/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Rulings of the Adhan and the Iqamah

islamkingdom
12-07-2015, 10:52 AM
  • 1- With Regards to the Congregation

The adhan and the iqamah are fardh al-kifiyah[ The definition of the responsibility of fardh al-kifayah in Islam is: the obligation which when fulfilled by one part of the Muslim community prevents the sin of failing to do so from falling on the rest of the Muslim community.] (a collective responsibility) for the Muslimeen, but only for the five compulsory prayers.This is the case when they are at home or on a journey, because both of them are open symbols of Islam. Therefore, it is prohibited to forsake or ignore them. The Prophet ﷺ said:“And when Ṣalāh approaches, let someone among you make the call to prayer for you, then let the oldest among you lead (the prayer).”
    [ Agreed upon.]2- With Regards to the Solitary Individual

It is a Sunnah, as Uqbah ibn Aamir t, said:“I heard the Messenger of Allah ﷺ saying: “Your Lord is amazed at a goat shepherd at the peak of a mountain[ The midst of mountain peaks] who calls the adhan and prays. Allah says, ‘Look at this servant of mine, he proclaims the call to prayer, announces the commencement of prayer and then prays, fearing Me. I have forgiven him all of his sins.”
    [ Source: An-Nasa’i.]
    SOURCE:Islamkingdom

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
dua.javed
01-07-2016, 07:40 AM
JazakAllah khair

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.