/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Debt in Islam

king178
12-06-2015, 06:40 PM
Hello,
So I'm am very curious and worried about this issue of debt in Islam. I realize it is a very serious thing, thus I do not borrow money from practically anyone. I have a few questions I would love to have answered:
What exactly happens if you know you owe someone like $15 dollars, and die never paying it back?
What if you owe someone, but you truly didn't know?
What if a friend gave you like $5, would you then owe him?

Sorry if there are too many questions, but these have been on my mind for years now. Please if I could get some guidance I would appreciate it. Thank you brothers.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
12-06-2015, 07:57 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Good not to borrow, I suppose. I can't tell you for sure if there is a difference between owing someone $5 or $5000 except the amount. However, a gift is a gift. If you didn't ask and you received, surely that is a gift and not a loan.

I think there is an 'Ask a Scholar' section somewhere.

In the meantime, wishing you a great stay.

:peace:

Amazigh073
12-28-2015, 09:33 PM
I believe that your close family members can pay back your debt if you die. You are not really in debt if the one who led you money doesn't want it back or doesn't ask it back to you or to your close family members (in case of death).

TMGuide
12-28-2015, 11:09 PM
I was always told to have a will written and up to date, it's advice given to use by our dad but subhanallah I don't like thinking about it hence why I have not written one. But it is a good practice never the less I guess that way if you have debt you write it down and close family can pay it off on your behalf inshaa Allah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
M.I.A.
12-29-2015, 12:37 AM
i met a guy a couple of times and he was struggling, the last time i saw him he had bags with him. he had just been released from prison and had nowhere to stay.

i gave him some money without him asking and he asked what i wanted in return.

strange days.

probably totally irrelevant but if i didnt tell it here.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.