/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Most of the Hypocrites of the Ummah Will Be Reciters of the Qur’aan

abo mussaab
12-07-2015, 01:55 PM

at-Tirmidhee (2914) and Aboo Dawood (1464) narrated from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“It will be said to the companion of the Qur’aan: ‘Recite and rise in status, recite as you used to recite in the world, for your status will be at the last verse that you recite.’”
This hadeeth was classed as saheeh by al-Albaanee in as-Silsilah as-Saheehah (5/218, no. 2240)
Shaykh al-Albaanee (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

“It should be noted that what is meant by the words ‘the companion of the Qur’aan’ is the one who memorises it by heart, based on the words of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him): ‘The people should be led in prayer by the one who knows the most of the Book of Allaah’ (i.e., the one who has memorised the most). So differences in status in Paradise are based on memorisation in this world, not recitation on that Day and reciting a great deal, as some people imagine. This clearly shows the virtue of the one who memorises the Qur’aan, but that is on condition that he memorises it for the sake of Allaah alone, may He be glorified and exalted, and he does not do it for worldly gain or to acquire wealth.

The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) said:

‘Most of the hypocrites * of my ummah will be reciters (of Qur’aan).’
[Musnad Ahmad (no. 27909)]”
End quote from Silsilah al-Ahaadeeth as-Saheehah (5/284)
* ‘Abdullaah b. ‘Amr said hypocrisy here means showing off (Riyaa). [البداية والنهاية]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
12-22-2015, 07:30 PM
Asalamualykum,

If you really want to think about yourself & protect yourself from ego and pride it's best to carry out good deeds in private.

If you want to change the people around you and save them in sha Allah it's best to carry out the good deeds in front of people.

Work for yourself but with your family and community as well in sha Allah.

We all need reminders.

crimsontide06
12-22-2015, 09:13 PM
I always pray alone because I cannot focus when other people are around, though I do have problems focusing with thoughts going through my mind as I pray(mostly religious thoughts).

I get too shy at the Mosque, I dont pray the 2 rakat upon entering because I have never done it before & people will think "Oh he is now doing this for show.."

format_quote Originally Posted by BeTheChange
Asalamualykum,

If you really want to think about yourself & protect yourself from ego and pride it's best to carry out good deeds in private.

If you want to change the people around you and save them in sha Allah it's best to carry out the good deeds in front of people.

Work for yourself but with your family and community as well in sha Allah.

We all need reminders.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.