/* */

PDA

View Full Version : France shuts three mosques on ‘grounds of radicalization’

strivingobserver98
12-03-2015, 12:28 AM
What are these "Grounds of radicalization"? Why do they have to shut down whole mosque because of maybe what one person had?

French Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve says three mosques have been shut down in France since the Paris attacks as part of a crackdown on extremist activities.

Cazeneuve told reporters it was the first time mosques are being closed in France “on grounds of radicalization.”

One of the mosques, 35 kilometres east of Paris in Lagny-sur-Marne, was targeted by raids early Wednesday, with police seizing a 9-mm revolver, a computer hard disc and jihadist propaganda. Cazeneuve said the mosque also had a non-authorized Koranic school.

One person was placed in custody following the raids, with 22 others banned from leaving France. Nine others were put under house arrest.

The two other mosques, in Lyon and Gennevilliers in the Paris region, were shut down last week amid a state of emergency.

Cazeneuve says police have seized 334 weapons since the Nov. 13 attacks that left 130 people dead in Paris.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle27559295/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Search
12-03-2015, 02:16 AM
:bism:

:sl:

Insane!

If there are extremists in the mosque, I'd rather the specific extremist(s) be hung out to dry rather than entire mosques closed down, which seems like a discriminatory and retaliatory edict preventing everyday normal Muslims from traveling to join the congregational prayer in worship of God.

:wa:

format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان
What are these "Grounds of radicalization"? Why do they have to shut down whole mosque because of maybe what one person had?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle27559295/

DanEdge
12-03-2015, 05:48 AM
Al Jazeera is reporting that France plans to close over 100 mosques. --Dan Edge

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/1...142023319.html

sfontel
12-03-2015, 06:13 AM
Can I complain too?

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/nigeria/10934291/Boko-Haram-kill-Christian-worshippers-and-burn-churches-in-latest-Nigeria-attack.html

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
DanEdge
12-03-2015, 07:02 AM
Greetings,

Non-sequitur. This topic is about backlash to the Paris attacks.

Do you imply that Muslims should not complain about perceived threats to their freedom of religion? Boko Haram also threatens religious freedom, but I don't see the connection with this thread. Explain further?

--Dan Edge

sfontel
12-03-2015, 07:02 AM
This one is a good one...intresting everyone should read....

Its intresting that some Churches dont have permit...but if you keep reading you will find out why they dont have them...Lol...

I check other websites to see if was bias....they all say the same....more or less a litle...

gatestoneinstitute.org/6860/indonesian-christian-churches

sfontel
12-03-2015, 07:09 AM
Very sad in all cases....

I hope God will guide us trought this dificult time!

God bless!

sfontel
12-03-2015, 07:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by DanEdge
Greetings,

Non-sequitur. This topic is about backlash to the Paris attacks.

Do you imply that Muslims should not complain about perceived threats to their freedom of religion? Boko Haram also threatens religious freedom, but I don't see the connection with this thread. Explain further?

--Dan Edge
Hey brother Agnostic!

There is a huge conection of violence and intolerance + media easy acess....made all of us aware of things that we were not before....

I never said French Muslams should not complain....

I just asked if I could complain too...

Should I be silence about it for their rights whatever it may be?

God bless

DanEdge
12-03-2015, 07:32 AM
Sfontel,

I agree: no one whose right are threatened should be silent. But what do you mean when you raise the issue of Boko Haram in this context? Some might interpret your response as meaning that French Muslins should not complain about violations of their rights because self-proclaimed Muslims in other countries are violating the rights of others. I would disagree with this conclusion because I don't see how these issues are logically connected.

--Dan Edge

sfontel
12-03-2015, 07:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by DanEdge
Sfontel,

I agree: no one whose right are threatened should be silent. But what do you mean when you raise the issue of Boko Haram in this context? Some might interpret your response as meaning that French Muslins should not complain about violations of their rights because self-proclaimed Muslims in other countries are violating the rights of others. I would disagree with this conclusion because I don't see how these issues are logically connected.

--Dan Edge
Its ok to disagree. We all are free to interpret things as we want to. I see all in common and you dont.

What one is not suppose to do, is to conclude something from something that was never said.

I dont think you read my other thread...

But you can disagree!

God bless!

God bless!

strivingobserver98
12-04-2015, 12:43 AM
They say "State of emergency" to those masjids who promote radical views. This is going way too far..

France likely to close more than 100 mosques
Leading Imam Hassan El Alaoui says unlicensed mosques and those preaching hatred will be shut down under emergency rule.

Following news that three mosques have already been closed since the November 13 attacks on the capital, Hassan El Alaoui, who is in charge of nominating regional and local Muslim imams and mediating between the imams and prison officials, told Al Jazeera on Wednesday that more were set to be shut.

"According to official figures and our discussions with the interior ministry, between 100 and 160 more mosques will be closed because they are run illegally without proper licenses, they preach hatred, or use takfiri speech," he said.

Takfiris are classified as Muslims who accuse others of the same faith of apostasy, an act which has become a sectarian slur.

"This kind of speech shouldn't even be allowed in Islamic countries, let alone secure countries like France," El Alaoui, who became the first Muslim prison chaplain-general in 2005, said.

The recent mosque closures, he added, were made under "a legal act that the authorities have" and must have happened because "of some illegal things that they found".

The imam also rejected those suspected of carrying out the suicide bomb and gun attacks, which left 130 people dead, as "terrorists".

"Those terrorists are a bunch of thieves and drug dealers that wore religious clothing," he said. "The whole issue is not about Muslims, but about terrorists. It's an issue of security for everyone."

There are a total of 2,600 mosques in France, El Alaoui said.
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/1...142023319.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.