/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Kids who question the media or government could be extremists

strivingobserver98
12-05-2015, 08:10 PM
Isn't this everyone with a brain? :hiding:

What does it mean when your child starts questioning authority and criticizing the government? Is it typical youthful rebellion? The awakening of a political conscious? Or a sign that he or she is on the path to violent extremism?

Parents in London have been warned that it could be the latter.

An anti-radicalization leaflet recently distributed by a local child protection agency cautions parents who are worried about their children’s ideology to be alert for signs of typical teenage rebellion: changes in friends, dress, or behavior; acting secretive when parents approach.

Then it lists other signs that could indicate a potential extremist in the making. These include: Mistrusting mainstream media reports, supporting conspiracy theories, and criticizing government policy, particularly foreign affairs.
http://qz.com/563964/kids-who-questi...ts-are-warned/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
12-05-2015, 08:23 PM
It sounds like they would live in totalitarianism where it might be fatal to criticize the leaders.

ConcealedGem
12-05-2015, 08:35 PM

Abz2000
12-05-2015, 08:36 PM
Lol they call people radicals left right and center just for speaking the truth, and people are naturally gravitated towards truth and therefore fall into the anti-falsehood camp - i'd say it's good sign that the falsehood mongers are desperate and people are continually waking up to the ridiculous nature of the attempts by the criminals in the murderous NATO syndicate to attempt to maintain moral high ground through stupid accusations.

Maybe they still want kids to believe the operation northwoods lie, or the lie about saddam's wmd and the wtc7 six point five second collapse at no blow story. They're more imaginative than grimm's little tailor and the king's new clothes.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ammar67
12-05-2015, 08:41 PM
This labels anyone who would even cross-check a story in a negative light. RT reports one thing and the BBC reports another, now you are suspect for questioning which news is accurate/true?:hmm:

M.I.A.
12-05-2015, 09:47 PM
....great, sounds like its becoming a muslim country.

next they will be executing emo's...

it happened in iraq.. could happen here.

what you want to vote?

...in a one party system? not likely..

...anything on the education system?

seriously im all for personal freedom.. i just wish people would use it more wisely while they have it.

if i became an extremist i would build something.... no not a bomb.

oh well, for the time being they let you pray five times a day and build mosques, buy houses and start businesses...vote and get education...

but lets see how you end oppression somewhere else.

then one day finally one of you gets high up enough to establish foreign policy...

but the west is propped up by twisted banks!!

....lets blo...

yep, not like islamic banking is a viable alternative... in the west..

LaSorcia
12-05-2015, 10:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NinjaInBlack

So if anyone disagrees with 20% VAT they are automatically extreme
Same, if they disagree with tuition fees
Well then I guess I'm extreme!:giggling::giggling:

greenhill
12-06-2015, 03:10 AM
There is a difference between 'questioning' and being outright dismissive or 'anti'.

Being secretive is something else altogether. I think these kinds of 'surveys' are too narrow and totally misleading.

:peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.