/* */

PDA

View Full Version : *Golden Opportunity* Storm Desmond flooding

strivingobserver98
12-06-2015, 03:41 PM
[emoji93]GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY[emoji93]

Muslims and Masajid in Northern England and Scotland have a golden opportunity to show the Beauty of Islam. Flooding has destroyed many people's homes. Many are stranded.

This is the time to show our Ikram and Akhlaaq!
Muslim organisations and Musjid's should strive to help those affected

1. Provide warm meals
2. Help with the clear up of flooded houses
3. Provide shelter temporarily to elderly and families in our own homes and community centres.

This is REAL Dawah. It will send a powerful message InshAllah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
12-06-2015, 04:18 PM
Below are FB posts by non Muslims in context of Chennai floods that say :

# We were not willing to give our homes for rent to Muslims in our localities . Today Muslims are opening up their mosques and providing us shelter . I wish no more babri masjids are demolished, it would help us for another calamity.

FB post by Sankara Rama Bharathi -
" Rains of Humanity"

A mom just called her son from a mosque where she has been sheltered and fed . She said 'I am feeling safe and also watching how Muslims pray their Lord from the behind .. Am also praying to God during that time ....

This rain has flooded my city with humanity .. our people are escaping the traps of death today.. In dangerous times like these, our popular media has made us to believe that the rescuer is an action hero like Arjun, Sarath Kumar & Vijayakanth and the villains are bearded Muslim youth . But today, I witness that these bearded Muslim youth are spread across the nook and corner of the city & have daringly ventured into areas where the army & administration were hesitating .. I see these youth are rescuing any victim men, women, children & old age folks , pulling out dead bodies and distributing food . As I sit in refuge in a mosque today, I seek forgiveness from Allah for many a times believing that these good hearted youngsters were terrorists "

A muslim engineer from Crescent Engineering college was helping to rescue the flood victims. He swam and rescued a non Muslim woman from a dangerously stranded place and moved her to a safe spot. She was in labour pain at that time and by grace of Allah delivered the baby safe . As a mark of gratitude to Br. Younus for saving their lives, the parents Mohan & Chitra have named their new born son 'Younus' . - this is a headline in the Tamil daily paper today.

# All cow eaters, please go to Pakistan - This is Communalism
#All affected by rains, please come to the mosque - This is Humanism
not a single government officer or politician has visited us for all these rain battered days .. A few strangers knocked out doors yesterday and gave us food . I have never seen those Muslims before .

[emoji115] truly these posts are so touching and a big Iman boosters for us !!

Such is the power of character that it can flip the society's prejudiced paradigm of Muslims

Abz2000
12-06-2015, 04:39 PM
Snap! :)

Sounds a bit like desert storm but not like it in actuality since desert storm was an illegal military invasion and desmond is directly from Allah who is the best of judges.
Yes, take some news crews, hand out some food and blankets, help with the rebuilding effort while praying that they repent to God quickly and walk aright in order for it to subside, maybe take a few billion pounds out of the treasury and build some petrol stations for the poor folks, maybe start some vaccination programs on the side and see if they're harbouring bush or blair.

But please don't do this:
http://m.liveleak.com/view?i=155_1365527153&comments=1

Chapter Name:As-Sajda Verse No:14

4فَذُوقُوا بِمَا نَسِيتُمْ لِقَاء يَوْمِكُمْ هَذَا إِنَّا نَسِينَاكُمْ وَذُوقُوا عَذَابَ الْخُلْدِ بِمَا كُنتُمْ تَعْمَلُونَ

*032:014*Khan:
Then taste you (the torment of the Fire) because of your forgetting the Meeting of this Day of yours, (and) surely! We too will forget you, so taste you the abiding torment for what you used to do.

032:014*Maulana:
So taste, because you forgot the meeting of this Day of yours; surely We forsake you; and taste the abiding chastisement for what you did.

032:014*Pickthal:
So taste (the evil of your deeds). Forasmuch as ye forgot the meeting of this your day, lo! We forget you. Taste the doom of immortality because of what ye used to do.

032:014*Rashad:
Taste the consequences of your forgetting this day; now we forget you. You have incurred eternal retribution in return for your own works.

032:014*Sarwar:
They will be told, "Suffer on this Day of Judgment. For your having ignored it, We have ignored you. Suffer everlasting torment for your evil deeds."

032:014*Shakir:
So taste, because you neglected the meeting of this day of yours; surely We forsake you; and taste the abiding chastisement for what you did.

032:014*Sherali:
So taste ye the punishment of your evil deeds, for you forgot the meeting of this day of yours. We too, have forgotten you. Taste ye then the lasting punishment because of that which you used to do.

032:014*Yusufali:
"Taste ye then - for ye forgot the Meeting of this Day of yours, and We too will forget you - taste ye the Penalty of Eternity for your (evil) deeds!"

ardianto
12-06-2015, 05:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
Snap!

Bro, you don't need to be cynical toward those who became victims of this disaster. Disaster can be happen to anyone. Imagine if Muslims become victims of disaster and then other people show cynical attitude toward the victims.

Also do not easy to conclude that Storm Desmond flooding is a punishment and use irrelevant verse to support your opinion. As-Sajda:14 is about punishment in hereafter and not related to disaster that happen in the world.

Okay? :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abz2000
12-06-2015, 05:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Bro, you don't need to be cynical toward those who became victims of this disaster. Disaster can be happen to anyone. Imagine if Muslims become victims of disaster and then other people show cynical attitude toward the victims.

Also do not easy to conclude that Storm Desmond flooding is a punishment and use irrelevant verse to support your opinion. As-Sajda:14 is about punishment in hereafter and not related to disaster that happen in the world.

