/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sidr Honey

keiv
12-07-2015, 11:58 PM
Anyone familiar with Yemen sidr honey? I was looking around for different honeys to try outside of the commercialized stuff we sell here and came across this. I never heard of it until now and when I did a search for it, some ebay listings came up from outside the US. The price for these are very high and the shipping for some listings cost just as much as the item itself.. $100 for a 2lb jar is just.. no, although I'd really like to try some.

I imagine this has something to do with supply/demand but, are there any other honeys out there worth trying that won't break the bank?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
12-08-2015, 02:09 AM
Local honey is best mate.

Sidr is wayy too expensive.

Loca honey carries the correct properties to keep you well in your local environment.

Scimi

keiv
12-09-2015, 02:53 AM
Yea I'm slowly starting to phase away from all the mass produced stuff and sticking to locally farmed and/or imported products. I've lost faith in some of the mass produced stuff out there. We have a local farmer who sells honey from his yard and I've been getting my stuff from him in the past. I knew honey in general was very beneficial but, when I started reading about sidr honey, I really wanted to try some. While learning more about that, I came across manuka honey which is supposed to be pretty good as well. Its more readily available and also a lot cheaper so, I'm thinking of trying that now :peace:

Scimitar
12-09-2015, 11:25 AM
Manuka honey is brilliant - has the active manuka facotrs which come in +5, +10, +12, +15, +20 and +25

I would recommend the +10 as that is a good start, and I have stuck with that for years. I only take it occasionally now.

As for Sidr, though I do not know the mind of the Prophet pbuh - I think it would makes sense given what we know about local honey being beneficial that the Prophet pbuh advised the Arabs to eat Sidr honey which is from Yemen.

In the Muslim world, the honey producing countries are Morocco, Yemen, the United Arab Emirates and Jordan.... Yemen would be the most local for those who live in Makkah or Medina.

So again - for the Arabs, Sidr was local honey.

Allahu alam.

Scimi

EDIT: honey is mentioned in the Qur'an as having benefits for the human being. The Qur'an doesn't mention where that honey has to be from, and if we use our common sense we can know that honey is local to every place on earth where there are bees. So, Allah in HIS infinite mercy ordained for bees to make honey all over the world for our benefit.

Local honey carries the correct properties to fight off local allergies. If one was to eat a honey from a place faaaar away, while they were in their own locality, the honey would not be as effective. The reason for this is because the pollen the local honey bees use fights off the local allergies, and so if you use a honey from a far off pace it won't contain the same properties as the local one and would only really be suited to the locality it came from.

Having said that - Manuka honey comes from New Zealand, which is kinda far away - yet it has healing properties of an altogether different nature. IN the case of manuka honey it is especially beneficial for internal problems and burns etc.

Scimi

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.