12-07-2015, 01:58 AM
http://www.livescience.com/27621-sle...sis-scary.html

what islam say about this??

:phew

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
12-07-2015, 02:20 AM
A quote from the link.

"Becoming mentally aware before the body "wakes up" from its paralyzed state can be a terrifying experience, as people realize they can't move or speak."

I have had this experience once in my life. What is explained in the link refers to 'waking' from sleep to find we are paralyzed kind of thing (above quote).

My experience was the opposite. I was wide awake and wanting to sleep. It was getting later and later and having to wake up early the next morning stressed me out further and I guess made it harder to fall asleep.

I felt something like entering me or pressing on me, starting from my feet and working its way up to my calves, then my thighs, my stomach, chest ... It was definitely strange. From being able to move and speak, this strange sensation made me feel paralyzed and heavy. Tried to speak or shout but couldn't. So, it definitely NOT what was described by the link. It was not me waking from slumber but from being awake to something coming onto me and willing me to "sleep...... sleep..... sleep" and as much as I wanted to sleep before that, I definitely resisted! It did not feel natural at all!

Still, going back to your OP, I don't know what islam says about this. I know it happens and the link does not explain it.

:peace:

Khalid Saifullah
12-07-2015, 06:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by BilalKid
Ok.... its a medical term of being mentally alert, whilst still technically being still physically immobile.
What aspect in relation to Islam do you want to know of it?

BilalKid
12-07-2015, 08:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khalid Saifullah
Ok.... its a medical term of being mentally alert, whilst still technically being still physically immobile.
What aspect in relation to Islam do you want to know of it?
doing namaz

format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
I felt something like entering me or pressing on me, starting from my feet and working its way up to my calves, then my thighs, my stomach, chest ... It was definitely strange.
very scary!! +o(

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Khalid Saifullah
12-07-2015, 08:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by BilalKid
doing namaz
The person should mentally respond to greetings and make salaat in the mind. He should also remember Allah mentally. Doing anything else further would be beyond his physical abilities.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.