/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Distant from deen

anonymous
12-09-2015, 02:07 AM
Assalamu Alaykum

My mind is inclined towards Deen but the heart is distant. I simply cannot force myself to to the basics, like reading salah and reciting the Quran. I feel flat, I struggle daily with meeting new people, I had a social status but it's disappeared and I know its because of my lack of connection to Allah but I can't turn back? And I do not know why

I constantly fight the nafs for true peace..I over think leading to a negative mental state...Idont know what is going on. I have had a strong feling for many months someone has cast their 'evil eye' on me. But I dont want to believe it. I'm at a loss..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
12-09-2015, 04:56 AM
"Allah never changes the condition of a people unless they strive to change themselves" (13:11)

So we really have to put in the work and cannot hope to have it happen for us without effort. This could be further reinforced by the Hadith Qudsi where it is said that 'If you take one step towards Allah He will take 10 steps towards you, and if you walk towards Allah, He will run towards you' . . . .

What you are going through is not much different than being awaken from slumber in the early hours of the morning (in time for dawn prayers) but decide to pull up the blanket and resume sleep. It is with real determination only that you can defeat the 'whisperings' of syaitan...

Fight it and pull yourself closer to the path of Allah.

Nothing comes easy, especially the road to Jannah. The road to hell is just too easy!

:peace:

Abu Milk
12-09-2015, 06:31 AM
As-Salamau alaykum,

I agree with greenhill, it's important to continue struggling against your nafs in such times. Of the most important reminder for yourself is the Salah.
Hold unto it for it is your connection to Allah in the most trying of times. It's like a boat tied to the pillar of a port during a storm, it anchors you, and keeps you connected to dry land, but once removed it drifts further and further away into the darkness of the sea.

However, you should examine if there are needs present in your life that aren't being fulfilled. If so, try to address them. Sometimes changes in our lives weaken our Iman, and by addressing them it helps to fulfill a void. Perhaps something has changed in your life, such as your family life, wealth, friends, academics, job, or in your health? Or some other goals that aren't being met?

Try to isolate those issues and continue to work on them, or if they are unattainable with a or b, than consider trying to attain them with c and d. Continue to work on making a change that will help you fulfill your goals and never give up. There are often more than one way to attain a goal, so don't become fixated on only one way. Just insure your methods are Islamicially sound and Allah will assist you.

BeTheChange
12-18-2015, 09:36 PM
Walaikumasalaam,

Am sure you already know this but the change can only come from YOU.

Even if we ask someone to pray for us it won't be accepted. You need to motivate yourself and take some responsibility now before your time is up.

Shaytaan is way too experienced in making us think we are going to live foreever and we'll make a positive change tomorrow and tomorrow never comes.

Start with one salaah and be consistent in that salaah and then build it up. I would strongly urge you to focus your attention and energy on the faraz first before doing the sunnah and extras.

Spend time with Islamic individuals and you'll automatically pick up excellent habits in sha Allah and this in turn will change your mindset.

If you can't find any islamic people listen to islamic lectures.

Visit http://www.kalamullah.com/ and download free islamic lectures.

Don't let shaytaan win.

You need to put the work in and i suppose that goes for this dunya too. For example, if you want good grades at college/uni/school etc you need to revise. In the same way you need to work for your akhira. Work extra hard and trust me you won't want to live your old life every again.

May Allah swt make it easy for you Ameen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~ Sabr ~
03-15-2016, 03:32 PM
:salamext:

Gaining knowledge is the key to motivating yourself - read books on Jannah/Jahannam - and on death. :ia: these will motivate you.

Serinity
03-15-2016, 04:49 PM
What HELPED me to get started praying, was I constantly listened to lectures about Jannah and Jahannam, etc. Good lectures etc.

What PUSHED me towards reading the Quran was actually a nasheed. And when I LISTENED To the Quran, my heart started to search. I cried to Allah asking Him SWT to guide me. I kept listening to the Nasheed, turned to the Quran etc.

~ Sabr ~
03-16-2016, 09:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
What HELPED me to get started praying, was I constantly listened to lectures about Jannah and Jahannam
Snap.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.