this Saturday 5th December.

Please visit our website for further information.

Al-Salam Institute
A Centre for Arabic and Islamic Sciences

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd-al Latif
12-02-2015, 08:02 PM
:threadapp

T L
12-02-2015, 09:30 PM
Salaam Brother
This is just a personal opinion of mine, but I'm really quite exhausted by this whole sect business. I've experienced life of the many extremes that islam brings in regard to this and I am so tired of this competition of who is a better muslim. I think the basic principle should be, remove your ego, do not concern yourself with comparing yourself to someone else (even non-muslims). Once you achieve that, the absolute truth is so clear, like it's right there. God says Himself that He makes it easy for us to understand His message. And He does, Subhan'Allah. We are our own worst enemy.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.