/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Being Aware of the Current Affairs of the Muslims

abo mussaab
12-03-2015, 03:18 PM
Shaykh Muhammad Naasirud-Deen al-Albaanee stated in his fataawaa which was recorded in the al-Islaah Magazine, Issue 18, regarding the obligation of being aware of the current affairs of the Muslims:
“As for obtaining the news to be aware of the state of affairs and the weakness the Muslims are in, and in order to avoid this outcome, then as we say, this is from the tasfiyah (purification) and the tarbiyah (educating) – purifying Islaam from what has entered into it and focusing on educating the Muslims and bringing them up on this purified Islaam.
So knowing these general circumstances, which encompass the Muslims, is a must; for the matter is as the old Arab poet has stated, taking his meaning from an authentic hadeeth:
“I learned evil not for the sake of evil, but to avoid it. And whoever does not know good from evil, he will fall into it.”
This is derived from a hadeeth – and I mean by it, the hadeeth of Hudhayfah Ibn al-Yamaan (radiallaahu ‘anhumaa) which is reported in the Saheehs of al-Bukhaaree and Muslim.
He (radiallaahu ‘anhumaa) said:
“The people used to ask Allaah’s Messenger (sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) about the good, but I used to ask him about the evil for fear of it reaching me.”
So being aware of what the Muslims are upon from humiliation and weakness in order to turn them away from that towards using the means of knowledge, strength and power, this is an obligation from the many obligations…”

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.