/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Trump calls for total ban on Muslims entering the U.S.

strivingobserver98
12-08-2015, 11:33 PM
Totally unrealistic idea! It's getting tough already as it is for Muslims.

May Allah make it easy for Muslims living in America. Ameen.

All Muslims should be barred from entering the United States because they hate Americans, Donald Trump, the Republican front-runner in the 2016 presidential race, said Monday.

The sweeping accusation from the bombastic billionaire, who has already stirred nativist passions by vowing to round up and forcibly expel more than 10 million Mexicans unlawfully in the United States, follows his earlier call to require more than three million resident Muslims – many of them U.S. citizens – be required to register with federal authorities.

A leading Muslim-American denounced Mr. Trump, calling him fascist.

“We’re entering into the realm of the fascist now,” said Ibrahim Hooper, director of the Council on American-Islamic Relations. “It should be disturbing to all Americans that the leading Republican presidential candidate would issue essentially a fascist statement.”

Mr. Trump, who leads all Republicans in the race to replace President Barack Obama, said a “total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States” should be imposed immediately.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ick=sf_globefb

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Moshy
12-09-2015, 06:01 AM
Trump only loves rich Muslims who give him money

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...DB&via=FB_Page

M.I.A.
12-09-2015, 12:50 PM
Well that's a relief, up until now I had been worried about ever visiting America.

sister herb
12-09-2015, 01:00 PM
A typical comment from the far-right populist.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IslamicRevival
12-09-2015, 01:58 PM
Amusing to say the very least

Donald duck is paving the way for Hilary clinton to become the next puppet minister of America. He is simply doing the dirty work on behalf of most Zionist politicians ahead of the to be rigged elections. it's all a ploy, a dirty game of world supremacy and power.

strivingobserver98
12-09-2015, 04:24 PM
Now looks like the cards are up against him. What goes around comes around ;). Looks like parliament has to debate it lol, exceeding over 100,000 signatures.

strivingobserver98
12-09-2015, 04:38 PM
Wow recently passed 200,000 signatures: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35052505

Eric H
12-09-2015, 05:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان
Wow recently passed 200,000 signatures: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35052505
Not only that, they are asking that Robert Gordon University revoke Donald Trump's honorary degree, they have 73,000 signatures on a petition, you can sign the petition at...

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitio...e?bucket=blast

In the spirit of praying for justice for all people

Eric

Abu Milk
12-09-2015, 08:08 PM
As al-Hajj Malik al-Shabazz said, "We didn't land on Plymouth Rock, but Plymouth Rock landed on us!"

I think that quote is so fitting as a reminder to Mr. Trump and his trumped charges upon the Muslims of America. It's pretty ironic when you consider that Mr. Trump comes from a Scottish-German immigrant background, and that it's likely that before his ancestors stepped a single foot on aboriginal "Native American" soil, Muslims had already been there! Building that oh so sweet American pie. Unfortunately though, it was in the form of forced labor!

As history records, Africans were captured from their preciousness homelands of West Africa (approx. 20 million in total - 2/3 dying along the way). Large percentage of those slaves were indeed Muslims (approx. 30%). Did you not know that, Mr. Trump? Yes, many were forced to convert in lieu of the whip, but many hid their faith as well. Among those slaves there were Muslim scholars, and there are still handwritten manuscripts of the Qur'an and other Islamic text available in Museums. Get that, handwritten Qur'anic text in America more than a hundred years before Mr. Trump was even born?

A fact, the majority of European immigrants came "after" the presence of slaves, since slaves were used to lure the first immigrants into the new homeland. Promising them slaves and land if they would migrate to help build new colonies. Some estimate that during the Transatlantic slave trade slaves outnumbered Europeans 6 to 7. A slave ships could number up to 500 plus.

So Muslim slaves were present since the earliest migration to America. Building the country. They were also present during the Declaration of Independence, the American Revolution, and the Civil War. They were the backbone of the American economy and infrastructure, yet denied the freedoms and rights their hard work earned. It seems Mr. Trump wants to return us to those good "good old days".

Slavery was abolished in 1883, yet in 2015 Mr. Trump wants to tag us and restrict our rights as though we were slaves again? Yet we continue to contribute to the soil that so many of us were brought to by force. The Muslims are many, Mr. Trump, some of us descended from slaves, and have returned to the religion of our forefathers. Those who built this country for free! And some of us are Muslim immigrants who have contributed greatly to the wealth and status that you enjoy.

We are Doctors, Lawyers, Engineers, Scientist, Congressmen, Teachers, Cab drivers and more.
Our collective historical contributions and present gives us just as much right to live and die here!

Aaqib
12-11-2015, 01:31 AM
Stupid man

Scimitar
12-11-2015, 01:57 AM
Donald Trump - lol, his name sounds like a cartoon character and I always maintained that duckness.

Anyway - should he come to power (and I should think not) and he decides to stop Muslims from "leaving the USA" as well... that's when we got to start thinking about what it means.

Let's face it - Shaikh Imran Hosein was right about one thing - those who goto the USA and the UK/Europe - GOOD LUCK coz you GONNA NEEEED IT !!!!

I gotta speak to my old man and start to plant that seed now lol. Time to pack up bags and start making plans to go back home.

Abz2000 is waaaaay ahead of us.

Scimi

Search
12-11-2015, 04:31 AM
:bism:

:sl:

While I don't expect any better from Fox News, I am lately seeing CNN and MSNBC also joining the fray of presenting more talking heads that are impressing negative opinions about Muslims and Islam in mainstream public discourse (though presumably done ostensibly to effectuate policy decisions to combat radicalization and terrorist activity).