Okay? :)
Surah Al Ahzab ch 33 opening verses then, i wonder if cameron's soldiers are thinking about the unjust bombing campain against Syrians which they planned all those years ago.
As was in the days of noe, so shall be in the days of the son of man.
Repent for all the crimes against God and against people and walk aright.

46.*We did send Moses aforetime, with Our Signs, to Pharaoh and his Chiefs: He said, "I am an apostle of the Lord of the Worlds."
47.*But when he came to them with Our Signs, behold they ridiculed them.
48.*We showed them Sign after Sign, each greater than its fellow, and We seized them with Punishment, in order that they might turn (to Us).
49.*And they said, "O thou sorcerer! Invoke thy Lord for us according to His covenant with thee; for we shall truly accept guidance."
50.*But when We removed the Penalty from them, behold, they broke their word.
51.*And Pharaoh proclaimed among his people, saying: "O my people! Does not the dominion of Egypt belong to me, (witness) these streams flowing underneath my (palace)? What! see ye not then?
52.*"Am I not better than this (Moses), who is a contemptible wretch and can scarcely express himself clearly?
53.*"Then why are not gold bracelets bestowed on him, or (why) come (not) with him angels accompanying him in procession?"
54.*Thus did he make fools of his people, and they obeyed him: truly were they a people rebellious (against Allah..55.*When at length they provoked Us, We exacted retribution from them, and We drowned them all.
56.*And We made them (a people) of the Past and an Example to later ages.
57.*When (Jesus) the son of Mary is held up as an example, behold, thy people raise a clamour thereat (in ridicule)!
58.*And they say, "Are our gods best, or he?" This they set forth to thee, only by way of disputation: yea, they are a contentious people.
59.*He was no more than a servant: We granted Our favour to him, and We made him an example to the Children of Israel.
60.*And if it were Our Will, We could make angels from amongst you, succeeding each other on the earth.
61.*And (Jesus) shall be a Sign (for the coming of) the Hour (of Judgment): therefore have no doubt about the (Hour), but follow ye Me: this is a Straight Way.
62.*Let not the Evil One hinder you: for he is to you an enemy avowed.
63.*When Jesus came with Clear Signs, he said: "Now have I come to you with Wisdom, and in order to make clear to you some of the (points) on which ye dispute: therefore fear Allah and obey me.
64.*"For Allah, He is my Lord and your Lord: so worship ye Him: this is a Straight Way."
65.*But sects from among themselves fell into disagreement: then woe to the wrong-doers, from the Penalty of a Grievous Day!
66.*Do they only wait for the Hour - that it should come on them all of a sudden, while they perceive not?
67.*Friends on that day will be foes, one to another,- except the Righteous.

sister herb
12-06-2015, 05:39 PM
Salam alaykum

Those are great acts for humanity and surely they also help to change the image of Islam more positive.

What could cure those some "westerner phobic" Muslims then? If they would become a victims of some disaster and then get help from the ordinary westerners? Could this teach to them that not all westerners are just bad but similar humans like they are?

:D

Search
12-06-2015, 05:44 PM
:bism:

:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Salam alaykum

Those are great acts for humanity and surely they also help to change the image of Islam more positive.

What could cure those some "westerner phobic" Muslims then? If they would become a victims of some disaster and then get help from the ordinary westerners? Could this teach to them that not all westerners are just bad but similar humans like they are?

Haha.

"'Western phobic' Muslims."

Descriptive term *stamped and approved*

(Winks.)

:wa:

LaSorcia
12-06-2015, 11:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Salam alaykum

And it's just the right thing to do, too! Sadly, there will always be people who hate believers, but many are just undecided or spiritually lazy or weren't raised right. Good deeds like this help open people's (spiritual) eyes. May God bless everyone helping 10fold.

strivingobserver98
12-13-2015, 05:49 PM
Well said.

strivingobserver98
12-13-2015, 09:44 PM
Update from Cumbria (12/12/15)

One response from a resident was :
"I had nothing but hatred for you people but i would like to apologise to you, i am so sorry for thinking badly about you." She was weeping as she was speaking to the brothers, she also added,"I am going to make sure I tell people I know how wonderful you people are"
Whilst another lady assisted with cleaning out her home said " even if i won the lottery , i could not repay what you have done for me "
الحمد لله

Masjid -al-hidayah volunteers

strivingobserver98
12-15-2015, 03:14 PM
Bloody foreigners :nervous:.

12295519 1032584156802192 5200031547022680075 n?ohea66816ba41b0fde9e4cfedc8c6d94bb&ampoe571DCEFC -

strivingobserver98
12-28-2015, 03:59 AM

*** Flood Update 12am ****

A long day has come to an end where we were able to hand out over 300 packs in Keighley and the surrounding areas. We were able to go to Haworth in the evening and assess the situation there as well. It looks OK for residents but mainly commercial buildings affected there.

The easy part of the job is done, tomorrow we will be back on the road again by placing a team of volunteers to help support the residents of Keighley with the clean up operation and then hopefully get a team to Silsden and Haworth. God Willing.

If anyone is able to help support us please do get in touch, by 10-11am we will have a clearer picture of where the need is the greatest. We have over 100 blankets donated by Al Imdaad Foundation to hand out, thank you to the brothers for dropping them off at the Al Hikmah Centre in Keighley.

Your Friends in Humanity
AlHikmah Project and Muhammadi Masjid Keighley.

Amazigh073
12-29-2015, 06:18 PM
That is a geat idea. Mosques need to orignize and work together and maybe start a fundraising campain for the victims.

I'm willing to donate money since I can't physically help.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.