/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Greeting from Texas!

Lanie Vinther
12-03-2015, 10:35 PM
Assalamu Alaikum. I am new to this forum and hoping this site can help me learn Islam from other Muslims. I am currently in-between faiths learning about many paths. I feel a strong pull to Islam but am surrounded my a family who (no matter what they read or I tell them) hates Muslims because they associate terrorism with Islam even though I know in my heart that is NOT the case. My husband is agnostic with Christian leanings, but lets me do my own faith search without interceding. He does crack jokes often about how I haven't found a faith since I left Christianity when I was 21. I am now (as of the day of this post) 24 and feel I am almost done with my search. I have narrowed down my choices between Wicca, Islam, and just being spiritual. I an so thankful for this site and can't wait to see what I learn.

Lanie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Search
12-03-2015, 10:44 PM
:bism:

Wa ilaykum, sis! Welcome to the board, hun!

Excited to hear from you! In-sha-Allah(God-willing) wishing you well in your spiritual search and journey to God.

Yes, sorry, hun, to learn that your family associates terrorism and extremism with Islam. That said, I think it's understandable, given the status quo, and if/when you decide to convert In-sha-Allah(God-willing), you can show them the beauty of Islam through patience and adopting beautiful manners in your dealings with them.

Terrorism and extremism, as you rightly surmised, sis, have no place in Islam.

I'm also very glad to hear that your husband is very supportive of your spiritual journey and your desire to have meaning.

Sure, sis, we're all happy to be of any assistance to you whenever we can. Just holler!

Take care, sweetheart.

Wishing you the best,

format_quote Originally Posted by Lanie Vinther
Assalamu Alaikum. I am new to this forum and hoping this site can help me learn Islam from other Muslims. I am currently in-between faiths learning about many paths. I feel a strong pull to Islam but am surrounded my a family who (no matter what they read or I tell them) hates Muslims because they associate terrorism with Islam even though I know in my heart that is NOT the case. My husband is agnostic with Christian leanings, but lets me do my own faith search without interceding. He does crack jokes often about how I haven't found a faith since I left Christianity when I was 21. I am now (as of the day of this post) 24 and feel I am almost done with my search. I have narrowed down my choices between Wicca, Islam, and just being spiritual. I an so thankful for this site and can't wait to see what I learn.

Lanie

sister herb
12-03-2015, 10:58 PM
Peace with you

and welcome to forum. I wish to you joyful journey here with us. Hopely this place will be useful to you.

strivingobserver98
12-04-2015, 12:27 AM
Welcome to IB sis :).

Hope you benefit from this forum, please do share any thoughts or questions you may have.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
syed_z
12-04-2015, 06:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lanie Vinther
I have narrowed down my choices between Wicca, Islam, and just being spiritual. I an so thankful for this site and can't wait to see what I learn.
Greetings sister. I live in Texas too. Good to see you here. Hope you enjoy your stay and learn Good stuff.

Just some thoughts about being spiritual. There is a Verse of the Quran which helps to inform us that Spirits inside our mankind come from Allah (swt).

(32:09) Then He proportioned him and breathed into him from His Spirit and made for you hearing and vision and hearts; little are you grateful.

....the heart of Islam is spirituality (not to confuse with spiritualism which is something different). We're spiritual beings on a human journey, not human beings on a spiritual journey. The food for your Spirit is His remembrance, His consciousness, His thankfulness and His Nearness..... It is what is within you from Allah (swt) that can help you establish bond with your Lord and strengthen it.

Salaam

Muslim Woman
12-04-2015, 06:45 AM
Hello

Welcome here . Pl. browse forum and feel free to ask about Islam in related threads. U may start new threads if u need.

eesa the kiwi
12-04-2015, 09:43 AM
Welcome sister
I recommend having a look at this site, it has a lot of helpful articles and also a q&a section for you to ask questions
www.islamreligion.com

Also were a pretty friendly bunch here so if you have any questions please feel free to ask
Hope this helps

Lanie Vinther
12-04-2015, 06:01 PM
Thank you everybody.

Scimitar
12-04-2015, 08:05 PM
Assalaam alaikum and welcome to this wonderfully crazy forum :)

See you around LV

Scimi

crimsontide06
12-04-2015, 09:46 PM
Welcome! Here is something I think would be good to read

http://mccmd.org/wp-content/uploads/...1/islam-is.pdf

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.