/* */

PDA

View Full Version : “Beautified for men is the love of things they covet…”

abo mussaab
12-03-2015, 09:04 AM
Allaah (The Most High) said:
زُيِّنَ لِلنَّاسِ حُبُّ الشَّهَوَاتِ مِنَ النِّسَاءِ وَالْبَنِينَ وَالْقَنَاطِيرِ الْمُقَنطَرَةِ مِنَ الذَّهَبِ وَالْفِضَّةِ وَالْخَيْلِ الْمُسَوَّمَةِ وَالْأَنْعَامِ وَالْحَرْثِ ۗ ذَٰلِكَ مَتَاعُ الْحَيَاةِ الدُّنْيَا ۖ وَاللَّهُ عِندَهُ حُسْنُ الْمَآبِ
“Beautified for men is the love of things they covet – women, children, much of gold and silver (wealth), branded beautiful horses, cattle and well-tilled land. This is the pleasure of the present world’s life; but Allaah has the excellent return (Paradise with flowing rivers, etc.) with Him.” [3:14]
  • Women: They are the greatest adornment of this worldly life, the most coveted thing and the greatest trial (i.e. the impious women).
  • Children: They are a source of honour and pride for a man, etc.
  • Gold and silver: They are a means of fulfilling one’s desires (i.e. wealth).
  • Branded beautiful horses: They are a source of might, pride and protection for their owners, and instruments of war, conquests, etc.
  • Cattle: They are utilised for riding, food, clothing (i.e. their furs and skins) and other benefits.
  • Well-tilled land (i.e. Vegetation): A source of nourishment for them and their animals, and also a source of fruits and medication (i.e. through plants).

Allaah (Glorified Be He) stated that all these things are the pleasures of this present worldly life.

Then He (The Most High) urged His slaves towards the enjoyment of the Hereafter, saying:
قُلْ أَؤُنَبِّئُكُم بِخَيْرٍ مِّن ذَٰلِكُمْ ۚ لِلَّذِينَ اتَّقَوْا عِندَ رَبِّهِمْ جَنَّاتٌ تَجْرِي مِن تَحْتِهَا الْأَنْهَارُ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا وَأَزْوَاجٌ مُّطَهَّرَةٌ وَرِضْوَانٌ مِّنَ اللَّهِ ۗ وَاللَّهُ بَصِيرٌ بِالْعِبَادِ
“Say: ‘Shall I inform you of things far better than those? For al-Muttaqoon (the pious – see V.2:2) there are Gardens (Paradise) with their Lord, underneath which rivers flow. Therein (is their) eternal (home) and Azwajoon Mutahharatoon (purified mates or wives) [i.e. they will have no menses, urine, or stool, etc.], And Allaah will be pleased with them. And Allaah is All-Seer of the (His) slaves’.” [3:15]
From: ‘Badaai’u at-Tafseer al-Jaami’ Limaa Fassarahu al-Imaam Ibnul Qayyim’ (Vol 1, p. 216). Abridged and slightly paraphrased

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.