/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslim Club at School Help!

Flare
12-03-2015, 02:55 AM
Aselem.
I am currently enrolled in a highschool and I am willing to start a Muslim club. However, I am confused to what to do in the first meeting of Muslim club, and what to do every week after that meeting. What should I be teaching and what I should not do. I am making this club alone as far as I know and I can't really do something big. If anyone can help me make a google docs for lessons every week I will be extremely appreciated because I am a senior and I am very busy.
In my school, there aren't many muslims. Really few. And none of them are willing to come. Maybe sometimes, but not going to be a leader or anyone responsible. My school is filled with Jewish people. However, I was already able to make a masjid in school. Hamdulilah. So is the club needed? I want to spread the religion more. I already found a muslim teacher willing to help. The only muslim teacher in school lol.
I would be very appreciated for any help!
Salam,

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Search
12-03-2015, 03:10 AM
:bism:

:sl:

Masha-Allah (as God willed)!

Wow, that's awesome, bro, and an awesome aspiration.

Hey, who cares how many members will be in the club? Allah SWT looks at intentions, and that's what here is important. Intend, bro, to start this Club for the pleasure of Allah SWT.

Also, why not invite non-Muslims? Maybe they can learn about Islam that way.

Why don't you do a meet and greet ice-cream social with a movie? Free food is always a draw, after all. Also, there's a great documentary called Koran By Heart, and I think you can maybe show that on the first meeting.

That said, before you do that, advertise, advertise, advertise with blitz advertising for at least two weeks. Also, go to other non-Muslim teachers and explain to them that you're trying to create cultural and interfaith awareness, and you'd love it if they gave incentives like extra credit to students in their classes to show up to your event.

Sound good so far?

In-sha-Allah, bro, the Club will be a success. Though always remember all success is really from Allah SWT.

Wishing you all the best for the Club,

:wa:

format_quote Originally Posted by Flare
Aselem.
I am currently enrolled in a highschool and I am willing to start a Muslim club. However, I am confused to what to do in the first meeting of Muslim club, and what to do every week after that meeting. What should I be teaching and what I should not do. I am making this club alone as far as I know and I can't really do something big. If anyone can help me make a google docs for lessons every week I will be extremely appreciated because I am a senior and I am very busy.
In my school, there aren't many muslims. Really few. And none of them are willing to come. Maybe sometimes, but not going to be a leader or anyone responsible. My school is filled with Jewish people. However, I was already able to make a masjid in school. Hamdulilah. So is the club needed? I want to spread the religion more. I already found a muslim teacher willing to help. The only muslim teacher in school lol.
I would be very appreciated for any help!
Salam,

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.