/* */

PDA

View Full Version : FocusOnSalah: Plain Prayer Mats

FocusOnSalah
12-02-2015, 11:53 PM
Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh,

Here at FocusOnSalah we aim to bring you one step closer to kushoo, serenity and devotion in your Salah.

How many times have you been distracted by a prayer mat with decorative designs and funky patterns? Then you start imagining weird faces and having optical illusions just staring at it. No more having embarrassing bed sheets or dirty towels to substitute as your prayer mat!

Our luxurious Plain Prayer mats are designed to the highest of standards and quality. The simplicity of the design enhances the ability to attain Khushoo to limit distractions. The Plain Prayer mats come in a range of appealing colours and types all with a soft comfortable touch. Do you have joint issues or pain due to hard surfaces? Then Sponged is the best option for you :). Using tight weaving techniques and velour fabric they are perfect for any environment. These are rare to find and limited in stock, so grab yours today Insha Allah :).

Disclaimer: These plain prayer mats won't make you into a pious imam overnight! These will remove one element of distraction in Salah. You still have the other elements to consider. The real Kushoo begins with controlling your thoughts in Salah, thinking about death regularly, pondering upon the verses of the Qur'an and understanding the meanings etc.

Here are 18 ways to gain Kushoo in Salah: http://www.islamographic.com/gallery...shoo-in-salah/

Salah is one of the most important pillars in Islam. Performing the 5 daily prayers are the keys to Jannah. The benefits of performing Salah are many, but praying with Kushoo is even better. Allah ta'la says in the Qur'an regarding the Salah:

"Be ever mindful of prayers, and of praying in the most excellent way;
and stand before God in devout obedience.” (Qur'an 2:238)

"And I have chosen you, so listen to that which is inspired to you.
Verily, I am Allah! There is none worthy of worship but I, so worship Me and offer prayer perfectly for My remembrance." (Qur'an 13-14)

Verily, the prayer keeps one from the great sins and evil deeds" (Qur'an , Surah Al Ankabut 45)

"O you who believe! Seek help in patience and prayer. Truly! Allah is with the patient."(Qur'an 2:153-154)

Lets have a look into the hadiths of the Prophet (saw):

A'isha reported: The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) prayed in a garment which had designs over it, so he (the Holy Prophet) said: Take it to Abu Jahm and bring me a plain blanket from him,because its designs have distracted me.
[Muslim, Book 8 : 1131]

'A'isha reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) stood for prayer with a garment which had designs over it. He looked at these designs and after completing the prayer said: Take this garment to Abu Jahm b. Hudhaifa and bring me a blanket for it has distracted me just now.
[Muslim, Book 4: 1132]

Narrated Aisha (raa): The Prophet (saws) offered Salat (prayer) in a Khamisa (a square garment) having marks. During the Salat, he looked at its marks. So when he finished the Salat he said, 'Take this Khamisa of mine to Abu Jahm and get me his Anbijaniya (a woolen garment without marks) as it (the Khamisa) has diverted my attention from the Salat.'
[Sahih Al-Bukhari]

Narrated Anas (raa): Aisha (raa) had a Qiram (a thin marked woolen curtain) with which he had screened one side of her home. The Prophet (saws) said, 'Take away this Qiram of yours, as its pictures are still displayed in front of me during my Salat (prayer) (i.e.they divert my attention from the prayer).'
[Sahih Al-Bukhari]

See how our beloved Prophet (saw) took care of this matter? To Focus On Salah he (saw) asked to remove anything that distracted him when praying.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
TMGuide
12-03-2015, 02:20 AM
mashaa allaah, I have to say a business solves a problem by making it faster, better or more efficient. Mashaa Allaah, we all struggle with Kushoo and this will inshaa Allaah will make our worship in Allah more efficient. Like you said the prayer mat is only one aspect but a good step forward inshaa Allaah.

crimsontide06
12-03-2015, 03:50 AM
After getting used to mine, it doesnt distract me anymore..but great idea :)

Hamza :)
02-10-2016, 03:22 PM
I really like the idea of a plain prayer mat, obviously helps you 'focus on salah', a friend of mine also points out that there are no distractions. The price is reasonable. There are ones on amazon having prices like $30 or something.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
strivingobserver98
07-24-2016, 02:25 AM
:ma:.

Regarding decorated rugs :fatwa:
It is makrooh to pray on these decorated rugs because that may distract the worshipper, not because of what is mentioned in the question about showing disrespect to the holy places by walking on the rug. It seems that there is no disrespect in that, rather these rugs are taken care of by their owners and they usually stand on the part that is free of these images.
https://islamqa.info/en/90097

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.