Trump's rhetoric is symptomatic of the larger problem, which is that people are becoming programmed through mainstream presentations now to view an impending clash of civilizations in motion and are thereby more readily accepting of the notion that Muslims and Islam are alien to the United States.

Trump recent implied he might have supported Japanese internment camps given the situation in WWII. Yet his popularity has soared to 35% in the New National Poll while other Republican candidates lag behind, ABC News reported.

We have to admit as Muslim Americans that he has found the ouch that other Americans feel in not having other politicos properly address the concern they have about the presence of Muslims and Islam in America. Actions speak louder than words, it is said, and unfortunately, actions like the San Bernardino attacks do not speak well for us.

Strike again and again, even a stone breaks; and hearts, after all, are softer.

Is there a solution?

Yes.

Changing negative attitudes is about striking with positive again and again. Long-term effort is required, and so we'll have to be in the battle for the long haul.

The best us Muslims can do is adopt excellence and non-judgment in our character and behaviors, which is already required in Islam of us as believers, so that those actions instead start speaking for us. The second is to make achievements in our life so as to have others see a different side of us. It doesn't have to be as big as a Muslim curing cancer, though that would be nice, but it could be as small as winning a hard worker award at the workplace. We already have so much guidance in the Seerah (biography) about how to build a powerful reputation, that is, to be trustworthy and equitable in our dealings with non-Muslims.

Also, we should not adopt the aforesaid positive characteristics and behaviors with the intention to do any damage control or PR but to sincerely please Allah SubhanAllah wa Taala (Glorious and Exalted is God) because if we are honest and self-examine we'll realize these characteristics and behaviors were always required of us as believers. So, let's In-sha-Allah (God-willing) take all of Trump's and like-minded people's negative rhetoric as Allah's SubhanAllah wa Taala (Glorious and Exalted is God) call to action.

:wa:

Abu Milk
12-11-2015, 06:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Search
:bism:

Is there a solution?

Yes.

Changing negative attitudes is about striking with positive again and again. Long-term effort is required, and so we'll have to be in the battle for the long haul.

The best us Muslims can do is adopt excellence and non-judgment in our character and behaviors, which is already required in Islam of us as believers, so that those actions instead start speaking for us. The second is to make achievements in our life so as to have others see a different side of us. It doesn't have to be as big as a Muslim curing cancer, though that would be nice, but it could be as small as winning a hard worker award at the workplace. We already have so much guidance in the Seerah (biography) about how to build a powerful reputation, that is, to be trustworthy and equitable in our dealings with non-Muslims.

Also, we should not adopt the aforesaid positive characteristics and behaviors with the intention to do any damage control or PR but to sincerely please Allah SubhanAllah wa Taala (Glorious and Exalted is God) because if we are honest and self-examine we'll realize these characteristics and behaviors were always required of us as believers. So, let's In-sha-Allah (God-willing) take all of Trump's and like-minded people's negative rhetoric as Allah's SubhanAllah wa Taala (Glorious and Exalted is God) call to action.

:wa:
Mashallah, well said! Jazakillahu khair!

Pygoscelis
12-11-2015, 04:09 PM
Search,

Well said, and I personally know a couple of Muslims who are doing exactly that. One of them is a lawyer in the firm I started out with a few years back. He gives talks at Rotary groups and is heavily involved with me in my favourite charity, doctors without borders. It is hard to believe Islam is the monstrous force people here make it out to be when you learn this man is a Muslim.

Unfortunately the negatives take all the press, and people have an inherent tribal nature of us vs them that the media too easily exploits. Non-Muslims need to make an effort to look beyond sensationalistic news reports and actually meet and get to know some Muslim people before prejudging them, be it online (as I have done here) or be it taking their family to visit a mosque (that is open to visits). i don't know if all mosques are open to such visits from outsiders, but the one near where I live is. I have brought a number of friends to it and dispelled many a myth in many such friends. I call ahead to let them know I am coming to make sure it is ok, and there are a couple of people there who are always ready to accomodate us and show their actual culture and religion to us, and all without trying to convert us. It really is quite encouraging.

Eric H
12-24-2015, 09:45 AM
Greetings and peace be with you all,

It seems that Mr Trump's ancestors were illegal immigrants to America, should he ban himself first, before he bans anyone else?

Karl
12-24-2015, 11:21 AM
Trump is a perfect American. The guy is loud and speaks his mind, I think he is just clowning around and will pull out of the race. Do you think he is the kind of man always waiting for that sniper bullet as a president? He is just not Sith material, his heart is not black. Don't worry about the guy, he is just getting off watching the politically correct brigade squirm.

sfontel
12-24-2015, 04:11 PM
I believe that what Trump is saying is just wrong!!! I can not watch him it hurt my ears and eyes!!!....Just wrong!

God bless!

Snel
12-25-2015, 02:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Karl
Trump is a perfect American. The guy is loud and speaks his mind, I think he is just clowning around and will pull out of the race. Do you think he is the kind of man always waiting for that sniper bullet as a president? He is just not Sith material, his heart is not black. Don't worry about the guy, he is just getting off watching the politically correct brigade squirm.
I wouldn't take the whole Donald Trump thing seriously, I highly doubt an American president these days has that kind of power. If their government would've wanted to ban muslims from entering the USA, they would have done so without him.

Karl
12-26-2015, 01:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Snel
I wouldn't take the whole Donald Trump thing seriously, I highly doubt an American president these days has that kind of power. If their government would've wanted to ban muslims from entering the USA, they would have done so without him.
Yeah the presidents are just figure heads, most of the administration is Jewish and Jewish plutocrats rule the USA. And Jews fear Muslims less than they fear the "Hammer Christians" (violent white rednecks, descendants and kindred to the Crusaders, barbarous and Christian in name only, not actions). So they will not ban Muslims from the USA.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.