/* */

PDA

View Full Version : “You have lied…”

abo mussaab
12-06-2015, 12:49 PM
Sulayman ibn Yasar reported: People dispersed from around Aboo Hurayrah and Natil from the people of Syria said to him,

“O Shaykh, narrate to us a saying you have heard from the Messenger of Allaah.”
Aboo Hurayrah said: Yes, I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings be upon him) say,

“Verily, the first of people to have their case judged on the Day of Resurrection will be a man who was martyred. He will be brought and Allaah’s blessings will be made known and he will recognize them. Allaah will say: ‘What have you done concerning these blessings?’ The man will say: ‘I fought in your cause until I was martyred.’ Allaah will say: ‘You have lied, because you fought so that it would be said how courageous you are, and it was said.’ Then Allaah will order him to be dragged upon his face into the Hellfire. Another man learned religious knowledge, taught others, and recited the Qur’aan. He will be brought and Allaah’s blessings will be made known and he will recognize them. Allaah will say: ‘What have you done concerning these blessings?’ The man will say: ‘I learned religious knowledge, taught others, and I recited the Qur’aan for Your sake.’ Allaah will say: ‘You have lied, because you learned religious knowledge so that it would be said that you are a scholar, and you recited the Qur’aan so that it would be said you are a reciter, and it was said.’ Then Allaah will order him to be dragged upon his face into the Hellfire. Another man was given an abundance from Allaah and was given every kind of wealth. He will be brought and Allaah’s blessings will be made known and he will recognize them. Allaah will say: ‘What have you done concerning these blessings?’ The man will say: ‘I spent money in every cause upon which You wished it to be spent.’ Allaah will say: ‘You have lied, because you spent money so that it would be said how generous you are, and it was said.’ Then Allaah will order him to be dragged upon his face into the Hellfire.”
[Saheeh Muslim (1905)]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.